Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perfume Help

• 07-07-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi :)
    Hoping for some new ideas, Im quite a perfume freak but I have a 100euro gift card for BT and would love to treat myself to a new, unique, higher end perfume.
    I could list loads of my favourites but I kind of want to try something different so I would love if you lovely folks would give me a hand... What fragrance would you buy, maybe a little description too?
    I know Im asking a bit much and giving very little but any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Ok to hopefully help things along a little, Im thinking maybe Stella or Flowerbomb?
    Aaany advice more than welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Dior Addict in the blue bottle. It's a strong scent but LOVE it. Also coveting estee Lauder bronze goddess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

CarMe wrote: »
    Ok to hopefully help things along a little, Im thinking maybe Stella or Flowerbomb?
    Aaany advice more than welcome :)

Flowerbomb is nice but the smell can be quite overpowering after a few hours, spray a sample on your skin and see how the scent changes, it might end up suiting you perfectly.

Stella is another lovely one, lighter than Flowerbomb, but still a nice flowery scent that lasts all day.

Prada Iris is a fantastic day time perfume, got a nice soapy clean smell. A little tip though, Zara do an exact copy of this perfume at €14

Chanel Allure, a modern classic a classy grown-up scent, but not too old fashioned. Again a near perfect copy of this is Marks and Spencer's Sensuale.

Narcisco Rodriguez for her, this is a really gorgeous scent, it's quite musky, but don't let that put you off, there are lots of other delicate subtle notes of perfume underneath that. It really is beautiful.

Remember to let the perfume settle on your skin for a few hours to see how it reacts/changes. Oh and happy shopping :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

CarMe wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Hoping for some new ideas, Im quite a perfume freak but I have a 100euro gift card for BT and would love to treat myself to a new, unique, higher end perfume.
    I could list loads of my favourites but I kind of want to try something different so I would love if you lovely folks would give me a hand... What fragrance would you buy, maybe a little description too?
    I know Im asking a bit much and giving very little but any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Angel by thierry mulgar is my favourite perfume. It is quite strong and sweet in flavour. I am not a fan of the rest of his perfumes. Although it is very expensive if you buy the refillable bottles, a refill of 25 ml only costs €25 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Acqua Di Parma have some nice fragrances.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

my 3 favourites would be: flowerbomb by viktor & rolf

jo malone vanilla and rose water - simply the most amazingly feminine scent ,not too weak,not too overpowering just right,and the rose and vanilla infused scent is delicious..makes you want to eat it!

thierry mulger womanity - beautiful fig and rose scent smells great on if you want something a little different.

If you are a perfume freak like you say you are you should try googling carrement belle(they are french gourmet perfumes,but dont come cheap)worth looking into. carrementbelle.net i think just google the name anyway,my favourite is vanille its way better than vitkor & rolf!
    they have other scents too like patchouli,they have whole ranges of them for every type of perfume scent simply amazing scents,they are gourment niche perfumes!
    another one would be fragonard,just google them or ebay them again amazing range of scents,but there not cheap either!my favourite is grain de soleil..amazing scent,can be a little strong though..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My two night time scents are Angel by Thierry Mugler and Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari. Both very deep, dark perfumes. Always get compliments on them!

Millem wrote: »
    Angel by thierry mulgar is my favourite perfume. It is quite strong and sweet in flavour. I am not a fan of the rest of his perfumes. Although it is very expensive if you buy the refillable bottles, a refill of 25 ml only costs €25 euro.

I think I have a refillable bottle, where could I get it filled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Twee. wrote: »
    I think I have a refillable bottle, where could I get it filled?

BTs definitely do refills. Possbily larger Boots stores too.

Larianne wrote: »

Amazing! Gonna go fish out my bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Twee. wrote: »
    Larianne wrote: »

Amazing! Gonna go fish out my bottle.

The perfume shop do it and loads of chemists (not just chains you will be surprised)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Wow thanks all you've given me loads to look into thanks!
    I don't know what it is about BT but i always want to be prepared going in, like know exactly what Im getting. Im totally intimidated by the place whereas Arnots and Debenhams I could ramble around for hours happily.

Advertisement