Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT - DOG HIT BY CAR AT LUCAN. NEED HELP FINDING HIS OWNERS.

• 07-07-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

My friend witnessed a dog being hit by a car this evening near the Texaco garage at Lucan on the N4. He's a black lab collie cross. Approx 2/3 years old. They are urgently looking to make contact with his owner. He isn't microchipped. A few people stopped at the scene to help so a massive thanks to them. The dog is being cared for at the moment but we urgently need help contacting his owner. Please call <snip>

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Did you ring a local vet,they might recognise the dog,as owners frequent vets with their dogs,another thing you might do is take a picture of him and put it up online on missing dog sites (i dont know if there are any in ireland)maybe try facebook or gumtree or done deal..i rememeber crossing one of those sites and seeing adverts for missing dogs..try a few places online too,and put photocopys of the pic around the place..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sive1281

As it happened late this evening, none of the vets in Lucan were available, so we'll be in contact with them first thing on Monday. The Gardai in Ronanstown and Lucan have the information also and we've uploaded pics on pets.ie and FB and twitter. Just trying to get the word out as quick as possible.

There was no damage to the car that hit the dog. One passer by stopped and handed my friend €30 to help with the vets bill.

:pac:REUNITED, Owners rang the garda station to report the dog missing and they passed on my friends info. Fingers crossed 'Sammy' makes a good recovery:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

That's great news. Fingers crossed he recovers :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement