Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod Classic, error 1439?

• 07-07-2012 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this isn't in the right place. :L

Anyone know what to do when you try restore an iPod Classic, but it comes up Error 1439? It's been stuck in disk mode (or something like it), won't restart or restore, I've tried different USB port yokes, iTunes accounts, holding the centre and menu button etc etc...

Someone know what to do or is it just gone? It's less than a year old, and I just feel lost without it. xD

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved to Apple Media Devices from comp & tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Error 143x is normally caused by hard disk issues,

a few suggestions would be make sure its the only thing connected through usb, and not through a usb splitter, that failing head to

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/diagnosticmode/index.shtml

and try running a diagnostic using the 4G+ directions

Failing all this it could be a hard disk failure, if it's only a year old it might be fixable under Apple's warranty so contact them first.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Sorry if this isn't in the right place. :L

Anyone know what to do when you try restore an iPod Classic, but it comes up Error 1439? It's been stuck in disk mode (or something like it), won't restart or restore, I've tried different USB port yokes, iTunes accounts, holding the centre and menu button etc etc...

Someone know what to do or is it just gone? It's less than a year old, and I just feel lost without it. xD

Are you using a Mac or PC? I have resolved this issue a few times with a Mac.

I will dig out the details and post back.

EDIT: To Fix iPod with Mac do the following:

"The fix for this is to format the iPods drive using disk utility in mac os.. You must format as mac os x journaled and write 1s or 0s to the disk and it will allow you restore in iTunes the issue is caused by pulling out the USB rather then ejecting correctly."

Advertisement