Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hiya everyone, glad to hear everyone is doing good and their energy levels are up :) did everyone have a nice weekend.. :) when is ur next scan elly? do u have a scan lilbe?
    im thinking baby is a boy its a very strong feeling that I have .. that sounds lovely though about the doctor and the sealed envelope :) i say your dying to know..
    okay OH's graduation is coming up, bbut there is only 2 tickets.. if it was ur OH do u think u should be invited or the parents??
    i really cant wait for march, im getting quite excited, think ill buy some small things at the weekend.. canty wait for scan cos its not until january hahaha... did u find something nice for ur OH'sbirthday?
    lilbe yes its all padding for the baby.. be all cushioned up.. ;) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@elly that's a lovely idea re the sealed envelope.... Very sweet and special. When is your scan?

@annette, I would totally go to my oh's graduation. I guess it's hard for us to comment on your situation without knowing you.
    In relation to the scan, why do you not have another until jan? That's so far away!!!!

I have my 22wk scan on thurs week. I'm still quiet small, although I had thought I was big! Getting fed up of people telling me I'm small!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey girls!
    Annettea: my scan will be next week, hope the baby will wave at us! :) Can't really suggest anything about the graduation, as I don't know you or OH, but I guess I would love to go to it if I were in that situation. Is there any way you can get extra tickets, and then everybody could go?
    Elly, can I steal your idea about the envelope? ;-) My OH does not want to know, and I'm not sure, so having an envelope should be a good option - if I finally make up my mind I can always open it and find out.
    YH - Good luck with your scan! :)

Hi Lilbe, what scan have you next week or how many weeks are you now? I've a shocking memory and can barely keep up with everyone here.

Maybe we should add our names to the following so we know who goes when:

Yellow hen: Due 8th March 2012, Coombe
    Elly123: Due 25th March 2013, Coombe
    Lilbe: Due 13th March, Rotunda
    Annettea: 24th March ballinasloe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Lilbe work away with the envelope idea, i read it on an american forum awhile back and taught it was a great idea, my OH defo wants to know and im still not sure so i said I'd compromise with the envelope idea and opening it on Christmas morning. Our scan is 12th Nov so we'll have the envelope sealed for 6 weeks before we open it :) we both agreed that if baby is not in a position for us to find out well then we're not going to, its baby's way of telling us they want it to be a surprise when they arrive :)

Annettea - like the other girls said it is hard to comment with not knowing you or your situation, but if it was me i would want to go.

Yellow Hen - im the same as you i haven't put on too much weight i weighed myself this morning and i've gained 6lbs, sometimes i feel huge but people keep telling me im so small, im thinking after this weekend i need to go buy some leggings. my jeans that don't close but fit my legs are annoying me, if i use the belly expanders they are a bit lose and they annoy me so i think i'll buy some long tops for under cardigans and jumpers and invest in a nice pair or maternity jeans that will last me a good while along with leggings. Also need to get myself a winter coat.

I cant wait for Xmas only 9 weeks away :)

• Advertisement

Hey girls, I'm half way now, 20 weeks. Next week is the big scan, probably the same that YH is having.
    I'm due 13 March, Rotunda. Though I don't trust these dates, don't think the baby sits there inside with a calendar, counting days to the due date! :)

hiya everyone :) my goodness its getting so close now that were nearly at the half way mark :)
    are ye finding maternity clothes expensive? I just go into pennys and buy the bigger size up.. I havent worn jeans in about a month or so ha :) pennys jeans are so not fitting..
    Thanks for ur opinion on the grad unfortunatly cant get more tickets, but sure theres always next year and ill make sure his parents are babysitting or something haha..
    How is everyone? Bumps?
    Annettea 24th sep ballinasloe

@Annette, Depending on where the graduation is, I would imagine, if you turn up, you wont be turned away at the door. I know this is normal in one major university. Annette is your due date, 24th March (hoping it's not Sept or its a very very long pregnancy :eek:)

Girls I was in town this eve and just walked past mothercare and they had a 50% sale on...eh, I only went in for a look and came out with my avent steriliser and starters set of avent bottles :o €26 in total and we're trying to spread the pain of the cost so hoping OH wont go nuts when he gets in!)

I have felt more movement from baby today, it's so slight that I have to almost stop and concentrate to make sure Im not imagining it but its defo there. Not strong enough to feel by touching my tummy yet but hopefully soon.:)

hi yellow hen.. Thats fantastic about the sale. I wonder is that every mothercare.. U excited when u got the steriliser and bottles??
    Its an it college supposed to be very strict one of the grls said at work anyway :)
    also what do u mean by sept?? :/ im slow haha xx

annettea wrote: »
    hi yellow hen.. Thats fantastic about the sale. I wonder is that every mothercare.. U excited when u got the steriliser and bottles??
    Its an it college supposed to be very strict one of the grls said at work anyway :)
    also what do u mean by sept?? :/ im slow haha xx

You said above Annettea 24th Sept Ballinasloe. I guessed you meant your due date but made a typo?

• Advertisement

haha oops id be in the wrong thread.. Haha im still not with the october month and were nearly finished :) how u yellow hen? Hows bump??
    Is anyone having weird dreams? My OH died last night and i could not stop crying when i woke up, it was sooo real.. Thank god it was a dream..xx

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hello girls! Lot of positive news around lately-yellow hen going mad in the mothercare sale :-); graduation; job; annual leave..... It's all great!
    We are off to a wedding in London on saturday so flying friday and back monday. Looking forward to it now that I have established the dress I have in mind will fit! Bump seems to be growing by the day. Got offered a seat on the Luas the other day and everything-got a little kick out of that-especially since I had cycled to the Luas on my Dublin Bike!!!
    Loads of movement over the past few days!! Feeling less squirmey and more like little limbs :-)
    Would any of you ladies be up for meeting up? I gather by our choices of hospitals we are fairly Dublin centred? I don't live in Dublin but I work here and OH does a course on fridays and saturdays so I am here then too....
    I am due on March 10-even though consultant moved me on a few days recently- but that's the date I have in my head. Our hospital is Mount Carmel.

Hope everyone is feeling good :)

I think i might have had movement this morning, i have defo been feeling something over the last week or so, but this morning in work i got this weird sensation, it stopped me in my tracks and i got it about 5 times around the same place in the space of a minute or so, wasn't painful or sore but if it was constant it wouldn't be very comfy, about half hour after that i felt the flutter feeling, im wonder was it baby moving about. Im hoping it was :)

People having been saying they can tell where baby is by shape of my little bump and i've kinda taught i could tell myself and the sensation was in the same side that i think baby might by be........ hmmmm wonder if it was baby.

Hey Elly, congratulations on the movement! Should be amazing feeling! Istill don't know what I feel, will know for sure only when I feel thins thing and see the baby move in the scan :)
    Wicklori, great, you also feel the movement! Aaaa, I want my belly to be visible through my coat, I also want a seat on Luas! :)
    I would be up to meet, we can have a little club of mums, and babies will have friends born in the same month :)

hiya everyone,, how is everyone and now miny acrobatics (bumps) ?? :)
    this thread is lovely i must say were very supportive of eachother and its lovely :) so thank you everyone.
    I bought nappies today eek :) my baby now has nappies.
    I think movement is different for everyone cos i was expecting this butterfly effect that people are getting but i got a flicking sensation like a knocking ha ha..
    Hope u have a great time in england wicklori :)

Updated List here:

Yellow hen: Due 9th March 2012, Coombe
    Wicklori: Due 10th March, Mount Carmel

hi all,

@wicklori, meeting up sounds lovely. For me, I'd probably rather it closer to the due date when I know everything is ok and Im on the count down from work. We're due a day apart from each other. My bump totally grew this week, I am now obviously pregnant which is lovely! My friend gave me the belly belts for my suit trousers for work but they're very very big and they just keep falling out. Im just leaving my pants semi open now and putting tight tops over them to keep them up!

I could do with getting some more maternity clothes soon. I find alot of them are bad quality or trashy though. Seen a few plain and simple things in mamas and papas so might head back there soon.

How are you all keeping?

YH, oh, maternity clothes are such a pain! I can't stop complaining about it. Not enough selection, boring colours and patterns, and for some reason they focus on short sleeve when it's winter. Try to find a maternity dress with long sleeve which is not black or stripy! It's like going on a quest.
    Ordered smth on New Look website and then completed their survey, hopefully they will improve!

I found the most gorgeous jumpers in Mamas and Papas this weekend... both you could defo wear them post pregnancy too. I think they were nicer than the pics show them.
    http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-poncho/s0010034/type-s/
    http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-cowl-neck-jumper/s0010160/type-s/

I didnt buy them as I already had a few expensive things to get this weekend. Will keep an eye and might get them soon though! Have scan this thursday and had forgotten that we had to pay €120 for that too!

How you all doing now? Are we all over the 20 weeks now?

Happy all hallows Eve :D

Hope you all had a lovely long weekend.

I had a great start to the weekend was off work friday and had my first gp visit, it went great, baby right size from what doc could feel, good strong heartbeat picked up straight away.... so good been able to hear it! The doc was a stand in for my doc as he was away and the stand in was so great to talk to felt like we could ask anything and we were with him for about 10-15 mins. I asked about the flu jab and he recommended it especially that i have a low immune, i also questioned why ppl are against it also. I think im going to get it at my next visit.
    He put me on Iron and said to take it every second day, that way it shouldn't constipate me. He also recommended an over the counter cream for my acne which has nearly cleared all but about 3 or 4 spots. Everyone keeps saying im starting to bloom and i am looking great, nice to get compliments :)

I have defo balloned over the last week, my sis in law bought me the belly band for my bday, it is the best invention ever best BDAY pressie ever aswel :D, so comfortable, not cheap but defo worth it :) i got a lovely set of shower cream,moisturiser and stretch mark oil from my MIL its especially for pregnant women and it is lovely, leaves the skin feeling so refreshed! They got the presents in NELO maternity, my SIL said they just wanted to buy the whole store everything was just gorgeous.

Im just past the 19 weeks now and i had lots of movement thursday evening, only a small bit since then.

YH you must be soooo excited for thursday, mine is monday week and i cant wait. Im so much more relaxed and not worrying even a fraction of what i was before and im feeling great.

• Advertisement

They sound like lovely bday presents Elly. Nelo is fabulous but can be a bit expensive so I might try pick up one or two things in the Jan sale to get me through the last 2 months. Im still sort of wearing some of my normal clothes to work. My trousers dont even nearly close but a tight top over them keeps them up :)

22 week scan this evening. am really excited about it but nervous too. Baby hasnt been moving at all lately but it may just have turned in another direction. Anyways, I'll be happy to just see it again and know everythings ok.

I finally found the details of the physio classes in the coombe and called them to book a place but apparently they are completely booked up and Im on a cancellation list. Im a bit peeved that they dont put the booking form into the pack they give you at your first visit. I find sitting onthe couch at night, my back gets v sore. When I get to bed and lie down, I'm fine again but I think the physio classes would have been great. :(

hi guys,, did u have ur scan yellow hen? Tha came around really fast.... Time is going tooo fast :) happy birthday elly :) hope ur doing great :) im nearly 20 weeks but i need advice or something :) maybe reassurance. I had such a hard weekend and now ive had terrible cramps like period pain but worst than that. Its defo in the womb region but im pretty scared i said it to the girls at work and the sait normal around this time cos its the womb stretching but i dunno if it should be this sore.. Idid anyone get this?? Sorry for being at ye.. Im going to thee bathroom looking for blood but none thre thank god :) xx thanks again x

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rula

ohh just found this, am due 15 march, could i join please, all well here lots of movement,
    didn't have a very detailed scan at 19 weeks which concerns me a small bit, felt it was very rushed and just one measurement taken?
    hope all are doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

annettea wrote: »
    hi guys,, did u have ur scan yellow hen? Tha came around really fast.... Time is going tooo fast :) happy birthday elly :) hope ur doing great :) im nearly 20 weeks but i need advice or something :) maybe reassurance. I had such a hard weekend and now ive had terrible cramps like period pain but worst than that. Its defo in the womb region but im pretty scared i said it to the girls at work and the sait normal around this time cos its the womb stretching but i dunno if it should be this sore.. Idid anyone get this?? Sorry for being at ye.. Im going to thee bathroom looking for blood but none thre thank god :) xx thanks again x

Sounds pretty normal to me. from about 18 weeks on I had a weird achy stretchy feeling which got crampy but it was just the ligaments stretching and now my belly is huge! No harm calling the hospital if you're worried though.

almost 23 weeks now and getting loadsa punches and kicks :-) had the big scan during the week which was lovely, baby was holding his/her feet in his/her hands :-)

Welcome to the thread Rula. Where did you have your 19 week scan? I guess every hospital is different and I wuold guess that they measured a few things that you didnt see.

Annette, I had very bad period and stabbing pains for about a fortnight a few weeks back. I think it was just stretching...very shortly after that my belly started to expand at a ridiculous rate. There's no hiding it anymore! Try not to worry. When do you have your anomoly scan? Are you doing shared care? If you are, could you go to your gp and just hear the heartbeat on the doppler for peace of mind?

I had the 22week scan yest. Honestly, it couldnt have gone better. We were only waiting 5mins in the coombe and they apologised that we even had to wait that long! The sonographer was lovely and as soon as she touched me, we could hear the heartbeat. It was lovely as I hadnt felt the baby move for the last 2 days and was trying not to be concerned but its hard not to be! Anyway, she checked all the measurements, checked the brain's development, nasal structure ( apparently can indicate down syndrome) and also the ankle bones ( to ensure feet werent turned in). She said she couldnt believe how much the baby was moving around in there but as the placenta is right in front of it, it might explain why I'm not feeling so much of it. My dates are still perfect and the baby was a very average 1lb 1oz. A obstetrician came in to review the sonographer while we were there and she said the brain and bone development was very healthy and the limbs were long indicating a possibly long baby.

We got 7 pics leaving and they were so so clear. so overall, was a lovely experience. Oh, and she made us close our eyes when she was checking their repro anatomy so we still have no idea what it is :)

Hey girls!
    Had my scan yesterday as well - everything measured normal :) The baby kept moving and he did a punch while at the scan, so we saw it on the screen and I felt it as well, so now I definetely know that I feel baby's movements and not the gas! :)
    YH, we chose not to know the gender as well, but they did not have to worry for us to see anything on the screen - I just don't understand how they see anything, once they point out that "look here are baby's hands and here are baby's legs" and I start seeing them, they move the thingy on the belly and it all changes and apparently what was hands became a head :) I would have never guessed what I'm seeing even if it was staring right at me! :)
    Annettea, the best thing is to see the doctor - then you will know for sure if these pains are normal or not.
    And welcome Rula :)

hi everyone! Im very happy for ye and yer scans...
    So i went to work today , got sick, pain moved to my back, left work went to hospital went for a wee and there was blood , thank god i was in the hospital.. And thank god it was coming from my kidneys,, i have a uti infection.. Had no signs of kidney infection just the pain in the back.. Did a scan and it was beautiful and baby was big, and actually seen the heartbeat , the heart was big :) today was the most scariest day of my life and my OHs life..also when i left the ward i got sick in the corridor hahaha one of yhe nurses was like what ward u going to and we were like were going home. OHs face was so ooo red..
    So im delighted for yellow hen and lilbe with ur lovely scans and healthy babies.. Are ye not dying to know what the gender is? I dont have my next scan till january.
    Thanks everyone for ur comments very helpful.. Cant wait for this big bmp ye talk of :)
    Congrats rula and killerkitty xx

Hey Annettea, glad to hear that it was just a kidney infection. It's such a relief to see your baby on the scan! :)
    Hope no more worries for you :)

Yellow hen: Due 9th March 2012, Coombe
    Wicklori: Due 10th March, Mount Carmel
    Rula: Due 15th March, ?

• Advertisement

How are you feeling now annette? UTI infections are not uncommon during pregnancy shur they're not? why do you not have another scan until Jan? Do you not get a 20week scan?

Yeah, we sort of were dying to know the gender but something in both of us decided we'd rather it were a surprise. So far I have no inkling at all. According to my 'What to expect' app, from week 22-26, the baby doubles in size....i cant almost see it happening already...I'm getting so big!!!!! Still have 17.5 weeks to go so am worried i'm going to be massive at this rate :eek:

Advertisement