Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackhead problem

• 07-07-2012 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have combination skin. It is quite oily around my t zone and i have loads of blackheads as a result. I have loads on my chin i would guess around forty little ones. I can be quite bad at taking care of my skin. But I have now realised that my skin will continue to deteriorate if i ignore it.
    My skin is very sensitive as well. Some moisturisers will bring me up in a rash such as clinique dramatically different and a soap and glory moisturiser. I've heard dermalogica is very good for problem skin but is very chemicalised? I would prefer something more natural. Is the la roche posay effaclar range a better option for me? I just dont want to be spending a lot of money on a product and find its really not suitable for me?
    I've also gotten the origins face mask which is meant to be good for getting rid of blackheads but i havent noticed much difference? How often do others use this product and how long did it take for you to notice a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I've a similar problem and I've tried many of the Dermalogica products and found them to be very striping and drying. I've heard others experienced the same too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

La Roche Posay definately. I've very sensitive skin and I love their products. I'd only use the Effaclar if you're quite oily as any of those face washes can be very drying. I've got lots of blackheads on my nose and chin and I just use the micellar clenser with cotton pads http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Physiological-cleansers/Micellar-Solution-p654.aspx

I find that I don't really need to use toner with this clenser as it doesn't leave residue. It removes make-up too. Don't be afraid to skip moisturiser on the oiliest parts of your face. Nobody says you have to plaster it on everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

My father (over 65) and my niece (23) swear by Visibly Clear blackhead eliminating daily scrub by Neutrogena. I think it's in Dunnes for about 5 euro or so.

Advertisement