Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Lilbe & YH delighted to hear scans went well and you got to see babs i cant wait for mine now, i will be over it this time next Monday morning.
    Annettea - been sick and getting those pains must have been very scary all together but delighted it was nothing more than a UTI (dont get me wrong im not belittling a UTI they can be extremely painful, lots of fluids, cranberry juice and natural yogurt :) ) Hope your feeling much better x

Im 20 weeks today and i think i have a bit of a footballer, i am feeling movement every day at all different times of the day its very reassuring, still cant feel it with my hand but i am feeling the same type of movement since last week so i am assuming its baby.

After the scan i will start to look into cots, this is the one thing i have no idea about or even where to start. i wont be purchasing until after xmas but i want to learn more about them.

The mil asked if i had bought anything for the baby, even on the sly from the OH but i haven't and i think she was a bit surpised, i dont know what it is i haven't really looked at anything, i think it all still feels surreal! I am not superstitious or old fashioned or anything i just think if i start to pick up stuff now i will get really overwhelmed by the whole thing.

anyone else feeling like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

elly123 wrote: »
    After the scan i will start to look into cots, this is the one thing i have no idea about or even where to start. i wont be purchasing until after xmas but i want to learn more about them.

The mil asked if i had bought anything for the baby, even on the sly from the OH but i haven't and i think she was a bit surpised, i dont know what it is i haven't really looked at anything, i think it all still feels surreal! I am not superstitious or old fashioned or anything i just think if i start to pick up stuff now i will get really overwhelmed by the whole thing.

anyone else feeling like that?

We bought a second hand moses basket and stand at the weekend. It's immaculate and we're just going to buy a new mattress for it. Cost us only €40 for everything incl. the mattress. Was delighted with it.

We went buggy shopping on sat...well not shopping so much as just seeing what's out there. The two that suited us most were the Uppababy Vista and the Bugaboo Cameleon. Both are v expensive so we definitely need to think long and hard about it. Have any of you even thought as far as buggys yet?

A friend of ours has told us they will give us their moses basket, i know a few friends have not bothered with moses baskets even though they bought them, said baby would never settle so generally used the carry-cot from the buggy and that baby had grown out of moses basket very quickly but i suppose everyone's experiences is different and it hasn't cost much, we'll be trying it out anyway. I really like the co-sleepers but don't know too much about them but like the idea of them.

I have just looked online at buggies at the different brands and prices but again didn't do any research just looked at the style i like. Im not prepared to spend an awful lot of money on a pram that will only last 6 months or so considering we wont get much use from the buggie/pram bar going for a walk in the park or shops etc other than that we are in and out of the car a lot so im thinking we'll spend max 500 on the pram with car seat and carry-cot and then once i feel baby is big enough we will look at a very good stroller that will last a few years. There really is a lot to think about ......a lot more than i imagined.

Im still vomitting :(:(:(:( its only once or twice a week a little different to the MS but i assume its all part of the course :) i feel great otherwise....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

I will think about buggies etc after Christmas. I generally don't like shopping, always try to make it as short as possible, so I think with buggies OH will do a research for the one which is a buggy and a carry on at the same time, and then we'll just go to whichever place stocks them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hiya everyone how is everyone? Yellow hen ur post made me smile on ur big bump, it wasnt long ago u were worried that there was no bump ;) mad how things change.
    Ya i dont get a 20 week scan the joys of being public but sure i got a scan on fri to make sure everything was okay cos of the bleeding etc but that was only from the uti. And im 20 weeks now so i really got a scan just not an informative one.. :)
    im really happy everyones pregnancy is going well.. Elly ur sickness should ease off soon but dont worry it might come back again in the 3rd trimester.. ;)
    im looking at the 3in1 travel systems there on ebay for like 200 and mothercare for 400.. Where do we buy these things.. Ive nothing bought only nappies and thats just one packet.. Im actually scared i wont have anything.. Anyone the same? Its quite scary buyiing things i get all panicky and so i leave it someimes..
    Lilbe how r u? And ur bump? U do u have a noticeable bump. My clothes hide my bump but my tummmy is quite big i dont know how its hiding :) xx

• Advertisement

Hey Annettea, I'm good, the belly grows, I actually don't want to hide it, but want to show it to everyone, so proud of it! And the perks that come with it - people offer you seats, etc - love it!
    Actually I enjoy pregnancy now that the sickness is gone and energy levels are back. And absolutely love all the attention that I get - yesterday at my class my belly was a good conversations starter :)
    Strange they booked you so late for the scan, will they still do the same tests?
    Oh yes, buying is scary - what if smth goes wrong and then you will be left with all these reminders? Guess will try to do shopping as late as possible :)

annettea wrote: »
    Yellow hen ur post made me smile on ur big bump, it wasnt long ago u were worried that there was no bump ;) mad how things change. xx

Ha, I know...always looking for something to worry about, right?! I love being pregnant...I know I've been lucky so far and havent been sick even one day. There are small niggly things like the backache and heartburn and stretch marks but I honestly dont care... I'm finally pregnant so I'll take whatever pregnancy wants to throw at me.

The buggys thing is headwrecking. It's the only thing we want to get really right and if that means spending more mney than planned, I guess we will. Our huose is small so the buggy has to be neat. I walk into town a good bit and because of the paths and humps I'd like air or foam filled tyres. We looked at the quinny but the basket underneath was so small, I knew it wuold wreck my head with things falling out. We'll go looking again some weekend but for now we've shortlisted the Uppababy vista and the Bugaboo cameleon. Kealys told us that the good thing aobut the bugaboo if we had a second baby in quick succession is that they have a very good second hand resale value so I think we have to take that into account when considering the overall cost. Kealys will allow us to pay for it over time from Jan and will keep it until March for us also.

Annette, re public v semi v private....I really havent seen huge difference in the coombe re the service given. I'm semi and the only thing I can see that differentiates me from the public group is shotrer queues. Else we're both getting the exact same service and we'll all be cared for in an equal manner. For the most part (there are exceptions) clinical staff dont know or care if you have money or not..the same level of care is provided to all. We have one of the best health systems in the world once you gain access to it. Already I think we might go public next time, although between vhi and taxback, semi will only cost about €400.

Ok, long post over... how's everyone else? I'm so giddy this morn. Best friend had a little girl on Monday and I get so teary just thinking that will be us soon :)

YH - ive heard really good reviews and reports from anyone that has went to Tony Kealys in Walkinstown. Its 5mins from my mams so might go up and have a look soon.

Im still vomiting its once a day now which is not bad but considering id gone about 4-5 weeks with no sickness i taught it was gone. :(

I am loving been pregnant, i love my bump and people asking about it. The OH's friend was in the house yesterday evening and he was touching my bump, was very weird, he didn't ask just felt it twice i didn't mind at all, he said he loves pregnant bumps which was weird coming from him!!

Counting the days and hours until Monday for big scan :) Im feeling movement everyday now so im excited to see the little one.

hiya everyone :)
    sounds everyone is enjoying being pregnant :) mum was on the phone to me and was talking about the labour!! That scared me! Has anyone thought about labour/birthing plan? I think im going to go all natural. But we'll see.. I dont try hide my bump its just with clothes i need to get proper clothes.. Private question? Where do u get maternity bras or even good bras .. I usually buy my tings from pennys. But i dont want to have saggy boobs haha.. I think its crazy that there is abbay growing insid of us! Its beautiful lovely and there is actually no word to descibe how great it is..
    Elly did ur other half not mind his friend touching ur tummy haha. Bet it felt funny xx
    yellow hen u can get different wheels for a buggy. OH wants 4*4 tyres on ours haha he wants a buggy that to be able to go anywhere beaches woods town etc.. I havent really looked into anything.. Better start preparing xxx

Hey Annettea, I got my bras from M&S - they are special pregnancy ones. Not exactly sexy, but very comfy :)

• Advertisement

I havent bought maternity bras yet....I actually think my boobs are still growing so am trying to hold out a bit longer! re birth plan, I will take an epidural, gas, air or whatever they throw at me....I dont think it'll be a walk in the park and I am happy to take anything that doesnt harm the baby. Im in awe of those who go au natural through the whole affair :eek:

ok its not funny how much my boobs grew OH was saying no fear of the baby going hungry aanyway hahaha.. To be honest i wouldnt care if the bra came from the 1950s once thyre comfie.. I wonder can we keep the boobs tho for awhile after baby gets here ;)
    my friend was saying that she had an epidural and it was sooo easy and everything was more relaxed.. Id be just scared that it wouldnt ware off or something :D she was grand tho :) ur chances of getting stitches is far less with the epidural..
    Im really flexible so whatever happens , happens.. Really want to go natural tho for some weird reason.. Just dont want to get the stitches lol xx
    oh as well with the private vs public i think its up to the hospitals. I know my manager is going private and she has a scan nearly every 2 months and i only get 2 scans (even tho i got 3 already :) and when i was working in the other place one of the parents were pregnant and she was going public but she only got 1 scan but in a different hospital xx

ok its not funny how much my boobs grew OH was saying no fear of the baby going hungry aanyway hahaha.. To be honest i wouldnt care if the bra came from the 1950s once thyre comfie.. I wonder can we keep the boobs tho for awhile after baby gets here ;)
    my friend was saying that she had an epidural and it was sooo easy and everything was more relaxed.. Id be just scared that it wouldnt ware off or something :D she was grand tho :) ur chances of getting stitches is far less with the epidural..
    Im really flexible so whatever happens , happens.. Really want to go natural tho for some weird reason.. Just dont want to get the stitches lol xx
    oh as well with the private vs public i think its up to the hospitals. I know my manager is going private and she has a scan nearly every 2 months and i only get 2 scans (even tho i got 3 already :) and when i was working in the other place one of the parents were pregnant and she was going public but she only got 1 scan but in a different hospital xx

Personally I dont think you need scans every 2 months Annette so don't worry. I had 22weeks last week and am with my consultant at 28 weeks and I think he'll do a quick scan to check measurements etc.

Am unbelievably sore and uncomfortable tonight. Went to bed at 8.30 just to see if lying down might help. I'm not worried, guess it just the expanding belly!!!

expanding belly sounds like ur gonna explode soon haha xx mind yourself anyway,,
    how far u gone now yellow hen? Nearly 23 weeks??? I cant wait to get to 30 weeks so i know either way baby will be a ok plz god!

I don't think ya need too many scans either, although I love seen baba im happy as long as I can hear the heartbeat at appointments!

re: birth plan im open to any sort of pain relief available. I have a high pain threshold but i'll be taken what ever is on offer. I've had 3 lumbar punchers which is the same sort of procedure as an epidural so i dont think i'll mind an epidural. Im not a fan of forceps but i will go with what ever needs to be done to get baby here safe and well. Im not dreading labour or birth im dreading the aftermath if i require stitches and the healing process, healing stitches are irritating, itchy and sore at the best of times can ya imagine what its like down there :eek:

Well had a touch of insomnia last night/this morning. Went to bed at 10pm slept until 4am and awake since! I can only imagine what i will be like once lunch time comes, I'll be asleep at my desk hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Hi everyone,

I know I'm a bit of a latecomer, but can I join in on this thread. 20 weeks pregnant on my second, and due March 28th. My first son just turned 3.

Had my 20 week checkup with the GP today. And I have a scan at the hospital in two weeks time, which I'm really looking forward to because we're hoping to find out the gender. (Although I am convinced it is a boy because this pregnancy feels exactly like my previous one.)

All is good, and I just can't believe how quickly the weeks are flying by. It is totally different to first time around, when it seemed to just drag and drag. :)

Welcome aniascor! We're a very small group for March so the more the merrier!

How are you feeling now at 20 weeks?

Updated March List :)

Yellow hen: Due 9th March 2012, Coombe
    Wicklori: Due 10th March, Mount Carmel
    Lilbe: Due 13th March, Rotunda
    Rula: Due 15th March, ?
    Annettea: 24th March ballinasloe
    Elly123: Due 25th March 2013, Coombe
    Aniascor: Due 28th March ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I'm feeling great thanks. Normal in fact. I think the doctor thought I was a bit nuts today because I was looking for reassurances that it was okay to feel normal. :)

As much as possible, I'm trying to enjoy feeling good while it lasts. I had a rough few weeks at the start where I just couldn't stay awake. Thankfully that passed after the first trimester.

Just updating the list to add my hospital - I'm going to the MLU in Drogheda this time (went to the Rotunda last time). I had a great birth last time - used Gentlebirth and acupressure, and it was a quick labour with no need for epidural. Of course it was tough going at the time, but I felt amazing afterwards. Hope for same again please this time around!

Updated March List

Yellow hen: Due 9th March 2012, Coombe
    Wicklori: Due 10th March, Mount Carmel
    Lilbe: Due 13th March, Rotunda
    Rula: Due 15th March, ?
    Annettea: 24th March ballinasloe
    Elly123: Due 25th March 2013, Coombe
    Aniascor: Due 28th March 2013, MLU Drogheda

Hey girls, had the weirdest dream last night - that the baby was laughing inside my belly and everybody around me could hear it. And I was happy in my dream because I thought that if baby is laughing, then he is a happy baby. Told my boss, he said maybe the baby was laughing in reality :)

• Advertisement

Lilbe wrote: »
    Hey girls, had the weirdest dream last night - that the baby was laughing inside my belly and everybody around me could hear it. And I was happy in my dream because I thought that if baby is laughing, then he is a happy baby. Told my boss, he said maybe the baby was laughing in reality :)

i had a dream last night that I had the baby but when I brought 'her' home and went to wind her, I found that she had a hard something on her back so I took off her babygrow and there was a place where the batteries went. Someone in the hospital had swapped my baby for a doll :eek:
    Does that mean Im having a doll instead of a baby? :)

haha yer dreams sound very funny,. the joys of being pregnant before the baby is born , the baby is still taking over our lives :)
    yellow hen a she is it? ;) do you think your having a she?
    aniascor congrats and welcome.. i know how u feel being normal. i never got
    morning sickness or heartbutburn is just starting now but only at night night. just was tired. :) xx

haha yer dreams sound very funny,. the joys of being pregnant before the baby is born , the baby is still taking over our lives :)
    yellow hen a she is it? ;) do you think your having a she?
    aniascor congrats and welcome.. i know how u feel being normal. i never got
    morning sickness or heartbutburn is just starting now but only at night night. just was tired. :) xx

I haven't a clue what it us Annette but in the dream it was a she. Re heartburn, I find that bread is killing me these days :(

did she have a name in your dream? :):) id actually love to know what im having.. i dont know if i can keep waiting, think ill burst :) id just love to buy the clothes but i think im making up excuses...
    ahhh no bread, i think i live on bread.. haha.. tell me does anyone have cravings/?

did she have a name in your dream? :):) id actually love to know what im having.. i dont know if i can keep waiting, think ill burst :) id just love to buy the clothes but i think im making up excuses...
    ahhh no bread, i think i live on bread.. haha.. tell me does anyone have cravings/?

No annette she didnt have a name. Although we have a name picked if it is a girl :) As for the bread, I havent given it up which is why I keep getting heartburn :o I try not to eat so much of it during the week but at thr weekend, the smell of fresh bread in the supermarkets is too much to deny myself!

How is everyone anyways? Im in work at the mo just filling in my diary until christmas and just realised that from the first week of December (I'll be 26 weeks), all my appts really crank up. Antenatal and physio classes start. I have the GTT test, due a GP visit and also have a consultants appt.....work are just going to love me:p

OH finally got to see the baby kick last night....everything I've seen my belly move so far, he hasnt been around so it was so nice last night for him to see it too. I love this little parasite so much already....cant wait for him/her to arrive and be a real little person :)

Morning ladies and bumps :)

Well had the 21 week scan yesterday and everything was perfect. All baby's measurements were good, baby was lying in an awkward position but sonographer was happy she got to see everything she needed to see. We asked her to write the sex of the baby on a piece of paper for us and put it in an envelope. when she was going to have a look she told us to close our eyes i did but the OH didn't and he said he didn't see a thing, she literally took a split second to see the sex and said she seen it clearly but that its still not 100% accurate. Im convinced its a boy now that she seen it so quick :) but envelope is sealed and will be opened Xmas morning :) Only 41 more sleeps :D:D:D

My mother and OH's parents were dying for us to open it but the pressure from them just made my will power stronger not to :)

Hey girls, a question for you - anyone here has constipation? What do you do about it?
    I have Weetabix for breakfast, and linseed every day, got prune juice, eat fresh fruit and veg, and still struggling. Any advice?

Oh and congrats to Elly123! Very strong will power! :)

Lilbe wrote: »
    Hey girls, a question for you - anyone here has constipation? What do you do about it?
    I have Weetabix for breakfast, and linseed every day, got prune juice, eat fresh fruit and veg, and still struggling. Any advice?

I think you're doing all the right things. I have it a little but not so bad yet. I did see last week (look away now as this may be tmi :o), blood so I think I had haemorrhoids :eek: Nothing since but I believe they're pretty common so I'm not worried. Just keep with the prune juice and if it gets really bad there's a bottle of something (can't remember the name) that you can buy in the chemist and its perfectly safe for pregnant ladies.

• Advertisement

hi elly congrats on the auld scan and half finding out.. I know i wouldnt be able to wait till christmas :) i say ur parents and OH parents will be snooping around the house looking for that letter.. Or be knocking on yer door christmas morning :)
    yellow hen ur really flying in the weeks arent you :) wish my dates were right on target now id be 24 weeks instead of 21 weeks.. 24 weeks is when baby can survive outside of womb with lots and lots of help..
    Lilbe are you taking the iron tablets? That could be causing it. Eat some scrambled eggs that helps me haha cos i was eating fibre fibre fibre and to be honest it wasnt helping..

Advertisement