Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Lilbe wrote: »
    Elly, you are nesting! :)
    I wish I had your enthusiasm - was supposed to clean yesterday, but met friends for a brunch in the morning, and by the time I was ready to do cleaning was already 4pm and grey and rainy and looked like night, so I decided that I was tired and cleaning can wait till next weekend :)

Girls, can anyone explain to me, why sometimes I don't get notifications about posts on this forum? They would normally come every time somebody posts here, but sometimes (like now) they just don't come and I check and there are several posts...Annoying!

not sure Lilbe. I don't use the instant notifications so not sure how reliable they are generally.

This day 4 weeks is Christmas Eve....can't wait. Last peaceful Christmas for us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Exciting day for us yesterday girls. Had my anomaly scan. All is good with baby. Measuring almost a week small but it used to be the same on my last pregnancy so I'm not worried about that.

The big news for us was that we found out we are having a little girl!! Can't believe it. Was so sure we were having a boy. I just feel so similar to last time. Goes to show you never can tell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

aniascor wrote: »
    Exciting day for us yesterday girls. Had my anomaly scan. All is good with baby. Measuring almost a week small but it used to be the same on my last pregnancy so I'm not worried about that.

The big news for us was that we found out we are having a little girl!! Can't believe it. Was so sure we were having a boy. I just feel so similar to last time. Goes to show you never can tell!!

Big congrats aniascor thats fantastic news. I will know this time 4 weeks what we're having cant wait now. The envelope is still sealed both ends and neither of us have even taught about it, we're both so convinced its a boy and we have our name for a boy so we've been calling bump by that name we'll both be shocked if its a girl and we'll have to get our thinking hats on for names :D

I got an email from the Coombe this morning only sent my form back by email yesterday for the antenatal classes and im booked in to start 15th January. I missed out on the physio classes as they are all booked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hi everyone hows bumps?? Oh aniscor (cud b spelt wrong) congrats on ur news? Are u delighted? Now you'll have a boy and a girl and its great u can buy new clothes and the amazing girl clothes..
    Is everyone doing the ante-natal classes, i dont want to ask work for time off for them since i only started a month ago, also i got full time work till march :) and i can bring baby to work with me in september for half nothing. Well hopefully anyway :)
    you looking forward to christmas elly?? Cant wait till next christmas :) xx

@elly, make sure to ask to be put on the cancellation list for physio. I was and got a call to say they could fit me in now.

@annetta, the Coombe do a one day antenatal on a sat. Maybe your hosp does this too?

Today I've started to get sharpish pains in my vaginal area. Just wondering if this is a form of braxton hicks or contractions? Have no idea what they should feel like!

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    @elly, make sure to ask to be put on the cancellation list for physio. I was and got a call to say they could fit me in now.

I missed a call from them on Monday and the lady left a voice mail to say she would put me on the cancellation list so hopefully i might get something.

YH- i had a read on the pregnancy thread that some women had Braxton hicks maybe they could share some light as to what they might feel like!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Great news! And a little girl-aw......

I had another scan-review of anaomoly scan on monday because they couldn't see babs' heart and face properly at the first one-got GREAT face shots! SO cute! She gave us 4D photos to take home and they are lovely!

On the plus-heart looks good, and face whatever they look for there. The brain measurement we are worried about measured exactly the same (which two weeks later is good news) so I was a much relieved mam-to-be coming out! My Dad came with me as husband is away and she was like-"now-there's your grandchild" Needless to say my Dad was beside himself!!!!

OH dying to get home I think. Feels like loads has happened in the 10 days he has been away. I think the bump has grown a lot and the amount of movement is CRAZY.....

Yellow Hen how's the pain? Hear a lot of talk of these Braxton Hicks..... I got a massive stitch walking to work this morning-became EXTREMELY difficult to walk but had to struggle on.....

Are the physio classes routine or indicated by something? No mention to me....

My friend was filling me in on labour at the weekend-all the stuff no one tells you-and now I know why no one tells you.....

Wicklori - That's fantastic news delighted to hear all was great with the scan review, i bet it was such a weight off your shoulders. As far as I know they look for cleft lip on the face. I know the sonographer had to tap on my tummy a couple of times to try get baby to move so she could get a clear look at the lips and nose.

