Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay listing claims to have every game from 22 classic consoles, asks for €999,999.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

That listing must have taken forever to write, really cool collection though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

If I were a billionare tyrant I'd buy the lot and burn it all :pac:

6a00d8341bfa1853ef010535d2dc55970b-800wi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Just imagine getting something like that delivered by the postman... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

23130371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah don't see Stadium Events listed. So not gonna buy it now

My bad, it's there under Running Stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

It has sold.

Which one of you bought it? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It has sold.

Which one of you bought it? :pac:
    There is "sold" and there is sold; setting up a throw away Ebay account is not exactly hard thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

100% Complete Sega Megadrive Fullset: All releases (around 450 games), all complete in box with instructions

There are about twice that many games for the Megadrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why someone would buy them is a bit mad. Basically they have all these games that they can't even try out because once they open them they will be worth a couple thousand less. Hmmm, maybe it was Monty Brewster who bought them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

o1s1n wrote: »
    There are about twice that many games for the Megadrive.

Could be wrong but I think he's just selling the Japanese releases.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why someone would buy them is a bit mad. Basically they have all these games that they can't even try out because once they open them they will be worth a couple thousand less.

Why would someone buy unopened Star Wars figures from the 70s/80s? Anyone spending a million on games must be kinda nuts anyhow. If Michael Jackson were still alive he'd totally have bought these.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For the price of a ticket to japan and freight back you can get complete collections of pretty much every japanese console cheap, the most expensive being the Famicom for $10000-7000. If you bought them all and flew bakc you'd have change out of $100,000. Of course they wouldn't be sealed and boxed but sure what's the point then? Not like it's going to get you laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not like it's going to get you laid.

**** this! why am i even here :(

Table-Flip.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

There is a short interview with the seller of this collection over on Eurogamer. According to the article he is still waiting on the buyer to hand over the money.

Link

Advertisement