Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing SSD in older laptop

Options
  • 07-07-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

I'm bored and with the price of SSDs coming down, I thought I might it might be time for an upgrade.
    I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 and wanted to install a ssd with a fresh install of Windows 7. Is this laptop too old to install an SSD. Will there be any compatability issues. I've googled this but most of the answers are several years old.
    Thanks for any help

Comments

I'm bored and with the price of SSDs coming down, I thought I might it might be time for an upgrade.
    I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 and wanted to install a ssd with a fresh install of Windows 7. Is this laptop too old to install an SSD. Will there be any compatability issues. I've googled this but most of the answers are several years old.
    Thanks for any help

The laptop will take an SSD but you probably won't get a huge benefit out of it. I'd be fairly sure that the 6400 only has a SATA 150 interface (Intel 945GM/ICH7M). You should notice some improvement, but it's hard to say how much.

Advertisement