Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom internet constantly disconnects!

Options
  • 07-07-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

So I've noticed lately that my Eircom internet is disconnecting ALOT, it can barely last 20 minutes. It's so annoying, especially if I'm playing something which requires a reliable connection. I've noticed the speed of my broadband has also dropped. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Shane15 wrote: »
    So I've noticed lately that my Eircom internet is disconnecting ALOT, it can barely last 20 minutes. It's so annoying, especially if I'm playing something which requires a reliable connection. I've noticed the speed of my broadband has also dropped. Any help would be appreciated!

are you using wireless if so have you tried wired?
    are you doing anything else internet wise when you run the tests?

a lot of standard routers are not much cop have you tried another?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Using wireless on xbox and it dc's randomly every few hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

It's now past midnight and I'm having no problems, good speed and no disconnecting.

I am using wireless and I can't use wired.

When I'm doing the tests I'm not doing anything else, and is there a way I can get another router? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

It's now past midnight and I'm having no problems, good speed and no disconnecting.

When I'm doing the tests I'm not doing anything else, and is there a way I can get another router? Thanks.

Are you in a built up area / housing estate?

Reason for the question is your router could be on the same channel as your neighbours

Try changing the channel to see as it may be interference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Lamposts wrote: »
    Using wireless on xbox and it dc's randomly every few hours..

Hi Lamposts,

As above, see if you are experiencing a local wireless connection issue first, before you try to troubleshoot your games console connection.

The following quick Broadband Check, using a wired connection, will help you confirm this. If possible, disable your wireless while testing your broadband connection over an Ethernet (yellow cable) connection.

Broadband Checklist

If your broadband is stable over over a wired connection, the following Support websites on our Forum may be helpful with wireless and setting up your xBox games console.

Improve your Wireless Setup

Games Console Setup Help

The most important requirement for most Games Consoles is that the Firewall on the router is lowered. This normally allows your games console to communicate with the game console server and other gamers.

Let me know if this has helped.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Shanke15m

Thanks for posting on our Boards Forum.

Take a look at post above and the quick broadband and wireless checks first.

If you need further help, PM your phone number so I can check if this is a local wireless signal issue or intermittent broadband connection on the eircom servers.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement