Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ah I'm the day before you in both cases then. I had my first class last monday and it lasted just over 2 hours. There was hassle for people trying to get parked at that time so maybe just park down in Lidl. The class itself was grand, if not a tad long...I couldnt stop yawning during it.

Hi girls, how you all doing? Been quiet here lately!

Went into town yest to try get some clothes for christmas...honestly I found nothing! Why do the shops think that pregnant women like polyester??? Everything I picked up felt so trashy! I ended up coming home and trying on my regular black skinny jeans...they're v tight but with the belly band and a good black vest top to to cover them, I think they with some tops will see me through the nights out. Only 12.5 weeks to go now :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey girls,

I guess I'm lucky - I have 2 dressy dresses:) One bought back in September in Mamas and Papas, was reduced from €60 to €19, was a crime not to buy it. The second one came out of the blue - a friend of a friend heard that I was pregnant and gave to me her dressy dress - lacy black dress with a red ribbon, very nice. Guess she wanted to get rid of that dress as she's not planning on any more pregnancies and it was just lucky that I got it :)

But clothes for maternity are a disaster. If I wanted to start a business that would be the area where I would start it - definetely an empty niche in the market, and there is a baby boom going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Morning :)

Girls I got a skinny pair of jeans/jeggings from Mama's and papas online think they cost €40 and they are soooo comfy had them on both Sat and Sunday, they are the bands that come up over the belly. I got a size bigger and for the first time in awhile i was able to say my jeans are a little big :) so i can see them lasting me till the end. I had them within 5 days of ordering and that included the weekend.

My goodness its cold out!!

I was out yesterday with my mam and everyone was asking where my bump was and telling me how neat I was. I just hope it stays like that. I may look like ive a small neat bump but the scales is telling a different story!! :eek:

elly123 wrote: »
    I was out yesterday with my mam and everyone was asking where my bump was and telling me how neat I was. I just hope it stays like that. I may look like ive a small neat bump but the scales is telling a different story!! :eek:

Lucky you! I had a work meeting today and a colleague told me I was very big...in fact 'very wide' was one of the phrases used! To be fair, I have gotten quite big in the past fortnight but I'm 28 weeks so I think I should be obviously pregnant by now!

I feel like I'm getting a cold today as well, have sore scratchy throat and totally stuffed up too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Hi everyone,

My throat is feeling a bit scratchy and sore as well. Hoping I'm not getting sick for Christmas.

Tiredness has hit me with a bang this week. I can barely keep my eyes open. So glad Christmas is around the corner and a few days off to go with it. I think I need the break.

I have gone from having nothing to wear to having loads of maternity clothes. One of my friends donated all her mat clothes to me - she said she's definitely done now after her second. And I found a great selection in H&M, so I stocked up on leggings, dresses, jeans and tops that do for maternity or breastfeeding.

My bump can't seem to decide whether she is big or small. She is moving around a lot, so some days it looks like I have barely any bump, and the next day, she'll be lying transverse and I'll feel stretched and massive! Right now I feel full to the brim, like I've eaten all around me!

aniascor wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My throat is feeling a bit scratchy and sore as well. Hoping I'm not getting sick for Christmas.

Tiredness has hit me with a bang this week. I can barely keep my eyes open. So glad Christmas is around the corner and a few days off to go with it. I think I need the break.

I have gone from having nothing to wear to having loads of maternity clothes. One of my friends donated all her mat clothes to me - she said she's definitely done now after her second. And I found a great selection in H&M, so I stocked up on leggings, dresses, jeans and tops that do for maternity or breastfeeding.

My bump can't seem to decide whether she is big or small. She is moving around a lot, so some days it looks like I have barely any bump, and the next day, she'll be lying transverse and I'll feel stretched and massive! Right now I feel full to the brim, like I've eaten all around me!

I have totally migrated to a maternity wardrobe now but I find that the maternity dresses I wear to work make me look huge :eek: Just the style of fitting etc automatically makes you look bigger!

I'm back with consultant this Thursday morning for my 28wk check so I'm hoping he might tell me what way the baby is lying. Have to do my GT test too :(.. not looking forward to that. Have a meeting in work at lunchtime so will be in a mad rush to get back for that.

I had lots of movement the last two or three days and was thinking baby might be going through a bit of a growth spurt because i didn't feel well at all, ive started to get indigestion, and i'd a bit of a headache yesterday, literally went home had something to eat had a shower and was in bed by 9. Still not feeling great, feel like i could just burst into tears at any stage aswel!

i have a feeling baby is transverse especially in the evening time as i feel like im gonna explode when i try take deep breaths its not a nice feeling at all. I think we're at the start of the uncomfortable stage :(

Everyone's bumps are all different shapes and sizes, i met a girl on sat who is a week behind me and her bump was tiny and then i met a girl due a week before me and her bump was the complete opposite she was much bigger and wider i felt i was somewhere in the middle of them both, but its amazing how quick the shape and size change. I don't think i'd have the balls to tell anyone they were huge or 'very wide' even if i taught it, unless of course it was one of my good friends. Sure my own friends and family have told me my bum is huge even my dad has said it hahaha but i dont think id be impressed of just anyone said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

Hello!
    I'm new to the thread but also due in March. Nice to meet y'all!! hmmmm, how do u do those colourful smiley faces?!! 28 weeks tomorrow. I'm on the Domino scheme, not sure how I feel about it tbh... And hoping for a Home Birth with a water pool. Yup, first time preggers... Been reading a few of all your posts, so funny to read things that are so similar to what I'm feeling :-) loads of movement here too! was at docs y'day and she said baby was quite small and maybee to go to Holles St for an extra scan... Yes, it's a SHE! found out at 21 week scan in Holles St. Also, have only had one midwife app and one doc app... seem to be just left to it here... But that's fine for me cause I feel totally fine.... touch wood, LOL!!!
    Well, nice to meet you all and hope I can join in !!! Thanks for all your wee bits and bobs so far :-)

Elly, I think mine bubs is transverse alot of the time too. The head is always on my right and the kicks and movements tend to be from my public bone up long my left side. I am beginning to feel alot of pressure on my uturus now..not all the time but its definitely a feeling I've never had before.

@ caramelbarrel, welcome to the thread. Are you with the domino scheme in the coombe or holles st? I'd have liked to have availed of this too but I was too nervous on my first baby. I'm just two days behind you and due on the 9th March. Time's just flying by!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hello everyone! Caramelbarrel-welcome aboard!

Well, spent the whole morning at the hospital yesterday-GD test, midwife, scan and consultant. Got GREAT news, the measurement we had all the stress over has reduced and baby is now measuring perfectly on target!!!! I was so relieved! I didn't even realise how much I had been carrying it with me I think.
    GD test is a whole new form of torture! Thought I was going to faint between the hunger and the blood giving by the time we got to second bloods!
    Midwife was exceptionally nice! Really clicked with her and hope I meet her again.
    Consultant was great as always. Signed my fit-to-fly form for NYC so it's full steam ahead now!
    Speaking of which-they better have nice maternity stuff over there!!! My friend very kindly brought me back two pairs of skinny jeans from my favourite jeans shop-skinny black ones, and they are the best ever-big wide band up to my boobs-will not under any circumstances fall down! Unlike my Mama's & Papa's ones which are hanging off me :-( Would love some nice dressy, proper fitting tops though! Is that too much to ask?? Really?? Apparently though, having asked around, a lot of women don't like spending money on mat clothes and that may be why there is such a poor selection? Like the rest of you guys I think there is a definite gap in the market.....
    By the way ladies-Dunnes have a good few different long jumpers in at the moment-reasonably priced aswell....
    We had OH Christmas party-one of them-on saturday night and I was delighted with myself-got into a pre-bump dress and I like to think looked pretty good! Got the hair up and felt brilliant! Managed to stay out til 2am and everything! Two more nights this weekend so hopefully they will go as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

wicklori wrote: »

Well, spent the whole morning at the hospital yesterday-GD test, midwife, scan and consultant. Got GREAT news, the measurement we had all the stress over has reduced and baby is now measuring perfectly on target!!!! I was so relieved! I didn't even realise how much I had been carrying it with me I think.
    GD test is a whole new form of torture! Thought I was going to faint between the hunger and the blood giving by the time we got to second bloods!
    Midwife was exceptionally nice! Really clicked with her and hope I meet her again.
    Consultant was great as always. Signed my fit-to-fly form for NYC so it's full steam ahead now!
    Speaking of which-they better have nice maternity stuff over there!!! My friend very kindly brought me back two pairs of skinny jeans from my favourite jeans shop-skinny black ones, and they are the best ever-big wide band up to my boobs-will not under any circumstances fall down! Unlike my Mama's & Papa's ones which are hanging off me :-( Would love some nice dressy, proper fitting tops though! Is that too much to ask?? Really?? Apparently though, having asked around, a lot of women don't like spending money on mat clothes and that may be why there is such a poor selection? Like the rest of you guys I think there is a definite gap in the market.....
    By the way ladies-Dunnes have a good few different long jumpers in at the moment-reasonably priced aswell....
    We had OH Christmas party-one of them-on saturday night and I was delighted with myself-got into a pre-bump dress and I like to think looked pretty good! Got the hair up and felt brilliant! Managed to stay out til 2am and everything! Two more nights this weekend so hopefully they will go as well.....

