Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talking to things that aren't human.

• 07-07-2012 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭

Do you do it?

Ten minutes ago I was just about to tuck into a nice hot Pizza (bacon and pineapple) and as I reached for the box I heard myself saying 'C'mere you you cheeky monkey' :confused:

Talking to a pizza? WTF?

Y'all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

How do I know your not an alien, or an AI??? yet here I am talking to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm bad enough talking to myself without hitting on the toaster. I only swear at inanimate objects, the bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I constantly talk to inanimate objects..it makes me seem less demented than talking to myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

I talk to my hair when im having a bad hair day, thats about it tho. YA FREAK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Do you do it?

Ten minutes ago I was just about to tuck into a nice hot Pizza (bacon and pineapple) and as I reached for the box I heard myself saying 'C'mere you you cheeky monkey' :confused:

Talking to a pizza? WTF?

Y'all?

If it answers you back , you're in trouble.. real trouble, ya' hear me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Pineapple on a pizza is wrong, sorry chuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Talking to a pizza? WTF?

Wish I had a pizza to talk to. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

KeithM89 wrote: »

Yeah I usually get a bit of sweetcorn instead but went with pineapple for a change and it was a bit hard so won't be doing it again until the next time I make the same mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I do it to my misses all the time..

mattjack wrote: »
    If it answers you back , you're in trouble.. real trouble, ya' hear me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If I bump into a table or a chair, I always apologize to it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I had a chat with a Barbary Ape yesterday until he got bored and wandered off :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I talk to my cat all the time.
    Fairly sure that's it.
    The tv - sometimes I'd talk to that actually - like "you stupid man, don't do it" and that kind of thing.

Also, pineapple on pizza is imperative.
    It's also nice in club sandwiches :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just after a poo and before I flush I look down into the bowl and say "god speed lil fella".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

I like to gather my kitchen appliances together from time to time for performance evals. Let them know what I expect from them and remind them of the consequences of disappointing me.
    Between you and me, the toaster is not going to like what I have to say on Monday.

...and what about if you clip your head/hand/leg on something and you let out an "OWWWWWWWWWWWW" like you've just had something amputated. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

WILSONNNNNN!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i talk to my cat he thinks im a bit mad but talking to him sometimes helps me poor little fecker..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Do boardsies count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Whenever i watch the news and the presenter says goodbye,i usually say back to them goodbye talk to you later :o

• Advertisement

Kamjana wrote: »
    Whenever i watch the news and the presenter says goodbye,i usually say back to them goodbye talk to you later :o

I do that to the weather person. I say hello to them too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Kamjana wrote: »
    Chucken wrote: »
    I do that to the weather person. I say hello to them too :pac:
    But they would actually be human though wouldn't they be? Or are you watching on RTÉ?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I shushed a self checkout machine in Tesco yesterday, and then hoped nobody had heard me.

But they would actually be human though wouldn't they be? Or are you watching on RTÉ?:P

But they're hardly going to hear me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Technically yeah but your actually talking to the telly :)

Mrs Mattjack and myself were out for a pint without the parasites kids recently , when just as I sat down , I heard a voice say 'howya'... I looked across from where we were sitting , about to say 'howya' back to this 'ol fella when he said 'grand thanks'.

He was talking to his pint, he even winked at the fcukin' thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dr.Zeus

I find myself talking a lot to golf balls but they're fairly thick, tbh, ......they never listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Only when I hurt myself, as in stub my toe on the door etc! like today, I called it a fcuking bitch etc. asshole:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Oh I do it all the time to kitchen appliances and pots and pans and plants and ironing and oh loads of stuff.
    Should I worry ??? :D.
    And I talk to the furry baby of course but she thinks I'm cracked in the head anyway. :D:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SlinkyKittin

The dog, the cats, the car and I shout at my laptop all the time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

dogs cats and once a horse (it was huge!)

fish, my car, the adobe flash player when it crashes - which it does all the time and for no good reason.

My phone not to the people in the phone the phone itself

non working pens, any item just out of reach

my computer , locks

why do you ask?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I'm always chatting to the dog. Sometimes he answers back, other times he just sits there listening away. He's some dude.
    It can get awkward when Im out walking him & I forget myself & start chatting away or commenting on something. In fairness he takes it in his stride, he just rolls with it.
    Kinda difficult to embarrass him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I talk to my dog and cats daily, they always listen.

I'm always chatting to the dog. Sometimes he answers back, other times he just sits there listening away. He's some dude.
    It can get awkward when Im out walking him & I forget myself & start chatting away or commenting on something. In fairness he takes it in his stride, he just rolls with it.

I do this too when I'm out walking with the dog. I point out the cows and the sheep etc.
    Seriously folks sometimes I think I'm losing the plot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Salt001 wrote: »

I do this too when I'm out walking with the dog. I point out the cows and the sheep etc.
    Ah yes the moo moos & the wooly dogs. I do that too.
    I often bring him up to the gate so he can sniff noses with the moo moos. Fcuking hilarious so it is :)

• Advertisement

I often bring him up to the gate so he can sniff noses with the moo moos. Fcuking hilarious so it is :)

You two can move to the front of the queue ...

's'alright folks', nothing to see here , move along'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

It;s called anthropomorphism folks or personification for anyone who sat d'leavin cert...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

All the time... the laundry, the cooker the hoover the stereo the telly.. it's that or engage with the husband and kids... at least the inanimate objects don't demand breakfast dinner and tea and clothes and things. . and i don't get any STUPID answers :rolleyes:
    and they don't steal my make-up and perfume (13yo daughter not husband)

cbyrd wrote: »
    and they don't steal my make-up and perfume (13yo daughter not husband)

Sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

rain on wrote: »
    I shushed a self checkout machine in Tesco yesterday, and then hoped nobody had heard me.
    I do that as well, same with the B&q self service yoke - I catch myself telling it to feck off out loud - or feck you and your unexpected item. This may be interpreted as madness, but i'm convinced there's a female dwarf from milton keynes hidden in the box with a voice changer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

KeithM89 wrote: »

Used to believe that. How wrong I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Pottler wrote: »
    I do that as well, same with the B&q self service yoke - I catch myself telling it to feck off out loud - or feck you and your unexpected item. This may be interpreted as madness, but i'm convinced there's a female dwarf from milton keynes hidden in the box with a voice changer.

I do that in tesco. . . i don't use to them anymore. . . they're too demanding..

We call the moo-moos the big dogs in our house, as in " can you see the big dogs over there? " :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

cbyrd wrote: »
    I do that in tesco. . . i don't use to them anymore. . . they're too demanding..
    they Tesco voice is quite sexy though, I reckon for that one they recruited a load of petite women with severe hairstyles wearing tight turtlenecks - strict but foxy.

We call the moo-moos the big dogs in our house, as in " can you see the big dogs over there? " :D

/Backs away slowly from thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Animals all the time, lesser extent electronics when they're less then cooperative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

All Fine Gael and Labour front bench ministers..........

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭veronymus

Talk to my car when it won't start, which is most days lately. Starts off "please, please, please" then "c'mon, c'mon, you fecker" followed by "yeeees, thank you, you beauty"

veronymus wrote: »
    Talk to my car when it won't start, which is most days lately. Starts off "please, please, please" then "c'mon, c'mon, you fecker" followed by "yeeees, thank you, you beauty"

Men do that all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

All the time -to my dogs....I call myself 'mammy'..eg 'what's mammy got for my wee babies???'

Or sometimes I say stuff like...'where's the cat?!!!' or 'Where's the busy bee?!!'(when I hear a fly:o):)

I love my wee puddings:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement