Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi girls, hope you're all keeping well. Wicklori, try to be calm. If the baby was being stubborn, they might have had difficulties in taking measurements. Such a shame your OH is away for the next scan :( Try to stay calm and enjoy all the movement you can feel.

Elly, I felt alot of movement since about 21 weeks. Sometimes the kicks and flicks are stronger than others and you can see my belly move :) I have a gp appt this evening as part of my shared care arrangement. Hopefully all will be ok. Then no appts until the 13th Dec.

As for maternity clothes, I bought a few things on mamas and papas when they had 30% off. They have some nice dresses and really well fitting knitwear. Not as mumsy as I had thought it could be. I found alot of the new look stuff a bit trashy to be honest. The jeans were ok but the tops werent great. Try GAP online also.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hiya everyone how are we ? bumps?
    elly- did u check out the website for ur buggy ? :) its mad how the weeks fly by :) and now there is a july 2013 thread :') just shows how quickly things move on :) isnt 18 weeks very scary elly?
    wicklori- welcome back! hope u had a nice break from our moaning hahah :) how are you? im sure your scan will be perfect, since they said it happens to alot of babies and since some people dont have private care they probably never knew it happened to them :)
    ive been asking th egirl at work who is due next month how many baby gros has she bought and she only has the 8 for the hospital as she even said that we'd be getting so many presents that you'll have too many things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey girls,

Yesterday did not get any notifications from this forum on my email for some reason and was sure it's all quiet, and logged in today just to find a lot of chat! :)
    Wicklori - don't worry, it's better to measure twice and have peace of mind that everything is ok. Especially your baby was lying on his belly, so probably they just could not get a decent measurement.
    Aniascor - don't even get me started about maternity clothes, I think I moaned enough about it here. Such little choice and as YH says half of them are trashy and the other half is black or stripy as if pregnant women don't want to wear nice patterns. Feels like a pregnancy uniform - stripy short sleeve dress. Short sleeves are another story - it's winter and they still sell summer dresses. Aaaaarrrgh!
    I ordered several dresses from New Look online (have to confess, one is stripy, but the rest are nice bright colours - red and violet, though the cut won't be my first choice, but there is not really much choice), and of course they are all short sleeves, so have to wear them with long sleeved t-shirts (got several of them in Mamas and papas, they had 3 for 2 offer), and by the way Penneys long sleeved t-shirts are good enough as well, they are long enough to cover my belly.
    Mothercare does very comfy jeans, got a pair that goes over tummy, OH laughs at me, as they nearly reach my armpits, but they are comfy and that's all I care about at the moment.
    My baby is very cheaky - he will move around, but once you put your hand on my belly or start looking at it to see the movements, he stops :)
    Wicklori, I will be up to meet, how about next weekend? Southside suits me well, and it would be nice to know each other, when the babies are born they can become friends :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Hi everyone,

Think this baby is in the middle of another growth spurt. It's been a few weeks since my bump changed size, and then this week - POP! And after weeks of feeling great and having loads of energy, I am exhausted. I had an early night last night and the night before and I'm still yawning today! I'm also feeling a bit achey.

I have pregnancy yoga tonight, so I figure that will help ease out some of the aches and then I think it will be another early night.

Must take a trip to Mamas and Papas this weekend and see what they have in stock. I think though, I'm going to end up just ordering a few bits from Asos.com and Funmum.com. I've seen some things on both sites that look nice enough. And I'm sick of dragging myself around real shops looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Aniascor i think my bump is growing by the day but i suppose that is to be expected from here on in really isnt it :) I had the bad pressure pain on my left again Monday night and didnt sleep but eased completely yesterday so im putting it down to stretching. Im not as tired as i have been but im in the loo every 20-25 mins during the day and im not drinking any more liquids than before. Had a good bit of movement yesterday still nothing strong enough for OH to feel, hopefully next week or week after he'll get to feel it.

Im going to purchase some stuff online over the weekend i dont have legs to be walking around shops and trying stuff on. Must have a look at funmum.com :)

• Advertisement

Ooh, will check out funmum too, hadnt heard of that before. Elly. re pain and pressure, I get that alot at the minute. Sometimes, it's like a really bad stitch that I just cant walk off. I think its all part of the fun though so I'm not at all worried. Baby is still somersaulting away!

i was on my feet in work putting up posters for an hour this morning and I am totally pooped after it....any exertion now exhausts me...I think it's going to be a long three months!

I rested last night when i got home from work and seem to be much better. Will go for a walk this evening and see if that irritates it as it was at me after my walk on Monday evening.

I hadn't heard of funmum either until last week. But I wrote a bit of a rant about finding maternity clothes on my blog, and one of my friends sent me a link. Apparently she used it a lot on her last pregnancy.

The good thing about all this growing is that I've finally started to get nice strong kicks - yesterday and today I've really been noticing them. It's great. :D

elly123 - I hear you on the trips to the bathroom. All week this week, I seem to be in and out constantly. Pretty much every time I stand up I feel like I need to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Lilbe wrote: »
    Hey girls,

Yesterday did not get any notifications from this forum on my email for some reason and was sure it's all quiet, and logged in today just to find a lot of chat! :)
    Wicklori - don't worry, it's better to measure twice and have peace of mind that everything is ok. Especially your baby was lying on his belly, so probably they just could not get a decent measurement.
    Aniascor - don't even get me started about maternity clothes, I think I moaned enough about it here. Such little choice and as YH says half of them are trashy and the other half is black or stripy as if pregnant women don't want to wear nice patterns. Feels like a pregnancy uniform - stripy short sleeve dress. Short sleeves are another story - it's winter and they still sell summer dresses. Aaaaarrrgh!
    I ordered several dresses from New Look online (have to confess, one is stripy, but the rest are nice bright colours - red and violet, though the cut won't be my first choice, but there is not really much choice), and of course they are all short sleeves, so have to wear them with long sleeved t-shirts (got several of them in Mamas and papas, they had 3 for 2 offer), and by the way Penneys long sleeved t-shirts are good enough as well, they are long enough to cover my belly.
    Mothercare does very comfy jeans, got a pair that goes over tummy, OH laughs at me, as they nearly reach my armpits, but they are comfy and that's all I care about at the moment.
    My baby is very cheaky - he will move around, but once you put your hand on my belly or start looking at it to see the movements, he stops :)
    Wicklori, I will be up to meet, how about next weekend? Southside suits me well, and it would be nice to know each other, when the babies are born they can become friends :)

Hi Lilbe, I can't do next weekend as all of my friends seem to be having relationship dramas at the moment and I need to dispense some rich tea and sympathy! A South Side Saturday would suit me great though-can I come back with another date?:)

Girls thank you all so much for the support. None of my really close friends have children yet so I don't have loads of experienced people to talk to in the real world so the boards world of pregnancy support is great :) And I don't want to worry people either. Bad enough that I have to worry.... (And I am trying very hard not to and to be positive!)

I might have to check out mothercare for some jeans..... I am totally and utterly OVER leggings! I have one pair of skinny jeans my friend got me in Oz (world renowned these jeans are-they are SO comfortable and not that pricey!) and hopefully another pair on the way. Other than that I spend all my life in leggings!

Is anyone else finding it awkward putting on shoes and socks and expecially tights in the mornings???? :rolleyes: Random I know!

Otherwise I can't complain-apart from the complaints :D:D:D

elly123 wrote: »
    Welcome back wicklori - 15 weeks to go wow, time really is flying :)

Try stay positive re: the rescan, i know its easier said than done but been positive is better than thinking the worst and getting yourself into a state and stressing yourself and baby out. The fact they said it usually is nothing and lots of babies have it is reassuring somewhat. We will all be here to support you :)

Awhhh i cant wait to feel loads of movements and kicks, im having movements everyday but only the odd one here and there and they are not very strong, What where your movements like at 21/22 weeks?

I cant get over the lack of maternity wear, there is a serious market for it out there. I wish Pennys did a maternity section. I've been on the topshop and Dorothy perkins websites think im going to order some skinny jeans from them, tops are not too bad im still getting away with wearing some of my own plus a long vest top under blouses is the route im going with leggings but would like jeans for Xmas work meals out, i have 3 in the diary already so want something dressy for them.

Im up for meeting up so just say when :) im free most weekends would ppl prefer pre Xmas or post Xmas im easy for either :)

I was only wandering around penneys the other day thinking the same thing!!!! Why do no 'normal' shops have maternity lines???? I don't want to have to buy every thing onlone-as much as I enjjoy it-not the same experience as going down the shops and looking at things, feeling the material etc etc and of course no girly, friend element to it either......

• Advertisement

wicklori wrote: »
    Hi Lilbe, I can't do next weekend as all of my friends seem to be having relationship dramas at the moment and I need to dispense some rich tea and sympathy! A South Side Saturday would suit me great though-can I come back with another date?:)

Sure, just let me know when. It does not even have to be a Saturday :)
    And yes putting on shoes/boots/tights is awkward! I feel like I'm squashing the baby, imagine this picture, probably completely not relevant, how I saw once mama-pig just lying down on top oh her piglets and they running away squeeking, so imagine myself to be something like that pig when I bend :)
    I don't notice the growth of my belly, probably because I see it every day, but I noticed that my jacket is a bit tighter and OH keeps telling me how huge I am :)

I have the exact same feeling!!!!! Excellent description! Can even nearly hear the squeeking sound.......:D

Flew to penneys in dundrum on my lunch, they have some nice long dressy blouses that will cover the bump. The maternity selection in Next is a joke! I got p'd off about it, so online shopping here i come :)

hi everyone how are you? bumps?
    ohh im getting a bump, its still small but i can see that the baby is gone over the belly button, but i think my baby is super strong cos the kicks are very noticeable.. at work i had one of the kids on my lap for cuddles after nap time and the baby started kicking and the child moved hahaha its like the baby was saying "get off my mammy" hahaha..
    i love my kicks it tell me baby is alright inside there :) funmum.com is expensive but i wouldnt mind the nursing tops :)
    cant wait for january to start buying things for baby.. did anyone see the pic of hugh grant with the breast feeding mum? x

Looked at funmum last night but didnt really see anything different. I tend to wear alot of dresses both casually and for work. There are some nice ones in Nelo and Isabella Oliver but they're sooo expensive. Will see how I go over the next 4 weeks to christmas. I feel very big now....had GP visit this week and she told me I had a 'grand' bump....I felt sure that meant I was huge. I have no idea how the bump develops over the next 3 months...hope it stabilises for a little while else I'll topple over!

Only 10.5 weeks left in work..I actually cannot work.

We think we've decided on our buggy. It's not cheap but it converts to a double later if we need it. http://uppababy.com/products/product.php?id=236

It won best buy on Which so that's reassuring. I dont really have a list of all the things we need to buy. Does anyone else have one?

Hey,

Oh I'm counting weeks to maternity leave and to Christmas as well, I just need to catch up on my sleep! Every night I wake up for the bathroom and then it takes me a while to go back to sleep, don't even remember when was the last time I slept through the night, was it June?
    YH, I made a list, but that's about it :) Nothing is bought and have not even been to the shops :)
    Annettea, my little one was kicking me yesterday when I walked and then stopped. The baby was like - keep walking! :)

good morning :)
    yellow hen- last year i worked for this girl minding 2 kids and she had that buggy :) she lived in the country so that buggy went on rocky stony roads up and down hills you name it, i used that buggy everyday to go walking.. its a grand sturdy buggy its just its a bit heavy with two kids in it but its really manageable.but it gets a bit long with the two children. i even put the older one on the foot stool on it because i didnt know how to put the 2nd seat in it (not that it was hard you just click it in haha but u had to but the 1st seat a bit higher) its strong.. hope that helps :D:D
    lilbe- were in the same boat just the list made , i got few little bits well a sleeping bag and a packet of nappies. ive been told just to buy one pack of size 1 nappies , and some size 2 nappies :):) your baby is like a motivator say "keep walking mammy" :D ;D
    ive been looking at peoples prams around town and they all dont seem to be proper makes but they look good, so i was looking in ebay and its like 220 for a brand new travel system with a nappy bag etc and it looks like most people have them around town :)

Morning, what a miserable morning, but today is my Friday. have tomorrow off for my gp appt. :)
    4 working weeks left to Xmas then I'll have 8 left after Xmas, im planning on working right up to when im physically able if that means working to a couple of days before due date i will as long as i have everything prepared :) which means i'll have 7.5months off after baby comes with the 26 weeks + a week made up from bank holidays and then all my holidays :)

The buggy is fab YH, great that it converts to a double but i personally wont need a double thats for sure hahaha well at least im not planning on needing one! Our main priority was to have a baby, 2nd priority is to get married (date set for 15/3/2014) and our third is to move house before this baby is of school going age so hopefully by end of 2015 early 2016. We want to move closer to work and closer to my mams. After all that is done we will consider another baby and possibly a third (well oh might have something to say about a third :) ) we are lucky in a way that we have plenty of time on our side. Thats the plan but sure we can only see what happens :)

I dont have a list yet, but parents are buying pram and friend is buying us a baby bath and we have moses basket coming from a friend. I'll do a list over Xmas maybe :)

i find i have lots of movement when im eating or drinking :)

Ladies regards sleeping are ya all sleeping on your left side? I always slept on my left up until i got pregnant i find im turning onto my back every night but my subconscious is waking me up to turn back onto my left. I've been using the pillow between my legs worked for awhile but not anymore!

Hi everyone - yeah I agree with you about funmum. Had a proper look at it last night, and thought a lot of the stuff was very expensive for what it was.

No buggy picked out here as yet. We're really torn about it. We had a mothercare My4 last time around and thought it was brilliant. The baby slept great in the pram and later on it was very good being able to switch easily from buggy mode to pram mode. I often did it with him in it!

But we sold that when he was a year old so we could get something lighter. And now we are so used to the light stroller that the thoughts of dealing with a big heavy travel system again just isn't appealing to me. So I've been looking at the Quinny Zapp Xtra, but I'm wondering if I'll regret not having a pram... Hard to know.

Are you sure you can work so close to your due date Elly? Have you fudged your dates on the form to allow you to do that? I think by law you have to finish two weeks before your due date, which the doctor has to sign off on. That's how I remember it from last time anyway.

I alternate sides that I sleep on. I can't sleep on my back - I start to feel queasy if I lie on my back. In the past week, I've started using a wedge pillow for comfort under the bump and a small pillow between my knees. It helps a little big.

I'm sleeping great though - generally don't wake unless the toddler wakes up and needs us. I put it down to the Gentlebirth tracks. Any time I have any difficulty drifting off, I put them on and away I go again. Zzzzzzz! :)

Hello everyone!
    Bit of an uneasy night last night-kept waking up for no reason and going straight back to sleep.....

I have NOTHING bought. Very superstitious and don't want to buy very much. Will have everything ordered and paid for but not in the house. I have explained this to all my family and they would appear to be collecting bits up but I am just not comfortable with buying much. Saw a very sad scenario years ago when I worked in a chemist and couldn't go through it myself....

We have started looking at prams/buggies/travel systems and I have very expensive taste. Would be afraid to even tell you al the one I LOVE as the price is IMMORAL! Might be a slight chance we could get it second hand via friends of friends but it would have to be at a very reduced rate to make it viable!

Had husband on the hands free last night and Junior started kicking like mad! Husband loved it but think it's a bit harder being away than it has been in the past!

I too am hoping to work up until the bitter end if I stay as comfortable and healthy-touch wood- as I am now. I think I wouldn't have a problem encouraging my doctor to reconsider my dates so I could work a bit nearer..... I live down the country and work here in Dublin nearer the hospital anyway.....

• Advertisement

aniascor wrote: »

Are you sure you can work so close to your due date Elly? Have you fudged your dates on the form to allow you to do that? I think by law you have to finish two weeks before your due date, which the doctor has to sign off on. That's how I remember it from last time anyway.

Hey Aniascor, yeah legally you have to take two weeks prior to due date but there is means and ways around it. My boss will allow me work right up and take them at the end. The benefit will start from the two weeks prior to due date and stop after the 26 weeks, it will work itself out! Im practically sitting down most of the day and i'll be training someone else up so wont be doing a hell of lot anyway but sure we'll see how i am nearer the time :)

I bought a pair of work trousers from Funmum yesterday so will see how they are when i get them. I bought jeggings that have the full belly band from Mamas and papas online and then today i bought Jeans and leather look leggings and a dress from Topshop maternity online. Pre preg i was an 8-10 but i went for the 12s in maternity just to be comfortable. Hope they all fit if not i can always return them. Due to have them all by end of next week. :) Overall cost about €180 but i feel its money well spent to be comfortable and hopefully get use out of them again! I wasn't sure about the leather look leggings, i love them pre-preg but was thinking they might be too much for a preg woman but i have xmas dinners booked and i wanted something dressy so think with a long blouse they will be nice. Fingers crossed :)

Just laughing to myself everything i bought is BLACK hahahaha.

wicklori wrote: »
    We have started looking at prams/buggies/travel systems and I have very expensive taste. Would be afraid to even tell you al the one I LOVE as the price is IMMORAL! Might be a slight chance we could get it second hand via friends of friends but it would have to be at a very reduced rate to make it

What travel system are you looking at wicklori? The prices are astronomical but I hope that we will use it so we feel that it's going to be money well spent. I'm trying to be sensible with everything else we buy.

Happy Friday ladies :-) had my gp visit this morning and im apparently having a big baby :eek: baby measuring 24 weeks and im only 22! When doc looked at my OH he said he wasnt surprised baby was big! OH is 6ft 4!! Now im scared. He wants to see me again in 3 weeks evn though im back with consultant in 4 weeks. Got my flu jab aswel he charged me €50 for it which i taught was steep!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

Happy Friday ladies :-) had my gp visit this morning and im apparently having a big baby :eek: baby measuring 24 weeks and im only 22! When doc looked at my OH he said he wasnt surprised baby was big! OH is 6ft 4!! Now im scared. He wants to see me again in 3 weeks evn though im back with consultant in 4 weeks. Got my flu jab aswel he charged me €50 for it which i taught was steep!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

I was with my gp this week and all he did was check my blood pressure, urine and listen to baby's heartbeat. Your's sounds v thorough by comparison. In relation to the baby's size, I've had friends who were told the same and people have said the same on this forum and then gone on to have a very average sized baby. Don't be worrying about it.

Also, €50 for flu jab is alot. You'd almost expect it to be a standardised charge directed by the HSE. I declined to have it after alot of thought.

I also was thinking about flu jab, but then decided not to have it. Last time I had flu was more than 10 years ago, hopefully will get through this winter without it either - will eat a lot of garlic and lemons and manuka honey to boost the immune system :)
    At first I wanted to get it, and called my GP, and they advised that I get it from a nurse, who comes in for a couple of hours, probably just to do the jabs, and it's cheaper with the nurse, €30

The gp just took my bp checked my urine and examined my bump. Didn't hear heartbeat this time although heard it last time we were there! It didn't bother me that we didn't hear HB because I could feel movement. Had lots of it last night, OH felt baby move for the first time. We got 3 kicks in a row :-) we were delighted. He said when he could feel baby it would make it more real for him.

