Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Options
  • 07-07-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I know I'm going to be out here on my own for a while but I'm soooo excited that I can't help starting the thread.

I was at docs on Thursday and I am just give weeks now. Doc gave me the '20-25% of women miscarry in the first trimester' speech' but I'm trying to ignore that and just stay positive. I'm dud around the 9th march.

So far feeling good, just a bit bloated and definitely much hungrier.

Hurry on boardsies and join me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

While those stats are correct there's still a 75% chance that everything will be absolutely fine so keep focused on that. When I had a miscarriage I was told I was just unlucky simple as that and there's nothing to suggest you'll be unlucky too.

There's a risk with everything in life but we have to keep positive! I'm due just under 2 weeks before you so going back to the February thread! Best of luck with everything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Congratulations :). I bet there will be many more joining this thread soon!

The doctor said the same to me.. I'm now 21wks!!

I wish you the best on your pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Gave up trying to fax my registration form to the coombe so I hand delivered it this afternoon :) They told me that they will definitely do a dating scan at 12weeks.:) Only 6.5 weeks to go....feels like an eternity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Oh those weeks before the 12 wk scan do drag, it's such a pain. It's a brilliant scan as it does look like a proper teeny tiny person. I'd love to be doing it again.. well better get this baby out first haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

the 1st 12 weeks went so slow for me i couldnt wait to see baby just for reasurance, i eneded up having a scan at 9.5 weeks due to a bleed but the difference in the baby from 9.5 and 12.5 weeks was amazing :) and im due my little lady in just under 4 weeks now :)

your scan date will come along soon, just relax and take it easy over the next few weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 whoo

Totally new to all of this, found out I am pregnant and am really anxious. Really can't wait to get to the 12 weeks and then can HOPEFULLY relax! Don't feel any different whatsovever and even took a 2nd test yday to confirm that I am still pregnant! Wish I felt something but hey please God will in time......anyone else feel this way?

whoo wrote: »
    Totally new to all of this, found out I am pregnant and am really anxious. Really can't wait to get to the 12 weeks and then can HOPEFULLY relax! Don't feel any different whatsovever and even took a 2nd test yday to confirm that I am still pregnant! Wish I felt something but hey please God will in time......anyone else feel this way?

Hey hey another march mum! Congrats woo, when do you think you are you due?

Haven't got definite date but looking at middle of March, going by LMP....don't feel any different, when you due?:D

whoo wrote: »
    Haven't got definite date but looking at middle of March, going by LMP....don't feel any different, when you due?:D

I think around march 10th. I go through periods of being wrecked and whilst I have no nausea yet, there are moments when I just feel off! I just want to magic away the next 6 weeks and get to the 12wk mark!

I know wishing our lives away........sure not to worry we only have 30 odd something weeks to go!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Found ut im pregnant yesterday after a year and a half of trying !!!!! cant wait for scan.. due 3rd of march :) congrats to other future mummies :)

Ah congrants annettea. We were the exact same. Im due around march 9th. Going for an early scan at 9weeks...cant wait for it!!

On a different note, I dropped my registration form into the coombe last Monday and still havent heard anything. Im guessing thats probably the norm though, is it?

your so lucky too see baby early :) i couldnt get an early scan even though i had a miscarriage before.. but sure it'll be worth the way :) congrats to you :) ermm.. does your doctor not do all that for you? xx

annettea wrote: »
    your so lucky too see baby early :) i couldnt get an early scan even though i had a miscarriage before.. but sure it'll be worth the way :) congrats to you :) ermm.. does your doctor not do all that for you? xx

The early scan is private so no luck involved, just my plastic friend ;)

In relation to registering to antenatal care, you have to fill in your own form for the coombe and they are a disaster to get in contact with!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

I'm in too! EDD 10th March.... Over the moon. First pregnancy, first try. In the processs of picking a hospital and consultant. Think private. Really going to try to resist the temptation of an early scan as we're not mad on excessive scanning and sound waves.... Not hippy dippy or anything!

Congrats to everyone on the great news and happy healthy pregnancies to us all

wicklori wrote: »
    I'm in too! EDD 10th March.... Over the moon. First pregnancy, first try. In the processs of picking a hospital and consultant. Think private. Really going to try to resist the temptation of an early scan as we're not mad on excessive scanning and sound waves.... Not hippy dippy or anything!

Congrats to everyone on the great news and happy healthy pregnancies to us all

Congrats wicklori. I wanted to resist the temptation of an early scan but I think if something is wrong I'd rather know early before the attachment keeps growing.
    Im due 9th or 10th March I think so pretty similar. How are you feeling now? I feel a bit nauseaus at times during the day. Felt a bit off this morning when leaving for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Hi guys! over from the Feb thread (25th of Feb is my date)

RE the Coombe: I faxed mine from Zurich and had heard nothing 'within 5 business days' so rang the number on the main page at the bottom and asked for patient services. Most of the time you get the answering machine and leave your name and number and she is great. 3 times I have done this and 3 times she rang back within 2 hours.

