Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

hi everyone.. How is everyone?? Im just soo tired lately.. Great sign my body is at work haha..
    Wicklori how did your manager know i wondr you must be glowing?? Haha.. At the present im looking for work i got let go and a couple of days later i found out about bump :) things happen for a reason and all that :) i just hope i get a job soon.. 2 scans in one week you lucky thing :) exciting stuff :)
    yellow hen i didnt mean to worry you its just my friends nd mum were asking me did i get the flicks was wondering did anyone else have them, i thought i felt them but when i went for the scan baby was so much llower down haha , i thnk 20 weeks is when you feel baby moving more so :) and dont be reading sad stories :) your in your 13th week? Thats past the 12 week stage.. Does thhat mean your in the 2nd trimester? And oh my god i sneezed a few times and its like pullinmg a muscle or something haha.. Everyone sounds like their doing great :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh god annettea, you didnt worry me at all :) I'm a walking nervebag prior to this 12week scan. Just want to be able to enjoy it now. I really need to stop reading rollercoaster as the amount of missed miscarriages would totally terrify you.

Only two more sleeps to go now until scan. :)

Just as I'm sitting in bed, I'm looking at a bottle of bio-oil on my locker. I bought it for the scars after I had the laparoscopy (but never used it :o) . Is anyone going to try using oils or anything on their tummy over the next two trimesters or is it like trying to stop a flood with teacup?

hi yellow hen,, exciting stuff tomorrow will drag by so haha we hope not tho.. Time is going pretty fast without realising it :)
    about the cream mum was telling me to bath with baby oil and muisturise tummy everyday.. She has no stretch marks and she had 4 children weighing around the 10lb unfortunatly fr me eek haha xx

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lilbe

Yellow hen, good luck with your scan! And stop reading depressing stuff, it won't help, you will just feel worried.
    Told my boss yesterday about the pregnancy, he said he had his suspicions :) The good thing is he allowed me not to go on business trips anymore! Wahoo, I hate business trips, so happy I won't have them!
    About oils/creams - I started to use Mama Bee on my boobs and tummy after shower, supposed to help from stretch marks.
    I think many of us are entering their second trimester these days, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Morning Ladies,

How are we feeling this morning?

I think my MS is coming back, im not sure if im just unwell or its the MS my stomach was doing summersaults last night and literally got through two spoons full of cereal this morning and ive just been sick :(

Yellowhen, i have stopped reading all the sad stories it would just break your heart, although in saying that i read yesterday that a lady said goodbye to her little angel at 22weeks, she's been in my taughts since, same thing happened a friend and both were related to a UTI in some way. I taught to myself, I get kidney infections regularly enough especially when im run down so im going to stock up on the cranberry and natural yoghurt and stay hydrated and try to be pro active and try prevent them if possible.

I've been using the Palmers stretch mark cream and the bio oil literally from day 1 generally only use the oil at the weekend when i have the time to let it dry in. Ive been using them on the insides of my thighs, my boobs, stomach and back around the love handles. Pennys have the Palmers range think it was 4 or 5 euro a lot cheaper than the bio oil.

I am getting bigger each day and more round, i have no more tops for work that will hide it so i have a cardi on today that will do the job. I refuse to buy bigger work clothes until after the scan! i defo didnt expect to be showing at this stage. anyone else notice they are getting a bump?

• Advertisement

hi guys how is everyone today?? Yellow hen i cant wait to hear the news today :) i never knew to mouisturise boobs and thghs i did it last night tho but body feels so much better from it.. Thank you for the tip ;)
    im noticing something appearing :) so does my OH ha but i was just down yesterday cos i couldnt find anything nice to wear jeans arent as figure hugging,, my OH was concerned cos he knew something was up and i tolld him and he was like awww baby your beautiful and kissed bump made my day haha .. I think its leggings all the way for me :)
    hope everyone is good and in good spirits :)

Hey Annettea, I had the same today in the morning - wanted to wear a skirt and it was too tight (tried 2 of them on, and they were loose before!), so it's dresses now. And I can see a little belly :)
    Grow, baby, grow! :)

Im still going around with the buttons on my work trousers open and just covering them with a top, although they don't fit my tummy they do fit my legs and if I go a bigger size they will be swimming around my legs.

My boobs are really sore this morning, woke up about 3ish because they were quite tender and because i was awake i start to feel hungry, so down to the kitchen for some toast it was otherwise i would have never got asleep. Driving over the ramps coming out of my estate this morning was horrible on my boobs, i hope they are not taking another jump I've already gone up a cup size!!

