Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

I just find it very difficult with the names, as every time I start liking a name it pops up in top 10 popular names... Guess I think the same as millions of other people! Just recently started to like one of the girls names and then found out 2 of my friends called their daughers that name. Boooo! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hello ladies!! Nearly 20 weeks now which is scary-how quickly the time passses! Great to be feeling good though!
    Birthday was lovely, if low-key! And then wedding anniversary-for which Husband has organised Christmas trip to NYC!!!!!! I Can't wait!! He has never been and just think it will be great!
    The whole names thing is a bit of a mine field-we have one or two, but I'm not sure! OH isn't Irish and he is very concerned when we move how people will pronounce all my favourite Irish names... :-(
    In the bedroom- I think we will all need to be a bit inventive ;-) I'll be interested to hear if the Pilates is of any help!!
    Thank you all for your kind wishes and helpful comments-made me feel better girls....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Wicklori - happy belated birthday glad you had a nice one :) lucky you going to NYC what a lovely surprise.

We had two names picked before i even got pregnant and we've stuck with those so far. But we will see, i defo think we'll stick with the boys name.

Ive been feeling really sensitive lately, if someone says boo to me i'll burst to tears. My body is also very sensitive, it hurts when the OH rubs my legs anyway hard even tho he's barely touching me feels like a deep tissue with lots of knots. He barely touched me yesterday and it really hurt and i said ive told you like 10 times im very sensitive and he was like grand i know you've told me no need to keep saying it and i just burst into tears.

My mother care maternity trousers fit me now. They're very comfy and keep the belly nice and warm. Will defo be buying more of the maternity wear with the belly bands!

elly123 wrote: »
    Wicklori - happy belated birthday glad you had a nice one :) lucky you going to NYC what a lovely surprise.

We had two names picked before i even got pregnant and we've stuck with those so far. But we will see, i defo think we'll stick with the boys name.

Ive been feeling really sensitive lately, if someone says boo to me i'll burst to tears. My body is also very sensitive, it hurts when the OH rubs my legs anyway hard even tho he's barely touching me feels like a deep tissue with lots of knots. He barely touched me yesterday and it really hurt and i said ive told you like 10 times im very sensitive and he was like grand i know you've told me no need to keep saying it and i just burst into tears.

My mother care maternity trousers fit me now. They're very comfy and keep the belly nice and warm. Will defo be buying more of the maternity wear with the belly bands!

Aw poor thing.... Bloody hormones. They are just no fun. All of this is temporary, next week could be great and no such feelings! Try and stay positive.
    ISn't it great that you are fitting into your trousers! That in-between stage is no fun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

wicklori wrote: »
    Hello ladies!! Nearly 20 weeks now which is scary-how quickly the time passses! Great to be feeling good though!
    Birthday was lovely, if low-key! And then wedding anniversary-for which Husband has organised Christmas trip to NYC!!!!!! I Can't wait!! He has never been and just think it will be great!
    The whole names thing is a bit of a mine field-we have one or two, but I'm not sure! OH isn't Irish and he is very concerned when we move how people will pronounce all my favourite Irish names... :-(
    In the bedroom- I think we will all need to be a bit inventive ;-) I'll be interested to hear if the Pilates is of any help!!
    Thank you all for your kind wishes and helpful comments-made me feel better girls....

Are you me? I had my bday and wedding anniversary whilst away too! Sounds like a v thoughtful husband you have there. :) You'll just be around the start if the third trimester going will you? Make sure you get good flight socks, my legs swelled up loads on the way home.

Elly, I was a bit over sensitive for a while, it sort of passed but I'm still a bit unpredictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hiya everyone how are you??
    baby names- OH woke up the other day and first thing he said to me was "how about ____ if its a girl" it sounds like everyone is thinking of names :) can I ask ye a question does all your OH's know how many weeks you are? or know the exact day your due.. like our friends were up at the weekend and they're after a baby and the friend was like oh how many weeks is annette? and my OH was like oh she's due in march.. he didnt know and I dont mind that he didnt know cos its not like his not thinking about baby.. but just wondering about yer OH's..
    also we were thinking when to tell my boss im pregnant cos they were saying they will be giving me full time employment if i take it after christmas!!! So I think I've to tell them soon and was wondering when is the time frame to tell them? I think its before 20 weeks and OH was like oh you've plenty of time how far u now 14 weeks? and I was like no ahm im 17 weeks and he got a shock and he was likke we have to start getting ready soon haha :):) time is going really fast.
    emotions/ hormones- Elly I know what you mean with the emotions. Oh caught me upstairs crying while our friends were over!! I was just upstairs crying!! Isaid it to the girl who had the baby about the hormones and she was like when she was pregnant she spent a whole day crying for no reason and her OH didnt know what to do, came up made her tea and she just couldnt stop crying haha.. So its normal :) and a good cry is always good for you, be worse if you try to keep it in :) how you feeling now with your body being sensitive?
    yellow hen- congrats on the 20 weeks :) your baby is now the size of a banana :):) have u been feeling any kicks?
    wicklori- can I have your husband? i wouldnt mind going on holidays :) and are ye moving when baby comes?
    im going into the docs today for a check up anyway :) have ye all gone to your doctor? and does he check for a heartbeat?
    girls i do not know how you do it work a full days work than come home and not die.. yesterday I was working the 9 hours , I came home could not cook or clean just basically died on the couch , I was in soo much pain , my legs, my back andI ws asleep by at least 8.30 .. how do ye do it?i sorry for keep going on and on..
    cant wait to hear from ye.. :) xx

I think my OH knows how many weeks, well at least he should i say it all the time :) but it wouldn't bother me if he didn't, that's just men for ya :) Its his Bday today and i wish i was still at home snuggled up with him. He's still out of work with the glandular fever!
    im still very emotional, i wasnt feeling well when i got up yesterday morning and then after breakfast a cup of tea i was sick in work. so i was feeling sh*tty for most of the day. My boss always knows when there is something up with me, he asked me this morning what was wrong with me yesterday and i could feel myself welling up just saying id been sick and that i wasn't feeling 100% ive one or two blisters in my mouth and im constantly cold think i might be getting a bit of a cold, or im a bit run down. Think i will make a trip to the doc this week to try nip whatever it is im getting in the bud! My immune system is fubarred and i usually catch whatever is going!! I hate feeling like this!!

Hey girls, I think my OH knows about pregnancy more than I do. He is very responsible in relation to it - reads books about pregnancy and goes with me to every doctor appointment :)
    Elly I hope you won't get a cold! I get these colds all the time as well. Yesterday ordered a nice warm jacket online, and I eat so many fruit, should be getting a lot of vitamins from them, so hopefully that will keep the colds away!

Girls I find it really hard to do my reply right!!!!! All of you make realy good points, and I want to get everything in but then I forget something! Anyway... here goes!
    yellow hen-snap, snap snap!!! Fellow Libran or Virgoan? Any suggestions for maternity/baby stuff over there? Definitely will keep the flight socks in mind.....
    My husband-well yes I am fairly lucky ;-) He doesn't ALWAYS get it right-but when he does-he really does! He'd be fairly accurate about the due date, but that's more his personality than anything-he's a planner... A few people have told me to be vague with people about due date because according to them people remember the date and then can have you a bit haunted around that date asking for updates? So maybe Annette your OH might have the right idea! I also think that these middle few weeks are going REALLY quickly? And they kinda do melt into one?
    HORMONES-Anyone hear John Murray this morning-couldn't tell you what Cecilia Ahearn said that had me in tears this morning-it wasn't THAT momentous, but there were tears-while I was driving!!!!
    Yeah-the whole moving house thing..... Dunno what direction that's going in! Will update ye when I know but we would like to buy-before the end of the year....
    Annette-the long days are a killer! 3 days a week I work a 10 hour day and commute 2 hours each way. And yes at the end of those days, very little happens in our house!!!!!
    Poor Elly! Come on girl-positivity!!! You are NOT going to get sick! Take your prenatal vits and eat an orange. Everything is going to be ok. Head up Mammy-to-be!!
    Lilbe-if you don't mind me asking where did you order the jacket from? I am thinking I might absolutely NEED one!!! ;-)

Hey Wicklori, I checked some real shops at the weekend, but the only ones which had warm jackets were Mothercare (sizes S or XL) or H&M (size L). Size S was hard to fasten even now with a relatively modest belly, and size XL looked like I stole a coat from OH. So went online and Asos and New Look both have warm jackets. Asos is a bit more expensive, so I ordered from New Look (and it's not black, wahoo!). Not very cheap either, but better be warm, right? I just hope now that the size will be right!
    I think there is definetely a lack of proper maternity shops! At weekend went through several shops with a friend, and she was surprised how little choice there is - these few shops that do maternity only have one or two racks of clothes. And most of them are short sleeved dresses and T-shirts (hello, we are coming into winter!) and also most of them are either black or stripy. It's like a uniform. Argh, I wish Penneys had a maternity section - cheap and cheerful! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks wicklori - im generally very positive, i was due to sit an exam in January that i only got confirmation that i could sit it last week which was 4 weeks after i requested to sit it and there has been one seminar already on it and i've lost about 3 weeks to get the first assignment done which is due the end of the month. I am a big stress ball when it comes to my exams so ive decided its best for me and the baby that I don't sit the exam while pregnant, i hadn't told my boss and it was hanging over me so i was feeling crap. But i told him and he completely agreed so i feel better now! Im in the middle of a degree but thankfully i can do the exams at a later date! Now the other thing that is also hanging over me, i hate asking for time off work even though i have 11 days holidays left to take i hate asking for them! I pretty much run the office and look after the 4 lads i work with, I'm like their mammy so i know they struggle somewhat when im not around so hate asking for the time, but just feel like i need a few days to relax, the weekends just go way too quick and there is always something to do!

Hopefully a good night sleep and i'll feel much better 2moro :)

elly123 wrote: »
    Thanks wicklori - im generally very positive, i was due to sit an exam in January that i only got confirmation that i could sit it last week which was 4 weeks after i requested to sit it and there has been one seminar already on it and i've lost about 3 weeks to get the first assignment done which is due the end of the month. I am a big stress ball when it comes to my exams so ive decided its best for me and the baby that I don't sit the exam while pregnant, i hadn't told my boss and it was hanging over me so i was feeling crap. But i told him and he completely agreed so i feel better now! Im in the middle of a degree but thankfully i can do the exams at a later date! Now the other thing that is also hanging over me, i hate asking for time off work even though i have 11 days holidays left to take i hate asking for them! I pretty much run the office and look after the 4 lads i work with, I'm like their mammy so i know they struggle somewhat when im not around so hate asking for the time, but just feel like i need a few days to relax, the weekends just go way too quick and there is always something to do!

Hopefully a good night sleep and i'll feel much better 2moro :)

Aw Elly you poor thing! My OH is doing a course right now so I can sympathise about the stress levels!
    I think that tomorrow you should plan some annual leave. These boys will have to prepare themselves for when you are on mat leave anyway so you're doing them a favourðŸ˜႒

Hi girls, how are you all on this somewhat sunny morning (well at least it's stopped raining!).

I'm 20wks tomorrow and I think that I felt my first kick last night. I have a habit of holding my belly in bed at night and i felt something last night and about 5mins later felt it again. It wouldnt have been enough for my husband to feel but I really do think it was the baby moving. Am really hoping it wasnt wind :o. Was so so excited!

