Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm still on holidays :)

The hospital will ask you to bring cellular blankets rather than cotton or wool ones. Mamas and. Papas have lemon ones half price at the moment. I feel so ridiculously pregnant now....getting sore when I walk, can't get off the chair, insomnia at night, terrible heartburn and just generally feeling huge!! I still love it though :)

Trying to figure out from the baby's movements if it has turned oute but I don't think it has. Not back with consultant until the 24th jan so will have to wait until then to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

oh lucky you YH i might as well not be here, im only one in have had no phonecalls and no emails and im here over 2hrs. Think I'll take an early lunch im starving!

Im starting to feel really big, having to scootch myself forward to get off the couch, i didn't think that would happen ME. Ive seen people do it and taught to myself I'll never be like that.....how wrong was I!!! Im getting a small bit of indigestion and i started getting some pains last night on and off.

I think i can tell when baby is head down as i get this pressure feeling low down and i need to pee more, plus i feel my kicks and movements just under my boobs. I think when im asleep my baby lies across because when i wake i have movement on which ever side i am lying and as they day goes on i start to get the pressure low down and kicks high up!

YH i think i can tell where head is sometimes as my stomach does be rock hard in a certain place.

I am loving having all these weird movement feelings i get. Since finding out its a boy im soooo excited and cant wait to meet our little man. I cant wait to have my little boy in my arms healthy, happy and safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Thanks girls! I'll probably wait for my ante natal classes and will see what they tell me to buy.
    Oh I'm huge as well. Took some pics over Christmas with my belly - how much bigger can I possibly get? I think I put on at least a dress size and there are still more than 2 months to go, petrified about my size after the birth.
    Don't have any problems with indigestion, my appetite has increased again, it's scary, the baby will be massive!
    Elly, I also feel the kicks at whichever side I lie on, I was thinking the baby moves to that side, but he must be pretty big by now and occupy the whole belly, so probably he kicks with his legs and then hands.
    Bought a book about how to take care of babies, it describes in detail how to hold the baby, how to wash, how to put on clothes... Ah these are good worries :)

I was expecting to eat like a horse over Xmas and i didnt, i find that i don't really get hungry (with the exception of now im starving :) ) im not craving anything. I generally have breakfast and dinner and i might have the odd snack in between but other than that i dont find im eating a lot! Im defo drinking a lot more fluids!
    I think the movements and kicks become more prominent as baby gets bigger because they don't have much space. Im feeling a tad scared im going to have a monster! i really don't understand why the doc and midwives don't just say oh baby's a healthy size instead of saying 'oh you have a fine big baby on your hands, or baby is very big for 28 weeks! Its starting to scare me. Maybe if baby is a monster they will take me in early! Wishful thinking i'd imagine!

What's the name of the book Lilbe?

elly123 wrote: »
    What's the name of the book Lilbe?

Let me check at home and get back to you tomorrow - will tell you the name of the book and the author.
    Oh lucky you, I feel hungry and I eat... I eat healthy stuff mostly - salads, home-made food, but the weight keeps appearing.

• Advertisement

Hey Elly, that's the book I got - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babycare-authoritative-source-caring-babies/dp/1904760511
    I got it at Hodges and Figgis in Dawson street, but it's cheaper at Amazon, especially if you use a UK delivery address

Lilbe wrote: »
    Hey Elly, that's the book I got - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babycare-authoritative-source-caring-babies/dp/1904760511
    I got it at Hodges and Figgis in Dawson street, but it's cheaper at Amazon, especially if you use a UK delivery address

Thanks Lilbe, might see if we can download it, i'll get OH to look in to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hi everyone and babies :)
    just reading comments and do we have to buy other things that are not in the list they give? i thought they give the blankets when baby is born? am i wrong?
    I have my last scan on monday cant wait cos my bump is falling so I want to see if baby is coming early or not :)
    I cant believe how far we have come to finding out to now :) its brilliant :)
    how is everyone?

Hi Annette, my bump is still very high but i think its quite wide and based on the amount of movement from the baby, i think he/she's lying in a transverse position. I'm with the GP this afternoon for a checkup so I'll see if she can tell me it's position. 9 weeks left from today....starting to get a little twitchy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year to all of us Mammys-to-be-in-March (or Mamammys-again-to-be!)!
    Hope you all had lovely Christmases and New Years!
    I'm just coming up to 32 weeks now, and aren't those weeks flying by!
    Had a great time in New York! Oh My God the shopping!!! Did a 15 hour day in the outlets-probably not the best idea with hindsight but so much fun at the time!!!!! We did loads and saw loads and it was really great-and guess who was whining more about being tired-poor husband after his exams!!
    Got a lot of stuff for the hospital for Christmas-lotions and potions and a weekend bag which is gorgeous! Started throwing things into it but I really don't want to properly pack yet-feels too early. At least we have enough clothes now anyway if the baby did arrive-thank you NYC! Need a few vests and that's it really I think-maybe! Bought nappies etc the other day in the Dunnes Sale. Bit wierd buying first pack-three of us bumps on the same job that day though :D
    Finishing work on the 1st March-consultant stretched my date a little for me.
    Lots of Braxton Hicks going on-some of them bloody hurt! Baby is breech-sitting on my ball a bit trying to encourage him/her to turn!
    All the sitting around over Christmas was not good for me at all! Got so stiff and uncomfortable-back to the gym the other day and right as rain again!
    Anway-enough waffle! Anyone up for meeting up? 26th Jan/2nd Feb Dublin-South Side ish kinda direction??? Or if any of you ladies are down the South East let me know!