I think leggings is definitely the way forward or dresses with tights, i haven't been able to wear my dresses to work as you would defo notice my bump in them but roll on next week when i dont have to hide it any more :)

Am I the only one who is excited about growing boobs? Mine were not very big initially and now at least I got some cleavage, would be happy if they got bigger another 1 or 2 sizes! :)
    Oh girls, just called my brother to tell him the news, told him - you are gonna be an uncle, and he said - you are gonna be an aunt!!!! His wife is also due in March. And my best friend is due in March, too - how amazing is that?

Hey girls, I'm back from hospital. Everything went great! As other people mentioned about the coombe, the scan was a bit rushed abs the screen is beside your head do you're almost breaking your neck to see but regardless we did see our baby with two legs and two arms! :) Everyone in the coombe was so nice, I noticed there was only two of us today who registered for semi private so I'm hoping that means future appointments will be quick. The queues for public were huge today. We now have an appt to meet consultant, our 22 week scan and put GLucose tolerance test. Overall I am so relieved. Oh and the dates didn't change so we're still looking at the 9 march. Thanks for listening to me panicking over the last week. :)

• Advertisement

Yellow Hen delighted to hear the appointment went well, hopefully it will ease the worry and you can now relax and start to enjoy the experience and you can share your news now. how long did the whole appointment take?

Lible my boobs have gone from a C to a D i dont mind them getting a little bigger but i dont want them to be huge!! well i dont mind as long as they are not sore.
    Thats lovely news and to have people close to you that you can talk to aswel is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hey girls, I'm back from hospital. Everything went great! As other people mentioned about the coombe, the scan was a bit rushed abs the screen is beside your head do you're almost breaking your neck to see but regardless we did see our baby with two legs and two arms! :) Everyone in the coombe was so nice, I noticed there was only two of us today who registered for semi private so I'm hoping that means future appointments will be quick. The queues for public were huge today. We now have an appt to meet consultant, our 22 week scan and put GLucose tolerance test. Overall I am so relieved. Oh and the dates didn't change so we're still looking at the 9 march. Thanks for listening to me panicking over the last week. :)
    Ahh.... See.... We told ya everything would be fine!!! Congratulations, you are definitely pregnant, and can now go nuts telling everyone!
    We went for the nuchal yesterday.... It went great and our chances of the 3 trisomy disorders are basically tiny so in the words of the sonogrpher consultant guy "to put this in context this is the best possible result you could have gotten".... DELIGHTED.
    BUT! I don't know.... Expected to be an emotional mess, crying and hugging and everything and I wasn't, and he wasn't, and we weren't.... We were a bit shell shocked or something. Walked out without paying (were called back obviously).... Can anyone relate to this or is it just me?

Now I don't want to make it sound like we aren't excited, delighted and relieved and aware of how lucky we are-we are! But I just thought it would be more momentous or something?

Maybe it's the hormones, but we are paying out good money and everyone in the hospital and the scan place was kinda annoying me.....

And the boobs-don't talk to me!!! Nearly need a new bra every week :-) Husband loves it... Leery looks every morning!!!

oh my god yellow hen delighted for you :) im glad were all getting great news lately and that our bumps are growing which is perfect and for lilbe our boobs too haha .. I think my OH is delighted for that bit too haha..
    I think dresses and leggings and tights shows bumps beautifully,, i thnk jeans are out cos theyre not doing anything great for me anyways haha.
    Ah lilbe thats great news about your brother.. I think another baby boom is happening :) xx
    i actually got my first negative comment from someone about the pregnancy and i was like woah thats really disgusting that she can think so negative.. Some people out there.. So now ive stopped talking to her but she has been apologising but still you dont come out with negatve comments..
    Anyways yellow hen im delighted for you.. Did you get pictures?? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

congrats yellowhen,delighted scan went great....i'm in for mine sat,will be 8 weeks 4 days:)you can relax now and enjoy it all,let the good times roll:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

wicklori wrote: »
    Ahh.... See.... We told ya everything would be fine!!! Congratulations, you are definitely pregnant, and can now go nuts telling everyone!
    We went for the nuchal yesterday.... It went great and our chances of the 3 trisomy disorders are basically tiny so in the words of the sonogrpher consultant guy "to put this in context this is the best possible result you could have gotten".... DELIGHTED.
    BUT! I don't know.... Expected to be an emotional mess, crying and hugging and everything and I wasn't, and he wasn't, and we weren't.... We were a bit shell shocked or something. Walked out without paying (were called back obviously).... Can anyone relate to this or is it just me?

Now I don't want to make it sound like we aren't excited, delighted and relieved and aware of how lucky we are-we are! But I just thought it would be more momentous or something?

Maybe it's the hormones, but we are paying out good money and everyone in the hospital and the scan place was kinda annoying me.....

