Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website - spammers

Options
  • 07-07-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

Launched a new website earlier this year in a very competitive market, despite being less than 5 months old its on page 1 and within the top 1st to 5th position for the top google search related terms, its also been allocated a pr 5.

Over the past month I've received numerous emails from seo companies looking to pay me if I add links for their clients website to my content. Obviously its a form of black hat seo they are undertaking on behalf of their clients. Can I report these individuals to google?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No i wouldnt report them to google - I would take 200 euros a week off them for this link and i would put this money into the

The Apprentice drinking fund, and once a year fly out to vegas to spend "said" money.

This is commonplace, and im actually worried somewhat that you have not come across it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 *Pexus1976*

No have'nt come across it, as I'm don't work professionally in the SEO industry. SEO is hobby which I find intriguing.

Ok so lets assume I agree and take their money in exchange for them placing anchor text in my content. This will affect my serps, although I could always put nofollow links on the page I doubt they would be happy with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No thats cool, im still surprised you havent read about it.. either way --

It could affect your serps positively also .. ++ There are lots of sites doing this, and lots of ways of hiding it. It goes on a lot more than u know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 *Pexus1976*

Google algorithms have become very good at punishing websites with hidden text. I can see a massive overall of the UK and Irish SEO market over the next six months.

I am planning on launching my first Irish website next month and will not be using the tried and trusted SEO methods to increase my SERPS. Wish me luck!

Advertisement