Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working 7 days a week ?

Options
  • 07-07-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm about to get my dream job but it's gonna take a little bit of time before I actually start performing the role (It's already arranged but I wont go into it). This dream job will entail hard work, at least 6 days a week very very long hours, but worth it (Again I wont go into it)

Before starting I have been given an interim job with the same Company, It's a good job and I like it. Will probably be doing this for the next few Months at least BUT it's pretty much 7 days a week, very long hours and involves driving early every morning/

My life doesn't revolve around going out on the weekend but it's already gotten to me that I can't as I would obv be over the limit to drive the following morning. I literally can't make any plans for a night out and after working long hard hours all week think I deserve a day off.

Does anyone know how I should approach this?

Said Company are awesome so i don't wanna put my foot in it and will happily see out the coming period (with no life) if it means getting the job.

I'm just mega stressed and tonight for example sitting in while my mates etc are out on the town.

Appreciate any info, advice or opinions

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

BTW I've thought about going out and not drinking already (Im not an alco, I just like a few pints liek everyone else on the weekend)...and actually last night I had one glass of wine, went to bed at 12.30 and was shattered all day today so it's not even solely to do with not being able to drink. The fact that I'm becoming burnt out so quickly by the long hours is the reality.

ps. They could easily replace me, i need to be careful and thread lightly.

Thanks

Advertisement