sorry to butt in- im such a snooper! if you go to america, look for motherhood maternity...i think they have stores around the place, I know some department stores will carry thier line. They are the business! I have three pairs of pants from them...big huge wide band that goes up to the top, no waistband to cut you off...I have worn them from the moment my regular pants stopped fitting and at 39+4 they are still the most comfortable things I own. wash great and dont shrink or fade. I was going to order more online but shipping and duties would have tripled the cost of the pants! I also got a load of maternity t-shirts which have fit and looked great the entire time (I bought some maternity camisoles to wear under them which still fit as well!) The clothes are priced really good and wash really well and are so versitile! I can't say enough good things about them! I would bother with thier sweaters or nicer tops though (i.e. not cotton) because i found they didn't grow as well with me and I only got one wear out of a nicer top before it stopped fitting the bump! My only regret was not buying one more pair of jeans than I got!

Rachineire wrote: »
    sorry to butt in- im such a snooper! if you go to america, look for motherhood maternity...i think they have stores around the place, I know some department stores will carry thier line. They are the business! I have three pairs of pants from them...big huge wide band that goes up to the top, no waistband to cut you off...I have worn them from the moment my regular pants stopped fitting and at 39+4 they are still the most comfortable things I own. wash great and dont shrink or fade. I was going to order more online but shipping and duties would have tripled the cost of the pants! I also got a load of maternity t-shirts which have fit and looked great the entire time (I bought some maternity camisoles to wear under them which still fit as well!) The clothes are priced really good and wash really well and are so versitile! I can't say enough good things about them! I would bother with thier sweaters or nicer tops though (i.e. not cotton) because i found they didn't grow as well with me and I only got one wear out of a nicer top before it stopped fitting the bump! My only regret was not buying one more pair of jeans than I got!

Rach you are a legend!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Rach you are a legend!!!!! :D:D:D

awww shucks :o:o

hey guys!
    Yellow Hen I haven't heard 'bubs' yet, LOL! that's a cute one... well, mine bubs also seems to often have her head to the right!! although half the time she seems to be doing blooming Cirque Du Soleil in there!!! Started stuffing myself since being to the doctor on Monday and she saying the baby is quite small for 27 weeks... hmmmm... nutrition.... hard to cook though when you're kind of knackered! have to get on top of it!

Yea, Holles St Domino, I went to see the midwife in Wicklow... it was ok, was a bit disappointed as was a bit of a rushed feeling but I'm hoping it was just like that for the first app. Next one is Jan and one of the midwives will come to my house cause I'm planning a homebirth, so will see then what the majory is...

Time sure is a flyin'! Can't believe - nearly 7 months! Whoa... I'm due 12th/13th March...

Thanks for the welcome Wicklori!! I've also just got my Fit to Fly letter and am heading off to Lanzarote next week for a last holiday pre motherhood, LOL! Can't wait for a bit of sun.... Haven't bought much maternity gear - just jeans and leggins from H&M's and I live in the leggins cause they are more comfy... then jut throw on a few of the baggy-er tops that I already had... :-) Can't believe you managed to stay up till 2am... WOW!!!.... Go you..... !!!

I have mine tomorrow and am not looking forward to it :( have consultants appt after the first set of bloods so hopefully that'll distract me for a while! Re maternity clothes, I looked in NY in sept and didn't see anything but then I had no bump and its hard to imagine what'll work for you later on. Am dead jealous of you heading off there. You too caramel barrel, a hotel now sounds like heaven!!

You'll survive the test yellow hen! I like you had a few appts to keep me occupied, but definitely bring a book and food!!! Not sure if it'll be the same for you but I had to set a timer on my phone to make sure I went back to get the bloods done EXACTLY on the hour each time. It seems to be quite a precise thing.
    Holding out for Sunday now I can tell ya! Between his exams assignments, his work, my work and trying to buy this house our heads are melted!! Poor babs doesn't get a look in :)

What is a GD test guys?? Never heard of that :-(

What is a GD test guys?? Never heard of that :-(
    Gestational Diabetes test.... I know-something new every day!!