I can only imagine how your dad felt looking at his grandchild, i'd say it was amazing for him as im sure the scanning equipment is streets ahead of what it was back when we were born!

I am feeling lots and lots of movement, i know when baby is awake and asleep. My OH has tapped my tummy a couple of times to see if baby will react but i stop him if i know baby is asleep and tell him not to be waking the baby :D:D

Ohhh Christmas FM is back on the radio as of this morning, have it on here in work, nice start to a cold day......oh how i love Xmas, its the one time of year that you can really enjoy your time off without the hassle of work emails or work related stuff.

Anettea - my ante natal classes are 6.30 to 8pm so i dont need to take time off work, like YH said you should ring and see if there is classes you can attend outside of working hours.

Wicklori, you must have been delighted to have the scan and know that everything is alright. I wouldnt have that sort of relationship with my dad and I think its so lovely that you do and he can be a little part of this.

Im 26 weeks tomorrow and I feel about 40. The bump is finally beginning to feel heavy and alot of walking or climbing stairs now is sore and exhausting. You are all probably coming into the same thing soon. Wicklori, I think you and I are the same dates pretty much.

Nothing else has changed really. I think Im ust counting down to christmas and then after that, it's a home straight for us all!

Wicklori, you must have been delighted to have the scan and know that everything is alright. I wouldnt have that sort of relationship with my dad and I think its so lovely that you do and he can be a little part of this.

Im 26 weeks tomorrow and I feel about 40. The bump is finally beginning to feel heavy and alot of walking or climbing stairs now is sore and exhausting. You are all probably coming into the same thing soon. Wicklori, I think you and I are the same dates pretty much.

Nothing else has changed really. I think Im ust counting down to christmas and then after that, it's a home straight for us all!

You are quite right YH-I am 25 weeks and 4 days ;) Stokke is the travel system I am currently drooling over-but it won't be happening...... :( Just can't justify that expense!

I'm afraid despite my years I am still very much 'Daddy's girl'! We are quite similar so understand each other's perspectives well. Don't get me wrong, I am close to my Mam too and she has been great during pregnancy....

Husband is BACK! I am a happy woman! He has a little bit of colour aswell which is nice on this freezing cold morning. Only saw him for a few mins to swap cars and now I'm not finished work til7 :( Dying for a cuddle!

• Advertisement

Glad to hear the husband is back wicklori, it's lonely when they're gone. If you're growing at a similar rate to me, I'll bet he notices huge changes in you!

The stokke system is lovely, we're still hovering around the bugaboo. I'm trying to convince my husband to look at second hand systems so we still get what we want without so spending too much. I do not want to completely compromise on the buggy we want.

Happy Friday ladies and bumps hope your all keeping well :):) I am in super form today for some reason! I started the 10 Min prenatal pilates at home on Tuesday and i did it again last night. Im doing two 10 Min sections they are handy enough but my god i have v.little flexibility so im gonna work on that. Baby seems to sleep while im doing it but wakes as soon as i sit down after it. I get lots of kicks :) if i can stick to it at least 3 times a week with a long walk during the week i'll be a very happy camper!

Wicklori glad to hear hubby is back and hope you got lots of cuddles last night ;):)

Think i will put up my Xmas tree on Sunday what ya think ladies, is it a bit early?? :confused::confused: Im really getting into the spirit of it all now :D. 12 full working days left in work and i have soooooooooooo much work to do, my days are flying in! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey girls how are you?
    The baby was keeping me awake on Sat night - he did these very strong kicks, was impossible to sleep. But I love the kicks :)
    Also read this article today - http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/sienna-miller-admits-she-would-love-to-give-birth-a-million-times-again-3311189.html - I feel exactly the same, it's fascinating that there is a new life growing inside my body and I created it! Hope I wll enjoy the childbirth too, as she did :)

Hopefully you will Lilbe. I did and I'm looking forward to doing it again - although I don't say that out loud in real life too often because people tend to look at you like you're mad.

It's an amazing experience though when everything goes well.

Hopefully you will Lilbe. I did and I'm looking forward to doing it again - although I don't say that out loud in real life too often because people tend to look at you like you're mad.

It's an amazing experience though when everything goes well.

Aniascor how many do you have? Starting to hear so many tales of "the truth" that I'm happy to hear people like you be so positive :)

I've woken up a couple of times because of kicks too-it's wierd-you're not exactly sure what has woken you but you know something has :)

Was in Mamas and Papas at the weekend..... SCARY! All costs so much-so much to consider.......... EEkkkkk. But going to keep on keepin' on for now :D

Oh and-how could I forget! I got STUCK getting out of the car on sunday!!!! You know when you are parked in a tight space and can usually squeeze out-well no-I couldn't squeeze out-had a horrible moment of being stuck but got back in and moved!! Lesson learned!! :D:D:D

Just one wicklori. I've written his birth story before if you want to read a positive birth story: http://mama.ie/the-birth-of-little-man-part-2/

I did a lot of prep before the birth and I think that helped - pregnancy yoga for breathing and relaxation techniques, Gentlebirth for more relaxation, positive attitude and knowledge of what was going to happen, and acupressure for pain relief. Used all of them on the night my son was born.

I've been a bit lax on the practice this time around but I'm hoping the fact that I've done it before and know I can do it will help. :)

As for getting stuck getting out of the car - think that happens to everyone at some stage during pregnancy!!

Morning girls, how are you all doing? It;s so cold this morning and my coat barely closes anymore. I bought a parka which will fit the bump for another while but it's a bit too casual with my work clothes. Might have to get another coat :( Might just try a big size from pennys first.

I started to fill in my social welfare form this morning. Have any of you done yours yet? Is it your consultant who signed it?

I had my first physio class yest, it was good..learned all about the joys of pregnancy...incontinence, collapsed pelvic floors! Ah no, it was good but whether I practice the exercises we were shown has yet to be seen!

Wicklori, I went for brunch with friends last Saturday and had to ask one of the girls to change seats with me, as my original seat was too tight and I could not fit! :)
    But I love having big belly :)

Yellow Hen, I filled my form apart from the doctor bit, as have an appointment next week and will get him to sign it then. I'm only seeing a consultant, so will just get him to sign it. There is a part in the form about children (how many children you claim for), it confused me as I was not sure if the baby inside my belly counts as a child, so emailed them and they replied that you only count already born children. Just to let you know in case this part confuses you too :)

Lilbe wrote: »
    Yellow Hen, I filled my form apart from the doctor bit, as have an appointment next week and will get him to sign it then. I'm only seeing a consultant, so will just get him to sign it. There is a part in the form about children (how many children you claim for), it confused me as I was not sure if the baby inside my belly counts as a child, so emailed them and they replied that you only count already born children. Just to let you know in case this part confuses you too :)

Thanks Lilbe, I guessed it was previous children but I'd agree, it's not particularly clear. I need to get my work to sign it but my boss still hasnt signed off on my internal leave form. I work for a HUGE company so everything takes a decade! I officially have 9 weeks left in work...am wrecking my husbands head telling him...am obviously in denial that I will be minding a new born when I'm off :p

• Advertisement

Hahaha Yellow Hen I must be in denial as well! But minding baby will be a completely different job, no deadlines, no reports, and I'm sure we will enjoy it :)

Morning :)

I got a bit of a fright at the weekend after having lots of movement all week i had nothing for about 30hrs or so if not more between friday and saturday i was worried but i had read that it was normal but it still worried me, then the little rascal decided to let me know they were there late Saturday evening and normal kicking resumed thankfully. :)

I have the forms printed but havent even looked at them yet will get around to it!!

I collected our swing chair for baby last night from a friend, the frame is a tad big but its brilliant. Its the first baby thing we have in the house. When i brought it home my OH was like Holys**t i think i just got a reality check in the last 5mins :D:D we are going to do a massive clear out of everything after Xmas and hopefully get rid of our suite of furniture from our conservatory so we can use that as a storage room for Pram and that. We're going to try get our dog into a routine aswel that she is outside for most of the day and that she's allowed come in, in the evening time and she'll sleep inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hi everyone how are yee? Bumps?
    Oh my god elly i knew how u felt about the kicks i didnt have much kick throughout last week and than at the weekend i got them back again.. Huge relief.. Think the baby could have been in a place where we couldnt feel kicks?
    Also during the night i woke up to baby kicking..
    Oh everyone your all organised. Only 16 weeks left of being pregnant hopefully anyway :) yellow hen and wicklori your less.. Ahh its getting exciting.. I got baby gros and vests at the weekend..

annettea wrote: »
    hi everyone how are yee? Bumps?
    Oh my god elly i knew how u felt about the kicks i didnt have much kick throughout last week and than at the weekend i got them back again.. Huge relief.. Think the baby could have been in a place where we couldnt feel kicks?
    Also during the night i woke up to baby kicking..
    Oh everyone your all organised. Only 16 weeks left of being pregnant hopefully anyway :) yellow hen and wicklori your less.. Ahh its getting exciting.. I got baby gros and vests at the weekend..

My little one is kicking like a lunatic these days. Back with consultant next week so will be interested to see how bubs is positioned. My tiredness seems to be returning. Not sure if that is normal going into the third trimester. Feel and look like crap though....glowing my butt!!!

YH- an old wives tale if your feeling and looking crap..... it's the signs of a girl :-) apparently girls steal their mammys beauty during pregnancy :-D I love all the old wives tales and the guessing etc. only 21 more sleeps until our envelope is opened :-) will be shocked if its not a boy but will be over joyed regardless of sex :-)

elly123 wrote: »
    YH- an old wives tale if your feeling and looking crap..... it's the signs of a girl :-) apparently girls steal their mammys beauty during pregnancy :-D I love all the old wives tales and the guessing etc. only 21 more sleeps until our envelope is opened :-) will be shocked if its not a boy but will be over joyed regardless of sex :-)

I think it's so exciting to be opening that envelope in 20 days. I think at this stage, we'll just hang on. Hoping in the January sales to pick up all the newborn vests and babygrows we'll need. If they're not in the sales, it doesnt matter, we werent in a hurry anyways.

Things like cots and monitors, we're just going to wait and buy them after the baby arrives as we wont need either immediately. I am really beginning to feel the weight and pressure of this baby now. It's not bad yet but I'm definitely more aware that I'm carrying the extra weight. I need to get something dressy to get me through the christmas. was thinking of this with some skinny jeans. What do you think? http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-sequin-top/s0010174/type-s/

the top is gorgeous YH, would be perfect with Skinny jeans. I bought black skinny maternity jeans from Topshop on-line they are sooo comfy. ordered them on a Thursday and had them the following Monday, i got skinny jeggings from mamas and papas online ordered on the wednesday and had them the Monday aswel. I saw a gorgeous jumper from M&P in the store and said id treat myself with it for christmas but the more i think about it, its 70euro and i could get two tops for that on topshop online. I never buy clothes in regular topshop as i found there jeans weren't made for women with any sort of a bum but i have to say the maternity jeans i got are perfect.

I am starting to feel the weight at night, i cant stay on my left as i start to get pain in my hip and it wakes me up, i noticed i was in and out of sleep throughout the night due to the fact i was a little uncomfortable my back gets sore if im lying on that for awhle aswel. Like you YH its not really bad but im dreading to think what it'll be like in a couple of weeks. Must invest in some more pillows :)

We're leaving all the buying stuff until after Xmas we're gonna sort everything out then. i dont want the house to be full of baby stuff too early but i do want to have everything organised so that its all ready for when baby arrives and i know where everything is when i come home from hosp with baby :)

Coombe just rang me they have a cancellation for 3 physio classes in Feb so im booked in :)

elly123 wrote: »
    Coombe just rang me they have a cancellation for 3 physio classes in Feb so im booked in :)

If two of them are the 11th and 18th Elly, we'll be in the same class I'd say!

• Advertisement

If two of them are the 11th and 18th Elly, we'll be in the same class I'd say!

Im the 12th and 19th at 2.15pm. I actually need to ring her back as she gave me 3 dates the first is a Monday and the second two are Tuesdays so i will ring closer the time to double check they are the correct dates. How long do they last do you know?

Advertisement