Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Morning,

Today is my first morning i feel ok, no real nausea and MS seems to have settled. I also cooked my first meal in about 4 weeks yesterday and it was delicious. my tummy is starting to round down low, even the MIL mentioned it which i was surprised at because im only 9+5. My dating scan is Monday week im hoping i am further along than ive been told, my doc said im 11 wks 2moro based on lmp but my early scan measured me as been 8 days behind what doc said. i had a small bit of ligament and stretching pain last night scary when i first didnt know what it was but now i know its normal it doesn't bother me.... im able to eat an awful lot more than i had been aswel. I went out for a walk lastnight and i even managed some light cardio in the gym on monday so im hoping i am over the worst of it now and that the little rascal is all good and comfy inside and that scan and hosp will go well and i get a new lease of life :)

Have you told many people Lilbe? have you had your hosp appt yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Elly123, I had my scan at 10 weeks (I don't know why at 10, seems like everybody gets them at 12, but that's what my doctor did), and after that we are telling pretty much everybody. My parents are coming over next week, will tell them then - wanted to see my mum's face when I tell her :) They don't suspect a thing, bringing me my mountain skiing clothes, haha! Though better check that she has a return ticket before I tell her - she will want to move in with us and take over the baby! :)
    I have another appointment at 13 weeks, not sure if they will do a scan then, they were saying that will be for blood tests etc. I don't know anything about these appointments to be honest, it's my first pregnancy and I pretty much just do whatever my doctor tells me.

Lilbe wrote: »
    Elly123, I had my scan at 10 weeks (I don't know why at 10, seems like everybody gets them at 12, but that's what my doctor did), and after that we are telling pretty much everybody. My parents are coming over next week, will tell them then - wanted to see my mum's face when I tell her :) They don't suspect a thing, bringing me my mountain skiing clothes, haha! Though better check that she has a return ticket before I tell her - she will want to move in with us and take over the baby! :)
    I have another appointment at 13 weeks, not sure if they will do a scan then, they were saying that will be for blood tests etc. I don't know anything about these appointments to be honest, it's my first pregnancy and I pretty much just do whatever my doctor tells me.

I had a scan at 8 weeks but I paid for it privately and everything was perfect. I haven't been to my own family doctor yet, i went to a gp beside work to confirm the pregnancy back 6 weeks ago and had to have HCG bloods to confirm so they just rang me to tell me the result but i haven't actually sat down with a doctor. Should i go to my own GP before my hosp appt do you think? i have read up loads on pregnancy and pretty much no the do's and don'ts. My first hosp appt is for urine, bloods and dating scan. I know every hospital is different. I then have an appt with the consultant a week and half after my first visit.

You will have to get the video camera out to capture you mam's reaction :)
    This is my first and also the first grandchild on both sides so i already know our baby will have two pretty much live in grandmothers :) i dont mind im sure i will welcome all the help going :)

Friends have already started to suspect as im avoiding social events so i cant wait for Monday week to be finally able to tell them!

elly123 wrote: »
    I had a scan at 8 weeks but I paid for it privately and everything was perfect. I haven't been to my own family doctor yet, i went to a gp beside work to confirm the pregnancy back 6 weeks ago and had to have HCG bloods to confirm so they just rang me to tell me the result but i haven't actually sat down with a doctor. Should i go to my own GP before my hosp appt do you think? i have read up loads on pregnancy and pretty much no the do's and don'ts. My first hosp appt is for urine, bloods and dating scan. I know every hospital is different. I then have an appt with the consultant a week and half after my first visit.

Ah that might explain it! I had a laparoscopy before I got pregnant and when I got positive pregnancy test just called the consultant who did laparoscopy. So my appointments are all private, probably that's why I had a 10 week and then will have a 13 week (probably also because when I called the consultant to say that I was pregnant I was not prepared for the question about my last period and just said approximate date). I went to GP at about 9 weeks, but just because I had a slight brown discharge and was worried, she did urine test then, but then when I went to the consultant at 10 weeks he did not say anything about me needing to go to GP.
    Though may be it's a good idea to see a GP, at least you can sit down and discuss your options, I found it very chaotic, can't really find any information about cost of private care on the internet, they just say cost varies from consultant to consultant, so had to call and ask all the details.
    I wish there was some information leaflet for expentant mothers where your options would be described!

