Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

elly, that is good - i get about 4 hours i'd say with all the up and down to toilet, baby thrashing around...

well....
    i've to go in and be monitored every second day, and Wed definitely induced on her due date 13th -- if not before... and that was the doctor REALLY compromising with me as I really don't want to be pushed along. But she said that was really the best she could give me.

So in for monitoring tomorrow morning.... then Monday...just till Wednesday.... unless they see ANY change then I stay and am induced straight away.

All is fine and perfect with me and with baby, but they still want to do this... howandever.... at this point what can i do...

So could be me next girlies!!!

Loved reading your message Yellow H...

really nice, thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hi girls,

Hope you're all doing ok. I've been keeping up with you all but just haven't had the chance to reply.

As the little man is still asleep this morn I thought I'd write tell you a few if things I've found so far, might be if some help to other first timers like me. Excuse the spelling or errors as I'm on my phone.

The birth us actually fine. I was a bit nervous but keep telling myself it was just a process pain and breathed through each contraction. I found getting to 3cm quite hard without pain relief. After that the epi and gas/air were a dream and the sctual pushing a doddle. I have some 2nd degree tearing but it's healing fine.

We got a private room in the coombe which we didn't expect but is lovely as trying to get to grips with breastfeeding us hard enough.you are very much a milking machine on demand. I got the lactation consultant to come to me for an hour one day and it was the best thing ever. He's feeding like a dream now. I've also chosen to express a little to give me a break and following husband to bond with him when feeding.

Re things I brought to the coombe. I haven't really needed nipple pads yet, brought too many sanitary towels also and haven't bled much. You need about 20+ nappies for your baby (does depend on how long you stay) and lots of cotton wool. I'd also advise anyone breastfeeding to but the multi mam compresses now as they have been a saviour. I haven't bled or chapped once yet.

You'll need a few changes of pj's as you feel a bit sweaty and dirty. If you have a heavy bathrobe dont bring it, you will die from the heat and actually don't need it.

My oh just brought home dirties and in cleans as I needed them and as a result I only have one small bag to bring home.

Lastly and most importantly I had a mini moment on tue night. As lilbe said too, it gets on top if you and the sleep deprivation and constant need to feed becomes exhausting. Remember you are doing a great job and its just your hormones messing you around. Next day I felt like a new person.

I wish you all the very best and will hopefully see you over in the new babies thread when we're all ready. Will be dying to hear your news. X

YH, this is a very good message! I just want to add that if have a c section, you will be very selective at what underware to wear afterwards. What works for me are disposable maternity briefs from Mothercare - they don't touch the wound at all. And for going home I used maternity yoga pants, also very gentle on the wound. and just wanted to add, it does get overwhelming from time to time, especially at night and early mornings, when the baby is awake and crying and you have not got any sleep and life just seems miserable. Don't let it take you down, it's just a moment, you are doing a great job and the baby is the best reward you can get.

Thanks Lilbe.... good to know to expect these moments... thanks for sharing that. And to YHen too... that's important! I imagine getting these moments too where it all just seems too much, but thanks for letting us know that they are just up's and down's...part of the package....

Good news here!!!
    Different doctor today in Holles Street, a lovely man... who thinks baby girl is perfect with NORMAL growth!!
    Can you believe it??
    After all that stress the other doctors put me through.
    He thinks as everything is working perfectly and she is growing (6pounds 3 now) there is no need to 'rush' an inducement.
    SENSE AT LAST!!!
    AT LONG LAST!!

I am so relieved and delighted. It just felt so wrong to be being asked to come in for an inducement already.
    Mother's instinct, what?!!
    Thank God I listened to myself... thank god I didn't let them do it last week or this week!

So, he just said to come back on next Wed for another check up...
    And he just advised not to have a Home Birth because she is still a small baby...
    And he also advised not to let her go right to the end of 42 weeks -- cause the Placenta COULD slow down and she is small already --- but NOT risky small -- just a NORMAL growing small baby...

THANK GOD... a doctor who has his head screwed on!!!

So delighted....

YAY!

So come on baby girl.... let's get going naturally now in the next week or so!!!!!!!

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Over from feb thread but its deserted! Had my baby boy at 6.30 this evening at home. Was great and all went well.

Congrats cb hopefully all goes well for you and there is no need for induction. I was nine days over and it was my worst fear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Brilliant news Foxy. I will update the list in the Feb thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Congrats foxy, serious amount of boys in the last week, I think we have had one girI the rest boys :-) YH and Lilbe thanks so much for the heads up that's really helpful info a d feed back.

