Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

Wow, Wow, WOW...

Loved reading the stories!!

Will read again, so so lovely to feel what you guys experienced...

Wickori, we should defo try to arrange a meet up again, be fab..
    Elly, I find the same - too much activity, people, handling and Bonnie is a lunatic for the night...
    Annetea, gonna tell everyone to bugger off!!

A quick birth story and will tell more later...

4 and half hours labour - Bonnie was coming out as I was walking down stairs to try to get to the front door to get to the car... I shouted at the Doula "She's comingggggGGGGGGGGGGG" in a kind of voice that sounded like it came out of the walls and somewhere distant...

.... the Doula stopped for petrol, as I tried to hold Bonnie in, in the back of the car.... (say no more) (i'm surprised the car windows didn't shatter with the screams of pain)

Porter in Holles street slowly offered me a wheel chair ... Eh, hello, Mr Porter there is a baby in my F-ING KNICKERS...

....Finally see a delivery room with a bed, hop onto it, tearing off hat, scarf, winter coat and bottoms.... (it was snowing) ....a midwife running after me... 20 minutes later Bonnie was born...

.......jaassssuss, the relief.... ..... and a little tiny baby girl lying on my boobs... ( after, of course, I'd quickly peeled off all the rest of my clothes - jumper, top, vest, that didn't even get a chance of being taken off the 20 minutes earlier...)

And then the "would you like some toast?" like out of the walls again....

...LoL!! ....wasn't funny at the time I tell you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Wow, Wow, WOW...

A quick birth story and will tell more later...

4 and half hours labour - Bonnie was coming out as I was walking down stairs to try to get to the front door to get to the car... I shouted at the Doula "She's comingggggGGGGGGGGGGG" in a kind of voice that sounded like it came out of the walls and somewhere distant...

.... the Doula stopped for petrol, as I tried to hold Bonnie in, in the back of the car.... (say no more) (i'm surprised the car windows didn't shatter with the screams of pain)

Porter in Holles street slowly offered me a wheel chair ... Eh, hello, Mr Porter there is a baby in my F-ING KNICKERS.......

Brilliant CB, I nearly chocked on my popcorn and nearly woke the baby laughing so much at the last line above. Your such a laddddyyyyyy hahaha.

Defo meet up soon ladies.

Think my little man is having a growth spurt feeding every 3 hrs again had gone to four hrs for the last 3wks but back to 3 :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Hey girls, definitely meeting up!
    Your birth stories are so cool, mine will seem boring after all your action.
    waters broke at night, but I just thought that I'm becoming old and need to wear a nappy in bed! so went back to sleep. In the morning oh saw it and drove me to the hospital. I had no contractions, no pain, could feel the baby moving inside so didn't believe it was the baby being born! In the hospital they told me that I was in labour, I just laughed, no pains, nothing. within 2 hours was under the knife for the c section and our gorgeous boy was born. They put him on my breast, and I made the day of the midwifes, when in surprise shouted, wow I have milk! !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

It's lovely to hear all your birth stories girls. I wasn't going up its but having rest yours I will... Im on my phone so ill keep it short (excuse the crappy spelling too)

I finished a very very atressful week in work in the 22nd feb and I was due on Saturday 9th march. So on Sunday morning 3rd march, I woke at 3am to go to the loo and was v bloated with wind. I really felt like I wanted to fart but couldn't... Was doing somersaults in the bed trying to get comfy and couldn't at all. Ended up coming downstairs and lying on the couch and trying to go the loo to relieve the wind. After 2 hours if this I realised that the 'wind' pains were coming every 5 mins and I was actually having contractions! I woke my husband at 5:30 am so after the initial shock got up and made brekkie while I bounced on my ball. I had a shower then and at 8am we made the short journey to the coombe. The assessment unit gave me an internal which was horrendous and said I was not at all dilated but I was having contractions. I was told I could go home or stay and I decided to stay as I thought is be at home in pain just wanting to come back. At this stage the contractions were v regular and painful. At 12pm we were moved to a 3 person ward and I got some pethadinevwhoch was useless. The next 5 hours were just horrible as after 2 more internals I still wasn't at 3cm. This for me was the worst part of the whole experience. Eventually at about 7pm I hit 3cm and was rather to the labour ward and was given gas and air and prepped for the epidural. I actually found the gas and air brilliant and wonder if I'd have managed without the epi. I got a little something to eat, went to sleep for a while and had hit 7cm around 10 or 11pm. The it all slowed down and at 3am Monday morning they told me that I'd I wasn't at 10cm by 3:30am I'd be taken for an emergency section. During this time I got a v high temperature and babies heart was racing. I was in good form though throughout. Anyway the thoughts of a section must have terrified me as I got to 10cm within the next 30mins and after 4 pushes our little man arrived weighing in at 7lb 10. He was put on me for skin to skin for 5mins and then taken to Paeds to have the merconium flushed out if him. When he was gone I got my tea and toast and was ready to feed him when he returned. It was 7am when we were taken to pur room so I didn't get any sleep since early sat night. Euphoria took over though :) all in all a good experience!!

Whoop, Whoop, Whoop!!

Aren't us woman the greatest invention!!!

;-)

;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Ok so here goes since is tarted ye all off with the beautiful stories of the phenomenal power of us women!
    Thursday 14th match, four days after due date and six after sweep and seven before date my consultant had set as date for induction should opting have happened before hand, I went into labour. Got up around 5am with husband and had shower. Said to him I was feeling a bit nauseous and he was all excited wanting to stay home from work but I dissent him on his way and went back to work. Got up properly at 10am and decided I might go to mass for Kent (hadn't been for ages...) thought better of it and went to dunnes instead and got food for lunch as my friend and her little kids (she also happens to be a phn!) we're coming to visit. Still feeling sick and random pains. Had some tea and toast and threw up immediately-just as my friend walked in the door. She was all excited telling me that was a very good sign! (Only a nurse can tell you vomiting is a very good sign!)
    We ate lunch and I was getting pains which m friend assured me were early contractions. She initially said I had a long way to go and not to be in a hurry to phone OH but by the end of lunch she wouldn't leave until I called him :-) he was all excited but I wouldn't let him come home!
    Watched Chelthenham in my PJs for the afternoon and it felt like things had stopped! (Did some ball bouncing) phoned OH who informed me he had a few things he wanted to finish! But I told him everything had stopped anyway!
    Then around 5 the pains increased and there was a bit of a pattern to them so another phone all to husband-maybe you should start for home... In between I had been talking to most of my family (through the contractions!) but said nothing... Didn't want the fuss! Was really enjoying the peace and it just being me and the baby.
    Then-den, den, den..... 18:12 pop in my back and waters gone in quite a big gush! Drama! I was all excited! And really proud that I had the foresight to put one of those sheets on the couch (we rent our house and don't own the couch!). The things I worry about!
    Rang husband and he was in a bit of a panic then-thin he thought it was going to be a false alarm....
    All pregnancy he had been telling me we wouldn't be hurrying to the hospital as first labours are so quick.... In the door like a tornado! Get out of the shower!!! Baby will be born in the shower! Drove the hour to the hospital after I had convinced him to sort out the bins :-)
    Had been growling about how I better notebook 3cms when we get to hospital- (9pm) "you're doing great!!! You're 3cms!!!" F@&;ing 3cms!!!! Midwives all encouraging epidural- which I was surprised at. Had been doing my hypnobirthing and wanted to avoid epi if I could. Midwife said might only go 1cm per hour, 3hrs later still 3! We had the trace and could see baby's heart beat was dropping with the contractions and we all know girls- in one born every minute that's a cause for concern!! Couldn't stay on the ball cos the trace kept falling off.
    Around 2:30am still at 3cms I decided to go for the epi. Especially as I had a sense of c-section ahead. Baby's heart beat dropped a lot again. ,y consultant wasn't on and I was initially disappointed at this. Consultant who was on was very similar though, around my age very approachable and competent. Took to her immediately. She was very apologetic and explained clearly that because baby's heart rate kept dropping I would need to have an emergency c-section.
    I know it was an emergency but my section was a very positive experience. Little man arrived at3:16. His daddy had him in the nursery for an hour and assessed every cm of him and dressed him. This was a great experience for him which really started off a great relationship between them :-)
    I had him on the boob within an hour and we haven't looked back since. Six weeks on both he and I are great :-)
    Really great birth experience even if it was very different to what we had expected and technically an emergency. Alls well that ends well and our hospital experience was amazing. Couldn't speak highly enough of it. He's perfect and I'm in love :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hi everyone and babies!! How we doing? Love the stories and delighted everyone had healthy babies its so good to know wat ye went through? So I hope were all healed :) can't believe 7 weeks ago today Katelyn was born where is the time going? So I've Katelyn on comfort food for the last 4 days really helping with the colic and my sanity. Hope everyone is great :)

Hi ladies all good here back exercising that last few days and feeling great. OH back in work and I'm doing all feeds as he's on earlys this week. Not as tough as I expected it to be. Have a nice little routine. Little man is very good feeds every 3-4 hrs and sleeps between that at night. The last two days he's been awake for 5-6 hrs during the day without a sleep are your little people awake that much? He's just gone asleep now hasn't slept since 10:30 this morning and he ain't too cranky except when he's hungry. But only taking 3-4oz. He aslo has a bit of a stuffy nose. I've been giving him the saline drops they help sneeze and stuff comes out. I bought the decongester but its crap doesn't do the job! Sometimes he sounds like he's snoring.... I just want to blow his nose for him so bad!

So ladies when we hooking up??

elly123 wrote: »
    Hi ladies all good here back exercising that last few days and feeling great. OH back in work and I'm doing all feeds as he's on earlys this week. Not as tough as I expected it to be. Have a nice little routine. Little man is very good feeds every 3-4 hrs and sleeps between that at night. The last two days he's been awake for 5-6 hrs during the day without a sleep are your little people awake that much? He's just gone asleep now hasn't slept since 10:30 this morning and he ain't too cranky except when he's hungry. But only taking 3-4oz. He aslo has a bit of a stuffy nose. I've been giving him the saline drops they help sneeze and stuff comes out. I bought the decongester but its crap doesn't do the job! Sometimes he sounds like he's snoring.... I just want to blow his nose for him so bad!

So ladies when we hooking up??
    ellie, my little boy also got a bit of cold. brought him to the doctor, she suggested saline drops and also bring him to the bathroom when the shower is on, so that he can breath some steam. hopefully our little men will get better soon!
    He is awake in the evenings, from 6 to 10, and can be awake during the day as well.
    Last week we met a 10 days old baby and it made me realise how much the little man grew!
    Yes, meet meet meet!

meet, meet, meet, meet,,,yes lilbe!
    ;-)

elly, my little one is different everyday...
    but yes, awake alot... feeds are every 2-3 hours and take an hour and a half to two hours including nappies and clothes changing and then she can be awake for hours if she is over stimulated by d***heads that think she is a toy ;-) ;-) !!! Aswell as that, I still gotta a lot to learn, for example today she was handled by a stranger to her and I've spent the last 6 hours trying to console an upset and over tired baby... Gotta learn to say "NO, I don't want her handled"
    !!! Hard when you don't want to upset or offend anyone...

• Advertisement

Today is prob the first day where we have had no visitors or I didn't call out to friends or family so nobody held the little man other than mammy & daddy.

He is already such a mammys boy settles so much more with mammy than daddy think its just the natural bond us mammies have. Although ideally I don't want a clingy baby/ toddler further down the line but for now I love bn the one that settles him. It's tough work tho. Even if daddy has him I hear him cry I always just drop what I'm doing and go over I just hate hearing him upset and its so funny the different crys that you can nearly tell what's wrong with them.

He had 3 10 min maps today up until his last feed which was 7ish other than that he's been awake since 10:30. He's due another feed at 11 wonder will he wake for it, he's asleep now since 8ish.

Girls pick a date and let's see what suits :-) can't wait to meet all the little people. Little Bonnie will be surrounded by all the men :-)

our little boy smiles at strangers :-) when somebody holds him for the first time he is quiet and happy. He also settles better with me than with daddy, but I think the only reason is that daddy doesn't have a boob! :-)
    I suggest we meet some time during the week? may be some thursday?

Plenty of boyfriends for Bonnie!!! ;-)

Week after next week would be better for me anyways...

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hi guys! I'd be very excited to meet too :-) I'm relatively flexible mid mornings/afternoons are best probably. Just not too early cos it takes me a while to get to Dublin. Sooo excited to meet all the babas!!
    Overstimulation a big thing in this house. Lil man is SO NOSEY he has to see everything and meet everyone. Then I have to sit with him in the evenings without holding him or speaking to him to return him to baseline.

How about 21st/22nd/23rd May??

LAte afternoon good for me too Wicklori :-) About 2....3....pm... ?????

Ladies???

Yea, Bonnie needs SO much attention if she has been over handled/stimulated... have to hold her, talk to her, rock her for hours to get her to relax again... so opposite to your wee Conor James .... but yea, know what you mean

Hi everyone, ,how is everyone? Babies? I think we need to learn how to say no to people. I've said it about OHs brothers not holding Katelyn but they're very young like 10 and 12. At the hospital they held her my heart was in my mouth, had to get rob to one side saying its not okay for them to hold her but he thought it would be cause his mum let them hold they're brother and sisters there is slot in there family ha. But that I had to say no to and I dont think ill trust the OHs mum to mind Katelyn.. but other ppl I don't say no to I need to learn and some people ask other people do they want to hold her!! Jesus some people ha!!
    Went to doc today with Katelyn, she maybe lactose intolerant so got her lactose free milk hope to God it works :) hope everyone is keeping well :)

hey girls, 21 should work for me. where would you like to meet? dundrum again? to breastfeeding girls - they have renovated feeding room there, new armchairs now :-)

21st is good for me. Great for the new b'feeding room - COOL!!!

Yea, agreed Annetea!! Practicing the word "NO"... ha ha ha!!! Be ready!!!!

21st suits me ladies can't wait to meet the little ppl. Seán is hitting 12lbs it's great he's thriving.

I'm lying here in bed and he's still asleep beside me with his head resting on my should he's so cute :-) had a great night with him last night. Fed at 7:45 asleep about 9 until 12:30 fed winded back down by 1 and didnt wake until quarter to 6. Fed,changed, winded put him in beside me and he's still asleep! I'm delighted that's the best night we've had in ages. Each night he seems to be sleeping that bit longer, I'm so happy, I'm very proud of him :-) hopefully now by 10 weeks he'll stretch it out with a feed about 11/12 and sleep to 6/7 with no more middle of night feed. He's not sleeping much during the day. Little 10/15 min naps here and there so that's obv why he's sleeping longer at night. I know some ppl have babies that sleep great from start but going from every 2hrs at the start to last night is just amazing to me long may it continue and I hope I haven't jinksed myself now 😊.

OMG Elly... had an amazing night with Bonnie last night too!!!
    She slept from 12 midnight till 7am!!! Feed took 7am till 9.30am and then she slept again till 1pm!!
    And so did mammy!!
    YAY!

She was up ALL day yesterday so I think she was wrecked...

But defo getting better too... whooopeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

OMG Elly... had an amazing night with Bonnie last night too!!!
    She slept from 12 midnight till 7am!!! Feed took 7am till 9.30am and then she slept again till 1pm!!
    And so did mammy!!
    YAY!

She was up ALL day yesterday so I think she was wrecked...