Wicklori, I think we're about the same..have you felt anything yet? I dont have my scan until 22 weeks..actually this day fortnight. Looking forward to that. I am starting to loook into baby stuff and do my homework on what we need. I seen avent bottles with great offers and am thinking of getting them. I have friends who used Dr Browns etc and they said they were so expensive and baby still got colic so I think I'll start with avent and see how we go!

Hey everybody!

Yes, the morning is glorious! The sun puts me in good mood straight away :)
    Yellow Hen, so excited that you can feel the baby! How exactly does it feel? Last time I was at my doctors he asked if I can feel anything, and I said that I don't know what I'm supposed to feel.. I guess untill I can see baby kicking on the scan and feeling smth at the same time I won't know if I feel anything :)
    I started to make a list of what I need to buy for the baby and myself before the little one is born, and what will need to take with me to the hospital... May be it's too early, but I'm just making a list, not buying anything yet, honestly! Hope to get staff at Christmas sales - probably everything will be cheaper :)
    Also found this website - kind of anti-checklist - might be useful as well and help to save some money! http://www.onlinemum.com/baby/products/checklist-things-not-to-buy-before-baby-is-born.html

That's a good website Lilbe. The first thing it mentions is bottles..I think we'll buy the avent micro steriliser which at least we'll have when we travel to the grandparents. I might just buy enough Avent bottles to get started and see how the baby gets on. Still hoping to breastfeed too but who knows.

The kick was just like a little flick inside me..could have been nothing but I genuinely think it was something. Im not sure if I havent been sitting still holding my belly, if I'd even have been aware of it. Anyway, Im sure in the next 2-3 weeks we should all begin to feel a little something :)

hiya everyone how are you?? Is everyone well?? Bumps? Time is going too fast its scaring me. Ill be 18 weeks sunday and i dont know how to tell the boss im pregnant, i told one if the girls and she told me to tell them asap or else they'll fire me for being dishonest..
    Yellow hen im delighted for you, im expecting a big butterfly effect but i think the baby kicking is the flicks for me anyway :)
    i think it is time to start looking into things, buy a few little things cos i will not be able to afford everything if it piles up. :)
    so im now getting swollen legs, crying and i nearly fainted in the bank and u had to sit down and than an old man gave out to me! I was just about to cry until i realised that i couldnt cry in the bank hahaha xx hope all is good :) x

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hi girls, how are you all on this somewhat sunny morning (well at least it's stopped raining!).

I'm 20wks tomorrow and I think that I felt my first kick last night. I have a habit of holding my belly in bed at night and i felt something last night and about 5mins later felt it again. It wouldnt have been enough for my husband to feel but I really do think it was the baby moving. Am really hoping it wasnt wind :o. Was so so excited!

Wicklori, I think we're about the same..have you felt anything yet? I dont have my scan until 22 weeks..actually this day fortnight. Looking forward to that. I am starting to loook into baby stuff and do my homework on what we need. I seen avent bottles with great offers and am thinking of getting them. I have friends who used Dr Browns etc and they said they were so expensive and baby still got colic so I think I'll start with avent and see how we go!

So... I'm 20 weeks today. I've been having funny feelings for about a week and a half to two weeks. To be frank- some of them are uncomfortable! Like something wriggling around my very deep insides. No one ever told me it might not feel the best!!
    For the last couple of days on and off I have been having more definite movements-that are much more like what I expected..... I'd say it was definitely movement yellow hen! Congratulations!!
    Our scan isn't for ages but I'm not a fan of the scans, hospital and the appointments anyway so not pushed....
    Fair play to you all for the research..... I'm very superstitious/traditional/neurotic and so I'm putting off buying anything. I have been looking at pushchair/pram type things but purely for the research! I'm enjoying that bit but find mothercare a bit overwhelming! I also think I might be divorced if I brought bottles into the house or a steriliser! My OH is an extreme believer in the benefits of breast feeding..... I'll have to explain very clearly why any of that stuff is a wise buy!!
    I feel a bit massive at the minute! But got measured in my gym and I'm up 6pounds in a month which is bit generous but not too bad!! The only inches that were up were tummy and a slight bit on the hips, so I'm happy with that. Every mother I know reckons I'm "very neat" but what else are they going to say?!
    Oh and while I'm here-something made me vomit last night and feel all faint this morning!!!
    Moan over!

