Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back pain from lift weights arseways

Options
  • 08-07-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Well as the tittle suggest im after hurting my back from using the lat pull down machine arseways, only realised when i played ball at 7 when i was getting out of the car got a real bad pain from the lower back up (still played ball tho cause im a champ) :P haha yeh not a good idea def made it worse my own fault but i have lots of stuff that has to be done monday is there any remedies to help my back. moving in anyway shape or form is really sore nearly fall on the ground with pain kinda sore. any help would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I think you will have better luck getting advice in the health section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

to be honest just go to a physio,have hurt my back a few times through sports and thats the first thing ive always done.plenty of rest as well till its better.better off to spend 50e or whatever it costs to see a physio nowadays rather than have a fcuked up back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'm no medical professional but have had recurring back problems resulting from a motor bike crash many years ago. 2 plastic discs to show for it and every few years when I forget and lift something too heavy it flares up and that's not fun.

But, my personal experience is that if you've caused disc damage then you'll feel it in your legs. My guess is this is muscular. Soaking in hot baths has helped me when it's muscular. That and rest and a decent gentle massage.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate. Deffo see a doctor though if it's still there on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

You want to be very careful when it comes to back injuries. I know of people who have injured their back and years later they still have problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheFishingKid

cheers yeh not as bad today, the rest done me good but we'll see what tomorrow has in store...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hi OP,

Unfortunately site wide rules dictate that we cannot give medical advice. So I'll have to close this thread. As someone who suffers backpain too I'm glad you feel better but I'd still advise to still go see your GP

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement