Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raining and no umbrella what do you do?

• 07-07-2012 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Do you just keep walking until it stops not bothered about getting wet or maybe ask a passer by if you could stand under their umbrella ella? I generally just stand in somewhere until it stops.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Run for cover!!

Or get the raincoat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ask if you can stand under someone elses? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

I think it would be weird to ask a stranger if you could stand under their umbrella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Seriously? Do people actually ever ask a stranger can they share their umbrella??!

Eh.... I guess I'd either stand under something, or keep going.
    Not really much else to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Out walking the dog or jogging I keep going. I'll be hopping into the shower when I get back anyway.
    Otherwise I'd just stand in somewhere until it eases off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Put the head down and power walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I find a wide flat person and hoist them over my head until I reach my destination. They usually complain that my grip tickles them but sure what other use is there for wide, flat people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I normally sing and dance in the rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I scream at the sky, challenging the Norse God of thunder - Thor to do battle with me.
    He hadn't stepped up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just keep going. If ya stopped every time it rained you'd be hours getting anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Never use an umbrella...i just walk on by.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just get wet, bitches be loving getting wet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I always have an umbrella. In the rain I sell it to the highest bidder then buy another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Just keep walking, don't bother with the hood 'cause I'm not an uncouth youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Do you just keep walking until it stops not bothered about getting wet or maybe ask a passer by if you could stand under their umbrella ella? I generally just stand in somewhere until it stops.

Depends where I am: If out jogging/walking and I don't have my hat then I just keep going regardless;

jeez, depends. If I've time on my hands I would browse around a shop; or stand under a sheltered archway etc and wait it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I stand in doorways waiting for it to stop, and watch that strange breed of person walking through it and holding a small envelope above their head. I have my doubts as to the effectiveness of that method of trying to keep dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I wouldn't carry an umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh. I've got short cropped hair so don't really give a **** about it getting wet tbh.

Edit:

Went out for a cycle on me new bike yesterday and got absolutely drenched on the way back but didn't really mind because I was looking forward to the warm shower and soft, dry, clothes at home.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I just bought a T-shirt that says: "I'm high voltage. Don't touch me if you're wet.":D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Bit of water wont kill ya, though with the weather lately I have been considering a boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I remember in the 80s an aul lad around where I used to live, sometimes used a white Dunnes Stores or Superquinn plastic bag as a rain hood, he also sometimes had one tied over his bike saddle as well, lest he look completely crazy. This look should deffo come back into fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i use whatever i got pull up the back of my coat(even when its hoodless)and pull it over my head for cover,or take it off altogether and put it over my head in a tent like fashion..
    other occasions ive put magazines over my head,my bag,anything that comes to hand,if its a down poar and im really stuck i would run into the nearest pound shop(if im in the city)and buy an umbrella for 1.49 in dealz or in eurozone for 2E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Lollers wrote: »
    I remember in the 80s an aul lad around where I used to live, sometimes used a white Dunnes Stores or Superquinn plastic bag as a rain hood, he also sometimes had one tied over his bike saddle as well, lest he look completely crazy. This look should deffo come back into fashion.

That's how all those kinky sex games start.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

maybe he was a rubberbandit or something did he sing the horse outside tune or have a shell suit tracksuit on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I take my woolly hat out of my jacket pocket and plank it on my bald head. Umbrellas are anti-social and should be subject to road tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Depends on where I'm going and how heavy it is. If it looks like a quick shower I'll take shelter. If I'm on the way home I'll keep going.

More often then not I'll have an umbrella so not usually a problem. I'm open to sharing it if I'm at a bus stop (especially if she's hot!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

A stranger asked to share our umbrella during a shower while we were horse racing once. While we were talking he gave us a tip for a horse. We put a few quid on it and it won, covering our costs for the day. It's good to talk. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I live in the West of Ireland. We have to plan for when theres no rain. Usually involves removing one or two layers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Depends on how bad it is, how likely I think it to get better soon, and how badly I have to get going. Anyone else find this a fairly washed up thread?

Advertisement