Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

whoohoooo!!! Go Lilbe... well done girlie!!
    Can't wait to meet your lovely little Jacob
    :-)
    Keep us informed on how it's going!!!!!

Congrats to KKitty!! Lovely story :-)

yes, hoping the curry that elly and i had today will bring on labour, hee hee!
    let's get this March baby flow going!!
    thanks YH, lunch was delish :-) :-) :-)

and Lilbe, do let us know if you really need those 3 suitcases of yours, LOL!!! ha ha!!
    and enjoy every moment :-)
    hahaha, re bags, you definetely need just basic hygienic products for yourself - you don't need a hairdryer, makeup, even body butter is still unused - there is no time for anything, I just try to catch sleep any few minutes that I can. today I slept 1,5 hours at night when the baby was asleep and then got another couple hours between feeds when oh came to the hospital, and I think I'm doing very good, the first day went without sleep for a long time.
    you need blankets for the baby, babygrows, vests, mittens, hats. nappies! and I find wipes are easier to use than cotton wools. so basically take out all your stuff of the bag and put in babys things :-)
    breastfeeding got more difficult - milk has come and apparently babys feeding habits change, so trying to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Another one to the list girls! Our gorgeous little boy arrived at 4am this morning after a 25hr labour. 5 days early!!!He is just perfect and I feel on top of the world!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah congrats Yellow Hen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hi everyone hows bumps and babies? I'm absolutely delighted for yellow hen, lilbe and killerkitty ;) how are ye feeling? I'm still pregnant thought sat night it was it but it was false labour :( still have 20 days left :)
    Yellow Hen did u go for epidural? I'm really scared about the whole childbirth, xx

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Wow 4 days into march and so many babies,congrats to you all,Yellowhen I am so trilled for you,i bet you are just beaming,well done,hope it wasn't to bad even though it was a long labour.Very exciting,Will probably be joining the march myself by the looks of it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Big congrats girls, cant believe we have 3 march baby's already they really are coming quick and sharp :)

my cousin had a baby boy yesterday and another girl i know had a baby boy on Saturday al a few days early.

My family and friends organised a surprise baby shower for me yesterday, i got the shock of my life, i had no idea at all that it was planned and it was in my house :) the OH made sure we were out of the house for a few hrs yesterday morning while it was all organised. I got so much lovely stuff for baby, i am still not the better of it, if im honest. But it was a lovely surprise.

I taught the excitement had kicked started something last night for me, i had regular pains every 20mins or so for a good 2-3 hrs but managed to get asleep and haven't had much pain since. My due date is 3 weeks today so im not expecting to go early but it would be brilliant as i cant wait to meet my little man now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Oh wow congrats YH!! Amazing to think how fair we've come since ttc thread :) enjoy every second of your precious bundle!!

And congrats to the other march mums, you have got off to a quick start, hope April follows suit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

annettea wrote: »
    Hi everyone hows bumps and babies? I'm absolutely delighted for yellow hen, lilbe and killerkitty ;) how are ye feeling? I'm still pregnant thought sat night it was it but it was false labour :( still have 20 days left :)
    Yellow Hen did u go for epidural? I'm really scared about the whole childbirth, xx
    Well done yh! Try not to worry annettea, child birth is scary but you will do it and be fine. I got the epi as I found the increased pain of the contractions were beginning to panic me. It was the best decision for me as I could remain calm and focussed on the prize! See how you feel and let the midwifes know your fears :-)
    I have a second degree tear which weirdly enough was fine and doesn't hurt much. The rest of my body is in bits though, feel like I pulled every muscle I have! It'll

I'll write properly again but getting to 3cm was v hard. I was taken to the labour ward then and I got my epi and the gas/air. I have to say the difference they made was tremendous. I am in utter admiration for any woman who goes through it without pain relief. I personally was not able. Getting to 10cm was easy and the actually birth happened in 4 contractions (12mins). He also took to the boob v quickly and that's been going great.

Baby 7lb10. I have some 2nd degree tearing but no pain really so feeling pretty good. Elly the coombe were fabulous and the new labour/delivery suite is so nice. We were so impressed with everything.

