Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ok,fess up-who did it???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I thought this was a thread about a screw in the tuna.

I did it. It was me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Household charge office on fire
    The office responsible for collecting the Household Charge have gone up in flames.
    Eyewitnesses said the entire building on Dublin's Ormond Quay has been evacuated.

Next weeks news - ye that have paid, will have to do so again because all records have been lost!

(I hope not!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Last week did it ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

They should have burned down the ormond hotel while they were there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Good job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

paddy147 wrote: »

It it was arson, then the arsonist should have incinerated his own place if he wanted to avoid the household charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Biggins wrote: »
    Next weeks news - ye that have paid, will have to do so again because all records have been lost!

(I hope not!)

Or vice versa..those who did not pay can say they did :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

That's awful... compiles list of other govt buildings to "say a prayer" for..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

viva la revolucion

Big Phil must be bricking it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Wasn't there big bags of letters containing payments from a load of people in there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Wasn't there big bags of letters containing payments from a load of people in there?

Mine was in there as well....cheque and all....ehm...I meant bank draft of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

It takes a special type of idiot to do something like this. An act like that will only end up costing the state and ultimately the tax payer more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Dey tuk ahrr recorrrds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It was this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Owen_S wrote: »
    It takes a special type of idiot to do something like this. An act like that will only end up costing the state and ultimately the tax payer more.

Do something like what?

Is it presumed to be arson? Buildings can go on fire for other reasons.

Owen_S wrote: »
    I agree fully. I am devastated by this wanton act of vandalism and just hope to all that is good that my payment was not one of those destroyed by this maniac, I posted it in and all, honest. I do hope he/she is stopped soon, for all our sakes. This madperson could do anything. Imagine the chaos if the Revenue office got damaged? It just does not bear thinking about... tries hard not to think about it..smiles a bit,... continues trying not to think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Chucken wrote: »
    Or vice versa..those who did not pay can say they did :D

Yeah cause the won't be asked for proof...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭RHarrow

The funny thing is that if this were done by an arsonist then that person would most likely not have been eligible for the charge in the first place given that only the most retarded people deliberately burn buildings as a message and said people are most likely dole scroungers or "disability' scammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

RHarrow wrote: »
    The funny thing is that if this were done by an arsonist then that person would most likely not have been eligible for the charge in the first place given that only the most retarded people deliberately burn buildings as a message and said people are most likely dole scroungers or "disability' scammers.

Or a gobshite like yourself. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The leprechaun told me to do it.

• Advertisement

Wow! It didnt take long for an unemployed person to get the blame.

fullstop wrote: »
    Yeah cause the won't be asked for proof...

Ah stop. I'm only messing :)

Wow! It didnt take long for an unemployed person to get the blame.
    Ugh. I'm surprised this needs to be explained but then on the other hand, it's After Hours and I'm not surprised in the slightest.

I'm not saying they did it because they're unemployed, or that unemployed people are scum, I'm saying it if was burned down by someone then such a scumbag would most likely be the type scamming the welfare system for an easy lifestyle and not be eligible for the charge themselves in the first place, merely using its existence as a way to commit a scumbag act for the sake of it and impress their fellow scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fkface

Can you imagine a little group of well fed balding old farts threatening people with fines and potentially jail for not paying this household charge?

And all the softies who paid it, you'd probably sell your mother for a profit.
    If you've already bent over for these crooks, who knows what else you'd do.

Or a gobshite like yourself. :rolleyes:
    Lol, no, sorry I'm not a scumbag and am most certainly not a criminal.

fkface wrote: »
    Can you imagine a little group of well fed balding old farts threatening people with fines and potentially jail for not paying this household charge?

And all the softies who paid it, you'd probably sell your mother for a profit.
    If you've already bent over for these crooks, who knows what else you'd do.
    What a load of utter shíte.

I'd say you've done well for yourself in life.

You're weak.

You're weak.
    And you're self-loathing and completely insecure in yourself.

We can do this all day if you like but it won't change the fact that what you're posting is a load of shíte.

And you're self-loathing and completely insecure in yourself.

