Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why? kittens etc

• 07-07-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Two days before seeing the abused dog, I was trading at a market in a village new to me.

I made a wrong turning into a back alley/courtyard and was surrounded by a clan of cats of all ages and young kittens. All alike; black with a tiny wispy dab of white on the chest. There were more than 15 of them, Adults, young adults and a fairly young litter. I saw around six of the latter. Adorable wee things, but clearly the owners did not believe in spaying etc and the inbreeding?

It is the second time in a week I have seen something like this; a whole grown litter of half grown kittens.

Clearly well fed etc; but so many and soon grown and able to breed themselves.

Groups here are making headway with TNR. Hoping they go on educating and teaching and doing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Thank God for the groups doing TNR, I don't know what is the matter with people not neutering animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i struggled to hide my disgust when a co-worker told me he didnt neuter his tom because he wanted the cat to be 'natural' (he even said it in a condescending tone of voice)

i was particularly p****d off as my kitty had just been attacked by a prowling tom and was badly bitten...mate or die this time of year for unneutered toms! the vet visit and meds set me back €60

i dont understand it either...mostly i think its just plain old ignorance and/or thickness

Advertisement