And the boobs-don't talk to me!!! Nearly need a new bra every week :-) Husband loves it... Leery looks every morning!!!
    We were like that as well with both our scans! After the initial shock of seeing baby or finding out sex wore off that's when we got emotional! It just needs a little time to sink in :)

wickilori thats lovely im soo happy for you.. I think we were expecting the same when we seen baby on the screen rob was just staring at the screen i was just smiling and thinking where are the tears?? Still havent got them but i am getting more and more excited everyday.. Give it time and im really happy for you..
    Elly your next for the scan i think,, u all excited??
    And if you have them, flaunt them ;)

Delighted for you Green Hen, now you can stop worrying :) Enjoy it!

thanks girls, I am totally chuffed :D

@Elly23, the whole appointment only took 2 hours and that included the midwife questionnaire, general blood pressure, weight & height, bloods taken, urine sample and the dating scan. We're back in two weeks to meet the consultant. Will tell the rest of my family tonight and then friends and work tomorrow...can't wait to just get it out there!
    13 weeks tomorrow so I guess I am just about finished my first trimester..yah!!!

Ah yellow hen im so happy for you that it all went so well, im looking forward to mine now Monday afternoon. Hopefully I'm not waiting too long to be seen. What date you back to meet your consultant?
    Did you get some pics of baby?

Jesus 13 weeks already, i know we've been wishing the weeks away but they really have flown by! i cant believe tomorrow is Friday already i taught this week would be the slowest week ever but its gone so quick.

Hi elly, we're back with consultant on the 13 September and then I think he'll tell us when we next go to our gp ( we're combined care). Yeah we got two pics but they're not great, it definitely wasn't the warm intimate experience other mums describe. I couldn't fault the coombe otherwise though, incredibly nice staff. They made you feel like you were the only pregnant woman in the hospital. I loved getting all the congratulations!!! :)

• Advertisement

Your in the day before me with the consultant. I'm so worried about Monday. :-(
    I'm just back from the doctor I have a bug :-( well he reckons its a bug, he examined me and said if it was a MC I would be very tender. Have had cramps since Wednesday and woke up during the night with them and was sick. Was really worried, but hopefully it is just a bug and I don't have to long to wait for the scan. I'll be resting for the whole weekend!

elly123 wrote: »
    Your in the day before me with the consultant. I'm so worried about Monday. :-(
    I'm just back from the doctor I have a bug :-( well he reckons its a bug, he examined me and said if it was a MC I would be very tender. Have had cramps since Wednesday and woke up during the night with them and was sick. Was really worried, but hopefully it is just a bug and I don't have to long to wait for the scan. I'll be resting for the whole weekend!

Aw you poor thing.... I kon wwhat you mean worrying about the appt., but your priority is growing a baby now, so try to put it out of your head, chill and ooze some positivity. All will be well... Maybe you could think up a pregnancy playlist? That would be a nice relaxing thing to do which might take your mind off feeling crap?

Yellow hen, so relieved to hear someone else say the scan wasn't the warmest fuzziest thing ever!

wicklori wrote: »
    Aw you poor thing.... I kon wwhat you mean worrying about the appt., but your priority is growing a baby now, so try to put it out of your head, chill and ooze some positivity. All will be well... Maybe you could think up a pregnancy playlist? That would be a nice relaxing thing to do which might take your mind off feeling crap?

Yellow hen, so relieved to hear someone else say the scan wasn't the warmest fuzziest thing ever!

Oh Elly, try to relax and believe it is a cramp. It almost definitely is but I know whats it like to let your mind run away from you! Rest up and hopefully all will be good on Monday. If this is your first time in the coombe, like me, sit beside the hatch furthest away from the front door so you'll be top of the queue.

Wicklori, I'm probably not an overly sentimental or emotional person but I definitely thought the scan was very cold and procedural. Even the phlebotomist who took my bloods was 'oh congratulations' etc. ..you'd think the sonographer would understand that its a big moment for couples!

Oh Elly, try to relax and believe it is a cramp. It almost definitely is but I know whats it like to let your mind run away from you! Rest up and hopefully all will be good on Monday. If this is your first time in the coombe, like me, sit beside the hatch furthest away from the front door so you'll be top of the queue.

Wicklori, I'm probably not an overly sentimental or emotional person but I definitely thought the scan was very cold and procedural. Even the phlebotomist who took my bloods was 'oh congratulations' etc. ..you'd think the sonographer would understand that its a big moment for couples!

That's exactly what I thought! OH was perfectly happy with sonographer, but I thought he was a bit routine about the whole thing! I am a really emotional person who can be relied upon to cry for more or less anything-not ONE tear!!!

