Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fas course in Cork.

• 07-07-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am 18 and finished school last year. I have not been able to find a job and I've applied to everywhere possible but still no luck, I am receiving JSA and I live with my Dad so currently I receive E80pw which isnt alot and I'm sick of doing nothing.
    I just got told that I am on a waiting list for a course I had applied for so I'm looking to do something new now that will help me get a good job in IT...I found a course on the fas website ( http://goo.gl/D3THw) which looms great to me, my problem is the location, hence my thread.
    If I register and apply for the course what soet of money will I receive? Will i get any help with rent? Would it be best to find a shared place or rent?
    I have no friends in Cork who could
    Has anybody done this before?
    I am calling into the fas office in galway next week but Id like to know asap so I dont make a fool of myself.
    @mods sorry if this thread is in the wrong place!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

You'd get €188 + €69.90 for rent
    Sharing/renting on your own doesn't matter, actually I wasn't even asked for proof that i was renting, just and address.
    Just so you know (although I doubt it matters to you because your planning on going straight from the course to work i think?) that course is a traineeship and after a traineeship you're not allowed back into Fás for 2 years after it. That's what we were told while in Fás anyways. Just so that you know though, incase there was another course that you were looking to do after that one.

Also, Fás is paid a week in hand so you won't get paid until the end of your 2nd week in there, so you'll have to think about putting a bit of money away to get you through those 2 weeks and a deposit on a house.

G'luck with the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

stacexD wrote: »
    You'd get €188 + €69.90 for rent
    Sharing/renting on your own doesn't matter, actually I wasn't even asked for proof that i was renting, just and address.
    Just so you know (although I doubt it matters to you because your planning on going straight from the course to work i think?) that course is a traineeship and after a traineeship you're not allowed back into Fás for 2 years after it. That's what we were told while in Fás anyways. Just so that you know though, incase there was another course that you were looking to do after that one.
    Hi! That sounds great, it's what I thought but I just wanted to confirm, hopefully this course is enough to get me a good job but of I am not allowed to join again for 2years and it doesnt get me anywhere I may consider something different like java programming so I have it for my cv. Thats a great help, thank you very much. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Hi! That sounds great, it's what I thought but I just wanted to confirm, hopefully this course is enough to get me a good job but of I am not allowed to join again for 2years and it doesnt get me anywhere I may consider something different like java programming so I have it for my cv. Thats a great help, thank you very much. :)
    No bother!
    Just saying that on the off chance that there is something else that you're really interested in. When you're down there ask about how many people are on the waiting list because if there are a lot waiting then you could always do something while waiting for that course before you're ... ya know.. banned :rolleyes: from Fás
    I'm sure you'll do well on that course though. A lot of the instructors on those sort of courses have good contacts who they're constantly sending their students on to so hopefully something good will come from it for ya!

Oh and if you're on jsa for 12 months you'll get an extra €20 a week too..

Advertisement