Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapish smartphone with decent battery life on Meteor?

Options
  • 07-07-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know of a good smartphone with a decent battery life? I need a cool phone (I have a flip phone. I checked how much it was worth: 1 euro forty) that I can check emails on, go on Facebook etc. on WiFi (for free on WiFi, right?). Can you watch movies on any smartphone? Thanks. :D

Comments

There are a few smartphones for around the €50 - €60 price range but you really get what you pay for. In my opinion the best value phone available at the moment is the Huawei Ascend G300. Only vodafone have it at the moment, but it would be worth buying it as prepay on vodafone and then getting it unlocked. There is a great thread about it here:
    There is some great info on the G300 on that thread on the best way to get the phone cheaper
    in order to get the €20 off, you need to port a number to Vodafone.

Get a free sim from Tesco (or any other SP excl VF) & use the number on that sim as the port number.

When the phone arrives it will come with a VF sim which you can discard or give to someone else.

Get the G300 unlocked via Ebay for about €7-10.

Total cost of phone €110 plus unlocking fee.

If you are using wi-fi all the internet would be free on the phone as you are using your wi-fi's allowance of data. If you want to be sure you can just turn off the mobile data on settings, and therefore the phone can't use your credit to be online.
    Basically you can watch movies on any smartphone, but be careful movie files can be very big. Eg take up a lot of the phones memory and take a lot to download. If your home broadband has download limits, this could cost you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chicken and Cheese

Perfect! Thanks so much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

Samsung Galaxy Mini, If they ever get them back into stock..

Good seller and normally don;t give trouble..

Most smartphones you will end up charging every night...

Advertisement