Ah that might explain it! I had a laparoscopy before I got pregnant and when I got positive pregnancy test just called the consultant who did laparoscopy. So my appointments are all private, probably that's why I had a 10 week and then will have a 13 week (probably also because when I called the consultant to say that I was pregnant I was not prepared for the question about my last period and just said approximate date). I went to GP at about 9 weeks, but just because I had a slight brown discharge and was worried, she did urine test then, but then when I went to the consultant at 10 weeks he did not say anything about me needing to go to GP.
    Though may be it's a good idea to see a GP, at least you can sit down and discuss your options, I found it very chaotic, can't really find any information about cost of private care on the internet, they just say cost varies from consultant to consultant, so had to call and ask all the details.
    I wish there was some information leaflet for expentant mothers where your options would be described!

Im thinking now i probably should go see my GP, i also had a lap done and i conceived the 3rd month after, i am public with my endometriosis so it is impossible to speak with my consultant (ive been with her for 13years) and nearest appt i could get with her is Oct. I've gone SP in same hospital for the pregnancy but i'll be under a different team, maybe i'll be seen by both or my endo consultant might liaise with my pregnancy consultant hmmmmm i will have to ask about that. I think will go and see my GP in the morning just so he is in the loop :)

Yeah i worked out that my SP rates will cost roughly €1,000 but i can claim some of this back on my health insurance and then the remainder on the MED1 form i think. I am going to the coombe and they sent me some general information on costs, when they sent out my appointment, doesn't say exactly what it will cost but I worked it out at about €1k.

• Advertisement

Yes, that sounds about right in terms of costs. When I called my consultant, his PA said that they will discuss costs with me at my second appointment. So I never even thought about public/SP/private.
    And then about a couple of days later it hit me about all these different options, so I called back and asked to tell me about costs as I think you need to know what you are doing in the very start. So private was not as scary expensive as I thought and at least they say that I will be seen by the same consultant all the time.
    Ah it's all too complicated! :)

Yes, that sounds about right in terms of costs. When I called my consultant, his PA said that they will discuss costs with me at my second appointment. So I never even thought about public/SP/private.
    And then about a couple of days later it hit me about all these different options, so I called back and asked to tell me about costs as I think you need to know what you are doing in the very start. So private was not as scary expensive as I thought and at least they say that I will be seen by the same consultant all the time.
    Ah it's all too complicated! :)

To be honest i really wanted to stick with the one consultant that I've been with for so long even if that meant going private but she doesn't take on new patients and she only sits public, i was going to go public but decided I'd go SP at the last minute I'm not even too sure if there is much of a difference between public and semi private, maybe less time in the waiting room for appts but that was good enough for me!
    It is definitely important to have the figures and the info available before making such a big decision.

I am starting to feel a bit queezy i think it's time for some lunch to keep the nausea at bay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hi guys :) theres lots of new future mummies here congrats to all.... Sooo i had my 12 weeks and everything is perfect seen baby and baby was moving in the scan and everything looks great.. But unfortunatly im not 12 weeks im 9 weeks and 4 days now but gives 3 extra weeks to prepare hopefully anyway.. As they say 3rd time lucky.. Get my bloods next week shall be fun :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

annettea wrote: »
    hi guys :) theres lots of new future mummies here congrats to all.... Sooo i had my 12 weeks and everything is perfect seen baby and baby was moving in the scan and everything looks great.. But unfortunatly im not 12 weeks im 9 weeks and 4 days now but gives 3 extra weeks to prepare hopefully anyway.. As they say 3rd time lucky.. Get my bloods next week shall be fun :) xx

Ah Annette that's great that everything was ok. 3 weeks is a big difference, how can the earlier calculations be so wrong? I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and have my scan next week but I think I ovulated later than normal so I'm kind of expecting them to say I'm a week behind what I thought.

i know 3 weeks is alot they said the same but we really dont ovulate on our period :p but after the miscarriage last year my cycle was like every 6-7 weeks so i say i ovulate late.. I thought you went for an early scan could they date? Once everything is okay.. How do you feel?? I had no symptoms except massive boobs ha and little heartburn .. :) u looking forward to your scan? X

• Advertisement

i know 3 weeks is alot they said the same but we really dont ovulate on our period :p but after the miscarriage last year my cycle was like every 6-7 weeks so i say i ovulate late.. I thought you went for an early scan could they date? Once everything is okay.. How do you feel?? I had no symptoms except massive boobs ha and little heartburn .. :) u looking forward to your scan? X

I had an 8 week scan and they dated me as per my calculations but they said that was rough and might change war the 12 week scan. I was meant to have my appt today but had to postpone it to next Thursday. Am a little anxious and excited all in one. I've been feeling ok. I think it's like having a mild hangover sometimes.... I feel a little off and like I'm running on 80% of my normal energy. Boobs were so sore and went up at least a cupsize. That pain has sort of gone now though. Yesterday and today I've had little stabbing pains on and off which feel like stretching or something, belly is definitely getting bigger anyway!!

yellow hen wrote: »
    I had an 8 week scan and they dated me as per my calculations but they said that was rough and might change war the 12 week scan. I was meant to have my appt today but had to postpone it to next Thursday. Am a little anxious and excited all in one. I've been feeling ok. I think it's like having a mild hangover sometimes.... I feel a little off and like I'm running on 80% of my normal energy. Boobs were so sore and went up at least a cupsize. That pain has sort of gone now though. Yesterday and today I've had little stabbing pains on and off which feel like stretching or something, belly is definitely getting bigger anyway!!

only another 6 more days really exciting :) sounds great tho. i had stabbing pains as well like on the left side more so, i klooked it up on the internet and god never again haha said i had a cyst ,, but it was just trapped wind ha :) yes my tummy has rounded i actually look pregnant :) have u told many people? or u going to wait till next thursday? the OH's dont mind about some of the pregnancy symptoms ;) bet you cant wait to see baby and see how much he /she grew :) xx

We told our parents and some v close friends but not our siblings so can't wait up tell them all. I don't look pregnant at the mo, more just fat and I caught sight of my boobs today and they're huge :(

Morning Ladies,

How are we feeling this morning? TGIF :)

My ms has definitely calmed down and im starting to feel normal again. Boobs are a little more tender than they have been but nothing too bad, my tummy is really starting to round and unles i wear something thats really lose fitting its noticeable. I have a party this weekend and ive nothing that hides it so i think im going to have to buy something that hides my lickle bump.
    Roll on Monday week for me!

Annettea have you told many people now that you have had your scan?

OMG, 12 weeks today and Im totally exhausted. I totally want to put my head down on the desk and sleep! I feel more normal every day though and definitely dont feel fat as I sometimes do on other days. I just cant wait to have an undisputable bump so I can feel somewhat assured as to whats going on in there.

Oh yes, looking forward to have a huge belly! Already practicing my pinguin walk :)
    I definetely feel much better than last week, wahoo! The best thing is that I can eat and check menus and think about food without getting nauseos. Missed cooking and glad that I can enjoy food again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amy1974

Hello All..

I am new to the March 2013 thread and I would like to share my story -

We have a little boy who is 3. He is our life! He is so busy and such a little boy.
    I fell pregnant last year but lost the baby in October. We were devasted. The brother or sister for our little boy was gone.

This year I fell pregnant in June with help of homeopathy. Due to the miscarriage last year I was anixous and did not want to wait for 20 weeks for my scan so I asked my GP to write to a consultant for me to get a scan at 10 weeks.

I got that scan and the consultant told me there was no heartbeat and I measured 8 weeks. She was cold and I felt rushed.. I paid €160 for this! She said she would expect to get a heartbeat at this stage and was not hopefull for a successful pregnancy. I explained I still had strong pregnancy symptoms and did not understand how this was - she dismissed us with an answer of the body not recognising the pregnancy had finished blah blah...... She asked would I come back a week later for another scan to be sure!

We endured the longest, slowest, horrible week of our lives. At our scan a week later in the maternity, carried out by a sonographer, (the nicest woman I have ever met) we found a heart beat and our baby measuring exactly 11 weeks.. spot on to my dates. Making this one of the happiest days of our lives.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.... please do not give hope and keep positive thoughts at all times.. mistakes can happen - people can be wrong!!

Lets hope we all continue on to have happy, healthy pregnancies

Best wishes to all

elly123 wrote: »
    Morning Ladies,

How are we feeling this morning? TGIF :)

My ms has definitely calmed down and im starting to feel normal again. Boobs are a little more tender than they have been but nothing too bad, my tummy is really starting to round and unles i wear something thats really lose fitting its noticeable. I have a party this weekend and ive nothing that hides it so i think im going to have to buy something that hides my lickle bump.
    Roll on Monday week for me!

Annettea have you told many people now that you have had your scan?

hi elle how are you?? Its nearly monday say your really excited.. :) best wishes for monday.. Ahm my partner seems to be doing all the telling hahaha and that was before the scan :) all the people i need to know, know :) it stilkl doesnt seem real in away i suppose cos i dont have really symptoms and the scan hasnt really hit me which is weird but my partner is so more relaxed now and is being more emotional since the scan cos he knows everything is okay i think we were really scaredbut it seems to be okay :) i think i wont be happy till i have baby in my hands haha i think like everyone else :) best of luck monday and hope u had a great time at the party x

hi elle how are you?? Its nearly monday say your really excited.. :) best wishes for monday.. Ahm my partner seems to be doing all the telling hahaha and that was before the scan :) all the people i need to know, know :) it stilkl doesnt seem real in away i suppose cos i dont have really symptoms and the scan hasnt really hit me which is weird but my partner is so more relaxed now and is being more emotional since the scan cos he knows everything is okay i think we were really scaredbut it seems to be okay :) i think i wont be happy till i have baby in my hands haha i think like everyone else :) best of luck monday and hope u had a great time at the party x

Hiya Annettea, its Monday week the 3rd. I'm already really excited about it but really nervous at the same time, i will be a nervous wreck come the appt. I am already wishing this week away! I know i seen the heartbeat only 2 weeks ago but i cant wait for this scan just to confirm all is ok.

I had a lovely dream lastnight that i had the baby a healthy little boy, i am planning to breastfeed and in my dream the baby latched on straight away and everything was so perfect, The labour was over in a matter of mins. now if only it was real life :D

How are you feeling today?

My sickness has definitely eased off but im not feeling 100%, tiredness, headache and just feeling weak when im on my feet too long!

Hi girls, we're marching on towards the second trimester...it;s hard to believe we're almost a third of the way through already isnt it? I feel pretty ok these days..a little tired sometimes and defo very sore and tired when Im standing all day but otherwise all ok. This weekend was the first time that I had ongoing backache and found it difficult to get comfy. I usually sleep on my tummy which gives huge relief....dreading when I wont be able to do this anymore :(

• Advertisement

hi elly i know how you feel about the nervous but excited feeling.. My heart was racong going into the scan and than when she put the ultrasound thing on my tummy relief like totally flooded me :) awww that was a loveluy dream, i must say all im having is nightmares, the other day i had a dream that i had no bottles or a car seat for baby and the baby was thirsty and didnt need milk but water and was getting dehydrated .. I woke up wanting to buy a car seat and bottles haha.. Last night i had another one about baby but it wasnt as bad.. Kust thinking im gonna be an awful mum if thease dreams come true.. I think its normal to be having bad dreams when pregnant haha .. I hope your dream comes true tho :D

hi yellow hen,,
    how are you?? Bump?? :) i think all this sickness should be easing off you now your nearly on the next stage.. Have you got your dating scan? :) ive heard that bad morning sickness is a sign of a girl i said it to my sister and she told me she got no sickness at all with my niece.. Just goes to sbow you about those old wivetales haha.. 2 more weeks to go and ill be in 2nd trimester x

Would heat patches help Yellow Hen? Be sure to mention it to the midwife at your appt, they may be able to recommend something to ease it or at least make you more comfortable. The last thing you want is to suffer back ache.

There is nothing like a nightmare or bad dream, you wake up in a panic and it can affect your mood for the day then or even lay on your conscience for awhile after. All my baby dreams only ever involve baby boys its weird, my only ever dream about a baby girl was two weeks before my friend was due her baby and i dreamt she had a little girl, and she did!

hi annetta, no I feel great at the minute and with the exception of the odd bit of nausea havent been sick at all. Generally I've felt grand. Yeah, I'm dead excited about the scan on Thursday. We haven't been scanned in 4.5 weeks and to be honest, that scan showed a black dot so it simply reassured us that I was pregnant but it didnt give me that 'pregnant' feeling.

Elly you must be so excited too? Annettea, when do you get your bloods done this week?

Ah yello hen i can not wait, i just need the reassurance that all is OK. I would say your counting down the hours to Thursday.

oh my elle maybe its a little boy :) i think its lovely were growing a little life its cute.. Cant wait for another 10 weeks to feel the kicks :) have any of ye got flutters? More like flicks in the tummy :) yes bloods on wednesday basically theyre to check if we have any stis eek i dont know if the check hormones??but i dont know if my bloods have been cancelled cos i told them im moving and they told me to move everything to ballinasloe so i dont know if i still have to travel to get my bloods taken or not.. 3 more days yellow hen :) cant wait to hear the news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Annettea I had these little flicks this morning in the side of my tummy, right where baby is.... Convinced myself I was mad..... Could it be???
    Had midwife appt today. Not the best experience. Bit rushed, but then I don't hav any health stuff so not too complicated a history.
    Then went to consultant for I thought a quick catch up.... She's just back from holidays and I think she is scanning all her ladies to make sure everything is ok cos she had me up on the table straight away! I don't even want too many scans! We have our nuchal on Wednesday and I thought that would be it- but no, there Junior was, bold as brass..... Waving, kicking and growing by steam! Could see the little spine and everything.... Looks like a proper little baby. Completely amazing. DH bit peeved coos he couldn't come today and we assumed it was just bloods etc.... But he'll see more wednesday anyway.
    Of course she would tell me nothing which could put my mind at ease about the nuchal.....

oh wow wicklori, that scan sounds great. Could totally understand your OH being peed off to miss it!

I have read in many books that butterfly sensations are really common from here in. I however feel nothing :( Honestly, it's freaking me out. The only thing I get which makes me think I might have cysts back, is a small stitch like pain low down around each ovary. Yesterday I sneezed and it felt like I almost snapped something on my right ovary. I read the rollercoaster forum too and the amount of girls in the March forum who already have said goodbye to their little beans....:( I hope I'm just being totally melodramatic.

Awh Wicklori the scan sounds amazing. Such a relief and peace of mind seen the little one all content and playing around, so cute.

Yellow hen cysts are very common in the first trimester of pregnancy i had weird pain on my left side really taught it was ectopic which convinced me to have the early scan and it turned out i had a cyst on my left ovary. I now know the cyst pain, ive read that cyst can be a good sign i've only once had the type of pain you mentioned when sneezing. Try not worry yourself too much, im as much of a worrier as you are but stay positive and im sure everything will be ok you have only two more sleeps before you see the little one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Thanks guys :-) It was great! The more the evening went on it registered more. Went and told my senior manager this morning-manager knew already.

Yellowhen I am sure all is well. Stay positive and don't stress-not good for either you or baby. I think sometimes we get driven mad about risks and scans and people talking, our Mothers had none of this (comparatively) and we all turned out somehow! Sometimes I regret reading things online-not here-obviously! But some of the stuff online is crazy! :D

Advertisement