Oh !!
    Ok !!
    Right !!
    (That's me in shock - learning something really new!!! tee hee! )

• Advertisement

Oh !!
    Ok !!
    Right !!
    (That's me in shock - learning something really new!!! tee hee! )

I've had two blood tests so just waiting on the last one now. It's actually been ok so far, the lucozade has given me bad heartburn though :(

Just something that came up with consultant this morn and would be interested if anyone else is told this. Apparently, the hse has recommended that women get the whooping cough vaccine around 32weeks to protect their baby in its first few months. I've been to to ask for this at my next gp appt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

yellow hen wrote: »
    I've had two blood tests so just waiting on the last one now. It's actually been ok so far, the lucozade has given me bad heartburn though :(

Just something that came up with consultant this morn and would be interested if anyone else is told this. Apparently, the hse has recommended that women get the whooping cough vaccine around 32weeks to protect their baby in its first few months. I've been to to ask for this at my next gp appt..

I'm butting in a bit here (due in June) but thanks for this advice! I was reading an article about it the other day, about how many young babies have died in the UK and I was wanting to ask for the vaccine. Was worried they didn't do it here but going to ask my doctor now when the time comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

thats interesting yellowhen,I know I didn't get it as a child as at the time it had just come out and my mom said there was worries over it.I was born in 1980,so a lot of women having there children now probably don't have the vaccine,maybe that is why they are reccomending it.I think I would have to be convinced to take it myself!!

meggysmom wrote: »
    thats interesting yellowhen,I know I didn't get it as a child as at the time it had just come out and my mom said there was worries over it.I was born in 1980,so a lot of women having there children now probably don't have the vaccine,maybe that is why they are reccomending it.I think I would have to be convinced to take it myself!!

I think the mothers immunity status is irrelevant. Not even sure an adult can get any form of whooping cough. It's about a newborn having no immunity so if they vaccinate the mum now, the vaccine will be passed to the growing foetus. Would be interested to hear if anyone else is told this. Consultant said the recommendation only came from the hse last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

I think the mothers immunity status is irrelevant. Not even sure an adult can get any form of whooping cough. It's about a newborn having no immunity so if they vaccinate the mum now, the vaccine will be passed to the growing foetus. Would be interested to hear if anyone else is told this. Consultant said the recommendation only came from the hse last weekend.

Yes that makes sense,similar to the flu vaccine I suppose.Does that mean then that the baby will not get whooping cough vaccine when they are older?Must do some research and ask the doc next week:)

I must ask my GP about this, did consultant say anything about having to pay for it?

Welcome aboard Caramelbarrel :)

My baba defo likes scaring me, we had another quiet day on Tuesday, i dont like when baba is quiet, much prefer to feel all the movements. Its like i get days and days of acrobats twisting and turning and kicking and punching and then i get a day and a half of nothing and it scares me a little anyone else get this?

Thanks Elly!! :-) (still haven't worked out how to do the colourful smily faces!)
    My wee girl is the same, sometimes feels like she is running - at top speed - on a thread mill in there!! I'm like WTblah is going on in there??!!$%$^%^&^^%@^&* LoL! And then she is quiet for a day... And then running like crazy again!!!

Wicklori, did you find travel Insurance that covers pregnancy past 28 weeks?

I've to go for an extra scan as the doctor said she thought bump and baby were quiet small for nearly 7 months preggers... I'm sure it's completely normal... these docs tend to be overly cautious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Elly, don't worry - the baby need to sleep too, he can't just do his acrobatics 24/7! :)

• Advertisement

Lilbe wrote: »
    Elly, don't worry - the baby need to sleep too, he can't just do his acrobatics 24/7! :)

Awh I know, I don't mind the quietness and then the odd kick to let me know all is OK. I just get a bit worried when I go a full day without feeling anything!

I know a girl from a few years ago didn't feel her baby move and left it for 10 days before going to the hospital and when she did go baby had died, cord had choked baby and things like that just play on my mind.

There is no way in hell no i'd wait 10 days tho. If i didnt feel anything for two days after trying the oul reliable cold fizzy drinks i would rather be over cautious and contact the hosp than not do anything!

The cold sparkling water seems to help tho :)

OHHH and Lilbe i just realised you called baba a he :D:D im convinced its a boy. Only 12 more sleeps until i open the envelope :)

Advertisement