Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Thanks Elly!! :-) (still haven't worked out how to do the colourful smily faces!)
    My wee girl is the same, sometimes feels like she is running - at top speed - on a thread mill in there!! I'm like WTblah is going on in there??!!$%$^%^&^^%@^&* LoL! And then she is quiet for a day... And then running like crazy again!!!

Wicklori, did you find travel Insurance that covers pregnancy past 28 weeks?

I've to go for an extra scan as the doctor said she thought bump and baby were quiet small for nearly 7 months preggers... I'm sure it's completely normal... these docs tend to be overly cautious!!

Caramel I have BHI travel insurance year round, I rang them and told them the story and they said that once I have a letter form my doctor I'm covered. Are you having problems getting cover?

Babs has quiet days here too, and I agree-it's unsettling..... But as soon as I start to think about it I usually get a kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Elly, I call a baby a he because I don't want to call a baby it :)
    Also I come from outside of Ireland and in my native language each noun is either feminine or musculine (similar to French), and baby is musculine.
    Oh I never noticed any reaction to food/drink! But the baby definetely likes Master Chef - every time I watch it, he moves around. May be I'm having a little chef? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

wicklori wrote: »
    Babs has quiet days here too, and I agree-it's unsettling..... But as soon as I start to think about it I usually get a kick!

Glad to hear im not on my own with this :)

Im back with GP tomorrow don't know why he wants to see me, i only seen him 3 weeks ago and im back with consultant nxt week. taught it was a bit strange he wanted me back so soon and so close to the consultant appt considering my BP and urine was all normal. Anyway as its not costing me i dont mind too much!

Lilbe wrote: »
    Elly, I call a baby a he because I don't want to call a baby it :)
    Also I come from outside of Ireland and in my native language each noun is either feminine or musculine (similar to French), and baby is musculine.
    Oh I never noticed any reaction to food/drink! But the baby definetely likes Master Chef - every time I watch it, he moves around. May be I'm having a little chef? :)

Ohhh I see.....Yeah i call babs, the baby or i say he/she i don't like saying 'it' or people referring to my baby as an 'it'. Just because we don't know the Sex MY baby is not an 'IT'

My friend bought me some champagne for my engagement and it has blue wrapping around the bottle. The same evening she gave us the champagne i told her i was pregnant, i was 11 weeks at that stage and she actually said they had two different wrappings on the champagne Pink and Blue and she spent ages trying to decide what to pick and she doesn't know why but she eventually chose the one with blue on it :) wonder was it a sign :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

hey Wicklori,
    Thanks... I just went with Multitrip in the end as they cover pregnancy up to 32 weeks... and real cheap too, like 20 squids.... they've won loads of awards as well so seem to be well recommended... so all sorted there now, ta very much! :-) I do also have my letter from Doc so all grand to jet off now on Monday. Just have my extra scan tomorrow to check my she babs (!) is growing! So fingers crossed but I have no doubt the docs are just being docs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    Yes that makes sense, similar to the flu vaccine I suppose.Does that mean then that the baby will not get whooping cough vaccine when they are older?Must do some research and ask the doc next week:)

I don't know about their immunity later in mm. Will check with my gp in jan. the article below indicates they sill need at least two more vaccines. my mum had seen it last weeks Times and she said it said you have to be vaccinated between 28 and 32 weeks.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2012/1211/1224327718752.html

@elly, he didn't mention the cost but I'd imagine we'd have to pay for it. Hopefully it's not too dear.

Hey girls, was yesterday in Wicklow street and there is a new maternity shop there, called something Bebe. It's not big, but I liked the selection that they had, really nice dresses and tops. Though it's up to individual taste of course, may be you will hate the stuff that I like :)

Well had my gp appt, doc brought up about the whooping cough vaccine. Turns out i had whooping cough as a baby at 6 weeks so he has said i dont need the vaccine, but told me to mention it to consultant next week and see what she thinks.

I also mentioned babys quiet time which worried me and he told me if i dont feel anything within a 24 hr period to go the hosp and get the trace to be sure all is ok. He has also told me to start counting the kicks once i get 10 a day i can stop counting. Getting all very serious now!! Said he could feel the head and he's generally not able to feel that until 28 weeks and i've a fine big baby on my hands :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

Hey you guys!
    Well, was in Holles St yesterday for the scan to check baby's growing... and end of it all was that I've to go back in two week time to see how she is progressing...
    Gotta get my feed on!!!!
    Gonna munch everything in sight from here on in, get this little one growing... !!!
    All is well, they just wanna double check again in 2 weeks... so I'm not stressing about it, they are just doing their job, make sure all is going as it should...
    They couldn't believe how active she is!!! I was like - i Know.... bloody Riverdance all day long... LOL!

