Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm 8/12

Options
  • 07-07-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I am replacing an old Itec Horizon panel with a new H K C. 8/12 panel using the existing wiring and i am finding it difficult to understand the zone -tamper connections , I have wired in the contacts-sensors to the zone side leaving the loop in the tamper side, what I had on the Itec Horizan panel was exit entry window contacts -sensors internal bell, Busser panic button plus external bell and strobe light, what are the resistors for as i did not have them on the old Itec Horizan panel, do i need them for what i have on the panel, Also how do you program the control panel as there is no instructions .

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is this the Itec Horizon with the buttons on the front of it with an 8 type digital display? Same shape as a weetabix box?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Why are you replacing it with such an old panel. We stopped using 8/12s about 10 years ago. A newer system would have been a HKC 10/70 or a Siemens 4220 .Both have the option of wireless for near enough the same price.
    Anyway , Ill PM you the install manual for the Securewatch . Have a look over that & see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

mondeo1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am replacing an old Itec Horizon panel with a new H K C. 8/12 panel using the existing wiring and i am finding it difficult to understand the zone -tamper connections , I have wired in the contacts-sensors to the zone side leaving the loop in the tamper side, what I had on the Itec Horizan panel was exit entry window contacts -sensors internal bell, Busser panic button plus external bell and strobe light, what are the resistors for as i did not have them on the old Itec Horizan panel, do i need them for what i have on the panel, Also how do you program the control panel as there is no instructions .

Thanks.

If the sensors are tampered then as you put the alarm cable in the zone then put the tamper off that zone in the tamper side of the zone also. If you want to use the resistors let us know, have plenty of diagrams showing how to add these to loops. Once you have the engineer code off the system then programming is straight forward. Zone menu, zone names, zone types. Any PIRs on the system? Time/date in timers menu. Users menu for setting up user and engineer code.

Any questions, let us know..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭horse7

kub wrote: »
    Is this the Itec Horizon with the buttons on the front of it with an 8 type digital display? Same shape as a weetabix box?
    Very funny,if the hkc panels last as long as 25 years and are as easy to work on,ill go back to eating wheatabix.

horse7 wrote: »
    Very funny,if the hkc panels last as long as 25 years and are as easy to work on,ill go back to eating wheatabix.

You may end up eating them words. Plenty of HKC 6/10 panels working as good as the first day they where installed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mondeo1

Mondeo 1
    Sorry for not getting back sooner,as I only got it finished wired up this last few days . Thanks Koolkid for the Installation Manuel it was a great help, I would have got the 10/70 had i got your advice sooner as I thought the 8/12 was the simplest and similar to the old horizon.I changed over the zones as the were in the old panel and everything worked except one sensor which I changed as it was an old type to an itec but it still does not work also the strobe light is not working, I am happy with it for the present. Altor I have not wired up the Sensors Tampers as the were not wired in the old panel I am not that familiar with adding resistors which i got with the alarm panel. Thanks again for the advice and help .
    John

Mondeo 1
    Sorry for not getting back sooner,as I only got it wired up this last few days . Thanks Koolkid for the Installation Manuel it was a great help, I would have got the 10/70 had i got your advice sooner as I thought the 8/12 was the simplest and similar to the old horizon.I changed over the zones as the were in the old panel and everything worked except one sensor which I changed as it was an old type to an itec but it still does not work also the strobe light is not working, I am happy with it for the present. Altor I have not wired up the Sensors Tampers as the were not wired in the old panel I am not that familiar with adding resistors which i got with the alarm panel. Thanks again for the advice and help .
    John

Thanks for getting back to us John.
    What connections have you used in the external bell and control panel?

horse7 wrote: »

It was not meant as a joke, it is simply a non technical question which i asked, infairness everyone knows what a Weetabix box looks like.

Just wondering are you serious regarding the easier to work on bit? Is there such a thing as a panel easier than a HKC? The choice of the nixer brigade.

Mondeo 1
    Sorry for not getting back sooner,as I only got it finished wired up this last few days . Thanks Koolkid for the Installation Manuel it was a great help, I would have got the 10/70 had i got your advice sooner as I thought the 8/12 was the simplest and similar to the old horizon.I changed over the zones as the were in the old panel and everything worked except one sensor which I changed as it was an old type to an itec but it still does not work also the strobe light is not working, I am happy with it for the present. Altor I have not wired up the Sensors Tampers as the were not wired in the old panel I am not that familiar with adding resistors which i got with the alarm panel. Thanks again for the advice and help .
    John

Hi John,
    Just on the tamper detector wiring in the old Horizons, as I recall all of the tamper circuits from the devices were looped and connected into Zone 7.......I am open to correction on this though, others please note.

Advertisement