Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Caramelbarrel

Ok Lilbe, thanks, I'll give it another day and see if the smell goes down...
    I'm so afraid the chemicals leaking out could harm baby???

What day next week ladies??
    xx

Oh... yup! tuesday 28th, is good for me :-)
    Will put in diary unless it doesn't suit the others??
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

28 should be good for us too.
    yesterday brought the little man for his 2 months vaccinations, he was so cranky in the evening, and at night his temperature rose to 37.5 but we were lucky, it got back to normal pretty quickly. Today he is in good mood so far, smiles and happy, hopefully the side effects of the vaccination are behind us now.

So, tomorrow is the big day??!!
    Can't wait to see y'all and ya'' your babies!!
    xxx

girls, I suggest we exchange our phone numbers in private messages, I think then it will be easier to organise the meet, what do you think?

• Advertisement

It's today at 2pm, outside the main entrance of Dundrum shopping Centre :-)

oh ok. In half an hour! Not sure if I will make it. Anyway enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hi everyone and babies, how was the meet up? Of your meeting up again I'd love to meet up, wud it be easier for me to take a train? driving in Dublin scares me! !! Ha.. got vaccinations today :( I've a very very cranky baby slept all of 2 hours today and that's because she had an hour before it and I brought her in the pram for a half hour and she cried herself to sleep how do u give calpol? She chocked on it earlier

annettea wrote: »
    Hi everyone and babies, how was the meet up? Of your meeting up again I'd love to meet up, wud it be easier for me to take a train? driving in Dublin scares me! !! Ha.. got vaccinations today :( I've a very very cranky baby slept all of 2 hours today and that's because she had an hour before it and I brought her in the pram for a half hour and she cried herself to sleep how do u give calpol? She chocked on it earlier
    my baby was cranky too, and we gave him calpol. Just tried to give this spoonful in small bits.
    I didn't get to the meeting, but we are planning another one next Tuesday, will that suit you?

Lilbe wrote: »
    my baby was cranky too, and we gave him calpol. Just tried to give this spoonful in small bits.
    I didn't get to the meeting, but we are planning another one next Tuesday, will that suit you?

Thank you lilbe, :) I tried to give it in a teat but it wouldn't go through probably too thick so I tipped it into her mouth and it was the last bit she choked on it had to do my first aid ha and have tea with sugar and screamed for rob he gave her some water all was good ill try the spoon at 11 :) please God she won't choke. Was your liitle man ok the day after? Hopefully next Tuesday be ok, can I get the luas to dundrum or is it safe to drive?

• Advertisement

Thank you lilbe, :) I tried to give it in a teat but it wouldn't go through probably too thick so I tipped it into her mouth and it was the last bit she choked on it had to do my first aid ha and have tea with sugar and screamed for rob he gave her some water all was good ill try the spoon at 11 :) please God she won't choke. Was your liitle man ok the day after? Hopefully next Tuesday be ok, can I get the luas to dundrum or is it safe to drive?
    we used the spoon that comes in the pack with calpol. We also got nurofen, and it came with syringe, might be more handy to use.
    Jacob was a bit off the whole week after the vaccine, no fever, but had really bad wind in the evenings, we still give him infacol now to prevent it.
    There is luas that goes to Dundrum, not sure about driving, I personally don't mind it but absolutely hate m50

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Hey anneatta if your confident enough to drive the m50 is fairly empty during the day. And dundrum is junction 13 off the m50 it's pretty easy to find. If your not driving its a lot of travelling via train and luas's. the train to Houston then it's the red line luas to city centre then another 20min walk to green line luas which will take you to dundrum. Dundrum is about 20 mins from the N4/m50 junction.

YAY Annettea coming on Tuesday!!
    FAB!!
    Just drive girlie, you can do it ;-) ;-) - much easier, quicker, and safer than the hassle, bussle and annoyance of trains and luas's...
    2.30pm in Dundrum... sure call either of us if you are stuck, right girlies??

Bonnie went into a cot 2 night ago - disaster -- !!!!!!
    Went from 7 hours kip - to 2 hours - nightmare...
    Last night - a bit better, like 4 hours kip....
    Today - rearranged the room, moved the cot up against the wall, took one side off - moved my bed to the open side of the cot... fingers crossed now!!!!!!
    Think the bloody cot mattress is like a rock hard in comparison to the little flimsy Moses basket one... darn blast... let's see....

NIGHT!!!!
    xx

girls, can we do it at 3 instead of 2.30?

Sure!!

See you and babies tomorrow - 3pm at the main entrance to Dundrum Shopping Centre...
    :-)

Sure!!

See you and babies tomorrow - 3pm at the main entrance to Dundrum Shopping Centre...
    :-)

I don't think ill make it so sorry, next time definitely .. have a great time.. x

I don't think ill make it so sorry, next time definitely .. have a great time.. x

Guys how are we? How are babies in this hot weather? Katelyn is as sleepy and has only drank 13oz all day forcing another bottle down now .. stupid mil said not to give her a bottle earlier as she just fell asleep I said she's falling asleep cos she's hungry woke her and she drank the bottle eventually and no puke!! She just seemed to puke everything up I'd say from the heat how is everyone coping? I've Katelyn in a vest? That ok?

Bonnie is more thirsty cause of the heat Anneata!
    And have her in a vest with a little cute all-in-one shorts and short sleeved number :-) seems to do the trick I think!

Sean is not a fan of the warm weather just like his daddy. His sleeping has been a bit mixed and so has his intake of formula. He is taking water tho. At least 3oz a day which means I know he's hydrated enough.

We went to brittas bay yesterday and he loved the hussle and bustle and only slept for 10mins. Think he was afraid he'd miss something :-)

The last two nights I'm trying to cut out a feed and its been going ok. So lastnight he fed at 10:30ish and slept til 1am he took an oz of water and slept till 2 was awake pretty much then till quarter to 4, I think it was more wind that had him unsettled. He took another oz of water got wind up. and then slept till quarter past 6. I gave him formula and he took 5oz and is gone asleep again. What I'm hoping to achieve is that after his late feed he will go down for the night till 6am as he knows if he wakes he'll only get water. I know he's not starving because he's going back asleep and he's not dehydrated because he's taking water :-) Hope he'll get into the routine by end of nxt week :-)

Hi girlies and babsies :-)

How are everyone??!

Bonnie's Grandmother was over from LA for the past week, was so fab to see her and Bonnie and her just bonded straight away :-) she headed off yesterday so we are so sad now ;-) !! we miss her!! Bonnie keeps looking around as if to say where is that other voice gone!!!

Shall we aim for getting together for lunch next Tuesday??? :-)

xxx

• Advertisement

How are everyone??!

Bonnie's Grandmother was over from LA for the past week, was so fab to see her and Bonnie and her just bonded straight away :-) she headed off yesterday so we are so sad now ;-) !! we miss her!! Bonnie keeps looking around as if to say where is that other voice gone!!!

xxx

Hiya everyone babies,
    Hows everyone? Did u get your lil man to sleep through the night Elly?
    There's such a big change in them when they hit the 12 weeks, Katelyn is 13 weeks today and she gave me a beautiful present asleep at half 8 and slept through till 8 this morning delighted ..
    Hows Bonnie? That was a lovely visit :) say it was well needed :) is the bf alot easier now?

How are everyone??!

xxx
    Hey, I have a cold at the moment, so won't commit to next Tuesday, will see how it goes. It was probably great to have granny around! Was she delighted to see Bonnie?

She sure was!!! It was so fab Lilbe :-)
    Had my good friend up from Cork there too, so it's been all go - registered Bonnie yesterday so she has her birth cert now, yay!

BF going great anneta, really smooth and easy and lovely...

How's everyone doing??? Y'all gone quiet !!!

xxx

Hi everyone and babies :) hope all is well :) beautiful weather :) I heard the liffey valley have a great baby changing / feeding area have ye been? I really wish I was breastfeeding totally miss it even if it was 9 days if I knew Katelyn was lactose intolerant than it'd be easy and I'd save a fortune in formula haha also the girls in baby massage class were feeding and it only took them 10 mins!!! That's all!!! And Katelyn was staring at them with her hand in mouth I think she wishes to be still breastfed haha..

Hi Annetea!!
    ALL great!!!
    Enjoying this HOT weather - yiiihaaarrrr!!
    Hope are are too :-)
    Never been to L Valley changing place.. dundrum is closer and pretty good changing fac's there :-)
    xx

annettea, in breast feeding rooms they have bottle warmers, so you can feed there too :-)
    everything is good, but I'm happy today is not as hot - find it difficult to cool the room for the night when is too hot
    we were spending a lot of time in the garden last week, enjoyed the sunshine :-)

Hey ladies hope you and your litre ones are all good and enjoying the sunshine. How are the little ones doing?

I had a terrible 2weeks from week 13-15 I really didnt know how I was getting through each day. Constant crying and whinging. Only time he was quiet was when sleeping and feeding. His gums were giving him awful trouble...seem to have calmed a bit now but have to give him a drop of nurofen most mornings to keep the pain at bay. The teetha powder works for about 20 mins but that's it. Nothing else works. He's doing well the last week and is full of chatter and giggles all day so defo not in as much pain but everything is going into his mouth and he's dribbling.

He has finally started to sleep through the night. Thank god. Well I hope I'm not jinksing him now but we've had 2-3 full nights 9pm to 5am feed and back down till 7:30-8. Long may it last.

Has anyone taught about starting solids?

We bought a travel cot/ play pen today and set it up in sitting room he seems to love it. Have a proper mattress in it aswel so he's comfy. Also took his high chair down and out him in it. He was happy out as loves sitting up and looking around.

We had to put carry cot part of pram in attic as he has outgrown it. Hes a tall little lad.

Oh and finally he's in his own room. We had no choice but to put him in his room as it is much cooler than ours doesn't get the sun during the day...our room was reaching 30degress at night. He's sleeping better in there and seems to love the space.

Look forward to hearing how all your little dudes and dudettes are doing x x

Hiya how is everybody?? Enjoying the weather, in least there older we can do things with them!. I brought Missy moo swimming in the lake and took her bath outside and put rubber duckies in it we had great craic, roll on 4 month injections so we can bring them in the big swimming pool :) any news with anyone? How do u feel elly with Sean in the big boy room ?? I started Katelyn on cereal yesterday she's loving it :) SuperValu have a menu for 4-6 months in store..

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

I'm back! Sorry ladies-fell off the map there for a while moving house! How are ye all and the babies? Still feeding away here and avoiding the lactose. Clearly not sleeping all night if I am awake at this hour but its ok, wakes maybe twice a night?
    Decided not to wean early so no 'real food' yet.... Everyone else?

• Advertisement

Hope all mummies and babies are well :) getting so big now and sleeping through the night. I Dont miss baby stage at all think Katelyn has scared me off from having more ha x

Advertisement