My gp doesn't have a nurse in his surgery so didn't have that option. I opted for flu jab due to previous illnesses although I've never had flu I do have a low immune so after some research I decided to have it.

I really think I've got a case of OCD I'm scrubbing the house all day I've even washed all the dogs blankets, towels, bed even her after her walk,hoovered all downstairs then swept the floors and I've mopped the floors 3 or 4 times, cleaned out the fridge and cleaned counter tops about 6 times with surface cleaner!! Seriously I can only imagine what I'll be like with a baby in the house aswel!!

I really think I've got a case of OCD I'm scrubbing the house all day I've even washed all the dogs blankets, towels, bed even her after her walk,hoovered all downstairs then swept the floors and I've mopped the floors 3 or 4 times, cleaned out the fridge and cleaned counter tops about 6 times with surface cleaner!! Seriously I can only imagine what I'll be like with a baby in the house aswel!!

wish you'd come and clean my house....I'm allergic to cleaning at the minute. Girls, 25 weeks came and I am officially now HUGE. After being so concerned at the lack of growth, now I'm worried that I'm growing at a rate unknown to woman! Think I seriously need to cut back on the sugar and junkfood or this baby will be humongous!

We intended to look at buggies again this weekend but couldnt actually face it so we just broswed around the shops instead. Bought this for the carseat, a friend has one and they are so toasty and saves trying to cover a baby in coats and jackets. http://eurobabynursery.com/ie/product/wallaboo/newborn-black-footmuff

Started making a list of things to buy at the weekend...OH got a shock when he seen the length of it....to be fair, I was including little things like breast pads, sponges etc.

We start our antenatal next week, really looking forward to it. Also have Physio too. :)

The cleaning is starting to worry me, i scrubbed the house Saturday and then did the same again yesterday, then made the dinner and cleaned again! I went up to my room at 9.30 and cleared out my whole wardrobe of what fits and what doesn't. I did the same with my work wardrobe! Everything that doesn't fit was folded up and put away. It took me over two hours to do it. I was left with 4 pairs of leggings which i recently bought and two pairs of jeans that fit my legs and are comfortable with the bellyband. Work wise only my maternity trousers fit and then ive 3 dresses. Ive still plenty of tops that fit over the bump.

I have had a very active baby over the weekend, it was great. Some days i feel huge others im like where is my big bump gone!! hahaha.

The cleaning thing is worrying me, im thinking am i gonna be like this when the baby arrives, am i gonna be worse, will i get PND due to wanting the house spotless all the time!

Are any of you watching LOVE/HATE? I watched season 1 & 2 without a bother but after the last 2 episodes of Season 3 I refused to watch it last night and i wont watch it again! Think its the hormones, i have had bad nightmares after both episodes! Im too fragile to be dealing with the nightmares!!! :)

yellow hen wrote: »
    We intended to look at buggies again this weekend but couldnt actually face it so we just broswed around the shops instead. Bought this for the carseat, a friend has one and they are so toasty and saves trying to cover a baby in coats and jackets. http://eurobabynursery.com/ie/product/wallaboo/newborn-black-footmuff

That looks soooo cosy i'll have to have a look at them once i get the carseat!

• Advertisement

Elly, you are nesting! :)
    I wish I had your enthusiasm - was supposed to clean yesterday, but met friends for a brunch in the morning, and by the time I was ready to do cleaning was already 4pm and grey and rainy and looked like night, so I decided that I was tired and cleaning can wait till next weekend :)

Girls, can anyone explain to me, why sometimes I don't get notifications about posts on this forum? They would normally come every time somebody posts here, but sometimes (like now) they just don't come and I check and there are several posts...Annoying!

Advertisement