• Advertisement

Welcome back Wicklori!
    Oh you have 2 full months to work... I finish in the middle of February, counting days! Can't wait to get some rest in these days of the leave when the baby is not here yet!
    Both dates suit me ans Dublin Southside is fine.

Sounds like you had a great time wicklori. Do you know what you're having? I found New York quite bad for gender neutral clothes.

I had docs appt today and they confirmed that baby has turned into head down position... Guess that explains the pressure I've been feeling!

I've got two full months of work aswel :( trying not to think about it tho!!
    I started swimming lastnight really enjoyed it i felt really relaxed after it.

I was with consultant today all good baby gave us a wave and we got a scan pic of his little hand. I mentioned ive been told baby is big so she measured and said he was definetly bigger than average :eek: now im kinda scared, she actually asked if i had any questions about labour or any worries. I asked if a big baby would mean i might not go over due date but she just smiled and said we'd discuss it closer the time :)

Got some more baby stuff today. Just all the little bits to organise now. Oh and also i was thinking of upgrading my car from an 05 to 06 so i'd have isofix but was advised that the isofix can actually be fitted into my car for €85. Defo cheaper than upgrading :D

Im intereseted in in meeting up either dates suit so just name a place and i'll be there :)

YH & Wicklori where did younstay in NYC?

Oh elly, it's hard to know if they really can tell the size yet. They havent overly commented on me yet although I have had two 'fine big bump' comments. I have let myself put on alot of weight...will be raging with myself come april but then i hope to be pounding the pavements with the little bubs :)

I stayed in the Affinia Dumont in NY...really good reviews...the rooms are huge for NY. They often do very good deals so worth keeping an eye on.
    http://www.affinia.com/New-York-City-Hotel.aspx?name=Affinia-Dumont

Girls, I also meant to say yest that I asked my GP about the whooping cough vaccine and she told me that the HSE hasnt even sent out the vaccines yet so it cant be that urgent!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh elly, it's hard to know if they really can tell the size yet. They havent overly commented on me yet although I have had two 'fine big bump' comments. I have let myself put on alot of weight...will be raging with myself come april but then i hope to be pounding the pavements with the little bubs :)

I stayed in the Affinia Dumont in NY...really good reviews...the rooms are huge for NY. They often do very good deals so worth keeping an eye on.

Girls, I also meant to say yest that I asked my GP about the whooping cough vaccine and she told me that the HSE hasnt even sent out the vaccines yet so it cant be that urgent!

Guys just a quick one. I got the vaccine on Friday. In my GP. They ordered it from GSK same day. A number of women in work have had it too over the last few weeks. I understand the HSE have recommended the vaccine but won't be paying for it but can't confirm.

yellow hen wrote: »

Girls, I also meant to say yest that I asked my GP about the whooping cough vaccine and she told me that the HSE hasn't even sent out the vaccines yet so it cant be that urgent!

Yh I taught it would be hard to tell aswel and i don't have a huge bump im still quite neat, she measured baby on scan and said he was bigger than average at this stage, he might slow down in growing tho.

In the last two days ive noticed when i finish eating my dinner im still hungry and i tend to have tea and toast or a bowel of cereal. Im gonna stock up on lots of fruit and yoghurt this week as i don't want to be eating too much bread!

YH - Thats what my GP told me and same with the Dr i seen in the hosp before Xmas. Im happy enough that I had whooping cough as a baby so I don't need the vaccine.

So girls, another week! YH when are you finishing up? We are due around the same time I know but I asked my sonsultant to be a bit generous with my date for the mat leave form as I really don't want to be sitting around for ages at home waiting to pop! (got a 5 day extension...) That said I was off work yesterday and loved it :)
    Think I missed the whooping cough debate! If I had it does that mean anything?
    Regarding meeting up... Could we set the meeting for Saturday 2nd Feb.?? And how about somewhere in Dundrum maybe? Around 1ish??

wicklori wrote: »
    So girls, another week! YH when are you finishing up? We are due around the same time I know but I asked my sonsultant to be a bit generous with my date for the mat leave form as I really don't want to be sitting around for ages at home waiting to pop! (got a 5 day extension...) That said I was off work yesterday and loved it :)
    Think I missed the whooping cough debate! If I had it does that mean anything?
    Regarding meeting up... Could we set the meeting for Saturday 2nd Feb.?? And how about somewhere in Dundrum maybe? Around 1ish??

Wicklori i was told by my gp if i had the cough i didn't need the vaccine. I would mention it to your GP or consultant at next visit and see what they say just to be sure.

2nd Feb suits me. Just let me know exactly where in dundrum and i'll be there :)

Dundrum is fine. How about Howard's way or Jamie's Italian? Though in Howard's way might be a queu...

Dundrum is fine. How about Howard's way or Jamie's Italian? Though in Howard's way might be a queu...
    Howards Way-am I thinking of the right one-in Churchtown? I love it there, I'd be happy to go a bit early and nab a table if poss.....

• Advertisement

Howards Way-am I thinking of the right one-in Churchtown? I love it there, I'd be happy to go a bit early and nab a table if poss.....

I know the one in Churchtown aswel but any time ive been past there it has been extremely busy. Apparently they do a fantastic all day breakfast hence they are always full. I remember 2 years ago at Xmas time myself and my boss were both slightly hungover and both wanted a fry we literally drove around for 2 hrs trying to find somewhere that did an all day fry. We went to howards way in churchtown first as we are working in Sandyford, it was jammed no seats available tried lots of other places but they didn't do it all day and ended up in Howards way in Terenure/rathgar. I have to say it was totally worth the drive around :) awhhh the memories :D:D:D:D:D:D

Howard's way is very good, but it does get very packed at the weekend, especially around lunch/brunch time. We can try it though and if the queu is too long, then Dundrum shopping center is not too far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sorry to butt in but you could always call and see if you could reserve a table.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in but you could always call and see if you could reserve a table.

I think that's what I'll do if we can confirm some kinda numbers? Can you imagine the sight.... Table FULL of bumps!! :D:D:D

elly-forgot to reply about where we stayed.... We stayed in the Radisson on Martinique. Directly oppposite Macys and subway station outside the door. The room was grand, spacious enough and v clean, but the staff were a bit random!

I think that's what I'll do if we can confirm some kinda numbers? Can you imagine the sight.... Table FULL of bumps!! :D:D:D

Sorry but you'll have to count me out girls, oh and I have decided to make the most of being baby-less and we're going to try book a night away. :)

Wicklori, I finish work on the 22nd Feb, legally you have to finish 10 days before due date. I didn't bother asking for my dates to juggled about as I think by then ill be utterly exhausted and dying for the break. Would love time to clean the whole house and just snooze and watch some box sets or something. I'm a nightmare if something happens and I'm not prepared so I think I'll be much more chilled just being at home and organising myself. Can you believe we only have a little more than 8 weeks left???

We ordered our cot the other night. Have to get a mattress now but think we've seen one we like in mothercare. How are you all fixed?

EH, you sure its not 22 Feb?
    I can't wait to go on maternity - I took statutory 2 weeks before and then one week of holidays as well, looking forward just to sleeping in. Will go for walks, cook smth sophisticated (will try a crocombouche, was looking at it for a while, but I guess you need a day to make it!), will enjoy housewife's life! Will be nice just to be outside while it's daylight :)
    We bought a lot of stuff just after Christmas, now need to do second shopping trip and get all the bits we have not got yet. Baby's room is taking shape, hopefully the floors will be done soon and then we can get furniture :)

EH, you sure its not 22 Feb?
    I can't wait to go on maternity - I took statutory 2 weeks before and then one week of holidays as well, looking forward just to sleeping in. Will go for walks, cook smth sophisticated (will try a crocombouche, was looking at it for a while, but I guess you need a day to make it!), will enjoy housewife's life! Will be nice just to be outside while it's daylight :)
    We bought a lot of stuff just after Christmas, now need to do second shopping trip and get all the bits we have not got yet. Baby's room is taking shape, hopefully the floors will be done soon and then we can get furniture :)

Yep, Feb it is! 32 working days left :)

Yeah I want to keep as much time for after the baby is here as poss. In my innocence I reckon my doctor will sign me off on sick leave if I can't manage to stay on working before then. That said was on the Luas this morning when it crashed and had to walk to work and was thinking to myself am i mad or what to be staying working (I have quite a commute....)

• Advertisement

Yeah I want to keep as much time for after the baby is here as poss. In my innocence I reckon my doctor will sign me off on sick leave if I can't manage to stay on working before then. That said was on the Luas this morning when it crashed and had to walk to work and was thinking to myself am i mad or what to be staying working (I have quite a commute....)

I had said I'd do the same work right up, but now I just can't wait to finish so I go on mat 8th March. I'm taking 3 wks hols at the end of my mat leave so I'm not due back until 7th Oct. we booked New York for 5days to go over and sort all wedding stuff going 27th sept so be a nice break before going back to work. Plus I've two exams in sept and I'll be in College two sats a month for 3 months during my leave so I'll be kept on my toes with baby, wedding organising and college! 2013 is going to be a hectic one!

Advertisement