Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight into MA - no degree

Options
  • 07-07-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

As the title says, this September I am going straight into a Masters Degree at Huston Film School, NUIG. I get in based on life experience and passing an examination.

So I wonder if anyone here has done this before in any field. What was the experience like? What should I look out for? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Have you been accepted to the course?

I would have thought you would have needed some under graduate course completed before being even considered for a masters? Maybe you have relevant experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Yes... as I said I get in on life experience. Twenty years in the industry. I'm doing the course as I want to open up the possibility of teaching screenwriting academically and also to get a qualification in directing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Yes... as I said I get in on life experience. Twenty years in the industry. I'm doing the course as I want to open up the possibility of teaching screenwriting academically and also to get a qualification in directing.

I had a look at your credentials and they are more than acceptable for qualifying for life experience in fact I think you would be a welcomed addition to any class room with you first hand knowledge. I would suggest in taking part in as many mature student induction courses at the start of the academic year.There will be courses on academic writing etc....

best of luck and ps cast me in the bill please :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Little Pea - I'd love to... If they were still making the show. It got axed a couple of years ago.

Thank you for the advice. I shall look into that.:)

Advertisement