Hope everyone having lovely weekend :-) and enjoying your babsies kicks and punches ;-)
    X

Hi Girls,

How are you all keeping? Work is so busy right now that christmas hasn sort of crept up on me...i've also just realised that I'm 29 weeks this week....time is flying! Bought loads of little bits last weekend though in sales....got blankets for hospital (courtesy of my mum actually!), babygrows and vests. Also, have a little bodysuit for leaving hospital in etc. We've managed to half fill the chest of drawers with bits and pieces so am thrilled with that! After christmas, I'm going to get all the bits i need for hospital and leave them to one side. Someone here in work just had their baby 8 weeks early and I got a fright thinking of not having anything for the hospital and my poor husband wouldnt have a clue what to be getting.

We're buggy hunting at the minute too...major task!

so how are you all? Blooming by now, I'm guessing?:)

• Advertisement

Morning, what a miserable morning, wish it was Friday already!!

Mamas & papas and mother care seem to have some really good sales on. I was in both on Sunday. My mam has picked up some vests and baby grows and a blanket but i want to wait until we know what we're having. Then we will go out after Xmas and get everything or at least put a deposit on all the big stuff. I want to have everything done and organised by the second last week in Feb. Once Xmas is over the weeks will fly in and we'll be all meeting our little bundles of joy before we know it, i cant wait :)

Im smothering with a cold since yesterday evening, awake most of the night with sore throat, ears and my nose was like a tap. Hoping today goes by really quick as all i want is my bed! :(

Hey girls,

I still have not started on the shopping, but I do have my list, so I hope once I'm in the shop I will be able to get everything in one go :)

Elly, get well! I had a cold back in October, and every time I was sneezing I was thinking of poor baby inside :)
    Everything is fine apart from horrendous constipation. And I drink prune juice and eat linseed and eat fruit and fresh veg, so I don't know what's wrong with me. Will try to drink only water and prune juice today and eliminate pasta and white bread completely, will have a big bowl of lettuce instead, may be that will do the trick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Hey girls,

I still have not started on the shopping, but I do have my list, so I hope once I'm in the shop I will be able to get everything in one go :)

Elly, get well! I had a cold back in October, and every time I was sneezing I was thinking of poor baby inside :)
    Everything is fine apart from horrendous constipation. And I drink prune juice and eat linseed and eat fruit and fresh veg, so I don't know what's wrong with me. Will try to drink only water and prune juice today and eliminate pasta and white bread completely, will have a big bowl of lettuce instead, may be that will do the trick?

Sorry for butting in but have you tried Fibogel or psyllium husks? I have problems in that area in general (IBS) and find psyllium husks great - Fibogel is orange flavoured and I don't like it but I do use it and it also works. They are both safe to take in pregnancy too because it's not absorbed by the body. You get psyllium husks in the health food shop and just mix it with water/juice. You drink it quickly and then it turns to a kind of gel in your body that pushes everything along. Might be worth a try? I've found prune juice etc just doesn't work for me. Also, I was told by the doctor drink lots and lots of water.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Sorry for butting in but have you tried Fibogel or psyllium husks? I have problems in that area in general (IBS) and find psyllium husks great - Fibogel is orange flavoured and I don't like it but I do use it and it also works. They are both safe to take in pregnancy too because it's not absorbed by the body. You get psyllium husks in the health food shop and just mix it with water/juice. You drink it quickly and then it turns to a kind of gel in your body that pushes everything along. Might be worth a try? I've found prune juice etc just doesn't work for me. Also, I was told by the doctor drink lots and lots of water.

Thanks!
    I don't want to take anything apart from normal food yet (i.e. medecines etc.), but if it gets worse will use your advice. I also have a feeling that prune juice etc. just don't work for me - in normal (non pregnant) times I would eat a lot of fruit and veg and I think my body is just used to a lot of fibre, so when pregnancy kicked in, it demamded even more fibre, but that's just impossible I think! Untill I turn into a rabbit and eat only lettuce:)
    And I started to drink water today - normally I would drink juice or tea, but if water makes all the difference I'll stick to it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks!
    I don't want to take anything apart from normal food yet (i.e. medecines etc.), but if it gets worse will use your advice. I also have a feeling that prune juice etc. just don't work for me - in normal (non pregnant) times I would eat a lot of fruit and veg and I think my body is just used to a lot of fibre, so when pregnancy kicked in, it demamded even more fibre, but that's just impossible I think! Untill I turn into a rabbit and eat only lettuce:)
    And I started to drink water today - normally I would drink juice or tea, but if water makes all the difference I'll stick to it! :)

See how you go anyway and then you can always look at other options if you need, my doctor recommended fibogel so it's definitely safe, because it never enters your system so if you do need it, it's there. :)

I was in hosp on a drip over the weekend and afterwards it freed things up (if you know what I mean) so lots of fluids is definitely a good idea!

elly123 wrote: »
    Morning, what a miserable morning, wish it was Friday already!!

Mamas & papas and mother care seem to have some really good sales on. I was in both on Sunday. My mam has picked up some vests and baby grows and a blanket but i want to wait until we know what we're having. Then we will go out after Xmas and get everything or at least put a deposit on all the big stuff. I want to have everything done and organised by the second last week in Feb. Once Xmas is over the weeks will fly in and we'll be all meeting our little bundles of joy before we know it, i cant wait :)

Im smothering with a cold since yesterday evening, awake most of the night with sore throat, ears and my nose was like a tap. Hoping today goes by really quick as all i want is my bed! :(

I forgot you'd knw the sex soon..... So exciting! We're just buying enough for the hospital etc and then we can shop together when we have the baby.

I've had a mild head cold for a fortnight now, hoping it goes soon. It's waking me during the night and then I have trouble getting back to sleep so am exhausted every day :(

yellow hen wrote: »
    I've had a mild head cold for a fortnight now, hoping it goes soon. It's waking me during the night and then I have trouble getting back to sleep so am exhausted every day :(

YH did you take anything for your headcold? My throat is the worst now have that burning sensation which kept me awake, i gargled with salt & hot water at 12 midnight and again at 4am i managed to nod off then after 5 till my alarm went at 7.30am. I usually take diflam spray when i feel the onset of my sore throat but it said on the pack to consult a doctor before using it if pregnant! Its a bummer feeling crap but so much worse when ya cant really take anything! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

A sinus rinse can help when you're pregnant and don't have many other options for easing the symptoms of a headcold girls. I've used it before during pregnancy, and while it was gross, it definitely made a difference and gave me some relief.

Hope you're all doing well. Up the walls here with last minute stuff before Christmas. Looking forward to it now.

I havent taken anything at all as it never really got bad enough to make me want to take anything but now it's just annoying me. a colleague (doctor) told me that it was more likely to be oedema than a headcold .ie. rather than getting swelling in ankles or legs, I am getting a swelling in my nasal passage which causes breathing problems when i lie down!

Had our third antenatal class today...it was all about labour, induction etc... was really interesting for someone who hasnt a clue. In a perverse way, I wasnt scared by it but instead was really excited!

I took paracetamol last night but it did nothing for me. I was chatting with a girl this morning who told me to try pure OJ mixed with boiled water and sugar. Just drinking it now and it tastes ok, hopefully it will help. I couldn't eat this morning as felt like my throat was swollen but just had a sambo there and was out of breath eating it! Once the sore throat clears i can deal with the cold.

Thats great to hear the ante natal class has helped you feel excited. To be honest i was reading about the labour last week in my preg book and im not scared at all, i think the more relaxed about it we are the more confident and calm we will be!
    I am more scared about b'feeding and i really want to do it, but im a tad bid scared of it hopefully the classes will help me overcome that.

I was given a tip on Friday by a mam of 3 she had her 3rd baby 4 months ago and she said the tip was the best advice she received from a friend...if your b'feeding, for the 12 midnight feed give the baby a bottle that way the baby will be full and sleep longer plus your partner can give that feed while you can get some rest. she said it work well for her.

• Advertisement

I was given a tip on Friday by a mam of 3 she had her 3rd baby 4 months ago and she said the tip was the best advice she received from a friend...if your b'feeding, for the 12 midnight feed give the baby a bottle that way the baby will be full and sleep longer plus your partner can give that feed while you can get some rest. she said it work well for her.

I've heard that before and will definitely be giving it a go if I end up breast feeding. I have however heard that some babies can get very confused moving between bottle and boob.

On a different note, just seen mothercare seem to have started their sale in case anyone wants to have a look.

I suspect this thread will quieten down all in the coming days so wishing you all a very happy Christmas. Although we can't drink much, use it as an excuse to indulge in everything else :)

Well what a day...... Had my hosp appt this morning, due to lack of fetal movement over the last week or so they sent me for trace. Baby has good strong heartbeat but i was getting little movement so I've been admitted for the night. Went off and came back an hour ago. Had trace done again and baby's moving about but I'm not feeling any movement but monitor is picking it up. Baby moved from transverse to head down and I didn't feel any movement at all.

I suppose if nothing else it is peace of mind. Midwife thinks it might be a boy already causing trouble :-) but said high heartbeat is sign of a girl.... only time will tell :-)

Hope all you ladies are feeling good and have a lovely weekend :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

This can work really well - we did it a lot. Don't get your hopes up about baby sleeping longer after it - that didn't work. So I think it's a case of luck whether it helps your baby sleep longer or not. Although that being said that may have been that there was often formula in that nighttime bottle - it wasnt until we weaned our son fully on to formula that we realised that he was much less settled on it than on breastmilk. This time around i'll be trying to ensure that any bottles we give are expressed rather than formula because the breastmilk is easier on their little tummies if they are prone to wind.

The fact that my husband could give a bottle meant I could get a few hours sleep at a stretch before being up for the night. Be careful about introducing a bottle too early though - it's not recommended before six weeks because of the potential for nipple confusion. A few people told me nipple confusion was nonsense but unfortunately I discovered the hard way that it isn't and ended up very very sore. :(

Well what a day...... Had my hosp appt this morning, due to lack of fetal movement over the last week or so they sent me for trace. Baby has good strong heartbeat but i was getting little movement so I've been admitted for the night. Went off and came back an hour ago. Had trace done again and baby's moving about but I'm not feeling any movement but monitor is picking it up. Baby moved from transverse to head down and I didn't feel any movement at all.

I suppose if nothing else it is peace of mind. Midwife thinks it might be a boy already causing trouble :-) but said high heartbeat is sign of a girl.... only time will tell :-)

Hope all you ladies are feeling good and have a lovely weekend :-)

Hi elly, only reading this now. Hope everything was ok after all and you're home now. Pretty scary I'd imagine?

yellow hen wrote: »

Hi elly, only reading this now. Hope everything was ok after all and you're home now. Pretty scary I'd imagine?

Thanks YH, yes all good got home yesterday about 12ish and baby has bn very active since. I was given a kick chart to track the 10 kicks had first 10 this morning in the space of 11 mins :-) If I don't get the 10 kicks a day I've to go back in. My placenta is to the front which maybe cushioning kicks but consultant said its no reason I wouldn't feel at least 10 movements a day.

Serious eye opener been on the ward, one lady went into labour two beds away from me came on quick enough, I was very emotional listening to her before they brought her to labour ward.

Hope every one is well and all set now for Santa :-)

Wishing you all a lovely Christmas x x

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Thanks YH, yes all good got home yesterday about 12ish and baby has bn very active since. I was given a kick chart to track the 10 kicks had first 10 this morning in the space of 11 mins :-) If I don't get the 10 kicks a day I've to go back in. My placenta is to the front which maybe cushioning kicks but consultant said its no reason I wouldn't feel at least 10 movements a day.

Serious eye opener been on the ward, one lady went into labour two beds away from me came on quick enough, I was very emotional listening to her before they brought her to labour ward.

Hope every one is well and all set now for Santa :-)

Wishing you all a lovely Christmas x x
    Elly I'm dying to know what your having,? Hope ye all had a great Christmas x

annettea wrote: »
    Elly I'm dying to know what your having,? Hope ye all had a great Christmas x

Its a little boy, was no surprise as both myself and OH were convinced it was a boy. We are both sooooo happy, now we cant wait to meet our little man :-)

Went shopping yesterday..... Paid deposit on beep twist 3-1 pram, cradle with mattress, furniture package (wardrobe, chest drawers with baby changing unit, cotbed and mattress) and also 03 sport mamas and papas 3wheel buggy for jogging and walking dog in park. So most of the big stuff ordered thank god. Now just to pick up the small things as we go. Need to decide what steriliser and bottles we want to use. Picked up a cellular blanket and some vests aswel on sale :-)

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas x

Congratulations elly! I think we're having a boy too to be honest. We have a boys name picked that I think we agree on but still no girls :(

We had a bumper shopping day today. Ordered carseat and base, got mattress for Moses, checked out cots, got monitor, baby bath and bought last few baby clothes and cellular blankets for hospital. Also got the less attractive things for me...breast pads, disposable undies, sanitary towels and plastic sheet for bed in case waters break there!!

Less than 10 weeks to go and we're well sorted. I feel relieved. My job is going to be busy between now and march so I don't think I'll have much time for shopping. I still feel good although my appetite has depreciated and the heartburn is a killer!! I am quite big now too. Going to try cut the sugar out for the last 9 weeks, I'm beginning to worry that I could have a very big baby on my hands here!!

Hope you all had a lovely break, we're into the home straight now :)

Hey girls,

Hope you had a nice break. Elly, glad to hear that everything is good with you.
    What is cellular a cellular blanket?

• Advertisement

The break was lovely but went way too quick. Back in work today :(

The cellular blankets are blankets that have little holes in them, they are for safety, say if the blanket goes over babys face they can still breathe compare to a fleece blanket which might suffocate them.

How is everyone feeling?

Advertisement