Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Julzzz

hello everyone!!!i`m left 16 days ,hopefully everything goes on time...have packed bags ...1 huge one+ 2 small ones....:))) hopefully not too much:D:D:D:Dcant wait....massive at this stage, feel more tired then usually... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

How long are you guys planning on staying in??!!!! 3 bags??!!!

Well, with the Domino scheme I get home 6 hours after the birth... So, maybee that's why I have two tiny bags with just a few bits inside.

Yellow Hen - hilarious with the hair dryer, LOL!! Don't think you'll care what your hair is doing when you are holding your wee precious child in your arms and feeling all the love in the world ;-) ;-)
    One bag is pretty much just my bathrobe, it takes so much space. And the other bag is just packs of nappies, maternity pads, breast pads - one pack of each, they are just massive. Kind of afraid to open them and take out individual ones in case they are not individually packed inside, so carrying the whole packs. And then the rest is in my third bag, which is a hand luggage suitcase, the bulky stuff there are slippers, my towel and baby towel. In relation to hairdryer if I really need it, OH can bring it to me, I don't have any place to put it anyway, I refuse to bring bag number 4 ! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Lilbe wrote: »
    One bag is pretty much just my bathrobe, it takes so much space. And the other bag is just packs of nappies, maternity pads, breast pads - one pack of each, they are just massive. Kind of afraid to open them and take out individual ones in case they are not individually packed inside, so carrying the whole packs. And then the rest is in my third bag, which is a hand luggage suitcase, the bulky stuff there are slippers, my towel and baby towel. In relation to hairdryer if I really need it, OH can bring it to me, I don't have any place to put it anyway, I refuse to bring bag number 4 ! :-)

Its surprising how much space the towels/nappies/pads take up in the bag.

Our baby furniture arrived on Tuesday and OH had arranged for his friend to call around first thing this morning to put it all together but when i arrived home from work last night it was all put together and in the nursery, another friend called and put it all together, i am absolutely in love with it, it goes perfect with the colour of the room and i already started to organise all the stuff i have to put in it. Finally feels like its coming together. The box room is no longer our laundry room it has been transformed into the nursery and it just looks amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

elly123 wrote: »
    Its surprising how much space the towels/nappies/pads take up in the bag.

Our baby furniture arrived on Tuesday and OH had arranged for his friend to call around first thing this morning to put it all together but when i arrived home from work last night it was all put together and in the nursery, another friend called and put it all together, i am absolutely in love with it, it goes perfect with the colour of the room and i already started to organise all the stuff i have to put in it. Finally feels like its coming together. The box room is no longer our laundry room it has been transformed into the nursery and it just looks amazing :D

Aw that's so lovely!!! Our spare room continues to be a laundry-and will be for the foreseeable! Baby isn't getting a nursery until we move-poor neglected child!
    Finally managed to get a dressing gown I am happy with (there's always something!) yesterday in Mothercare and it's not huge so bags haven't grown too much! I have 3 bags, but I don't need to bring nappies or baby toiletries as the hospital provide them-can't imagine how I would fit them all if I needed them as well!!!!!

wicklori wrote: »
    Aw that's so lovely!!! Our spare room continues to be a laundry-and will be for the foreseeable! Baby isn't getting a nursery until we move-poor neglected child!
    Finally managed to get a dressing gown I am happy with (there's always something!) yesterday in Mothercare and it's not huge so bags haven't grown too much! I have 3 bags, but I don't need to bring nappies or baby toiletries as the hospital provide them-can't imagine how I would fit them all if I needed them as well!!!!!

That's such a bonus that you don't need to bring the nappies or toiletries because they really do take up a lot of space. Wicklori when are you going out on maternity leave?

• Advertisement

That's such a bonus that you don't need to bring the nappies or toiletries because they really do take up a lot of space. Wicklori when are you going out on maternity leave?

