Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Offline Conference & Protest Coverage

• 07-07-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I was busy over the last few months helping organize a conference aimed at the dangers of Scientology so naturally when we got it all underway I was the main event photographer for both days. We had speakers who were everything from ex-members to academics come from all over the world. Ironically enough that same weekend we had our event Tom Cruise's marriage broke up due to that very same cult so in a matter of hours we were quickly blanketed by international press and magazines. The speakers are friends of mine so I covered every aspect of the weekend both public and behind the scenes.

We had people like L. Ron Hubbard's great grandson and Gerry Armstrong who was Hubbard's personal assistant and was privy to all kinds of information and lies told. Never before have so many ex members in such a hierarchical position got together to talk about their experiences and to warn others of the dangerous posed by a seemingly innocent looking organization. In the grand tradition of Scientology we were stalked and surveyed by their security office and by a number of private investigators. I took a lot of pictures and have been lucky to have them go through many news papers and magazines but as usual I put a selection of them online too so I thought I might as well share some with boards. :)

To learn more we have a Press pack online, in PDF format.

[Full Set of pictures from both the conference and protest] :)

7495048544_85c837b53f_c.jpg

7497297608_a80fc9c0db_c.jpg
    Members of Anonymous Hamburg in Dublin

7517830114_dc7f652661_c.jpg
    Jamie DeWolf, Hubbard's great grandson and slam poet signing a members mask

7482867266_46dca25c6f_c.jpg
    Anonymous France take the podium, member wears a Kevlar mask due to being constantly attacked in Paris protests

7481224076_82183f7c0e_c.jpg
    Tory Christman who was Travolta's personal councilor getting interviewed by TV3 for an upcoming documentary on the dangerous of the cult

7497508910_59982cb848_c.jpg
    Dublin Hare Krishna's show up for a song much to the delight of everyone :)

Advertisement