We can do this all day if you like but it won't change the fact that what you're posting is a load of shíte.

I'm insecure? I'm not the one bending over when someone threatens me, that's why you do.

Weak little girl.

mod: banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hark at Patrick Bateman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Yes Boss... Along with my collection of Faberge Eggs and an original proclamation of independence from 1916.

mattjack wrote: »
    Yes Boss... Along with my collection of Faberge Eggs and an original proclamation of independence from 1916.

:D

I'm insecure? I'm not the one bending over when someone threatens me, that's why you do.

Weak little girl.
    Sounds like you've a bit of a fetish for this "bending over" stuff and particularly to "fat balding men" as you mentioned before.

Do your parents know you're gay, little man?

Weak little girl.
    Sounds like you've a bit of a fetish for this "bending over" stuff and particularly to "fat balding men" as you mentioned before.

Boys, please, eventually a Mod will slap the two of you and take your toys away.

Just having the craic, jack ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Wait up....
    I can't wait 'til the non-payers start getting punished.

Hopefully a few people being left with silent farts for life after a quick stint in the 'joy will have people paying their taxes like good citizens.

RHarrow wrote:

Don't flatter yourself.

The same monkies running councils into the ground up and down the country, the same old antiques covered in blue mould eating fillet steak and drinking champagne at the expense of Irish tax payers everyday, cleaning their teeth out with toothpicks before getting massaged by a male masseur.

Fat and useless.

I'd say they even have ashtrays made out of Gorillas hands sitting on their desks of an office leased by some developer friend facing bankruptcy.

http://www.thejournal.ie/household-charge/news/

A spokesperson told TheJournal.ie that a small, isolated electrical fire broke out in a printing room at the offices on Dublin’s Ormond Quay and the building was evacuated. The fire was extinguished and damage was limited to the printer and some stationery in the printing room.

Aw..look at that! It wasn't started by an unemployed person!!!!

A spokesperson told TheJournal.ie that a small, isolated electrical fire broke out in a printing room at the offices on Dublin’s Ormond Quay and the building was evacuated. The fire was extinguished and damage was limited to the printer and some stationery in the printing room.

You'll notice, buddy, that my statement was qualified by an "if".

I know reading is a struggle for a lot on here but do at least give it a shot.

I'm not your buddy,pal.

Insults will get you far.

• Advertisement

That's where I kept my Faberge eggs and my 1916 proclamation.

I'm not your buddy,pal.

I'm not your pal, friend.

Mod: Banned.

I always enjoy your posts RHarrow, they're a joy - funny, incisive and educational. Your sense of humour shines through like a beacon. Truly an asset - (that is a small version of an as5, isn't it, asset?? I'm never sure. As in "I seized her asset":confused:.)

Pottler wrote: »
    I always enjoy your posts RHarrow, they're a joy - funny, incisive and educational. Your sense of humour shines through like a beacon. Truly an asset - (that is a small version of an as5, isn't it, asset?? I'm never sure. As in "I seized her asset":confused:.)

He's gone :( Closed his account after getting slapped.

Weak little girl.

mod: banned.
    I'm not your pal, friend.

Mod: Banned.

A Mod tag team in action.... a thing of beauty,joy and rarity in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Brilliant thread started with arson and decended into sniping at each other for paying/not paying the household charge.

I don't own a house so I'm in the clear. anyone with assets like ready cash has to pay it as the government will just take it off you there very little you can do about it. ok you can go to jail for a while and then pay it if you want thats your option.

back on topic anychance its the same crowd that were burning head shops as a way to revelant

sheesh wrote: »
    Brilliant thread started with arson and decended into sniping at each other for paying/not paying the household charge.

I don't own a house so I'm in the clear. anyone with assets like ready cash has to pay it as the government will just take it off you there very little you can do about it. ok you can go to jail for a while and then pay it if you want thats your option.

back on topic anychance its the same crowd that were burning head shops as a way to revelant

Done with some fine Moderatin' too , I might add..

sheesh wrote: »

Read post 40. Mystery solved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I'm not your buddy,pal.

Maybe it will get him something "far away".....like this???:D

Stable door and all that ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement