Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talking to things that aren't human.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Talking to the dogs is normal..isnt it? :o

We have a very spoilt cat and he sulks when my hubby goes out the door.
    I'll pick him up and start " Wheres daddy gone..wheres he gone. aw look hes outside, he'll be back to his little baby soon " :o Oh gawd, Im not well really!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

I once said thank you to an A.T.M. when it gave me my money. I know the people behind me heard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

I've lost the head with a few inanimate objects many a time.

Things just always seem to fall and go missing when you're in a hurry, bastards!

Which reminds me:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

WILSON!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

People talk to me all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Last week I saw an oul wan apologising to a parking ticket machine..

I presume she has never seen Terminator 2, nor is she aware of the serious cybernetic revolt potential if humans start to show deference towards their machines. I felt like shouting THAT'S HOW IT ALL STARTED at her but instead I scanned my ticket before my 15 minutes was up and got out of there without paying for parking. Like a boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

If I bump off the car I apolagise..... Sometimes when I lock it into the garage at night I pat it goodnight.

I often say thank you to ATMs, once they've dispensed my money. I figure that eventually when robots take over the world, they'll remember how polite I was and spare me.

At 6 seconds into that Basil Fawlty clip, does he shout "c*nt!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Putting out the bins there in there rain trying not to get wet and the bag ripped and so I called it a: "fcuking bastrad **** of all fcuking whores" and then noticed that there was people walking up the road and so put my hand up to my ear and cupped it and proceeded to act as if I was not crazy, but in fact talking in the rain on a cellular phone with one hand and carrying a ripped bin bag in the other.

I think I got away with it :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I often say thank you to ATMs, once they've dispensed my money. I figure that eventually when robots take over the world, they'll remember how polite I was and spare me.

Likewise. Thank the ATM machine for giving me money. As you say, we'll be remembered and may be given positions of authority when they take over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I've thumped things at times, sure who doesn't give the car a good thrashing like Basil did?

Talk to the dog and the cats who assemble for milk and ham. I wish they were wolves, foxes and Siberian Tigers and remind them of their inadequacies. Just like AH really.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I chastise my mirror over whether or not he was directing a comment at me.

Advertisement