Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Lilbe wrote: »
    Wicklori, I just keep saying to myself that once the pain comes, it won't last forever, 48 hours max, and then there will be a gorgeous baby to reward you for all the suffering! :)
    Tearing is scary allright, it will need to heal etc., so not just 48 hours, don't even know how long that will take. And if it's a c-section for some reason, even more time to heal... That's what I'm scared of!

Good woman Lilbe-see that's what I mean.... I know we will all be grand in the end PG but from the time you get pregnant there's one thing after another to think about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Lilbe wrote: »
    Wicklori, I just keep saying to myself that once the pain comes, it won't last forever, 48 hours max, and then there will be a gorgeous baby to reward you for all the suffering! :)
    Tearing is scary allright, it will need to heal etc., so not just 48 hours, don't even know how long that will take. And if it's a c-section for some reason, even more time to heal... That's what I'm scared of!

Im scared sh*tless of tearing and foreceps other than that im fairly calm and positive about it all.

I know a couple of you ladies are getting pains. The last two nights im getting slight period pain and back pain, nothing really bad kinda like the pains i would have got early in the first trimester any of you getting those sort of pains?

I know period pain and back pain is a sign of labour but there not strong or really bad that it would make me think that its the start and i have had no other signs.

elly123 wrote: »
    Im scared sh*tless of tearing and foreceps other than that im fairly calm and positive about it all.

I know a couple of you ladies are getting pains. The last two nights im getting slight period pain and back pain, nothing really bad kinda like the pains i would have got early in the first trimester any of you getting those sort of pains?

I know period pain and back pain is a sign of labour but there not strong or really bad that it would make me think that its the start and i have had no other signs.

I think night time brings out all sorts of discomforts! Last night it felt like the baby was trying to climm out through my ribs. That said-if you haven't been getting back pain I think I'd check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

Funny you should say that Elly... only last night and then again this morning, I had some period pains too... Very very light yet I did start to think... "what the heck, hardly going into labour now at 33 weeks" !!! But then my higher thinking part just kicked in and I think it's probably the Braxton Hicks practice contractions. The uterus just starting to have a little go, sure why not, the uterus is probably dying to get to work!! So, why not have a few wee practices!!

Qwerty, thanks so much for the reassurance. Yea, I did get the impression from the Midwife Home Visit that the tiniest thing would trigger their 'get you into hospital' frame of mind. And that's true that the Lough Hospital is only around the corner from me, living in the lower end of Killiney, v close to Loughlingstown in fact. Thank you.

Thanks Wicklori ;-) ;-) It's because I am a Yoga teacher that my older friend in American is worried!!! She is a yoga teacher too and knows people in our profession that were so tight in their abdominals that the abdominals just wouldn't relax and let the baby through!! So, I think that's where she is coming from too.
    Mind you my abdominals have never been super strong, too much good red vino and chocolate, hee hee heee!!
    Definitely feel confident about the breathing aspect, yes, that is definitely a go-er, from being a Yoga teacher and really in touch with the body, etc etc… And also Yoga gets you in control of your mind so I'm confident there, to deal with pain without any meds… Just get into the Yoga breathing and mind work and sail through…. LOL!!! ha ha haaa!! "sail through" do ya hear me!!! (laughing at myself here!!!)

But don't worry Wicklori, you will be fine. I can give you a couple of really simple breathing techniques on 2nd when we meet. Just real easy things to open your lungs and get a deep breath into ya... no bother to you at all. And will really help when you notice you are holding your breath rather than relaxing and letting go... :-)

wicklori wrote: »
    I think night time brings out all sorts of discomforts! Last night it felt like the baby was trying to climm out through my ribs. That said-if you haven't been getting back pain I think I'd check it out?

I have had the odd ache in my back from over doing it at times, but the pain ive been getting the last two nights is more like the feeling you get when getting your periods. Im going to see how i am over the next day or two and if it persists i think i will call the hospital to be sure. I got the period pain again this morning in the car sitting in traffic and my back is at me now sitting in work but as i said its not aching or really bad pain its more uncomfortable and no signs of a contraction or any other signs of labour! Hoping and praying this is just my body's way of preparing me for what's to come in 8 weeks time and its not baby making an early appearance!

• Advertisement

....as Aniascor said... U gotta trust your body.... it's the instinctive animal within....(if u know what i mean!)
    ...body knows exactly what to do... Let your body do the work and you just breath and relax into it as much as possible...

as I said... I had the very same thoughts Elly!!! don't worry...

Funny you should say that Elly... only last night and then again this morning, I had some period pains too... Very very light yet I did start to think... "what the heck, hardly going into labour now at 33 weeks" !!! But then my higher thinking part just kicked in and I think it's probably the Braxton Hicks practice contractions. The uterus just starting to have a little go, sure why not, the uterus is probably dying to get to work!! So, why not have a few wee practices!!

Qwerty, thanks so much for the reassurance. Yea, I did get the impression from the Midwife Home Visit that the tiniest thing would trigger their 'get you into hospital' frame of mind. And that's true that the Lough Hospital is only around the corner from me, living in the lower end of Killiney, v close to Loughlingstown in fact. Thank you.

Thanks Wicklori ;-) ;-) It's because I am a Yoga teacher that my older friend in American is worried!!! She is a yoga teacher too and knows people in our profession that were so tight in their abdominals that the abdominals just wouldn't relax and let the baby through!! So, I think that's where she is coming from too.
    Mind you my abdominals have never been super strong, too much good red vino and chocolate, hee hee heee!!
    Definitely feel confident about the breathing aspect, yes, that is definitely a go-er, from being a Yoga teacher and really in touch with the body, etc etc… And also Yoga gets you in control of your mind so I'm confident there, to deal with pain without any meds… Just get into the Yoga breathing and mind work and sail through…. LOL!!! ha ha haaa!! "sail through" do ya hear me!!! (laughing at myself here!!!)

But don't worry Wicklori, you will be fine. I can give you a couple of really simple breathing techniques on 2nd when we meet. Just real easy things to open your lungs and get a deep breath into ya... no bother to you at all. And will really help when you notice you are holding your breath rather than relaxing and letting go... :-)

CARAMEL! How did you know about the breath holding????? Have you been talking to my Husband-bad man I tell you :D:D:D
    I would very much appreciate any help you could provide.... At the moment the babys head is in my lungs so breathing of any sort is prooving a bit difficult!

I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine having those kind of abs.... Lucky creature! We al have our own niggles to worry about don't we?

Don't talk to me about Braxton Hicks-midwife was all-isn't that great about them at last check so now husband is the same-and they aren't really all that wonderful at all-uncomfortable actually!!

....as Aniascor said... U gotta trust your body.... it's the instinctive animal within....(if u know what i mean!)
    ...body knows exactly what to do... Let your body do the work and you just breath and relax into it as much as possible...

Maybe they are just the braxton hicks as ive been getting like a pulsating feeling down low it comes every 1-2 seconds or so, so maybe that's all it is, i can feel the little mite up under my boobs think its his legs as doesn't feel hard enough for it to be his head. Actually my OH said to me last night Jesus your tummy is very hard ive never felt it that hard before, must have been whatever way baby was lying!

Im glad Qwerty Dub was able to reassure you, i just hope when the time comes for me in labour he can reassure me I'll make it to the hosp on time as he'll be driving (he is my OH) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Last night it felt like the baby was trying to climm out through my ribs.

I felt exactly the same yesterday! Was having this picture in my head of a hand appearing from my belly, like a horror movie! :)

hee heee ha ha haaaa
    i know all about your holding your breath Wicklori
    ;-)
    !!!!
    LOL!
    Ah ya, a few basic breathing ideas and you'll be laughing... will sort you out, don't worry!

I don't have those abs now you see on Baywatch, not even close, ha ha ha!!! more of a soft belly type :-) :-) :-) ha!

I actually like the Braxton Hicks Wicks, (i'm a poet too, tee!) (not!) Try to enjoy them, ah they're just a bit of a laugh, ;-)

Elly! that's your hubby?! ah great, yea, he did... My wee one is kicking me up under ribs too, sometimes sticks her feet right out, properly bursting out, and always on the right side. I do be thinking.. get those feet of yours back in!!!! See how you go with those pains. My period like pains vanished after two or three sets this morning and then gone... I'd say if they get really painful and stronger to give Hospital a call though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ok, so can I be really honest? I 'm fecking terrified of the pain, the tearing, the mess that will be my ladygarden afterwards-ALL OF IT! I am hopeless at the 'focus on your breathing' stuff-I believe in it I'm just bad at doing it.

Omg, you sound just like me! Seriously are we doppelgänger s??? I gave up doing yoga because I couldn't manage to concentrate on breathing and moving at the same time!

All you girls have a great attitude and I will be taking your advice and trying to stay calm and breathe slowly through the pain.

The braxton hicks, I don't think I've had any yet. I thought a few weeks back that I had but I think it might have been wind!!!

yellow hen wrote: »
    Omg, you sound just like me! Seriously are we doppelgänger s??? I gave up doing yoga because I couldn't manage to concentrate on breathing and moving at the same time!

All you girls have a great attitude and I will be taking your advice and trying to stay calm and breathe slowly through the pain.

The braxton hicks, I don't think I've had any yet. I thought a few weeks back that I had but I think it might have been wind!!!

He he he!!! Well I did mention it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

elly123 if you're worried about tearing I'd really recommend doing the perineal massage. I won't even try to explain it but look it up on you tube. It's very uncomfortable, I did it in the shower in the morning, but I only had very minimal tearing on my son.

Not pleasant (understatement!) but you'll be glad you did it if it works for you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

elly123 if you're worried about tearing I'd really recommend doing the perineal massage. I won't even try to explain it but look it up on you tube. It's very uncomfortable, I did it in the shower in the morning, but I only had very minimal tearing on my son.

Not pleasant (understatement!) but you'll be glad you did it if it works for you in the end.

How often did you do it how strange? I'm 34 weeks now so going to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I started around 36 weeks every day for about a minute. This time around I'll probably start around 34 weeks and do it every 2-3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I think tearing sounds worse than it is. I had a second degree tear. Seemed to take forever to stitch. I hated that bit. But then shortly after I had my shower and then walked back up to the ward. Within two days I didn't need any painkillers - I felt fine.

I am certain I tore during the couple of forced pushes as directed by the midwife so that's the only thing I'm hoping to avoid this time around. Much preferred letting the baby descend on his own.

Hi ladies, just to let you know, there's a chance to win a Dream Genii pregnancy pillow on my blog this week if you're interested.

I got one for review earlier in the week, and I don't know what I would have done without it this weekend. I caught some kind of stomach bug from my husband and spent yesterday vomiting. Not pleasant! I was aching all over last night, and really feeling rotten. Found it very hard to get comfy, even with the pillow. I'd have been awake all night without it. Thankfully, I haven't been sick today, and I've been feeling reasonably human since around 3pm.

Hope everyone else had a better weekend!

aniascor wrote: »
    Hi ladies, just to let you know, there's a chance to win a Dream Genii pregnancy pillow on my blog this week if you're interested.

I got one for review earlier in the week, and I don't know what I would have done without it this weekend. I caught some kind of stomach bug from my husband and spent yesterday vomiting. Not pleasant! I was aching all over last night, and really feeling rotten. Found it very hard to get comfy, even with the pillow. I'd have been awake all night without it. Thankfully, I haven't been sick today, and I've been feeling reasonably human since around 3pm.

Aniascor what is the name of your blog?

Sorry to hear you were unwel over the weekend, hoping your feeling better today.

I was extremely uncomfortable Friday night, not in any real pain just uncomfortable. went to bed and slept for a few hours was wide awake at 5 so got up to get a drink and when i went down stairs i started to tidy around. it lasted a whole of 10-15 mins before i told myself to cop on and go back to bed. I was awake until about 6 then fell back asleep until 9.30. Went to ikea then in the afternoon and picked up some bits. I must have passed at least 10 other pregnant women, serious baby boom! Just relaxed then for the rest of the weekend! cant believe its Monday already, hope the week flys in. :)

• Advertisement

Sorry elly - it's Mama.ie. Here's a link to the giveaway: http://mama.ie/dream-genii-pregnancy-pillow-giveaway/

aniascor wrote: »

You POOR thing! Hope you are continuing to improve... Love the blog ;)

Elly, I encountered quite a few bumps around the shops at the weeekend too! Think we are all coming out of the woodwork to get organised!
    Little note for everyone-Penneys have either €6/€8 nightdresses with button fronts at the moment. I'm sure some of you like me don't want to spend too much on these offending items!!!

Elly, I encountered quite a few bumps around the shops at the weeekend too! Think we are all coming out of the woodwork to get organised!
    Little note for everyone-Penneys have either €6/€8 nightdresses with button fronts at the moment. I'm sure some of you like me don't want to spend too much on these offending items!!!

Thanks wicklori, will drop into pennys this evening as i need another 2 nightdresses at least, i might even get them taken up a bit so they are more like long tops than nightdresses as im not crazy on the button up pjs and the maternity ones are just way too expensive. I think i'll pick up the nightdresses and some pj bottoms that should do the trick :)

Thanks wicklori, will drop into pennys this evening as i need another 2 nightdresses at least, i might even get them taken up a bit so they are more like long tops than nightdresses as im not crazy on the button up pjs and the maternity ones are just way too expensive. I think i'll pick up the nightdresses and some pj bottoms that should do the trick :)
    Just don't forget to hedge your bets in case you can't wear bottoms afterwards for any reason.... I'd be the same-pretty much hate nightdresses but going to keep options open.....

Just don't forget to hedge your bets in case you can't wear bottoms afterwards for any reason.... I'd be the same-pretty much hate nightdresses but going to keep options open.....

Oh i know yeah, i have one maternity nightdress so im thinking if i pick up 3 of the nightdresses from penneys with a pair of pj bottoms i should be ok, i've two pairs of maternity Pjs got one pair as a pressie so i should be sorted. I've two nightdresses from previous stays in hosp for the laproscopies and ive started wearing them to bed in the evenings as im finding my pj bottoms get a bit uncomfortable or i get too warm. lastnight i woke up in a ball of sweat it was roasting.

Oh i got all the baby's washing done this weekend, delighted with that. I have still to pick up maternity bra's anyone any recommendations on where to go to get measured for these. I was thinking mothercare, would they be the best price wise also?

Oh i got all the baby's washing done this weekend, delighted with that. I have still to pick up maternity bra's anyone any recommendations on where to go to get measured for these. I was thinking mothercare, would they be the best price wise also?

I love doing to baby washing! Wouldn't be surprised if the baby's stuff gets washed again!!!

I love doing to baby washing! Wouldn't be surprised if the baby's stuff gets washed again!!!

I actually said the same thing even tho I have half of it ironed already :D:D:D its just so cute looking at the tiny stuff on the rads. My mam has some stuff aswel so i told her to get washing in case of an emergency hahaha.

im back with consultant on Friday, looking forward to seeing where baby is as i think he has been moving about, sat and Sunday evening i was getting really strong movements on my right side where previously they were all high up and i was with gp last week and he said baby was in perfect position head down. i know he's plenty of time to go back head down plus the swimming is suppose to help aswel, didn't make swimming at all last week weather just put me off but going back this week :)

Oh that's great to know. I'll make a trip there this week in that case. I binned my nightdress after labour last time, and will probably do the same this time.

• Advertisement

Hi girlies...

My birthday today!!
    Not telling my age though, tee hee!!
    So the weekend and through till now has been manic.

Threw a Birthday Party combined with a Baby Shower on Saturday evening... which was absolutely AMAZING and I would recommend you go for it... It was the best party I've ever thrown and everyone that came had an absolute ball. The generousity of friends was overwhelming, I actually could hardly take how generous all my friends were... I was humbled and so grateful, couldn't believe the beautiful gifts people brought for my baby girl... stunning. The whole night was stunning. And there was birthday cake made and friends who brought tons of food... I just was in shock the whole night!!

Got the nursery all ready by the starting time of 7pm and it just looked divine... all pinks and whites, it's actually incredible what you can do on a shoestring budget. Everyone gasped when they saw it!! I was like - it's just a drop of white paint and some pink things thrown abouts the moses basket!!! But I have to say it does look simply adorable :-) Now all I need is baby to put in amongst the pink and white!!

Hope you are feeling better now Aniascor?

Got my Midwife home visit this coming Friday... looking forward to seeing what will happen then....

Good Luck with everyone trying the Perineal Massage!!
    I gave it a go last Friday night, but not since because it's been mad ever since with the big party and then birthday today....
    Will try again this week.
    It did feel weird and I hadn't a clue if I was doing it right!!!
    I hadn't read any instructions ;-) ;-) ;-)
    Will get more info on how to do it before I try again, LOL!!!

Advertisement