Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ

Options
  • 07-07-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Im looking to book a BBQ or similar for a work function around galway for around 30 people. does anyone have any idea of a suitable venue ??
    for a Wednesday / Thursday night. Prefereably city center

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭ratracer

I was at similar size one in Crowes in Bohermore last year. The food was great, DJ was a laugh. O'Connells in Eyre Sq is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I've tried o'cponnels earlier but they are booked out,
    not sure about Bohrmore, used to live down there and never found any of the pubs to my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Do you not have a back garden? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

no and I dont have a BBq either & honestly coudent be a***d even if i did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Notch000 wrote: »
    not sure about Bohrmore, used to live down there and never found any of the pubs to my liking

I've been to Crowe's 3 times for a company bbq. Of all the other places we've tried I still think it's the best. Not much atmosphere in the pub except yourselves. You get to dominate the entire back garden which is a nice setting if the day is dry. Staff are very professional and attentive as if they appreciate your business. Food is good too and there's plenty to go around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It's not city centre, but I've been at weddings in the Westwood where they've done BBQ. If you're stuck you could try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Thar ardalaun, althought somewhat put of the city centre, have a new BBQ area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Oslo will do it for you and not too far from town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

newkie wrote: »
    I've been to Crowe's 3 times for a company bbq. Of all the other places we've tried I still think it's the best. Not much atmosphere in the pub except yourselves. You get to dominate the entire back garden which is a nice setting if the day is dry. Staff are very professional and attentive as if they appreciate your business. Food is good too and there's plenty to go around.

Seconded for Crowes. Been in a few different spots including the Radisson and Kelehans of Bushypark over the years, always found Crowes the best, great food,value and very good staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ficheall wrote: »
    Do you not have a back garden? :confused:

... and of course you wouldn't mind 30 work colleagues in your house :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 christg

Massimo's cooks a fine looking pig out back - I'm pretty sure you could book it for a private party.

Advertisement