Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop really slow, not sure why

Options
  • 07-07-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi guys not sure if this is the correct section for help. but i bought a samsung laptop yesterday in PC world for 629. its has 8gb ram a i5 2450 processor and a good gpu. nice machine plays games good. but the problem i am having is that the net connection drops on it randomly and is really slow for opening up new google windows. comparing this to another laptop i have here. i have a 14mb speed broadband connection. and i tried it on a different broadband earlier that is only 3mb and it was running smoother. i have a zyxel router from eircom and my laptop is a samsung. any help id really appreciate thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Not really sure what could be going on there. That should be fairly fast. I'd blame bloatware (unnecessary software) on slowdowns but it doesn't seem to be the case here. Is the internet itself slow or just opening the browser window?

You could renew your IP address with the router in the hope that it's not conflicting with another.

Go to the start menu and type in cmd
    Press enter
    Type ipconfig /release
    Enter
    Type ipconfig /renew
    Enter

Try a different browser to make sure it's nothing to do with that.
    www.opera.com
    www.firefox.com

Advertisement