Hi ladies, just a quick update. Pain got so bad yesterday I ended up coming down to the ER in Coombe. It was a bit of a joke no doctor around as they are on call I was seen first because of how bad I was this was nearly 4 hrs after I arrived doc tried to tell me it was a kidney infection but I was having none of it. Baby is perfect tho. He sent me back out to waiting room and said they'd do an internal scan. I was lucky in a way my consultant for my endo was passing by the corridor and she came over to me. She was over the moon that I was pregnant but then seen how much pain I was in, she said I think you'll have to be admitted. She took over and did another scan and got to see baby's hands waving which was amazing and such a relief to know everything was perfect but what was causing me so much pain! She thinks it might be my gall bladder so I'm in Coombe now until Monday. Oh and my consultant wants to take over me now for the pregnancy so ive to switch from semi-private to public, she said she'd see me herself for every visit! I know my forms say you can't switch once you sign up but she's Adament that I see her which I'm over the moon with. She's been my doc for the past 13 years so I'm only too happy to have her by my side tru the pregnancy. I suppose every cloud and all that and everything happens for a reason.

Hope your all feeling good and well x

Hey elly, that must have been really frightening for you. I'm delighted the way it's working out though, you obviously trust your previous consultant so it'll be good to stay with her now. Hope you're feeling a little better today. X

Morning Ladies,

I got discharged yesterday afternoon, i had liver and gallbladder scans yesterday morning aswel as the dating scan, was raging they did the dating scan at the same time because my partner wasn't around for it :( anyway they didn't find anything substantial on the scans, something small in my gallbladder but not stones, but said that's not to say they wont form into stones. I had a horrible 3 days with the pain and not been able to eat or drink without it coming back up. The doctor put me on a drip on Sunday for dehydration i had 4 ltrs of fluid. My doc had wrote up that i was to have a pethidine injection for pain but nurses were so reluctant to give me this they kept giving me panadol, which did nothing for the pain the first two nights the injection only worked for about 2 hrs. then id have the pains back again, i was in agony on Sunday evening and i got the injection finally at half 8 and i slept the whole night tru, with no pain at all. I definitely think it might be food related, because i was fasting from Sunday night until after my scan on Monday and i had no pain, and when i ate i had a small bit nothing major. So i am keeping a food diary from today to see what is and what is not agreeing with me.

I went to my booking in appt yesterday afternoon after been discharged and MW told me it was still showing in my urine that i was dehydrated even tho id had 4ltrs of fluid by IV in the previous 24 hrs. So im trying to get as much water as possible into me know. last thing i want is to end back up in the coombe on a drip for dehydration.

I am feeling much better and i'm back in work today but im under strict orders from the OH, my mother and my MIL that i am not to lift a finger at home. So for the next few weeks until im 100% its bed rest for me after work each evening.

How are all you other ladies doing?

Elly123 hope you will feel much better soon! Glad to hear that they discharged you and that they did not find anything serious. Have lots of rest!

Went to a scan today, the doctor was showing me the baby, and I was like Rachel in Friends - where is he, can't find him! Then realised that the baby was upside down, his bum up :)
    They gave me some brochures and leaflets, and even signed me up to ante natal classes - feels surreal!

Lilbe wrote: »
    Elly123 hope you will feel much better soon! Glad to hear that they discharged you and that they did not find anything serious. Have lots of rest!

Went to a scan today, the doctor was showing me the baby, and I was like Rachel in Friends - where is he, can't find him! Then realised that the baby was upside down, his bum up :)
    They gave me some brochures and leaflets, and even signed me up to ante natal classes - feels surreal!

Ours was the same, sonographer was pretty vigorous in trying to turn the baby the other way but it refused to budge. I still havent signed up for antenatal classes. I also want to register for pilates or yoga( im leaning towards pilates) but as we're on holidays for the first week of October, I think i might wait until I come home to sign up. Has anyone registered for classes yet?

Elly, good to hear you're home but it sounds like you have had a tortorous weekend. x

• Advertisement

I didn't find the Sonographer very friendly at all, while she was doing the dating scan she was pouncing on my stomach with the scanner and we seen baby jump but then when she was trying to get the measurements but baby was curled up so she tried tapping my tummy again it didn't hurt but it wasn't pleasant and she didn't explain until afterwords why she was doing it, i was kind of glad that i had an empty bladder because if she'd have been doing that to me with full bladder i would have wee'd on the bed. i am booked in for the big scan on 12th November, seems ages away but i know it will be here before we know it.

We've told our family close friends and some work colleagues so its definitely starting to feel more real. Plus having the little pic to look at helps aswel :)

Advertisement