CB I'm so thrilled for you :-)

I had a check up in the hosp yesterday all good, baby still head down but not engaged, seems to be switching sides each week, wk before last his back was on the left, last week it was on the right side and now he's back to his back being on the left. My urine was clear aswel last week glucose +2 was showing but all good now. Doc was saying be great if he arrived early, and I'm back in nxt fri to see her, that's if I don't see her before then :-)

Finished work yesterday :-) after a long and busy week of working late and not sleeping I had a 9 and half hr sleep last night with no toilet interruptions can't believe it.

Legs and feet starting to swell really bad the last few days its horrible feeling but I know the end is near now and I can't wait to meet my little man :-)

How are all you ladies doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Hopefully you will not be waiting too much longer to meet him Elly

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

CB that's brilliant news I'm delighted for u, in least u can relax now for a week :)
    Foxy Congrats on your bundle of joy
    Happy mothers day to our new mummy's and mummy's to be. Any new babies join us?
    Elly hope u relaxed for the weekend and ur not as swollen :) how u doin? Only 2 weeks left hopefully. Did u have to get examined yet? I've a consultant

CB that's brilliant news I'm delighted for u, in least u can relax now for a week :)
    Foxy Congrats on your bundle of joy
    Happy mothers day to our new mummy's and mummy's to be. Any new babies join us?
    Elly hope u relaxed for the weekend and ur not as swollen :) how u doin? Only 2 weeks left hopefully. Did u have to get examined yet? I've a consultant appointment tomorrow and I don't know what to expect :) x

• Advertisement

First official day of maternity leave :-)

Hope all new mammies and mammies to be had a lovely day yesterday :-)

Not swelling as much now, drinking plenty of fluids. So that's defo helping.

I wasn't examined in the hosp on Friday well not internally! I'm getting pains on and off everyday so doc said that's a good sign. Well her word were 'oh that's great' :-) she asked me about breastfeeding and said the longer I do it the longer I'll keep the endometriosis at bay and she actually also mentioned contraception for after but said we'll discuss it after the birth in more detail. She was asking if I'd any questions or worries, I don't really, I have it in my head I have to do this and I'm open minded to whatever needs to be done to get baby here safe she was delighted to hear me say that, she reckons being laid back and open minded is how I got here in the first place..... I get the impression she honestly didnt think I would get pregnant, she has mentioned that she never taught she'd see the day. But sure what's meant to be :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hello ladies!! Happy Mother's Day to us all- I'm late I know!!
    I'm still here! Sweep last Friday, not nearly as bad as I expected. Very happy with my consultant. Have had pains and terrible pressure ever since but no move! Oh and me and the toilet are best buddies!!! Up and down all night!!
    Yellohen and Lillbe sounds like ye are doing great! Really well done mammies!!!
    Caramel- sooooo delighted for you Hun!!! Stay positive now! Elly- are you loving mat leave??? I am totally loving it- massage, facial, pedicure, manicure and Indian head massage last week- had kept every voucher id been given all year!
    Ready now whenever babs is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Just two more days to go until mat. leave. Wednesday evening can't get here soon enough! Finding it very uncomfortable to be seated at my laptop all day - and today I was working from home because I didn't want to drive in the bad conditions, and I still found it uncomfortable.

Very jealous of those of you on mat leave already, and even more jealous of those of you with your babies already here safe and sound! The "any news" phonecalls have started here and my due date is still another two and a half weeks away. :rolleyes:

I am loving mat leave. I had a very productive day, house cleaned, grocery shopping done, today's dinner made and also tomorrows :-) think we're going to treat ourselves to lunch in dunboyne castle 2moro :-)
    I have a voucher for my "labour wax" which I'm going to have later in the week :-) I also have a voucher for facial, manicure, eyebrow shape and head and back massage, don't know whether to use it before babs or wait until after to treat myself. Voucher runs out in may.

Aniascor, wed will be here before you know it. I expected my last two weeks in work to drag but they actually flew in. I'm prob gonna pop into work later in the week just to stay in touch :-) I know I must be mad!!!

Hi everyone :) wicklori say your dying to meet baby, :) wish u the best of luck, x
    Elly youve so much energy I need some ha, I'm sleeping alot at night and have naps throughout the day but the house is clean ha. Are u supposed to get waxed? Or does it matter? Enjoy the massage :)
    Aniscor only 2 more days left and your finished :) and u can sleep and relax.
    I really need to start walking x

annettea wrote: »
    Hi everyone :) wicklori say your dying to meet baby, :) wish u the best of luck, x
    Elly youve so much energy I need some ha, I'm sleeping alot at night and have naps throughout the day but the house is clean ha. Are u supposed to get waxed? Or does it matter? Enjoy the massage :)
    Aniscor only 2 more days left and your finished :) and u can sleep and relax.
    I really need to start walking x

I don't feel like I've lots of energy but I suppose when I think about it I do have quite a bit.

I don't know if your suppose to or not but I get waxed every 5 weeks, my friend works in a salon where they only do waxing and since getting waxed there nearly 3 yrs ago I haven't gone anywhere else or shaved since. The waxing is great they use their own wax, it only attaches to the hair and not the skin so it's less painful. It's becoming very popular and the salon are now dustributing their wax to salons all over the country.

How are you feeling annettea? I'm getting weird pains/ sensations in my tummy and down below. Just want it to happen now a d stop being teased ha. I know I've still two weeks to due date but just want baby here now :-) did another baby wash and have all the stuff on the rads it's so cute.

Is it the braxton Hicks? I'm getting cramps today and legs poking out literally its poking out ha ha I've still so much to do in the 2 weeks I have to get a cot set totally forgot a baby needs a bed set I just had the sleeping bag and I thought that's all I needed, andbhave to get a baby scissor set. Do u have going home clothes picked out? I know 2 weeks seem like a long time especially since some are mummies already x but is there a chance ur baby will come early since his a big baby. My consultant said there's no room in there for this baby ha ha xx

hey girlies!

2 days till due date here, no movement yet but hopefully soon!!
    definitely a lot more cramps and pressures down below so any day now perhaps :-) :-)

did the waxing too, LOL, so I was laughing reading you guys talking about it. Not sure if you're 'supposed' to annetea but sure i know I'm gonna feel better knowing me bits are done!

just relaxing now and taking it easy.... out in the the snow today, gosh it's ice-y out there... brrrrrrrr!

enjoy all those treatments Wicklori and Elly, sounds lovely. Had a few pregnancy massages in the Ritz Spa myself and they were divine :-) x x x

Oh Carmel your gas, is tomorrow your due date? U all excited? Do u have to be induced if u don't go by tomorrow? :)
    I don't think I could ever get waxed I'd be mortified but in least no one would know cos were probably walking like ducks anyway ha ha. I'm all prepared anyway so hopefully baby will come soon even tho not due till 24th just really excited!
    Is anyone going for an all natural birth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

I'm hoping for as natural a birth as possible annetta. Last time around I tried gas and air when it came to pushing but didn't like it so stopped using it after a few minutes. This time around I'm attending a midwife led unit, so I have other pain relief options available to me like the birthing pool, so I'm hoping to go drug free. But I will wait and see on the day.

What I've said to the midwives is that I would like to try pain relief in this order: relaxation techniques and hypnobirthing tracks, acupressure for labour, birthing pool, gas and air, epidural. So my plan is to use each option for as long as it's working and then move on to the next. Or use a combination of options. Last time my list of pain relief options was the same except I didn't have the birthing pool option. I was open to an epidural if I needed it, but I never got as far as needing it. I think it helped a lot that I wasn't writing any options off in advance (except pethidine because I don't like what I've read about its effects on baby), so I always felt in control because I was choosing when I was ready to try each new option.

One thing I will say is that the recovery after a drug free labour (with the exception of those few minutes trying gas and air) last time was fantastic. Being able to shower immediately afterwards and being mobile. Plus I was high as a kite on adrenalin for about ten days!

Keep us posted caramel!

I can't wait to finish work after tomorrow so that I can start relaxing. Feeling very tired here today even though I slept well last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Loopy li

Congrats to everyone with their new babies and good luck to all waiting to meet theirs. Baby girl born last Thursday (six days early) at home, beautiful experience and all is well. 8lbs 9oz!!! Over the moon.

LL x

Thought i was in labour last night gals.
    Cramping started at 3 and was still going on this morning.... then suddenly all just eased off... weird.

Ya, annetea, tomorrow is due date, i do have an appointment in Holles St, just a check up so don't think i need to be induced just yet, thank God. And if last night is anything to go by, if that was a warm up or something, it might be happening by itself :-)

annetea, i used the wax strips, hee heee, so did it myself... which was quite difficult given i couldn't see a thing!! LOL!

aniascor, hoping for natural as well, got my hypnobirthing on my ipod, all ready to go... listened to it last night too during what 'seemed' like labour... !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Loopy li

CB I had "practise pains" the two nights before babs arrived so here's hoping today or tomorrow!
    I got the first niggle at 1pm, surges (!!!) stepped up at 3:30 (OH and midwives arrived at 2), waters went at 3:50pm and things intensified then but kept running over the affirmations and breathing as long and as slow as I could. Baby arrived at 4:30pm. Was super quick but wonderful. Still can't believe she is here - totally smitten!
    Good luck!

Big congrats loopy li. Lots of babies arriving early :-)

CB so excited for you, you could be nxt. When you say you got cramps were they like period pain cramps?

Im really dying to experience labour I just want it to happen NOW! Still lots of niggles but nothing stronger :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

So yes, due date +2 in the big brother house.... So uncomfortable!!! Peeing all night again! When I can get comfortable I'm loving the mat leave-but that's for very short periods of time!
    Treatments were the best things! Loved last week-this week I might as well set up an answering service-yes I'm still here-in the once piece! People would drive ya mad!

Caramel-best of luck-hopefully your due date will bear some relationship to delivery date ;-)
    Loopy Li-congratulations!! Welcome to your little one!

On the waxing subject-no. That is all. Midwife told me to shave the top area so had to get my poor husband to do that last night-absolutely no prospects of me being able to manage that myself! Caramel you're some woman for one woman to even attempt it! Caramel how did the breathing go when you were in the thores of the pains the other night?

Elly-wonder if that spurt of energy is a sign of anything?

Elly you wouldn't want to go before me ha ha joking I wish u all the best. Dont leave me alone here, and the doc said I should have gone by now should have stayed in work that extra week it would have kicked off something instead the baby grew alot which I don't mind, it might fit into the 0-3 months clothes cos I bought no newborn stuff.
    Wicklori- remember baby is worth the wait and enjoy the sleeps while u can, and I totally get u with the waxing. Ha
    My hairdresser asked me did I get all waxed so that's why I was asking did it need to be done so I shaved and Carmel I don't know how u waxed without seeing cos I was shaving for an eternity ha ha ha ha I couldn't see a thing maybe I should have got the OH to do it .. 50 shades style ha ha
    Carmel what's this u have downloaded hypnobirthing? What's that?
    Loopy Congrats on ur baby girl :) and a lovely big baby too and was that all natural?
    I really want yo do the natural birth so hopefully I can ;)
    Aniscor u all excited u have put me at ease with ur north story and if u did it once all natural I'm sure u can do it again :) xx

I don't think this baby is going anywhere anytime soon. Annettea I'll prob still be here in April, I'm praying I won't but I prob will :-(

CB how the hell did you wax yourself you crazy lady hahaha. I can't wax my own legs never mind down there! Fair play!

Aniascor only one more day and work is done for you, bet your excited :-)

Annettea I really don't think docs can say exactly when babs will be here, I think the only person that will decide when it's time is baby :-) with the cold weather the last few days I'm not surprised babs doesn't want to come out would you want to if you were all snug inside :-)

Wicklori enjoy your last few days because baby is going to be here very very soon.

Hopefully an on time baby so u can enjoy ur maternity leave for a bit. I'm absolutely shattered I didn't go for a nap today so I'm in bed now :) do u have anything planned for your leave? I cleaned most of the house today door handles and all ha ha just the upstairs to do.
    Elly ur totally right with the weather it is freezing. Are u starting to make plans for next year for ur wedding?

Loopi, congrats on baby girlie!! Well done! whoop! and so quick - WOW! great for the breathing, good for you, so no pain relief? just the breath work? And thanks for sharing about those practice pains....right, so two nights of those and then BAM - labour!!! Cool!!
    Elly, yes, those are like period cramps/pains that come in 'kind of waves' the way a normal period pain would come. Mine went on ALL night last night... shattered now!

Elly you make me laugh!! Girls -- I don't know how I did it -- just kind of TRIED to look down, saw nothing but a big bump in the way and then said to myself F it and then just went for it. Lucky I didn't wax of any important parts ;-) ;-) ouch!!! ;-) Managed to get a grand job done though - somehow (*&*(^)^*^&&*%$#%$%%$%!!!!!! LOL!

Annettea, I have the Hypnobirthing CD's so I downloaded them onto my Apple and the put them through onto my iPOD to bring in with me... I can give you the CD's after if you like. When are you due again?

Wicklori bet it's gonna be either one of us up next, you are 2 days over??? And me tomorrow due date.... very exciting!! Hang on in there. Know what you're talking about with 10 million texts per day to check if 'anything has happened????" !! Breathing was fine, I was doing more relaxing my body actually - I just went into that automatically, trying to relax everything as I was feeling the cramps... Have you got to grips with any breathing methods yet?? ;--)

• Advertisement

Annettea dont have too many plans made yet. Going to get stuck in after baby. Its defo in NYC and its 15th March. We're heading over there in sept to organise everything but will do what we can from here in the nxt couple of months. Busy few months ahead :-)

Ive been getting light period pain and back pain every day get it about 4 times a day but like i said nothing major. CB hope baby girl arrives soon sounds like you might be on your way. Wicklori hope your not waiting too long either to meet baby.

Im getting the calls just from family 'any news, any movement' it hasnt got to me yet but i think by the end if the week i'll be telling them to f'off ha. I keep reminding them i still have 13days to due date!!

Advertisement