Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get dreadlocks?

Options
  • 07-07-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in Cork that does dreadlocks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

dj_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Cork that does dreadlocks?

Only place I know of is Ebony Trends up on Barrack Street. Not sure if they do men's dreadlocks, but sure hair is hair. You could call them and ask.

Their website: http://ebonytrends.com/about.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Anita at Obision on Barrack St (the bright pink shop) can locks hair as well. Cheaper than Ebony Trends...

If you know what you're doing, you can get the wax and lox the hair yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

People who get dreadlocks and are not black should be f*cking shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Dermighty wrote: »
    People who get dreadlocks and are not black should be f*cking shot.

I agree it's not a good look. But why should they be shot? Live and let live!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

Only place I know of is Ebony Trends up on Barrack Street. Not sure if they do men's dreadlocks, but sure hair is hair. You could call them and ask.

Their website: http://ebonytrends.com/about.html

Anita at Obision on Barrack St (the bright pink shop) can locks hair as well. Cheaper than Ebony Trends...

If you know what you're doing, you can get the wax and lox the hair yourself.

Thanks for these. Called into both on my way home yesterday. In case others are looking at this later both use backcombing and wax to make the dreadlocks and both charge about €150 for hair that is ~12 inches long. Price may be higher for longer hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I agree it's not a good look. But why should they be shot? Live and let live!

So your saying we should ship them to an island and hunt them for sport?

I have to agree with your idea.

/

Advertisement