Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping & hotel break in cork with 3 kids

Options
  • 07-07-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all

Myself, hubby & kids (5,8,12) thinking of going to Cork or Kerry camping for 2 nights & hotel for 2 nights mid august. Would like somewhere near to beach, things to do for kids, pool in hotel etc & on a bit of a budget also.

Any ideas or recommendations??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

shazza07 wrote: »
    Hi all

Myself, hubby & kids (5,8,12) thinking of going to Cork or Kerry camping for 2 nights & hotel for 2 nights mid august. Would like somewhere near to beach, things to do for kids, pool in hotel etc & on a bit of a budget also.

Cheers

It might be an idea to post your thread up on the Cork County and Kerry titles. I reckon you might get people there with better local knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Hi all

Cheers

Trabolgan would seem to fit your requirements. Not sure about prices though.

http://www.trabolgan.com/

You could also try the Quality Hotel in Clonakilty.
    http://www.qualityhotelclon.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Clonakilty

Desert House for the Camping

Quality Hotel Clonakilty for the.. hotelling(?)

Beach with a surf school for the kids (and adults!) only 5 mins drive from Clonakilty.

I have no affiliation with any of those businesses fwiw. My sister uses both facilities with her hubby & kids and would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Hi all

Cheers

For camping, it really depends, do ye want a camp site or just somewhere you can set up a tent and have it standing the next morning?

If it's the latter, then you can camp up at James Fort just outside Kinsale and your tents will survive well, people do go their drinking, but I've never found anyone to be intrusive. There are a few places where the ground is flat and fires have been before so you can set fires there, but be kind to the local environment and use a pre-existing fire point :) There is a beach down the hill from the fort which is naturally safe with very small waves. Or you could drive out to Garretstown which is close enough.

For James fort to have a fire you would have to bring your own firewood though as it's all scrub brush and unburnable plants around.

Inch Beach in Kerry CAN be good, but it really depends on wind, the winds hit heavy at times and your tents aren't guaranteed to survive if they do!

Advertisement