Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Elly, you didnt cave last night and open the envelope did you? Our little monster is leaping and somersaulting around inside me these days...I wonder if there's any link between movement and gender? My husband comes from a family of boys only whilst my side is mixed...I have a feeling its a boy though! I was shopping recently for a friend who had a little girl and I have to say, I loved buying the girls stuff...would love a girl sometime.

Only 11.5 weeks left in work between christmas and annual leave I had left :) countdown is definitely on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

No I didn't give in, I'm not even tempted to open it. I just know the excitement on Xmas morning will be fantastic so I'm really looking forward to that!! Only 40 more sleeps :-)

You have tremendous will power...I'd have ripped it open by now!

I have to say when i left the hospital after the scan i was like a big child i was so excited and tempted to open it but i didn't. I selotaped both ends and have writing on both sides of the envelope so it cant be changed :) We were dropping a friend into town yesterday evening so we called in to the OH's parents and they taught we'd opened the envelope and we were calling in to tell them :)

Im convinced we're having a boy, my bump is still quite low but its a proper bump. as long as the baby is healthy the sex doesn't matter.... but..... the girls clothes are way cuter and there is lots more choice i think! I think our baba is having a few lazy days im feeling a couple of movements every day but nothing compared to the thump i got last week, cant wait for those kicks and thumps to come :)

Oh we have decided on our pram aswel, we are going for the Baby elegance beep twist. Its perfect for what we want it for. We wont be putting a deposit on it until after xmas and the store will hold onto it until we want to bring it home, so im thinking i will get OH to collect it once the baby arrives as the store is only 5 mins from our house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

That's so exciting Elly, and a lovely idea. I wouldn't have the patience to wait, and my husband would have the letter ripped open before we even got out of the hospital! We have our scan Monday week and I'm really hoping to find out.

• Advertisement

Hey aniascor, i came across the idea on a website, initially i didn't want to know the sex but my OH did so it was my way of compromising with him but now i cant wait, the excitement i felt after leaving the hosp on Monday was just unbelievable so can only imagine what I'll be like Xmas morning which is keeping me from opening the envelope now. i fell asleep at about 5 ish Monday evening as i was totally wrecked from the excitement :) The way i looked at it going to the scan was if the sonographer couldn't see the sex we weren't going to find out to me it was baby's way of telling us they wanted to keep it a surprise, but sonographer seen straight away. Hopefully you will get to find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hi how is everyone and bumps?
    ive noticed myself with the kicks baby has gotten very lazy so i poked my tummy the other day and basically i got this mighty kick back to basically say "go away im okay" haha :) they are lovely and it just makes it more real that there is a baby inside there which is very weird :)
    swish swoo on the baby elegance and ur better off till after christmas for the sales.. :) and than u can buy clothes elly cos u know what your having..
    i have my heart set that im having a boy cant wait till march only 19 weeks and 3 days to go :)
    once christmas is over we dont have long to go.. time will fly :) hope everyone is well..xx

I got a few little movements yesterday evening. I was feeling a tad uncomfortable last night i think baby is lying right over on my right side as this is were im uncomfortable and im getting a shooting pain every so often in my back. I slept right through the night on my left side with a pillow between my legs to keep me on my left, its really comfy and cosy.
    OH says he's really noticed a size difference in my tummy since the weekend. im getting big, which i love.

When i was been scanned on Monday the sonographer scanned me lying on my left side as the baby was in an awkward position which meant she couldn't get measurements with me on my back or lying on my right side. so i assume baby is still on my rights side and growing which is causing the strain type feeling on my right side!

Annettea the baby elegance stuff is lovely and I've read some good reviews on their products plus they are very reasonably priced. The 3in1 beep twist is priced at €399 at the minute so even if it doesn't go down in the sales its still a good price!

I am going to start picking up some vests and neutral baby grows as these seem to the things that you need most of. I don't plan on buying much clothes before baby comes as im sure we'll get loads of clothes as presents. I was looking at the new born stuff yesterday and they are only for babies up to 7lbs i don't think i'd be lucky enough to have a baby smaller than 7lbs so i think i'll be buying the 0-3months stuff :)

@Elly, are you buying the baby elegance travel package? How much is it do you mind me asking? I looked at it online last night and have to say, I really like the look of it too. I think there's a baby elegance store in dundrum so might try to get up to it at the weekend.

Hi YH yes the beep twist travel package 3in1 we're going for it in Red, its €399. Yeah there is a store in Dundrum, i think its in the old shopping centre. There is also a new one in blanchardstown which is the one beside me again its not in the retail park its up beside power city in blanch. In our case we only need it for general day to day use - shopping and short walks in the park etc.

Annettea and YH isn't it gas we all think we're having boys wonder if our motherly instincts are correct :D How are your bumps shaping up are ya low, high, neat, messy etc :)
    Im still a little low and people are telling me im very neat dont feel very neat tho :D

• Advertisement

Hi elly- the baby elegance is cheaper on there website cos i had a look of it to see what kind of buggy it is :) think its 50quid cheaper.. :) i think my tummy gets bigger during the weekends this monday all i got off one of the girls was jeez ur really showing now, how far are you? hahaha.. :) i wore a tight top just to show off the bump :D:D
    maybe its the position of the baby and thats why you cant feel some movements? my bump is high and neat so its a sign of a girl and a boy hahaha.. 2 mummys at work had babys on the same day, one of the mummys looked so neat and she looked amazing and she had a baby boy.. the other mummy looked really uncomfortable i say lots of water retention just was messy (poor mummy) and she had a baby girl :) so thats the myths that were correct neat bump=boy messy bump=girl..elly all you have to do is open that letter and find out ;) has the other half tried to put the letter up to the light or anything? :D
    i see that there's travely systems on ebay for like 200-250euro brand new i just dont know if they would be good quality, they look amazing tho.. :)
    oh guys you newborn clothes are really for pre-mature babies you'd only get a week out of it.. ive been told.. also only buy one packet of size one nappies and the rest size 2's and you only need a few packets of them,, babies gow too fast.. just a few weeks ago our babies were the size of an apple and now a banana.. YH your is bigger :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rula

hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice almost 24 wks and have had a pink tinge to discharge 2 weeks ago, had scan and was told all is well, last night had dark brown discharge good bit on panty liner(tmi) i know, and a bit lighter today, doc says go to hosp if turns red, am awful worrieds as to why its happening though, any one any experience with this ???

hiya rula. how are you? have you tried ringing your maternity hospital? they will be able to tell you.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rula

iv none at the moment annettea, i rand them last night spoke to a nurse and she said if you get a good bit more or it changes to ring her back, im still concerned though...
    oh the worry, like a maniac going to bathroom

well brown discharge is old and thats a good thing :) what did the nurse say it could be? and how does your tummy feel? :)
    if the nurses were worried they'd bring you in straight away, so in least thats one worry out of the way :) has it changed much since yesterday?
    do you know what id still go in ring them and just ask can you go into them in the morning.. at the end of the day im sure baby is safe but im sure ur a nervous wreck and you need the reassurance.. :) and need to know why its happening..

@rula, was there any change overnight? I genuinely dont think brown discharge is anything to worry about. If it continued overnight, go to A&E in your maternity hospital and wait until you see someone. There is no point in stressing yourself out worrying and if seeing a doctor, gives you peace of mind, then you should do that. Let us know how you go. Im sure everything is fine x

@ Elly and Annette, yeah the weeks are flying by arent they? There was two people in my pilates class last night who were at the exact same time in their pregnancy as me. One was teeny and the other had a nice bump although not a pound elsewhere...they both looked great. I've put on weight in my bum, hips etc from all the rubbish I've been eating and the lack of exercise but it's first baby so I'm not going to be hard on myself...next summer I'll be out pounding the pavments with the buggy. Arent we so lucky to have spring babies and a whole summer to look forward to?

As for the bump, mine is probably low rather than high. Not sure if its neat or not, totally depends on what I wear! I have no inclination whether its a boy or a girl but I seem to be convincing myself its a boy based on my husbands family etc.

We now have a moses basket, bouncer, small baby bottles and a micro steriliser. Trying to buy some things as we see them on offer to take the expenses pain away! Blinking buggy is giving me heartache. My husband though the bugaboo (which we said we would NEVER buy) was the most practical for our needs but its €1200..I think its really astronomical. Dragging him into see the baby elegance at the weekend!

@rula - I don't blame you for being worried. I tend to worry about things too, and that would freak me out. Although like the others, I have heard that brown blood is old blood and not a cause for concern. If you're really worried, maybe go to the hospital and ask for a scan. Or ask your GP to refer you for a scan.

My bump is finally starting to turn into a bump. Although early in the day it still tends to look like I've just put on weight. By 5pm though there's no denying it's a bump.

We haven't really bought any baby stuff yet - then again, we already have a cot and a car seat and a changing unit, and lots of baby clothes (if it's a boy!). We've really just been concentrating on getting our son ready for the new arrival. So we got him a new bed, and moved him into that, and turned the cotbed back into a cot. (Incidentally if anyone is contemplating a cotbed, may I recommend them? Ours is one we got in Mamas and Papas, and it is now 3 years old and still in perfect condition. We used it as a cot for a year and a half, and then converted it to a cot bed. And now we've been able to switch directly to a normal-sized single bed. And of course the cot bed is about to be used again, so eventually I'd guess we'll have gotten six years out of it. Well worth it. Big difference to our travel system, which we only got a year out of before we got sick of having to lug around something so big, and traded in to buy a stroller instead.)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey girls!
    Rula - YH is right, the best thing is to see a doctor, even if we manage to give you any advice here, how credible will it be, none of us is a doctor :)
    Wow, I feel like I fall behind with baby things - you seem to have bought something already and all set on the pram! The only thing we bought is a rocking chair, and are getting the baby room ready at the moment - painted it and bought curtains, but still need to put the floors in it, there was a carpet there before which we stripped and now it's just bare boards, we are changing it to wooden floors.
    Well, I made a list of what I need to buy before the baby is born. But did not even look at anything in the shops so far! :)

Annettea i cant see where the baby elegance is €50 cheaper on their website :confused:

Rula - hope your ok and as all the other posters said if your worried and if you will get piece of mind go to the doctor or A&E in a maternity hosp. It is probably nothing to worry about but i know if it was me i would be worrying and worrying is not god for you or the baby.

Lilbe - you are well prepared with getting the room sorted and you have your list, you will be surprised at how quick you will start to tick stuff off when ya start. There is still plenty of time. I've only picked the pram i want as my parents are paying for it so to ease the burden on them i went shopping on Monday. We are getting the bouncer and mosses basket from friends so don't have to worry about them. Then its the room but that can be sorted after xmas, i think we're going to measure it up and leave everything until after Xmas. I must make a list myself, while looking at prams i seen some things i know we'll need but im reluctant to buy anything for some strange reason. Sure plenty of time after Xmas so i keep saying :)

So happy to be having a spring baby, will be so determined to get back to my pre-preg weight so i can go wedding dress shopping before the end of my maternity leave :D

YH im similar to you, my bum has got bigger, my family keeping telling me i've a bump at the front and back :)

Thank God its Friday, i seriously need to go clothes shopping, im hitting penny's this evening for long vest tops, leggings and cardi's. Gonna buy bigger so i get a good while from them.

Anyone any nice plans for the weekend?

Elly you are right, plenty of time after Christmas, that's what I'm saying to myself too :)
    So looking forward to the weekend! Will go the French film festival at IFI, can't wait! And just to lie in, enjoy the last few quiet months before the baby is born :)
    Has anyone started to fill in maternity benefit form? They have a couple of confusing questions there, I sent them an email, will let you know when they reply.

• Advertisement

I cant wait for a lie on, 2moro and Sunday, im meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow and that's all i have planned for the weekend. Im going to scrub the house in the morning so its nice and fresh for me to chill in for the weekend :) My OH is still at home with glandular fever, doesn't seem to be getting better has been to one consultant and is waiting to see another, he always has the house cleaned by time i get home from work, but i love getting up on Saturday morning and scrubbing the place top to bottom! i think its because we have a lab dog in the house all the time that since getting pregnant i've become a bit OCD with cleaning, and my house never ever smells of Dog its one thing i will not allow happen. I seem to be nesting already :)

I haven't even looked at a maternity form, where did you get them from?

Hahaha, if you like scrubbing so much you are welcome to our house any time! We are doing renovations, so it's not easy to keep it clean :)

The maternity benefit form can be downloaded here: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BirthChildrenAndFamilies/MaternityBenefit/Pages/mb.aspx

They actually already replied to my queries, very fast, just emailed them half an hour ago :)

https://www.babyaccessories.ie/cat/prams sorry elly wrong website :)
    how is everyone today? its friday thank god..
    everyone seems to be doing lots of work getting ready for baby.. its fast approaching and i have absolutely nothing except nappies.. im freaking out to be honest with you but ive only another 4 months to go.. is it normal to be so scared incase something happens tho my docor keeps saying he cant see why this wont be a healthy pregnancy and he has all hope :) i just want to get as far as 24 weeks which is only 2 weeks away now cause the baby can survive outside the womb with great medical help but still its hope :)
    im enjoying some bits of the pregnancy now, i love it when the baby kicks :) hate it when the heartburn kicks in. i cant wait for march to come i really cant. im dying to see this baby, xx

How's everyone doing after the weekend? I went to visit my cousin on Friday with her little six week old baby. He is adorable. Made me wish for it to be March already. :)

I went shopping at the weekend and managed to get a dress for my brother's wedding in February. I have another wedding in January to go to as well, so I really didn't want to be shopping after Christmas and stressing out. Ended up enlisting the help of the personal shopper in Brown Thomas, who was brilliant and the dress that I bought was a jersey material dress from Coast and not a true maternity dress at all. Wish I had known about that service before - I didn't realise it was free to enlist her help. And she flew around the shop and picked about 8-10 decent dresses for me to try in less than 15 minutes. Took all the stress out of shopping, which is great because I always find it such a chore.

Other than that, I am not having much luck finding nice clothes to wear. All my old maternity clothes are for summer time because my son was born in October. And most of the shops I got clothes in last time (Next, Top Shop, New Look) have either removed their range from in-store or drastically reduced the lines they carry. It's so annoying. I thought there was a baby boom on.

Annettea & Anniascor our due dates are within days of each other and i looked at my pregg app this morning and it said 18 weeks to go, i was slightly overwhelmed by that, 18 weeks is not long at all....it is going to fly in!! The other girls have less than that so can only imagine how excited you are.

I've always said i'd love to use a personal shopper, that's a fantastic service provided by BT takes all the stress out of shopping!! Although i would only be shopping in there for a very special occasion :)

I had lots of pressure on my lower left side last night it was really uncomfortable think the baby has moved from my right side to my left now. I presume the pressure was just stretching, i had to lie on that side to try relief the pressure. Anyone had this??

I am eating like a horse that last 2-3 weeks, when food is in front of me i just cant stop eating, i've literally gone from one extreme to the other up to 18 weeks or so i was struggling to eat and was forcing myself to eat for sake of the baby but know im the opposite :eek:

elly123 - it's been on my mind that 18 weeks isn't much time alright! Especially since last time, I went into labour 10 days early. If that happens again, I have 16 weeks left, which is no time. :)

BT wouldn't normally be somewhere I'd shop either. I actually went in there out of desperation, because I was in Limerick for the weekend, and I had just checked every shop I could think of for maternity wear, to be told "sorry, we don't stock that instore anymore, but you can order from our website..." It was just a coincidence that the woman I ended up asking if there were any stores within BTs that had maternity wear turned out to be the personal shopper. I was mentally cringing and wondering what I had gotten myself into when she offered to help, but she was brilliant.

I'm getting a lot of pressure pain the last couple of days too. I've been putting it down to stretching pains, because I'm tired too so I think there's another growth spurt going on. Hopefully it will pass in a few days.

For some strange reason i have a feeling i will go early, but known my luck I'll still be here after my due date wondering when this baby will come say hi :)

I actually got a lovely dress in BT's a couple of years back like you it was out of desperation that i went in while down in Galway for the weekend. It was expensive but more than 6 years later i still have it and actually wore it to a wedding back in May, so don't mind paying for something that will last that long. i always feel out of place in BT's :) i love BT2 and back a few years ago when i was living at home and had nothing better to spend my money on i was buying new dresses from there every week :) ohhhh how times have changed!!!

are you feeling much movement Aniascor?

I'm feeling a little bit of movement. Not as much as the same stage last time around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hi Everyone, sorry haven't been too good at staying in contact on here recently. Just over 24 weeks now and 15 to go-which freaks me out a little.

We had our big scan last week and it turns out we have a very stubborn baby who wouldn't move off their tummy so I have to go back for a further scan next monday-minus husband who left for overseas this morning for 10 days with work :-( So I'll be in need of some support from you guys..... Especially since we have one measurement that needs to be kept an eye on-from the baby's brain. Got a bit of a fright to be honest. They were at PAINS to say it usually is nothing and loads of babies have it, but they need to rescan and remeasure in 4 weeks. Just trying not to think about it as there is nothing we can do-at all!

Don't suppose there's anyone with similar experience? :confused:

Other than that healthy as a horse! Not a pain or an ache, not tired.... Sinuses still dodgy. Baby making loads of moves! Very funny watching my belly moving! (caught my Dad watching the moves yesterday-hilarious!)

So disappointed with the whole maternity clothes shopping experience!!! Thought it was just me looking in the wrong places. :(

Anyway ladies, again if anyone is on for a Dublin/South East meet up any time soon let me know and I'm THERE!

• Advertisement

Welcome back wicklori - 15 weeks to go wow, time really is flying :)

Try stay positive re: the rescan, i know its easier said than done but been positive is better than thinking the worst and getting yourself into a state and stressing yourself and baby out. The fact they said it usually is nothing and lots of babies have it is reassuring somewhat. We will all be here to support you :)

Awhhh i cant wait to feel loads of movements and kicks, im having movements everyday but only the odd one here and there and they are not very strong, What where your movements like at 21/22 weeks?

I cant get over the lack of maternity wear, there is a serious market for it out there. I wish Pennys did a maternity section. I've been on the topshop and Dorothy perkins websites think im going to order some skinny jeans from them, tops are not too bad im still getting away with wearing some of my own plus a long vest top under blouses is the route im going with leggings but would like jeans for Xmas work meals out, i have 3 in the diary already so want something dressy for them.

Im up for meeting up so just say when :) im free most weekends would ppl prefer pre Xmas or post Xmas im easy for either :)

Advertisement