Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low fat meal suggestions for a Carb lover

• 07-07-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I LOVE carbs unfortunately they don't love my hips back I have a dress that is a little tight and need to fit comfortably into it for next w/end. I have just started work so get ravenous early in the morning now. I would have a mix of either cereal, toast or breakfast biscuits for convenience but wondering if anyone knows of no carb breakfasts that would keep me full till lunch all I can think of is fruit and yoghurt Yawn! wouldnt have time in the morning to be eating eggs, frys.
    Unfortunately dont eat tons of meat and hate fish so high protein diets suck for me. The only proteins I eat would be eggs, cheese, beans and slices of Chicken or ham.

Comments

fruit and yogurt (especially the fruit ones) are full of carbs
    make some scrambled eggs which takes a couple mins, or hardboil eggs and bring them to work or something
    i dont really know what you expect to achieve for a week but stay off bread anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better here miss choc

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

No I know I wont lose tons its more just to lose maybe 2/3 lbs to loosen the dress :) also getting very bloaty their cheap meals in the canteen are too tempting. This will be my second week so going to do a big shop and load up on salads, eggs, cheese and some meat and bring it in with me to work resist the temptation of the carb loaded menu. It's mad they did vege carbonara with chips for one dish last week waaay too many carbs. Cos I'm waking up earlier I am hungrier yeah I guess yoghurt are way too sweet maybe could get plain ones like Onken and add some berries to them. It's more trying to cut out the bread/pasta leaving me very bloated will have to force myself to eat more meat as I eat damn all protein only cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

If you want to eat low carb, you're going to have to embrace some healthy fats in your diet. If you have a low carb and low fat diet then you're going to be eating mostly protein, which is neither ideal nor particularly easy to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

True I think I am going to limit my portion size of carbs and when I do eat them it will be the good ones ie brown versions and wholegrain bread in small quantities. I will increase my fruit, veg, nuts and meat intake also. I'd say in the past I was eating well into 70/80% worth of carbs in my diet with sod all protein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

miss choc wrote: »
    True I think I am going to limit my portion size of carbs and when I do eat them it will be the good ones ie brown versions and wholegrain bread in small quantities. I will increase my fruit, veg, nuts and meat intake also. I'd say in the past I was eating well into 70/80% worth of carbs in my diet with sod all protein.

Brown and wholegrain breads are not healthy. Wheat raises blood sugar (and concomitant insulin) levels higher than an equivalent amount of white sugar. It's also full of anti-nutrients that stop you absorbing nutrients from food. IMO eschewing grains from your diet is much more important than any carb limitation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Seriously, you want max results in one week, you need to be very strict if you want any results at all in that time. No point saying you're going to replace white bread with wholegrain, as Kaiser said, it's still going to raise your blood sugar.

For one week, cut out all starchy/carb heavy foods ie, potatoes, rice, pasta. For one week, MAKE THE TIME to cook eggs in the morning. It's not a huge length of time to commit yourself, you can surely make the effort for just one week. At the very least, hopefully you will lose some of the bloat that eating so many carbs has caused you. Should be enough to fit your dress. Good luck in any case.

Advertisement