But defo getting better too... whooopeeee!

Ah Jees girls, I'm so jealous. Little o is 10 weeks now and hasn't improved on the sleep front at all. He still has reflux and has a very disrupted sleep as a result. He goes to sleep in my arms every night and ends up in our bed sometime during the night. We're exhausted and its v Difficult to go anywhere with him as he won't sit still. Ah how I crave a nights sleep :(

yellow hen wrote: »
    Ah Jees girls, I'm so jealous. Little o is 10 weeks now and hasn't improved on the sleep front at all. He still has reflux and has a very disrupted sleep as a result. He goes to sleep in my arms every night and ends up in our bed sometime during the night. We're exhausted and its v Difficult to go anywhere with him as he won't sit still. Ah how I crave a nights sleep :(

Awh YH poor you and the little man, has the reflux improved at all? I feel for you because we have had nights where Sean had disrupted sleep and its exhausting and he would always end up in bed beside me but OH would go to spare room anything for an hours sleep!!
    Sean has started to cry a lot around feeding time he'll take 2oz and then scream the house down but doesn't do it for his night feed and early morning it's just the 3 feeds during the day he's worse around his 7pm feed screams the place down and I'm lucky if I get 3oz into him.

Have our christening Sunday week and we wanted to have our two sisters as god parents but parish church won't allow it had to be either a male & female or just one of either can't be two of the same sex. So my sis and bro are god parents. Haven't got anything to wear yet I'm waiting until the fri before it to shop as Im been really strict with my diet and I'm eventually starting to see the excess baby weight come off slowly but surely! Still another stone to go but I'll get there. Stretch marks are fading ever so slightly aswel but my boobs are still huge can only imagine what they be like if I was b/feeding :-)

Hi everyone and babies :) is dundrum far from the galway motorway? I'd love to meet ye and babies :)
    Glad to hear about everyones sleeping, Elly I know wat u mean about the crying. I know Katelyn was ok at night but that's because I had her in beside me. I went mental throughout the day, poor rob I had to go home for a week. But we don't know if Katelyn has a severe case of colic or lactose intolerant either way were on lactose free milk. The doc said colic is at its peak at 8 weeks so hopefully the new milk will help its day 3 now so hopefully tomorrow ill have a new baby ha
    Yh -hope ur little man gets better. Hows he doing? Any better?

hi annettea, yes, when you come onto the M50 you are going South for 10 minutes or so before you hit the Dundrum exit :-)
    Great, so we are going for Tuesday 21st :-)

How does 2 or 3pm sound to people... what works for you guys?? Shall we go to the Jamie place or the Curry place that Elly and I went to to bring on our labours!! Maybee that could be fun, lol!

YHen, sorry the wee guy is topsy turvey with his sleep... gosh, the exhaustion level is so high, right??

I put Bonnie into her Moses basket 3 nights ago after sleeping beside me in the bed for 6 weeks and OMG what a difference... when I sleep - I properly sleep - what a difference.... So, hoping the exhaustion level is on the mend...

Soother really helps Bonnie when she has wind, have you tried that?

hi annettea, yes, when you come onto the M50 you are going South for 10 minutes or so before you hit the Dundrum exit :-)
    Great, so we are going for Tuesday 21st :-)

How does 2 or 3pm sound to people... what works for you guys?? Shall we go to the Jamie place or the Curry place that Elly and I went to to bring on our labours!! Maybee that could be fun, lol!

YHen, sorry the wee guy is topsy turvey with his sleep... gosh, the exhaustion level is so high, right??

I put Bonnie into her Moses basket 3 nights ago after sleeping beside me in the bed for 6 weeks and OMG what a difference... when I sleep - I properly sleep - what a difference.... So, hoping the exhaustion level is on the mend...

Soother really helps Bonnie when she has wind, have you tried that?

Sorry guys I can't do Tuesday Sean is actually booked in for his 2month vaccines at 2pm. If it was just a check up I'd say I'd call out for 3pm but really don't know how he will be after them so I'll have to give it a miss. Sorrrrry :-(

elly123 wrote: »
    Sorry guys I can't do Tuesday Sean is actually booked in for his 2month vaccines at 2pm. If it was just a check up I'd say I'd call out for 3pm but really don't know how he will be after them so I'll have to give it a miss. Sorrrrry :-(
    what about we move it to the next week then?

Lilbe wrote: »
    what about we move it to the next week then?

Anyday nxt week suits me!

Spent 4.5 hrs in the Coombe yesterday evening in a&e my gp told me to go down as I'm still bleeding, it had stopped after 4wks for 3-4 days then started again. Doc had to look at cervix way more uncomfortable when your not 38-40 wks preg or in labour!! It's was ouch! Anyway took swabs and gave me antibiotic just incase it's an infection. Hoping its just spotting from getting the depo injection when I was discharged after baby.

Stayed in my mams lastnight and she looked after the night feeds it was like a little trial before I leave him overnight without me and he was grand. I got a full nights sleep a full 9hrs it was amazing! Oh how I miss those full nights kip! Same again tues & weds as OH has agreed to do all the feeds while I go to spare room as he's working all week and I've bn doing all the feeds. He's off mon, tue wed thurs so he said it was only fair, I won't be arguing with that :-)

any day the following week suits me at the moment too... elly, want to pick a day to tie down into the diaries??

sorry about your bits and bobs, hope you recover quick sharp hun

Bonnie slept from 9.30pm till 7.30am... I was like WTFFF, and couldn't sleep a wink cause I was so worried that she was never going to wake up or something, LOL! And then 7.30am awake full of chit chat and smiles and all normal....!! COOL!! Things are looking up on the sleep front!

Mind you, I bought a new mattress, delivered yesterday and by God it stinks of something rottenly toxic...
    Have you guys ever had this ???
    I had to move me and Bonnie into the other room and onto the other bed for fear of our lives... the smell was so strong and toxic
    Is this normal??

No wonder I couldn't sleep a wink even though she was fast asleep... I was afraid the toxins had done some damage...
    Gonna leave the mattress in the room with the windows open, but no way I'm sleeping on it like that....let alone have Bonnie sleep in the same room as it...
    Any suggestions or should I just try to return the mattress?? It is a good one - a Back Care RESPA mattress... hmmmmm???

any day the following week suits me at the moment too... elly, want to pick a day to tie down into the diaries??

Bonnie slept from 9.30pm till 7.30am... I was like WTFFF, and couldn't sleep a wink cause I was so worried that she was never going to wake up or something, LOL! And then 7.30am awake full of chit chat and smiles and all normal....!! COOL!! Things are looking up on the sleep front!

Mind you, I bought a new mattress, delivered yesterday and by God it stinks of something rottenly toxic...
    I had to move me and Bonnie into the other room and onto the other bed for fear of our lives... the smell was so strong and toxic
    Is this normal??

No wonder I couldn't sleep a wink even though she was fast asleep... I was afraid the toxins had done some damage...
    Gonna leave the mattress in the room with the windows open, but no way I'm sleeping on it like that....let alone have Bonnie sleep in the same room as it...
    Any suggestions or should I just try to return the mattress?? It is a good one - a Back Care RESPA mattress... hmmmmm???

my OH said strong smell from new mattress is normal; they are wrapped in the factory and chemicals used to make get trapped inside. It needs a few days to air out if possible, remove the clothes and keep widow open during the day. It should be fine after about 4 days

• Advertisement

Is this normal??

Wow that's some sleeping. I wish Sean slept like that. I'm ecstatic if I get 5 hrs from him during the night. He fed at 7 and I'm hopping he wakes in the nxt hr and takes a decent feed and goes back down until at least 5/6. What gets me is he very rarely sleeps after his early morning feed when I would just love an hr of 2 sleep. Awh well I'm just glad he sleeps a bit!

How does nxt tues the 28th suit?

Advertisement