Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pony Show

Options
  • 07-07-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭

'Connemara Pony Show' was on today at Battle of Boyne visitor center. A brilliant day for it with all that sun and clear skies, and there was a great vibe in the air with much loved ponies, horses, dogs, kids, people - everyone making the best of a great day. Plenty of parking etc, and all of course the amazing backdrop of the Battle of Boyne site too.

The funny thing though, I didn't know this was on today. I was driving by Battle of Boyne site and noticed something was on and went into investigate, and was pleasantly surprised. May be it was just me, or may be they didn't advertise it enough or thru the right channels? Also makes me wonder what else am I missing in and around Drogheda?

PS: Hmm, may be we need a 'Drogheda Events' thread...

Comments

Drogheda events thread wouldn't be a bad idea.

Lots of stuff happens without much/any real advertising or promotion. I'm not sure how a lot of people find out about this stuff, to be honest. I'd guess that organisers take up a small line of text somewhere in one of the papers and you have to be lucky enough to see it?

I like the way, in Essential, they have the double page spread at the back with the month ahead laid out and what is happening (fair enough, this usually only really applies to the pubs, which is obviously crap, but the general idea is pretty good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why not just have a LOUTH events sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nobody reads stickies but a Louth events thread would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Louth Events would be very useful. Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Dingatron wrote: »
    Louth Events would be very useful. Good idea.

Yes pls

• Advertisement

Get outta here with your sensible contributions! :mad:

:p

Though it'd be handy to separate Drogheda and Dundalk, if even just with a bold start to your post saying the name of the town you're referring to. Make it a lot easier to flick through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Get outta here with your sensible contributions! :mad:

:p

Though it'd be handy to separate Drogheda and Dundalk, if even just with a bold start to your post saying the name of the town you're referring to. Make it a lot easier to flick through.

Sure isn't it the "Wee County"

I'd travel to Drogheda for a festival just as much as I'd travel to Clogherhead / Carlingford for a festival / event.

:)

Advertisement