Best of luck girls, ill post more details when I get home. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Loopy li

Congrats everyone who has their little baby already, it's been a busy few days!
    Due in nine days and getting impatient as first baby was 12 days early so mentally thought this babs would be early too - not feeling likely ;) I guess when they are good and ready!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

WOW!!! YELLOW HEN!! CONGRATS!!!
    O my gosh, 25 hours??? WTF!!
    But a beautiful wee boy - how fabulous!!! WELL DONE! What's his name?? Have you decided yet??!!
    And thanks for sharing you story, glad you felt in control of how you needed the birth to be, that is great.... ENJOY!

Lilbe, I knew you wouldn't need 3 big suitcases!!! Ha ha ha, did you think you were going on holidays???!!!
    ;-)
    Hee hee... thanks for sharing what is necessary... so basically baby clothes and nappies and some toiletries for mom, great...good to know, might put in some more baby clothes then.... into my ONE little bag, LOL!!! ;-)
    Hope it's still going well.... interesting to hear about the sleep part, (or lack of!) yea, not looking forward to that side of it!

Whooohoooo... who'll be next??!!

Elly, Baby Shower sounds lovely... you deserve it!!! Lovely :-)

Loopi, i'm also due in 9 days, on the 13th! But have another scan on Wednesday to see if baby has put on weight since last Wed...

Please pray she has gained weight - I really don't want to be induced!!!

yellow hen wrote: »
    Another one to the list girls! Our gorgeous little boy arrived at 4am this morning after a 25hr labour. 5 days early!!!He is just perfect and I feel on top of the world!!
    Big cograts Yellow Hen! Hope you manage to get some rest :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

just popping over from feb thread as its march and still no baba!! 5 days overdue now on baby no. 5 and have homebirth organised. if baby is too late cant have homebirth and ill be devastated :-( Hopefully he shows up soon. Good luck to all you other mamas to be

Yellow hen I can't wait to hear the full story. So happy that you had a great experience with the Coombe. Can't believe your little man is here you must be on cloud 9. I'm still working away 3 working days left, I'm hoping I don't last but I know I will be prob still here in April :-(

CB - I'm saying a little prayer that your little girl will have gained weight by Wednesday be interesting to see what they say xx

K-kitty hope you and baby are doing well x

Lilbe when will you get home with baby?

Hope everyone else is keeping well :-)

Thank you for your stories :) everyone I know has had epidurals so ill be expecting it to be a bit painful ha. Yh how did u know when to go to hospital? Glad the bf is working out ..
    Elly don't worry we prob be here together, I got a docs note to finish last Fri thank God was not able for it, how r u? I'm sooo tired can't do anything.
    Carmel I hope baby puts up the weight and its not much to put up u just need rest!
    Lilbe hows ur tummy x

Yes annettea we can keep eachother company here :-) it's grat you can rest up now, I actually have an awful lot to do in the nxt 3 days work wise. Have lunch organised for Friday with work, going to my fav restaurant and its Malaysian so nice and spicy ;-)

I had hosp appt last Friday and glucose +2 showed in my urine so doc took swabs but didnt seem bothered by it at all. Back in hosp on Friday so will have results then. Hopefully urine will be clear this week.

Thanks guys, thanks for thoughts, thanks elly for prayers...
    You guys are so sweet...
    Trying to rest!
    Please God she has grown a bit :-)

Home Birth out the door but still a chance for a natural birth, please.....please.....please....

How u feeling about the hospital birth than home birth Carmel? How u feeling?
    Elly spicy sounds like a good plan. Maybe you'll be this weekend ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Wow Yellowhen! Massive congrats to you and mr. Yellowhen! Great great news! You're making me anxious now-we shared a due date almost...... Eeeeek!!
    Name??
    25 hours you poor thing. Still-all over now and you have your precious bundle! Well done lady :-)
    I'm enjoying the mat leave-today first official day.... Got my hair done, in the spa tomorrow. But the pressure down below is inhuman!
    Caramel I'm sending your baba lots of grow-vibes!!
    Lilliebe... Good woman for the pointers re the bag. My bag is well- bulging! And I have no clothes for coming home in it... Really need to organise that!

Wicklori, hey!
    Won't you go home in the clothes you go there in??!!!
    That's my plan anyhows, just to get home in after all.... maybee that's why I only have one wee bag, LOL!!
    Can't be bothered to pack a load I think... And for the record, me too, the pressure around down below is FULL ON....quite painful at times...

Thank you so much for the baba grow-vibes, love that.... thank you :-) :-) you're so good.

She's just gotta grow with all these good wishes :-) you guys are great :-)

Annetta, I'm ok about losing the Home Birth, was gutted, had the pool all set up and was looking forward to the water birth style....but I do feel ok about it now... If baby IS small, and the scanning machines are correct, and then she needs something, the hospital will provide that.... So, I can understand that and I'm ok about that really... It's just the inducement that I'm not ok with....not at all.
    But as I said, she has just got to have grown with all the good wishes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Wicklori, hey!
    Won't you go home in the clothes you go there in??!!!
    That's my plan anyhows, just to get home in after all.... maybee that's why I only have one wee bag, LOL!!
    Can't be bothered to pack a load I think... And for the record, me too, the pressure around down below is FULL ON....quite painful at times...

Thank you so much for the baba grow-vibes, love that.... thank you :-) :-) you're so good.

She's just gotta grow with all these good wishes :-) you guys are great :-)

Annetta, I'm ok about losing the Home Birth, was gutted, had the pool all set up and was looking forward to the water birth style....but I do feel ok about it now... If baby IS small, and the scanning machines are correct, and then she needs something, the hospital will provide that.... So, I can understand that and I'm ok about that really... It's just the inducement that I'm not ok with....not at all.
    But as I said, she has just got to have grown with all the good wishes

What if your waters break while you're wearing the clothes you go to the hospital in Caramelbarrel? I've packed clothes that I know fit me comfortably when I was 4-5 months pregnant for coming home in. Based on last time, that's what will fit me on the way home after birth.

Totally understand your apprehension about induction. I'd feel the same way about it. Re the hospital birth though - it's definitely possible to have a positive hospital experience. I did last time in the Rotunda.

Huge congratulations to Yellow Hen and Lilbe! Potentially I still have up to five more weeks to go (due in three weeks) so very jealous! :)

CB, hope your baby grows big and strong and they will let you to have a natural birth. But even if that's not the case, remember that the most important thing is that the baby arrives safely.
    In relation to my tummy it's fine, the scar needs to heal, but the stitches are removed and I can walk around. They are discharging us today, very happy about that, looking forward to be not on my own at night. Though in hospital midwifes are great and you can call them any time you need them, it's still different to having oh around.
    Had a bit of a breakdown today in the morning when didn't get much sleep at night - I guess it all got a bit on top of me, but now I'm fine, the baby was really good at breastfeeding and made me feed him non stop throughout the night, I should have just asked midwives about it straight away, but I let it get me exhausted before I actually talked to someone. Now will be wiser and will think about myself as well - there is no use in being exhausted, nobody will benefit from it.
    so who is the next march mama? :-)

Hi everyone.hows bumps and babies? Did u get the great wave of energy before waters broke lilbe? I can't wait for it I'm wrecked. How u doing in work Elly?
    Aniascor do u think you'll go on d date? Baby has really relaxed so I think baby will come around d date plus it'd too early I'd like baby to be a healthy weight but I really really can't wait to meet this baby.
    Lilbe glad to know ur tummy is on the mend. Xx

Hey Annettea, work is grand im quite busy and I've still tons to do. Literally only have 2moro and Thursday as I'm back in the hosp Friday for check up. The lads in my office are absolutely dreading the next 7 months, I have cover but there is a lot to learn and it comes second nature to me. I'm happy enough things will be ok but I will prob come back to a huge build up/mess of stuff to be done!! I'm not going to worry about it tho.

I have a little more energy but can't be on my feet too long my legs get so tired from the weight! I can't go to bed early or else I'm waking between 4-5 and do be wide awake. I'm trying to stay awake until about 12:30, 1ish so then I'll sleep until 7-8.

How are you feeling?

Aniascor, thanks! didn't even think of that, yea, good point... !
    Ok, great, now I have something else to put in my bag - might make it to two bags, great... thanks for telling me :-)

Yea, imagine hospital birth can be wonderful too - and at the end of the day; happy healthy baby and mom is the way to go...

Let's see what happens tomorrow... Lilbe, happy for you that you are being let go home and tum tums is getting all better already :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Hi everyone.hows bumps and babies? Did u get the great wave of energy before waters broke lilbe? I can't wait for it I'm wrecked. How u doing in work Elly?
    Aniascor do u think you'll go on d date? Baby has really relaxed so I think baby will come around d date plus it'd too early I'd like baby to be a healthy weight but I really really can't wait to meet this baby.
    Lilbe glad to know ur tummy is on the mend. Xx
    I went 10 days early at 38+3 last time annettea, so I'm really not sure. A friend of mine did the same on her first and then went 10 days over on her second, so I don't think there is any way to tell. Except to wait and see I guess.

I'd like to go around 39 weeks - not too early and no waiting around. But unfortunately it's not up to me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Loopy li

Good luck today CB, thinking of you.

Aniascor I have a similar story of friend two weeks early on first and ten days late on second.... I'm 39 weeks today and really really hope babs comes soon!

Carmel hope your well :) and baby is the 6 pounds, when are you due?
    Elly do u still clean the house from top to bottom? Lol all I can say is thank God I'm not working running around after little kids is not fun when your heavily pregnant and I'm not even big just neat :D I cleaned out the presses today that is all. Elly how do u sleep so little? U not wrecked? Yesterday I had a nap and was also in bed by half 9. Today no nap but I'll be having an early night wrecked already.I'd sleep the full night except the trips to toilet which I hate doing. Hows your replacement doing?
    Aniscor how you feeling? Especially with a toddler you must be wrecked :)
    Loopy how u feeling getting close now :) xx

Carmel hope your well :) and baby is the 6 pounds, when are you due?
    Elly do u still clean the house from top to bottom? Lol all I can say is thank God I'm not working running around after little kids is not fun when your heavily pregnant and I'm not even big just neat :D I cleaned out the presses today that is all. Elly how do u sleep so little? U not wrecked? Yesterday I had a nap and was also in bed by half 9. Today no nap but I'll be having an early night wrecked already.I'd sleep the full night except the trips to toilet which I hate doing. Hows your replacement doing?
    Aniscor how you feeling? Especially with a toddler you must be wrecked :)
    Loopy how u feeling getting close now :) xx

I'd say in getting about 6-7 hrs sleep which seems to be plenty for me at the min, I think it's just my body and nature preparing for what's ahead. I only left work at 20 to 8 this evening and I'm in my mams having dinner prob won't get home until 10ish but feeling fine. Should get every thing I need done tomorrow and then Im finished thankfully.

My feet are quite swollen tonight and I'm sitting most of the day! back in the hosp on Friday hope all is ok and baby is still head down.

I'm not physically able to clean as much as I was doing. I'm getting a bit done and OH is helping a lot so between us I'm happy that house is all ready for babs :-)

How are all you ladies feeling?

• Advertisement

Hi girls,

Hope you're all doing ok. I've been keeping up with you all but just haven't had the chance to reply.

As the little man is still asleep this morn I thought I'd write tell you a few if things I've found so far, might be if some help to other first timers like me. Excuse the spelling or errors as I'm on my phone.

The birth us actually fine. I was a bit nervous but keep telling myself it was just a process pain and breathed through each contraction. I found getting to 3cm quite hard without pain relief. After that the epi and gas/air were a dream and the sctual pushing a doddle. I have some 2nd degree tearing but it's healing fine.

We got a private room in the coombe which we didn't expect but is lovely as trying to get to grips with breastfeeding us hard enough.you are very much a milking machine on demand. I got the lactation consultant to come to me for an hour one day and it was the best thing ever. He's feeding like a dream now. I've also chosen to express a little to give me a break and following husband to bond with him when feeding.

Re things I brought to the coombe. I haven't really needed nipple pads yet, brought too many sanitary towels also and haven't bled much. You need about 20+ nappies for your baby (does depend on how long you stay) and lots of cotton wool. I'd also advise anyone breastfeeding to but the multi mam compresses now as they have been a saviour. I haven't bled or chapped once yet.

You'll need a few changes of pj's as you feel a bit sweaty and dirty. If you have a heavy bathrobe dont bring it, you will die from the heat and actually don't need it.

My oh just brought home dirties and in cleans as I needed them and as a result I only have one small bag to bring home.

Lastly and most importantly I had a mini moment on tue night. As lilbe said too, it gets on top if you and the sleep deprivation and constant need to feed becomes exhausting. Remember you are doing a great job and its just your hormones messing you around. Next day I felt like a new person.

I wish you all the very best and will hopefully see you over in the new babies thread when we're all ready. Will be dying to hear your news. X

Advertisement