Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

How is everyone today? Sounds like everyone is getting into the practice labour stage I've had the fake labour on the tummy side than I thoughtit wasbreal cos the contractions went to the back andbthe pressure was unbelievable it lasted for 6 hours till OH said hell bring me to bed which was a painful struggle and he rubbed my back I went to sleep aand woke up to me feeling as right as rain. I rang my mum and sister and they both thought it was it, I was even flushed looking, , practice labour but that's meant to be a good sign as in a sign for an easy labour.
    I never went to the ante natal classes so I hope they help me inside with the breathing.
    CB Congrats on ur due date hope today goes well :) go for a walk eat a curry and have some love time and eat pineapples .. what's the CD called and I can download it please? :) not due till 24th and I know what ye mean with the calls, my sister is even throwing it up on fb so embarrassing saying like hurry up, this is such a long waiting game ha and I'm not even due yet!
    Elly imagine if baby came on the 15th of this year? That would be amazing :)
    Wicklori do u have to go in for another sweep? Have u eaten lots of curries? :) how u feeling? X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Well if my last experience was anything to go by Annettea then definitely the practice contractions help. I had lots of braxton hicks in the run up beforehand last time, and labour was quick and straightforward. (I won't say easy, because it was hard work!)

You can practice breathing beforehand. You want long slow breaths and your out breath is the one you need to focus on. So breathe in slowly and then breathe out, and try to make your out breath last longer than your in breath.

You don't have to count, but I found it helpful, and during labour it gave me something to focus on.I used to breathe in for 1, 2, 3, and breathe out for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. It took me some practice to work up to such a long out breath though. At the start, I'd only get to four or five when breathing out. But once I was in labour my body just seemed to automatically required longer deeper breaths.

I also try to make sure I am breathing right into my stomach when I'm breathing in - so my belly rises noticeably. And then when I'm breathing out I'm pulling my stomach back in. To be honest, I think a lot of the reason it works is because if I'm concentrating on breathing while having a contraction, and concentrating on relaxing my face, shoulders and hands, then I'm not thinking about pain or the contraction itself.

congratulations loopi! Hopefully the rest of us will be joining you soon. Sounds like you had a great experience. :)

Elly - light period pains sounds promising! Will be waiting to hear news from you soon!

Caramel, it definitely sounds like you are on your way. Sometime in the next couple of days I'd imagine. :) Woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey girls! congratulations on new babies! Just wanted to say - don't rush things. Enjoy your maternity leave before the baby comes, get a lot of sleeps, enjoy spas and dinners out - as a new mum I can tell you that having a baby is great, but my life so far consists of feeds and sleep whenever I can get it, and my baby is a pretty quiet baby! We have not been for a walk yet and I'm actually wondering how people have time for walks and playgroups - I don't get much sleep at night, so sleep during the day whenever the little one is asleep.
    Oh and once all of us have babies and we have a routine, we should meet with our little ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

We defo should Lilbe :-)
    Well Done girl, sounds like you are doing really well....
    Thanks for the advise to remember to enjoy these days before all the madness starts!

Yes, Ania, I think she is coming soon, great :-)

Annettea, my friend in Brussels copied the CD's and sent them over to me in the post so not sure exactly what they are called actually. They are the classic Hypnpbirthing in the style of 'MAGGIE HOWELL', the founder . Look that up on the internet... There are lots and lots of Hypnbirthing CD's out there though, have a look on iTUNES and see what you can find. Otherwise you can have mine, if we work out a way to get them to you.

Elly, you will be telling people to f off, LOL!! Ur gas! it gets to that point pretty soon!

Anyone else watching Rome???!!!

Hi everyone how is everyone doing? Any more baby news? :)
    Lilbe how is mummyhood? :) how u feeling now? X I really have to stop sleeping so much cos I know I won't be getting this much sleep in a couple weeks. Hows the breastfeeding going? Have u been tempted to give a bottle? Ha ha and how is your new baby?
    Caramel thank you for the offer for the hypnobirthing CDs, tell me if it helped you? I might download some relaxing music and hypnobirthing music. Have u gone yet? Ha
    Thank u for the breathing techniques aniscor I was practicing them, so that's for the contractions, for the midwifes help u with the breathing throughout labour? How u today? Is this your 1st day off?
    Can't wait for baby xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Girls I think this is it.... Irregular contractions, nauseous and vomited. Was like a bear last night too.... Wish me luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi girls, how are you all doing? Cb delighted things are rocking out fir you. Elly, Annette and aniascor, hope your little ones don't keep you waiting too long! Loopy li congratulations! How are you getting on now?