hiiiii everyone i just tolld the manager im pregnant she gave me a hug omg soooo happy she pregnant too so she understands ohhh my gooood m heart was racing she thought i was quitting the way things i was bringing it up haha but all is good and they said they'd prob be offering me full time after christmas and all :) thank goodness..
    Okay im finished haha.. Hope all is good :) xx

Deeelighted for you Annettea bet its such a weight lifted of your shoulders and you will feel so much more comfortable going into work now.

Ive been so busy in work all week, love been busy! Feeling so much better compare to start of the week, i've increased my water intake and im eating oranges every day :) Oh and i booked some annual leave :)
    I took next friday of i've a gp appt so just took the day and then Monday is a BH so extra long weekend. Back to work Tuesday and then im off until the following Monday. and booked two other days a monday and a friday and still have 5 days left but i'll prob carry them over! When my boss asked how many days i'd left i said 11, so thats a full two weeks and a day and he looked at me like he'd seen a ghost i was like dont worry im not taken all the days together and i could see the relief on his face :D:D:D

Hope all you ladies have a lovely weekend x

• Advertisement

hii elly.. Glad u feel better,, its bad enough being sick but being sick while pregnant is icccck.. :) nothing like oranges and water :) omg it sounds like you wont be getting any maternity leave, they'd be lost without you.. You must be really good in what you do :) xx

I am most definitely getting a full 6 months maternity with full pay aswel :) My boss and another guy i work with are like my two big brothers, ive been with the company for 7 years and i look after all the administration work and the general running of the company so when im not here they have to do the admin stuff themselves which can be time consuming when there not used to doing it. There is 4 men in total the other two joined the company in the last two years and i get on great with them all im like there mammy :) . We are trying to get some one in for the maternity leave but they wont be doing my full job, they will just be doing the basic office work prob on a PT basis and sure I'll see how im getting on I might even do one day a week after the first 2-3 months i would prob like the distraction :)

are u the only girl working there?? Im sure ur OH loves that ;) the place u work in sounds lovely, like a family :) sounds like a job u dont want to leave :) im sure yoy'll have plenty to do when baby is 2 or 3 months like catch up on some sleep :) cant wait tho for those times :) im sure the fellas will be counting the hours when u come back :)
    had a docs appointment today, heard babys heartbeat aggain thank god, all is good.. And he called me tall and thin :) pretty happy with that :)

annettea wrote: »
    are u the only girl working there?? Im sure ur OH loves that ;) the place u work in sounds lovely, like a family :) sounds like a job u dont want to leave :) im sure yoy'll have plenty to do when baby is 2 or 3 months like catch up on some sleep :) cant wait tho for those times :) im sure the fellas will be counting the hours when u come back :)
    had a docs appointment today, heard babys heartbeat aggain thank god, all is good.. And he called me tall and thin :) pretty happy with that :)

That was s nice compliment from the doc, I bet it put a pep in your step :-) great that you got to hear baby's heartbeat, peace if mind I'd imagine.

Yeah I'm the only girl but the lads are between 14 - 16 yrs older and all married with families and my OH gets on great with them :-) likewise me with their wives :-) like one big happy family. It was my first job did 1 yr in college and went straight working with them.