She confirmed I had been registered and my dates also. I had a letter in the post the next day.

I compare this to Holles street - my doctor had to register me and I requested a specifc consultant - they sent me one letter giving me the wrong consultant and also with a date on it for when I am 18 weeks for a dating scan!!!!!

I applied to both hospitals as I couldnt decide and thought I would get a feel for which one was giving me the better impression. Also I dont want to tell my parents until after 10 weeks and wanted my mums advice on which hospital. Ill just cancel whichever one I dont want.

I have also booked a private scan. Its at 10 weeks and thought it would be a lovely thing to do first baby etc.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Congrats wicklori. I wanted to resist the temptation of an early scan but I think if something is wrong I'd rather know early before the attachment keeps growing.
    Im due 9th or 10th March I think so pretty similar. How are you feeling now? I feel a bit nauseaus at times during the day. Felt a bit off this morning when leaving for work.

Bit similar as regards symptoms! Nauseous yesterday and today but touch wood no vomiting!! Peeing all the time of course- although last night was the first night I actually had to get up.

Can't get any response back from the consultant I would like so dunno what to do with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey ladies, I'm in too!!!! Nearly 2 years of trying and then it happened just magically. So excited!
    We did not tell anyone yet, not even our parents, will wait until after the scan, I can just imagine my mum being over the moon, she was dreaming of grandchildren. Ooooh exciting days!

Lilbe wrote: »
    Hey ladies, I'm in too!!!! Nearly 2 years of trying and then it happened just magically. So excited!
    We did not tell anyone yet, not even our parents, will wait until after the scan, I can just imagine my mum being over the moon, she was dreaming of grandchildren. Ooooh exciting days!

Congrats Lilbe !!!!! I say your dying tp tell people :) xx

• Advertisement

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and following v bad backache earlier this week followed by a complete lack of symptoms, I am a little worried so have booked an early scan tomorrow. Am v nervous but just need to know everything's ok.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and following v bad backache earlier this week followed by a complete lack of symptoms, I am a little worried so have booked an early scan tomorrow. Am v nervous but just need to know everything's ok.

best of luck today yellow hen, hope all goes well x

Hope everything is ok yellowhen....

Everything was fine, thanks. Heart was beating away and the yolk sack was visible and the sonographer said it looked v healthy. I feel so relieved and I think we can now tell one or two people which might make it all a little more real. :)

Thats brillinat news yellow hen, congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Im in too. My edd is now March 23rd. I had an early scan yesterday. Based on my lmp i was 7 weeks today but im only measuring 5wks 6 days today. Arranged the scan for piece of mind that the sac was in the right place due to fact i suffer from endometriosis. As i was having lots of pain on my left side, turns out i've a cyst on my left ovary which can occur with pregnancy. Sac is in the right place and sonographer even seen the yolk sac which she was very happy with. Shes bringing me back in two weeks to ensure there is a heartbeat with no charge.. It has really given both myself and fiance piece of mind and are now looking forward to scan at 8 weeks.

I am going to register with Coombe as ive been outpatient with them for 14years but i cant decide whether to go public or semi private. I would love to be under my gyne for the pregnancy as ive been attending her for so long with endometriosis and i was only with her 5weeks ago and she was telling me how much she'd love to see me pregnant. I cant get an appt with her untill oct 1st and i think she only treats public now so thats the main reason i am considering public.

Has anyone any experience of public and semi private?

So we had first consultant appt yesterday. She did a scan-which we were very lukewarm about as we only want crucial scans- not a microwaved baby! But the temptation was too great! Saw the little flicker of heartbeat which she says is strong. Right size for our dates too-1.5cm so happy!
    Liked the consultant so happy with our choice. She's young-well our age but has loads of experience and sounds like she'll give it to us straight.
    A good day!

Yellow Hen, great news! :)

Thanks, we told my parents at the weekend and they were unexpectedly emotional about it! Although I havent talked to them about it, they had obviously realised that we had been trying. Going to inlaws for dinner on thursday night so we'll tell them then too. First grandchild for them so Im expecting tears there!

Still not sick, definitely have ropey moments but nothing more. I am just exhausted today though...wish I could fall asleep on the desk!!!

• Advertisement

Ladies, anyone had problems with clothes yet? I'm going to an engagement party this weekend and realised yesterday that I literally have nothing to wear! My boobs have increased by one cup size, and I got a special pregnancy bra in M&S for additional support. This bra is very comfy, but you can't really wear any tops/dresses with straps or low-cut, as the bra will show. And in addition some of my dresses were initially tight around the breast area, and now I won't fit in them with my new boobs.
    So yesterday went to Grafton street to get something dressy that has sleeves and which is not too tight, so that I could wear it later in my pregnancy. It was nearly an impossible task! All the dresses are waist-fitted, and if a top looks dressy, it has straps.
    In the end got a top in Dunnes, it's quiet loose and has sleeves.

Advertisement