Our little man is 10 days old now and getting so big already. He gained 7oz since leaving hosp which is pretty good for a breastfed baby. For those planning on bf, I found it hard to begin with so definitely the advantage of any lactation midwives that might be in your hospital. It's fine now but demanding and nothing prepared me for the physical and emotional exhaustion that would come. We're beginning to get some normality in the house now and have been out fir wall and taken him to dundrum etc. even figuring how to use the buggy and carseat was a trial!!

In relation to about starting, fir me it was quite regular contractions early on. The contractions felt like immensely bad wind though and I spent the next 2 hours of contractions on the loo trying to pass wind..... It ok me a while to realise what was happening. I didn't have backache or a show or waters break so it was hard to know. I guess we'll all be different.

Wicklori just seen your post. Best of luck pet. I hope this is it and it flies by. Let s know you go. Will be chewing in to see how you're all getting on. X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Wicklori hope this is it for you and all goes well. How exciting :-)

YH great to hear how your getting on. I was dying to hear how it all started for you. Every kinda weird pain or niggle I'm wondering is this the start if something but nothing yet for me. Back in hosp in the am for check up. Consultant said I will get all the help I need regarding b'feeding because if it works out it will delay the endometriosis coming back so that's snug big positive for me to really try it but if it doesn't work I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Great to hear your little man is gaining the weight that's brilliant.

CB Howard you getting on? Have those pains come back yet?

I have managed to get out for a walk everyday this week and today was the first day I really struggled. getting caught in the rain didnt help.

Elly I forgot you were in the coombe as well. I got meena the lactation consultant for an hour on the wed after he was born. She's a bit military but is brilliant at what she dies. Immediately after that breastfeeding improved for me. His latch was better, I wasn't afraid to be more forceful with him and he just got on with things. The coombe staff were amazing... Honestly I was do grateful for everything they did for us. I hopeyourexpwriencd is equally as good. :)

Ps... Keep walking even if it pains you, I'm convinced that's what made this little one come out so early :)

Odd twinges here and there... i agree it's hard to know... some feel like wind alright!
    Went to preggers Yoga this evening...maybee that'll move things along?!!

Go wicklori... hope this is it for you!!

xxx

• Advertisement

Morning ladies happy Friday. Just out from hosp appt. had to have BP readings done as was high this morning but all fine. I had a horrible night got about an hrs sleep. Had the muscle back pain at my ribs was really bad. So I'm not feeling great today just tired with headaches so I'd say that's why BP was high. Anyway had an internal and a sweep all looks good, not very pleasant but it was my choice I wanted to know where I was at. I kinda just laughed while getting it done it took the edge off it. So cervix is slightly opened. Said doesn't think I'll go today but can't see me going too far over due date which is 10 days. I would love to go before due date.

Hope we have some babies over the weekend :-)

I'm off to have some lunch and go for a walk

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Conor James born at 03:16 via section in the end. Got to 7cm but his heart rate was dropping with contractions. Pretty sore today and v tired but absolutely thrilled and over the moon and completely in love with him, husband and this wonderful world!! Breast feeding is grand- tricky but a lovely, lovely feeling.
    Don't worry girls you'll know when you're even in early labour. It's a funny feeling. Will give more detail tomorrow.
    Thank you all for the support!!
    Oh and- breathing exercises- PRACTICE them!!!!

Wicklori big congrats on baby Conor soooo happy for you all. That's great news.

The boys have defo taken over the march tread :-)

elly123 wrote: »
    Wicklori big congrats on baby Conor soooo happy for you all. That's great news.

The boys have defo taken over the march tread :-)

Oh wicklori congratulations. It is the nicest feeling in the world isn't it? It's funny you mention your husband, I don't think I ever loved mine so much as I do right now. Enjoy it all and take the time you need to recover.,. Take whatever help mount Carmel offer. You've had major surgery and will need all your energy for when you get home. Congratulations again!!!

WICKLORIII!!!!
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!
    Oh, Oh, Oh..... that is wonderful, SO SO wonderful....
    Very happy for you!
    WELL DONE!
    Welcome Conor James!!!

Amazing that you just knew it was happening!

Enjoy darlin'...

Can't wait to meet all these lovely newborn babies!!!
    :-)

wicklori wrote: »
    Conor James born at 03:16 via section in the end. Got to 7cm but his heart rate was dropping with contractions. Pretty sore today and v tired but absolutely thrilled and over the moon and completely in love with him, husband and this wonderful world!! Breast feeding is grand- tricky but a lovely, lovely feeling.
    Don't worry girls you'll know when you're even in early labour. It's a funny feeling. Will give more detail tomorrow.
    Thank you all for the support!!
    Oh and- breathing exercises- PRACTICE them!!!!
    huge congratulations! another boy! and what a nice name!

Wicklori congratulations on your baby boy :) delighted for you, hope you have a quick recovery hope your feeling good :-)

annettea wrote: »
    Hi everyone how is everyone doing? Any more baby news? :)
    Lilbe how is mummyhood? :) how u feeling now? X I really have to stop sleeping so much cos I know I won't be getting this much sleep in a couple weeks. Hows the breastfeeding going? Have u been tempted to give a bottle? Ha ha and how is your new baby?
    Caramel thank you for the offer for the hypnobirthing CDs, tell me if it helped you? I might download some relaxing music and hypnobirthing music. Have u gone yet? Ha
    Thank u for the breathing techniques aniscor I was practicing them, so that's for the contractions, for the midwifes help u with the breathing throughout labour? How u today? Is this your 1st day off?
    Can't wait for baby xx
    Hey Annettea, motherhood is great :-) don't give up on your sleep, vice versa, get as much as you can. breastfeeding is going well, though it is tough in terms of night feeds. If the baby is awake and needs food, I'm awake too, and my baby is a night feeder so far, so not much sleep at night. Sometimes when I only get an hour sleep, I was desperate in the morning and thought that I'm switching to bottles. even got OH to buy me a breast pump! On Friday was one of these breakdown moments in the morning, so I even took a box of bottles out of the drawer, but before starting to express decided to call cuidiu group, and I'm very glad I did. The lady on the phone was very helpful, she reassured me that everybody goes through exhaustion, it's perfectly normal, I should just hang on there and as the baby grows he will sleep more at night. so I'm sticking to breast feeding! :-) and yesterday we went for our first walk, it was so nice, can't wait to have another walk with my little one!
    the wound from the c section is healing, I'm off painkillers and was able to have a walk outside yesterday. And the belly is nearly gone, they said it will take about 6 weeks for it to disappear completely, so hopefully by may will be back to my flat stomach :-)

Fair play Lilbe persisting with the breast feeding id imagine its so much easier to switch to the bottle especially when your so exhausted but well done. Have you tried expressing yet?

I've had my show over the last 2days. Friday after the sweep I had a small bit of bleeding but that's normal and stopped by sat morning. Had my "labour wax" and lost most if not all my plug this morning. So hoping babs will appear sometime this week.

Has any one else lost their plug or did any of you new mammies lose your plugs before labour?

I've lots of swelling in my right hand and right leg, was awake at 4 this morning with my hand the swelling and pins and needles is so weird.

Annettea and aniascor how are you doing??

Wonder if CB has any news xx

Lilbe glad your healing well you seem to be in great form :) I say u were so happy to get out of the house :) and u b, flat tummy in a few weeks time, my tummy will prob still be huge ha ha ha, what size nappies are u using? I only bought 1 pack of size 1s the rest size 2s.. I'm really happy the breast feeding is working well my friend had a baby a few weeks ago and she said it gets alot easier. Do u co-sleep? I know baby will be beside me :) ha
    Elly- what is the mucous plug like? I know this sounds mank but I got really stretchy white discharge couple weeks ago I mean alot of it, today I have real watery discharge sorry its mank ha but is it a sign? How was the sweep? Today I nested I mean the hse could come in and inspect the house and there will be 0% germs or mess except the windows ha but I don't do windows till summer time :)

• Advertisement

Its like mucus that you might spit up if you have a chest infection. Well that's how I'd describe it :-) I had ALOT of discharge few weeks back aswel but can defo see the difference between the discharge and the plug. Google image it and you'll see it.

no news here elly ;-)
    baby still chilling out inside!

no mucus plug or anything like that....

hopefully soon!

HAPPY PADDY'S DAY Y'ALL!!!! ;-)

Was out at the Bray Parade, exhausted now from it all... was mental over there!

xxx

I Googled I wish I didn't (there is a difference :) ha ha Elly I forgot to ask how's ur hand and leg now? Still swollen?
    CB how are u feeling? Tired? This time next week you'll defo have baby, do u have an appointment this week? X

I Googled I wish I didn't (there is a difference :) ha ha Elly I forgot to ask how's ur hand and leg now? Still swollen?
    CB how are u feeling? Tired? This time next week you'll defo have baby, do u have an appointment this week? X

Hahaha the pictures are gross but give ya an indication of what your looking at.
    The swelling is coming and going gets a lot worse at night.

CB hope baby will be here soon but the longer she's in there the bigger she'll be :-) every cloud an all that :-)

I didn't really get a show until they broke my waters and then I had about 7! Everything I thought I was leaking my waters, the midwife would just say 'no no, that's another show'. I was mortified, they had yo change the bedding under me every 30minutes or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Congratulations wicklori! Delighted to hear baby arrived safe and sound. Hope you're recovering well from the section.

Well done Lilbe for sticking with the breastfeeding. These first few weeks are so hard with it. It does get infinitely easier though I promise. All you can do is try to sleep during the day for now until you start getting more sleep at night. It seems like an infinity when you are sleep deprived but it really only takes a few weeks before they start to sleep more at night and be awake more during the day. And all this night feeding at the start will ensure you build up a great milk supply. :)

Nothing doing here. As of tomorrow I will officially be more pregnant than I have ever been in my life. At exactly 38 weeks on my son I had lost the mucous plug and then I had him at 38+3. But I'm 38+3 today and there's no sign of anything. I think this little one might keep me waiting!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Looked at the images too.... GROSSSS!!!
    ha ha...

Yea, Anneta, Tuesday morning is next hosp appointment for check up.

Unless she comes before by herself, hopefully :-)

Ya, quite tired alright...

Night!
    xxx

Lilbe glad your healing well you seem to be in great form :) I say u were so happy to get out of the house :) and u b, flat tummy in a few weeks time, my tummy will prob still be huge ha ha ha, what size nappies are u using? I only bought 1 pack of size 1s the rest size 2s.. I'm really happy the breast feeding is working well my friend had a baby a few weeks ago and she said it gets alot easier. Do u co-sleep? I know baby will be beside me :) ha
    Elly- what is the mucous plug like? I know this sounds mank but I got really stretchy white discharge couple weeks ago I mean alot of it, today I have real watery discharge sorry its mank ha but is it a sign? How was the sweep? Today I nested I mean the hse could come in and inspect the house and there will be 0% germs or mess except the windows ha but I don't do windows till summer time :)
    Hey girls, nappies we are using are newborn size. We got all clothes for the baby size 0 to 3 months, but when he was born they were all too big, so we just bought newborn size. Don't worry if nappies or clothes don't fit, the shops are still there and you can get a proper size.
    I didn't express yet, the lady from cuidiu said that milk supply is building till week 6, so they wouldn't recommend to express before then. I want to go to their support meeting this week, will meet other mums and get some reassurance. though I think breastfeeding works for us, plenty of dirty nappies and the little one is chubbier now than he was.
    I didn't see any mucus plug. my waters broke, but I didn't have contractions, may be because of that?

You're probably lucky you didn't see it Lilbe!!! LOL!!!

• Advertisement

Wiclori, how you getting on???

Elly, you've gone quiet... what's happening?!!!

xxx

Advertisement