Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be worried?

Options
  • 07-07-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

I'm off to Australia on Monday but I have no way of proving that I have the sufficient funds to enter.

I have well over €5k in two different accounts - one saver and one current account. But i dont have enough in either to satisfy the criteria. I can transfer funds from one to the other as internet banking wont let me transfer that much money on one day.

If they asked me I could show them my online banking but would this be ok?

Any help much appreciated as Im getting a bit worried here now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

LaHaine wrote: »
    I'm off to Australia on Monday but I have no way of proving that I have the sufficient funds to enter.

I have well over €5k in two different accounts - one saver and one current account. But i dont have enough in either to satisfy the criteria. I can transfer funds from one to the other as internet banking wont let me transfer that much money on one day.

If they asked me I could show them my online banking but would this be ok?

Any help much appreciated as Im getting a bit worried here now.

99 % they won't ask. If they do you can show printed versions of online statement, or even if you have a credit card that will do too.
    I have never heard anyone being asked, it seems more for your sake than theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Cheers! Appreciate the reply. Last minute nerves and what ifs are here!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Having it in two separate accounts is fine if you are asked.

Advertisement