Good to hear that breaking the news to work went well Annette :)
    It is a worry that no one needs when they are about to have a baby! I'm going to go and visit a baby shop next weekend to have a look at a buggy. I haven't a clue how much things cost so some of budget would be good. Have a wedding tomorrow which I am dreading. Just not in the mood for it and I didn't buy anything new so I have to squeeze myself into something old. My bump is neat but I have defo put on weight, a big annoyed at myself for that! On the good side, I'm 20 weeks so halfway there!!!

ahh ya but he was just talking about blood pressure cos i nearly fainted in the bank!!! Basically my blood pressure can drop cos of my figure but I gained 9 kilos since i got pregnant thats like a stone and a bit or something.. I dont think its that much im sure baby is the 9 kilos hahahahaha..
    How are youy elly? Have u been feeling movement? I felt the baby rising this morning if that makes sense. Like coming up to say good morning.. Awhhh thats lovely about your workplace it does sound lovely to work in.. Im sure the wives were a bit scared when u first started to work there haha.. xx

hiii yellow hen how are you?? Ya its a great relief to get it out and got a great response and i was nearly in tears thought i was going to get fired ahaha..
    Congrats on the 20 weeks ur half way there didnt that go fast??? How do you feel?? Buggy shopping is exciting, you'l be surprised by the expense of them.
    A lovely dress for tomorrow to show off ur bump :) its good that its neat cause neat bumps look great :) and not uncomfortable xx cant wait for OHs graduation i want to go into a nice dress that will outline the bump xx

How did your wedding go on Sat YH? Are you starting to feel regular movements at all yet? How is the pilates going?

I have been looking at buggie packages online and cant get over the difference in prices from one shop to another. Smyths have the Baby elegance neo package for €100 cheaper than the baby elegance store. Im defo not going buying anything big until January. Once i have my big scan im going to do a list of what i need, there is a few things that friends are passing on to us, but i want to buy alot of stuff ourselves because it is number one and we plan to have another and possibly a third so it would be nice to have the big stuff ourselves that we can put away. I am definitely not spending crazy money on a pram, considering babys grow so quick.

Well i went back to the gym today on my lunch break and did a 40min workout and feel great. I took my time and eased myself in, im going to go at least 3 times a week from now on.
    We're training our dog to walk on the lead using the nose rope that clips onto her collar, she is unbelievably strong and as we never really had her on the lead much as puppy we never trained her properly but with the fact im pregnant id like to be able to bring her out walking with me when OH is not around so she needs to learn not to pull.

I feel like i have much more energy and im looking forward to doing some exercise.

Anyone getting weak and getting sick if they are on their feet for awhile? I find if im standing around for any longer than about 10 mins i have to sit down or i will vomit. Happened me twice at the weekend when i was at a hurling and football game. Wonder would it be that my iron levels are low.....hmmm must mention to GP on friday at my visist, hope he has a doppler to hear juniors heartbeat :)

Hey girls,
    How are you? Elly, I also have so much energy, but I don't spend it that wisely - instead of working out I arrange dinners/meetings with friends, invite people over to our place for dinner or tea, and then find myself busy every night of the week :) But it feels good to be out again after being stuck at home when I was feeling so tired.
    Annettea, I also put on a bit of weight - I'm now 9 kgs plus to what I was! I just keep telling myself that it's padding for the baby to make the little one comfortable :)

• Advertisement

its so good to feel normal again isnt it, and feel like you have some sort of control over your life (for awhile anyway) :) I'll only do gym at lunch time which gives me my evenings :)
    Im defo going to arrange some dinners with Friends over the next few weeks as i feel ive been hiding.
    My mam has never met my OH's mam and they both keep asking when they will meet, i know they will get on great so im thinking i will organise a girly night out with my sis, the OH'S sis and both mammies to introduce them.

anyone have any idea what they might be having?? I was convinced a boy up until I read something yesterday and now i think it could be a girl :) we're going to find out.... if baby co-operates :) ... but we're going to ask doc to put it in a sealed envelope and we'll open it Xmas morning so it will be a nice surprise :) i have no preference what so ever, OH wants a little daddys girl but i just want a happy and healthy baby :)

Advertisement