Oh don't talk to me! Smell the martyr burning here! I am due to finish next thursday 28th. I am supposed to work from home/flexi-work next week-so hopefully that will work out! I am not really 'feeling it' at the moment!

Oh don't talk to me! Smell the martyr burning here! I am due to finish next thursday 28th. I am supposed to work from home/flexi-work next week-so hopefully that will work out! I am not really 'feeling it' at the moment!

i have to say since i switched from 9.30-5.30 to 10-5 i am finding it so much easier to get up and go to work, before it was such a hassle. I have 4 days next week and then my replacement is in with me the following Monday and she will be basically doing everything i'll be sitting on the couch chilling reading a mag but i'll be here if she needs me for anything or has any questions or queries :) Im kinda looking forward to that :)

i have to say since i switched from 9.30-5.30 to 10-5 i am finding it so much easier to get up and go to work, before it was such a hassle. I have 4 days next week and then my replacement is in with me the following Monday and she will be basically doing everything i'll be sitting on the couch chilling reading a mag but i'll be here if she needs me for anything or has any questions or queries :) Im kinda looking forward to that :)
    That's what I'm hoping next week will be like! Might even drive a couple of days-the luxury!!!

That's what I'm hoping next week will be like! Might even drive a couple of days-the luxury!!!

Driving for me is a pain....i am still getting the back pain on my right, around my ribs and i only get it from Driving and sitting at my desk in work but it would take me forever to get to work if i didn't drive! I really have to admire you commuting to work I wouldn't be able for it.....

Are you feeling any pressure down below at all? I have noticed in the last two days that when i get up of my chair in work the pressure down there is very strong! I actually get a pain in my a'ss from sitting a lot of the day!

Not long left for us all though. The month of Feb has flown in its great :) next friday is the 1st March where have the last 8 months gone!!

I'm lucky because of the nature of work-I am up and down and in and out which is great for not getting pains and aches. Notic the difference when I have a paperwork day-don't know how you ladies do it!
    Lots of pressure down there by the end of the day though-hardly able to walk up the stairs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hey all, I, finally finish work tomorrow!! Am smothered with a head cold at the minute though.... Feel utterly miserable with it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hi everyone its really exciting getting everything ready and the time flew and how we've come so far from a few weeks to nearly full term. I wish everyone a very successful labour and just think in 5 -6 weeks we'll definitely have our baby. Yellow hen your the closest I hope you get better soon. 2 weeks left at work wish it was tomorrow ha . So close now better stop getting excited ill go into pre labour ha ha xx

annettea wrote: »
    Hi everyone its really exciting getting everything ready and the time flew and how we've come so far from a few weeks to nearly full term. I wish everyone a very successful labour and just think in 5 -6 weeks we'll definitely have our baby. Yellow hen your the closest I hope you get better soon. 2 weeks left at work wish it was tomorrow ha . So close now better stop getting excited ill go into pre labour ha ha xx

I think wicklori is the same date as me. 2 weeks today is d day!! Finally off work.....yippeeeeee!!

yellow hen wrote: »

I think wicklori is the same date as me. 2 weeks today is d day!! Finally off work.....yippeeeeee!!
    Ye should have a bet :) I Wish both of ye the best, I've 2 weeks left at work :( I'm getting the braxton Hicks hope it feels the same as the real thing ha. Not that painful but you know what they say no pain no gain x x

Ye should have a bet :) I Wish both of ye the best, I've 2 weeks left at work :( I'm getting the braxton Hicks hope it feels the same as the real thing ha. Not that painful but you know what they say no pain no gain x x

I don't think I've even had braxton hicks yet so I've a rude awakening coming!!

Just because I have to say it.......

I have no work tomorrow :) ..................in fact, I don't have to work for another 7 months!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

whoohooo! yay yellow hen, that's great!
    the braxton hicks are very mild so you're not missing much, they are just like little period pain.... sometimes a little bigger than little ;-) ;-)

elly, i also have full on pressure down below - kind of in front and very lower, like all around the pubic bone radius. sitting for too long and then standing up is quite full on alright, and I agree Wickori - hard to walk even..

jas, true true, where did Feb go at all, at all?
    i'm nearly 2 weeks to due date so just behind you guys YH and Wicklori... mental or what!

I have to go for another scan on Wednesday, the last midwife that came for the home visit wasn't happy with the size - again - too small... I'm like for F**** sake, I'm a small narrow person, of course baby is not going to be a big baby, she'll be fine... but no, I've to go and get another scan and if this midwife is not happy with the size then there's no Home Birth...
    .....so....
    let's see.....

so Jealous of you ladies finished work! i would have loved nothing better than to stay in bed this morning.

I'm still in bits with my mid back and around my rib and top of my bump, im getting the aches with a burning/stinging sensation its horrible. Woke up the last 3 mornings with pins and needles in my right hand and was up at 4 am sun morning with heartburn and 4.30 this morning just uncomfortable with back pain and also waking up to go to the loo...... its all hitting me now!! Have my nxt hosp appt on Friday.

I was going to start with the raspberry leaf tea but i read that its not advisable to drink if you have a family or personal history of endometriosis so said id wait to see consultant first before drinking it. Im sure at 36 weeks it would be fine to drink but better safe than sorry and prob wont be much good now as i think ya have to be drinking it from 6-8 weeks before due date.

My Friend is due today wonder will she go before the end of the week :)

Caramelbarrel hopefully the scan will go well and baby will be fine, but as you said you are a small narrow person so surely they don't expect baby to be huge, plus you obv have really strong stomach muscles so maybe they are not able to measure correctly with their hands, baby could be lying towards your back aswel. Just be open minded about the birth as im sure you are, as long as baby gets here safe and your both safe and healthy well then it doesn't matter if your at home or in hospital. It would be great if you did get to do the home birth but sure what is meant to be will be.

Hope scan goes ok caramelb. I wouldn't pay too much heed to comments re babies size. My consultant won't tell me anything re my babies size as the margin for error is too great. In a way I'm glad as I can't be fretting about it.

I'm 38+3 now and am just pooped. The pressure has completely increased and walking has gotten much harder. Am going to try rest up over the next few days in case bubs comes early. Kind of scary how quick it came around.

O wow YH, 38+3?? whoa, so close...
    i'm 38 weeks on Wednesday, ...so real close too I suppose!
    thanks, i'm not getting stressed about her size, i know that midwife was just being a bit of a plonker

thanks elly, yea, I am absolutely open about where i have her, not dead set on it 'having' to be a Home Birth, if I end up in hospital, that's fine too. I'll have my Doula with me either way, so will focus on her, my body and my baby regardless of whether the Home Birth idea follows through or not... thanks...

At this point, I do just want her delivered safe and sound, wherever that is... yea, go with the flow...

I'm pooped too YH, wrecked, and lots of pressure around the groin....especially at night.

Yup, Elly, I stopped sleeping weeks ago, too uncomfortable and baby thrashing around all night....

How is everyone feeling?
    Are we still feeling like meeting this Saturday? Coming to my house? Or meeting somewhere?

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hope scan goes ok caramelb. I wouldn't pay too much heed to comments re babies size. My consultant won't tell me anything re my babies size as the margin for error is too great. In a way I'm glad as I can't be fretting about it.

I'm 38+3 now and am just pooped. The pressure has completely increased and walking has gotten much harder. Am going to try rest up over the next few days in case bubs comes early. Kind of scary how quick it came around.

I will be 38 tomorrow! Caramelbarrel, we just have 1 day difference! I'm feeling pretty good, considering that i'm staying at home and relaxing a lot. Walking is ok, but getting comfortable when sleeping is a challenge.
    i'm still fine with saturday, I don't mind where to meet, would be great to see you girls again!

I'm still on for Saturday be great to catch up again before our Mini me's arrive :-)

Ah fab!
    YaY!
    Looking forward to meeting up again too :-) before our mini me's come, hee hee!

So, we just need to decide what to do... come here if you like or if it's better to meet somewhere, I really don't mind.... :-) will be great to hang out again :-) Do we want to do lunch at 2.30 or later in afternoon, more early dinner at 5pm?

anyone else up for meeting on Sat? So far, it's elly and lilbe and me .... :-)

Hi everyone.. baby is going to come early doc saidbmaybe the weekend I'm petrified ..but ill be 37 weeks at weekend.
    U looking forward to ur scan carmelbella? I'm sure everything will be perfect xx hows everyone? Ye wrecked and ready? Xx

Hi caramelb, I prob won't make it on sat. Think my parents are going to come visit.... They're so excited now bless! Don't think I'll get to meet you ladies before this bubs arrives so hopefully ill see you after for a little play date!

Annette, why do they think you're going to go this weekend? Is the head that low? I have an internal on thurs so hoping ill get an idea of when i'll go then.

Ah fab!
    YaY!
    Looking forward to meeting up again too :-) before our mini me's come, hee hee!

So, we just need to decide what to do... come here if you like or if it's better to meet somewhere, I really don't mind.... :-) will be great to hang out again :-) Do we want to do lunch at 2.30 or later in afternoon, more early dinner at 5pm?

anyone else up for meeting on Sat? So far, it's elly and lilbe and me .... :-)
    I don't mind, lunch sounds pretty good. :-)
    was at the doctor today and it's most probably a c section for me - the little one still has his head up. but at least now I know what to expect :-)

Hi lilbe u ok with the c-section? The baby just dropped properly today but its just I've been having the braxton xbhicksbcontractions since Thursday and they're getting worse, and the doc felt the tummy tensing :) I'm really nervous and scared :)
    Yellow hen u looking forward to your internal? ;) hows bump? X

Hi lilbe u ok with the c-section? The baby just dropped properly today but its just I've been having the braxton xbhicksbcontractions since Thursday and they're getting worse, and the doc felt the tummy tensing :) I'm really nervous and scared :)

Ha, I'm dreading the internal.... Feel a bit prude-ish about it. Am gonna have to get over that as there's alot more indignity to come!!!

I don't think I've had braxton hicks yet. Poor you, dealing with them since last week. Try to think positive thoughts.... You're going to meet your son/daughter soon :) I'm scared I could be like this until the 21st march if the coombe let me go over!

I don't mind the c section itself, I just think I will freak out because of anaestetic - when you are conscious but can't feel your legs and then afterwards waiting untill the anaestetic stops it's action, I bet I will have all kind of paranoid thoughts, like what if this weird feeling is forever etc. I would honestly prefer a general one, but they don't recommend it it so I need to come to peace with spinal or epidural. already talked to my doctor about it and will as well talk to anaestesiologist on the day about it.Need to stop being duch a paranoic :-)

• Advertisement

hi anneta, wow...don't worry, it's the fun part starting ;-)
    and just to let you know --- i've been having Braxton Hicks since Christmas!! YUP, they started Christmas week when I was in Lanzarote!!! Now, I have to say over the past week they are getting stronger and more regular - like every single night I wake up with cramps. I don't see a OBS, so I don't have one to tell me things like baby might be coming early if Braxton Hicks are getting stronger and every night-ish... But you just never know, I don't think it means you are going to have your baby this weekend!! think you can relax :-)

No, would rather not be getting another scan... it's all fine I'm sure, but it's just a bit of stress that I'd rather not have.... and so what about her size once she, her fluid, my placenta are all fine!! Anyways, we'll see what happens tomorrow....

Lilbe, you'll have to be strict with you thoughts - of course your feeling in your legs will come back!!!! LOL!!!

Ok for lunch time then, about 2.30 or 3pm ok for you guys?

YHen, sorry you can't come, thats such a pity :-( :-( but defo let's all get together WITH our wee ones!!!!

Advertisement