Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey Annettea, welcome back! Was also wondering where you have disappeared :)
    And the bag is definetely gonna get started tonight. I keep thinking about it but just don't get around to actually do it. Need to pull myself together and pack it at last :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

yellow hen wrote: »
    Welcome back Annettea :)

I have had the much uncomfortable day so far. I really think baby might have turned transverse :( he was mooching and stirring all day and it was very painful at times. Now I have hiccups coming from somewhere half way up my uterus and I have jabs coming from the right side where I had never felt anything before. Back in hospital in the morn so ill find out then. Will be gutted if he has turned :(

Hi YH, hope your feeling a little more comfortable, best of luck at the hosp appt hope all is well and baby is in the correct position x

Lilbe wrote: »
    Hey Annettea, welcome back! Was also wondering where you have disappeared :)
    And the bag is definetely gonna get started tonight. I keep thinking about it but just don't get around to actually do it. Need to pull myself together and pack it at last :)

We got our travel system yesterday evening and i love it.

Good Woman Lilbe, get that bag packed so its one less thing to worry about :)
    I went through my hosp bag again last night, I don't have a bag big enough yet to fit everything in so i got as much as i could into a sports bag i have and then i put the rest either on top of the bag or under the pram but its altogether. Still need to add more big Knickers and bra's to it.

Where have you ladies bought your maternity pads?....I've been in boots twice and i picked up two packs of pads but not sure they are sufficient, they don't say maternity on them and at the last ante natal class the midwife showed us the hosp pads and said we need those type the ones i have are somewhere in the middle....deffo thicker and longer than a pad i'd use for heavy periods but not as thick as the ones the midwife showed us so i'm thinking i need to invest in some proper maternity ones any suggestions?

elly123 wrote: »

Where have you ladies bought your maternity pads?....I've been in boots twice and i picked up two packs of pads but not sure they are sufficient, they don't say maternity on them and at the last ante natal class the midwife showed us the hosp pads and said we need those type the ones i have are somewhere in the middle....deffo thicker and longer than a pad i'd use for heavy periods but not as thick as the ones the midwife showed us so i'm thinking i need to invest in some proper maternity ones any suggestions?

Elly, I got mine in Mothercare, based on the size of the pack they are massive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

Tescos do pads for pee-ing problems!!
    Those are HUGE!!
    ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Appt went fine elly. Little bubs is still head down thank god. They just said he is very active and it can be quite sore when they're moving. I asked about size again and they said that they only give an indication of size if its on the extreme small or large size. I'm happy with that so apparently I have an "average" baby!

I bought my maternity pads in boots too. They seemed as big as the ones in mothercare. Holy Jesus I can't imagine having to wear anything much bigger... We'd be walking like John Wayne!

I hadn't spotted that wicklori had gone until someone said it... Hope everything's ok for her. Maybe work's just busy etc.

Girls, my best friend had a baby boy born yesterday. She was driving home and her waters broke, so she turned the car and driven to the hospital. The baby was out in a couple of hours! And just the day before yesterday she went to the doctor and the doctor said that the baby will probably come in the beginning of March :) I can't believe how fast it all can happen! :)

It really is crazy how fast it can happen. When was she due? I'm sitting in gp surgery waiting to be called. Wonder what he has to say today about baby :-)

I'm getting really excited about baby arriving now I can't wait to meet him still another 5 weeks or so but that's not really too long away.

Lille is today your last day in work? Oh how I'd love to finish up now. But I've so much to do in work the nxt two weeks.

elly123 wrote: »
    It really is crazy how fast it can happen. When was she due? I'm sitting in gp surgery waiting to be called. Wonder what he has to say today about baby :-)

I'm getting really excited about baby arriving now I can't wait to meet him still another 5 weeks or so but that's not really too long away.

Lille is today your last day in work? Oh how I'd love to finish up now. But I've so much to do in work the nxt two weeks.

Ellie, she was due in about 2 weeks from now, so the baby came a little bit early. And yes, it's my last day today, so happy!!! Can't wait to not to getting up early and not to commuting :) We got my replacement in very early, back in November (as there is huge amount of handover), so by now I'm very confident that the new girl will be able to deal with everything without me.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

yellow hen wrote: »
    Appt went fine elly. Little bubs is still head down thank god. They just said he is very active and it can be quite sore when they're moving. I asked about size again and they said that they only give an indication of size if its on the extreme small or large size. I'm happy with that so apparently I have an "average" baby!

I bought my maternity pads in boots too. They seemed as big as the ones in mothercare. Holy Jesus I can't imagine having to wear anything much bigger... We'd be walking like John Wayne!

I hadn't spotted that wicklori had gone until someone said it... Hope everything's ok for her. Maybe work's just busy etc.

Delighted yellowhen that everything is going well for you and baby:)Re the pads,my mind is boggled by them,last time around I had a bad bleed just after baby arrived,it was sorted and settled down straight after delivery,I never needed any more than an always with wings for a week after birth,had what was like a light period,I don't know if this was because I lost most of it straight after birth.I will bring both and have both at home just to be on the safe side this time.May seem like a really silly question but this side of things is new to me-does anyone know from previous pregnancies if you bleed much after a section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hi Everyone!!!
    Nothing dramatic to report!!! Nice to be missed :-) Just away with work over past few days.

One sore boob today-anyone any thoughts? Tender for past 2 days.... Felt a bit hot this morning.

Caramel your offer sounds great! I might struggle with cooking as won't be at home but maybe I could bring dessert? Do you promise to teach me how to breathe???????

I got the dreaded pads in Sam Macauleys Chemist as they were recommended at ante-natal class. Individually wrapped hospital ones. No idea how any woman could walk or conduct life with such an item to contend with but-well-it is what it is.
    Yellowhen we too have an 'average' baby-started to take exception to the sonographer and consultant using the word so often-my child is extraordinary-do they not understand that????
    Still have no nursing bra and no dressing gown, otherwise all packed. eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

So turns out.... I have mastitis! That's what the sore boob was. and isn't it sore let me tell ye!

meggysmom wrote: »
    Delighted yellowhen that everything is going well for you and baby:)Re the pads,my mind is boggled by them,last time around I had a bad bleed just after baby arrived,it was sorted and settled down straight after delivery,I never needed any more than an always with wings for a week after birth,had what was like a light period,I don't know if this was because I lost most of it straight after birth.I will bring both and have both at home just to be on the safe side this time.May seem like a really silly question but this side of things is new to me-does anyone know from previous pregnancies if you bleed much after a section?

I have a friend who just had one and she was supposed by how much she bled. She assumed they'd suction alot of the blood when they were in there.

wicklori wrote: »
    So turns out.... I have mastitis! That's what the sore boob was. and isn't it sore let me tell ye!

Jesus can tha happen already? I've heard it's dreadfully painful! What do you do to clear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

Hi ladies. Jumping in. Re the pads: 3 days after an emergency section and I have a heavy flow. I am using the Tesco Mumms maternity pads. They are really soft cotton and slightly smaller than the hosp ones. Very comfortable. I forget I have them. One thing I forgot was when ur waters break they will want to monitor colour. I put all my post knickers in the baby bag not delivery bag and had no pants to wear. I wud pack those extra large ones in both bags. Also the Coombe give u pads and everyone gets 3 pillows.

I had an emergency section and can't wear pj's. consider investing in night dresses. I bought 3 by chance and they weren't enough.

Off to learn how to bath this baby!!

Thanks expecting.hope everything's going well for you. :)

Last week ofwork coming up...last weekend of having to go to work on the Monday for 9 months....super excited now!!! Lilbe you're off already aren't you?

I am HUGE now. Don't mind at all but every now and again I see myself in a window and get a shock that I'm so heavily pregnant! Like...how did that happen????!!

Wicklori!!! hello!!!
    Was wondering... ;-) ;-) :-)
    !!
    Glad you are ok but sorry to hear about the mastiti thing, does NOT sound nice for you.... hope it eases off...

Great you are up for the 2nd, fab... sounds like Lilbe is the only one of us who knows how to, and can, cook, hee hee!! Lilbe, it's going to all down to you and your fabulous salad, ha ha!!, Only joking.... We'll work it out, we can always throw an auld piazza in the oven, we'll probably all be too tired for cooking at that point anyways... So we could just have a piazza evening!!

Also have most things packed now into two bags in case of hospital transfer, apart from dressing gown too!! And bras!! But sure as I said the boobs haven't even grown, LOL!

Jas, nearly 3 weeks till due date and there was your friend, Lilbe, coming 2 weeks early... whoaaaa... any day now then could be girlies!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Hi everyone,

Been offline for over a week because my brother got married last week, and my other brother had his new baby home from canada for the wedding, so we had a christening as well. It was hectic. Haven't caught up on all the posts yet, but I will when I get a chance!

Hope you're all doing well. 3.5 weeks of work left for me. Don't know how I will manage. I'm feeling very tired today but I'm sure it's last week catching up.

hi aniascor!
    sounds like you have lad your hands full alright!
    Hope it was fun!
    :-)

Hey girls! Wicklori, sorry for your mastitis, I didn't realise you can get it without breast feeding! Yellow Hen, yes, was first day off work today, and so far I love maternity leave, nice and relaxing, OH called me several times from work to remind me to relax, and I thoroughly followed his advice, haha! Caramelbarrel, oh yes, I love to cook. Have planned to cook 2 dishes and a poppyseed roulade tomorrow, just because I have time :-) On the hospital bag front I'm halfway there - the suitcase is there waiting to be packed, and all baby's and my stuff for the hospital is in 2 boxes, now just need to move it to a suitcase :-)

• Advertisement

Go Lilbe!
    Very pro-active with the bags!

I have two tiny bags, hmmmm, not sure i've done it right!!!

Glad you like cooking too !!
    Think the rest of us are going to be pulling it out of our blah blah's!!
    I'll try to do a feta cheese and brocoli pasta, I think I can do one of those not to badly :-) :-)

Last day of teaching is tomorrow! 2 - Class in day and class in night...
    Exactly 3 weeks till due date. So 3 weeks to get bits done and chill too.
    Do have to go in on Saturday morning to supervise my classes so kind of last day tomorrow....kind of working on Saturday again
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hi everyone hope everyone had a nice weekend. Its really scary how the time went. I'm very happy with all the healthy pregnancies. My friend had a baby Friday and was like labour is fine and she had a 9'6 baby but also cheated with an epidural but it doesn't sound too bad. Are we only supposed to have one bag or two bags. I have a labour bag and a Ward bag. I've another 2 weeks left at work :( I'm wreckrd and chickenpox is going round the creche :( think I'm ok though x

Go Lilbe!
    Very pro-active with the bags!

I have two tiny bags, hmmmm, not sure i've done it right!!!
    I have 3 bags! Not that I'm taking a lot with me, but it's just the stuff is so bulky! My bathrobe takes a lot of space, and then a separate bag just for nappies, maternity pads etc. The packs these are packed in are just huge!

Lilbe wrote: »
    I have 3 bags! Not that I'm taking a lot with me, but it's just the stuff is so bulky! My bathrobe takes a lot of space, and then a separate bag just for nappies, maternity pads etc. The packs these are packed in are just huge!

I just have a tiny fabric bag for labour wars and a piece of cabin sized luggage for main ward. My dressing grown is only light tho, I figured I'd die of heat in anything heavier. I'm also only bringing some sanitary things and my oh can bring more each day. Just need to get some small bottles of shampoo/cond. is anyone bringing a hair dryer it is that stupid? I have hair that dries like a wynnbush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Girls you may want to pack a fresh top / clothes for you other half incase it's needed

Hey ladies, it's getting so close now.

YH did you end up going to the last Physio class yesterday? I went to mine today and it only lasted about an hour and 10mins but felt I got a lot from it just in relation to the breathing & panting in 2nd stage labour and also about how soon ya can exercise afterwards. I defo feel all the classes Ive gone to were worthwhile!

Baby furniture arrived today, OH and his friend are putting it together 2moro can't wait to see it :-)

Tried the perineal massage tonight gave up after about 5mins struggled to reach and then didn't feel I was doing it right!!

So jealous of all you ladies finishing up work this week :-( I've 11 working days left!!

How are we all feeling??

How long are you guys planning on staying in??!!!! 3 bags??!!!

Well, with the Domino scheme I get home 6 hours after the birth... So, maybee that's why I have two tiny bags with just a few bits inside.

Yellow Hen - hilarious with the hair dryer, LOL!! Don't think you'll care what your hair is doing when you are holding your wee precious child in your arms and feeling all the love in the world ;-) ;-)

5 mins it good Elly!!!
    well done!!
    I agree it's very hard to reach mind you....
    !

• Advertisement

5 mins it good Elly!!!
    well done!!
    I agree it's very hard to reach mind you....
    !

I'm not sure I'll try it again, OH said he'd do it but he's not 100% comfortable so I don't want him to do it, it will just make me tense and uncomfortable knowing he's not comfortable. So stitches it will have to be :-/

In relation to the bags I've 2packed but my hosp one is big enough and it's still a tight squeeze to get everything in. My towels, nappies and pads take up a lot of space.... I think I might get OH to bring hairdryer in and take in home after I've used it. My hair drys awful by itself!

Advertisement