Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Comments

seanbmc wrote: »
    Agreed, alcohol is a big cause of most of the fights that you see happening.

E gives you that "loved up" feeling and reduces your social inhibitions. Worst thing you have to deal with when someone is on it is them talking shíte or being affectionate.

To be honest, most people on here haven't a clue what they're on about and just genarlise. "High as kites, Joe" etc.

I remember being in a club where probably 95% of people were just on a certain drug and you could easily spot the few people who were just drinking or doing coke. They looked like way less fun :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

i noticed one guy tearing down the street near to where i live with a golf ball club

A golf ball club........as opposed to a golf club.

Probably on his way to a gang sex rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Nodin wrote: »
    You win. You're absolutely correct. The country has never been worse and we will all be ass raped to death by skangers in our houses. The last words ever heard in this country will be a voice crying "Joeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

Ah don't mind, I'm sure crime was worse in the 1750s (!!) so it's OK to tolerate high crime in 2012 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Should have dropped a bomb on that place yesterday, it would have halved unemployment and increased the average IQ of the country significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

E gives you that "loved up" feeling and reduces your social inhibitions. Worst thing you have to deal with when someone is on it is them talking shíte or being affectionate.

To be honest, most people on here haven't a clue what they're on about and just genarlise. "High as kites, Joe" etc.

I know a bloke who almost died at the electric picnic festival last year from mdma. He was very lucky that a paramedic in the campsite found him with his heart beating high above normal and apparently if they had not found him another 20 minutes he would have likely been a fatality. It also took him a few days in hospital to recover from that incident.
    moving aside from generalisations these drugs are dangerous, much like alcohol and seemingly are quite easy to overdose from if "popping a few pills" could get you into this state. I think (I stand to be corrected) your more likely to die from alcohol poisoning (chocking in own vomit) than an overdose like some of these chemical drugs will bring on,

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

for all the mid class electro hipsters n their vision of a chilly chill botique electronic 'music' will always bring the degenerates primarily attracted on the basis there's a sea change and musical instyments are being done away with- just about pushing the boundaries of a sound system via digtal noise which van exploit higher levels. My house in crumlin, 4 miles away was vibrating last night with tynee tempah's sub-bass bins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

mikom wrote: »
    A golf ball club........as opposed to a golf club.

Probably on his way to a gang sex rape.

and why would that be,as i said in my earlier post he was tearing after another guy..probably to beat him half to death with it,thankfully the other guy legged it and was miles and milesss ahead of him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

You win. You're absolutely correct. The country has never been worse and we will all be ass raped to death by skangers in our houses. The last words ever heard in this country will be a voice crying "Joeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

Thats just making fun of stung because you lost the argument. Pinker claimed that the crime rate reduced significantly in most Western societies from the late nineteenth century onwards, clearly Ireland has reversed that. And the late nineteenth century in Ireland was a dangerous enough place - land agitations etc.

So the increase since the eighties has been significant. Arguably we are unprepared for it because Ireland had such a low crime rate until then. Its still relatively low.

As for a knee jerk reaction. there has to be a political reaction to seven stabbings and three deaths at a concert. Otherwise why have politicians?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Eramen wrote: »
    Should have dropped a bomb on that place yesterday, it would have halved unemployment and increased the average IQ of the country significantly.

Somebody said the exact same thing a few hours ago and it was stupid then.

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    I know a bloke who almost died at the electric picnic festival last year from mdma. He was very lucky that a paramedic in the campsite found him with his heart beating high above normal and apparently if they had not found him another 20 minutes he would have likely been a fatality. It also took him a few days in hospital to recover from that incident.
    Did he take much or just have an odd reaction to it?
    moving aside from generalisations these drugs are dangerous, much like alcohol and seemingly are quite easy to overdose from if "popping a few pills" could get you into this state. I think (I stand to be corrected) your more likely to die from alcohol poisoning (chocking in own vomit) than an overdose like some of these chemical drugs will bring on,
    Alcohol poisoning isn't the same as choking on one's own vomit.

Prop Joe wrote: »
    You are an idiot
    People who do drugs are f**king Gob****es

Yes we heard your abuse the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

As for a kenn jerk reaction. there has to be a political reaction to seven stabbings and three deaths at a concert. Otherwise why have politicians?

Only one of those deaths was somebody who was known to have actually been at the concert. Three people died in Dublin, no mention of two of them being anywhere near the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

+1 to that. I'd much rather someone on a few bangers come up to me and chat the ear off me while looking for a few hugs than someone twisted drunk who can't string a sentence together and thinks you're looking at them funny and gets increasingly aggressive.

Obviously there are some powerful hallucinogenic drugs that may result in aggressive behaviour (or worse) but the generalisations about drugs made by people who think drinking is "grand" by comparison is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 immersive

Don't think it is unfair to say that certain musical acts very much attract a certain, less savoury type of person. Would this type of incident(s) have happened after an Andrea Bocelli gig?

Point is only in Ireland though. Not in other countries and I have first hand experience of this. I could name one ANdrea bocelli track and you know which one! Because I'm not into his stuff. All the scumbags there yesterday could name one or two Swedish house mafia tracks. The ones in the charts or on mainstream radio. But they wouldn't know anything at all above the individual djs, their underground music or their other productions for popstars etc. Point being they don't actually follow this music, they are mainly there to get wasted etc. They are scumbags, that is why. As someone asked above, why do we have so many scumbags in this country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

And people who get drunk?

That's the second such comment you've made after your first one using personal abuse was ignored. It conveys a serious lack of knowledge regarding the subject at hand.
    If you've had a good life and you do heroin, yes, you're a gobshyte. If you take one "disco biscuit" occasionally though, and you don't suffer any bad effects after, what's the problem? Use is not the same as abuse. Not saying it's good or anything, but judgement of how others conduct their lives is really only fair if there's good reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

LH Pathe wrote: »
    I know my brothers pals were there; not typically musicality inclined lads.. Main event for em was last nights

I'm bein kind - brazen scangers. I think a lot of post-oases skanks latched onto the sr's particularly with the chavvy one's solo career. The musicianship woulda gone over their heads - any lacerations, though? The premise of techno hippie events. Trojan horeshìt on an epic scale.. girls music gives lads no requisite avenue to vent
    Namlub wrote: »
    Is English your first language?
    It's the Drugs lads, I swear!

Thats just making fun of stung because you lost the argument. Pinker claimed that the crime rate reduced significantly in most Western societies from the late nineteenth century onwards, clearly Ireland has reversed that. And the late nineteenth century in Ireland was a dangerous enough place - land agitations etc.

So the increase since the eighties has been significant. Arguably we are unprepared for it because Ireland had such a low crime rate until then. Its still relatively low.

As for a knee jerk reaction. there has to be a political reaction to seven stabbings and three deaths at a concert. Otherwise why have politicians?
    The stats posted cover til 20 years ago then some more were posted from about 5 years ago, big gap. And the number of non-indictable offences were the "explosion" in crime, I don't think people worry so much about littering.
    As for politicians, I'd love to think they exist to do the right thing. Childish I know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

So, you don't drink, smoke or drink coffee then? Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thats just making fun of stung because you lost the argument. Pinker claimed that the crime rate reduced significantly in most Western societies from the late nineteenth century onwards, clearly Ireland has reversed that. ?

.....because of emmigration.

One death, drug related. As has been pointed out a few times before. And no, political intervention isn't nessecary unless something "new" has happened, and I'm not convinced it has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

These teenagers shouldn't have drank so much E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Nick

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, of course the drug itself can be dangerous, any substance that is abused is dangerous. I believe that when taken in the correct environment and proper information is given about the drug, it can be enjoyed in a very safe manner, the amount of deaths is rare and the few that do happen is because of misuse or bad pills.

The problem is that it's not always MDMA that you're buying, the pills are cut with other substances such as speed and can make them more dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

So, you don't drink, smoke or drink coffee then? Fair play to you.

I Drink and Smoke,No coffee but i don't fund drug dealers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

immersive wrote: »
    Point is only in Ireland though. Not in other countries and I have first hand experience of this............?

You missed the links I posted earlier, I take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

flyswatter wrote: »
    That security guard is awesome at pushing! Just look at him go!

Tbf to the staff as the evidence shows us they should have been wearing stab proof vests like the Gardai have. There is no way the event staff were adequately trained or equipped. What ever private security firm were paid to run the show have a lot to answer for.

Dennis Diagio and the Marlboro man will be pleased to know.

You drink and smoke and you dont fund drug dealers. Ok.

Good man.

Onixx wrote: »
    And people who get drunk?

That's the second such comment you've made after your first one using personal abuse was ignored. It conveys a serious lack of knowledge regarding the subject at hand.
    If you've had a good life and you do heroin, yes, you're a gobshyte. If you take one "disco biscuit" occasionally though, and you don't suffer any bad effects after, what's the problem? Use is not the same as abuse. Not saying it's good or anything, but judgement of how others conduct their lives is really only fair if there's good reason for it.

It's illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

*sigh*
    Why the hell do people have to equate "scumbag" with class, welfare, money, location, accent etc? It has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    A "scumbag" is the kind of thug who starts fights, carries weaponry, swears and shouts at people in public for no reason, drives around with windows down and music up to 90DB, etc.

In other words, someone who is generally antisocial and has no decency.

I'm from Sandycove, what a lot of people regard as a "posh" area, and I can assure you there are just as many scumbags among the well off as there are among the disadvantaged. So can we please stop dragging social welfare and geographic location into these debates. I know assholes from D4 and I know absolutely sound people from "de northside". I know rich assholes and I know people who haven't got a penny to their name who are the kind of people you'd happily have as a roommate. This ridiculous stereotyping isn't going to solve anything. "Class profiling" is not going to solve anything. Assuming anyone who stabs somebody is on social welfare is not going to solve anything.

If you carry a knife around, if you start fights for the craic, if you abuse random members of the public for kicks, you're an antisocial scumbag and should be dealt with accordingly under the law. That's it. It doesn't matter where your money comes from or what part of the country you come from for f*ck's sake!

Non-sense if you walked around Dalkey or walked around Darndale where are you more likely to end up stabbed? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    But you said crime was much higher in the 1860s than it is now and posted a link to an article showing the opposite. That has nothing to do with emigration.

Good response. Bravo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Eramen wrote: »

Leave the concert goers for the time being, and start by culling the next person to post this 'joke', the mud video, or the T-in-the-Park pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Onixx wrote: »
    Heh, I like some of his tunes. :D
    Ditto Calvin Harris.

I draw the line at NDubz.

I draw the line at all of the above

It's illegal?

That's your logic as to why they are idiots?

And you smoke, and you think you are not an idiot? The biggest preventable cause of death in the world.

Can you not see a flaw in your arguement there. Smoking is Ilegal in Bhutan, does that make you an idiot?

You drink and smoke and you dont fund drug dealers. Ok.

Good man.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

It's illegal?
    Do you think the people who drank during Prohibition were idiots?

• Advertisement

?

You do fund drug dealers. What do you think cigerette companies are?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭numbnutz

RMD wrote: »
    It's not the Act but the genre. SHM play commercial house music, many of Dublin's finest knackers like commercial house music. This is why for example gigs like Avicii, Deadmau5 and SHM all had a larger "knacker" content than we'll say Tim Mason and Seth Troxler who've both played Dublin recently. They play a different genre of dance music which doesn't appeal to the average 15-24 year old knacker and as such their gigs didn't receive the same type of crowd. They were all great nights and all went out without a hitch. It's not the act but the genre which draws the scum.

David Guetta is playing Marley park on August 24th, I'm pretty certain it's going to go off exactly like yesterday did as he's also an incredibly big name in commercial house music. I'd like to see 1-2 of his supporting acts but I'm going to avoid that gig because it's going to be ruined by the minority of scum who act out so much they appear to be the majority. Shame.

This is it fullstop!Excellent appraisal,explanation and summary of everything to do with last night.

Take a bow son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

your username is invalid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

No, it's not. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry, but you don't.

I've seen completely sober scumbags beat people within an inch of their lives. I've seen drunk people help others when they fall down.

Alcohol doesn't make timid people violent. It reduces inhibitions. It makes it more likely than violent scumbags will be violent scumbags. Alcohol isn't a common factor. Scumbags are the common factor.

Ok one more time.

Alcohol + drugs in a crowd of young people = bad.
    Alcohol only in a big crowd of young people = bad.
    Drugs only in a crowd of young people = not nearly as bad.

I know perfectly well that alcohol removes inhibitiions. The timid person is not violent with no alcohol. The same timid person when drunk will lose his inhibitions and decide to take action in whatever situation he is in. The timid person with 2 E's in his system will be a sentimental blubbering mess completely incapable and disinterested in fighting.

I know perfectly well what i'm talking about dont worry. Some have pointed out that the cheap supermarket booze is the problem. I agree to a certain extent but am just back from Poland where i saw cheap alcohol being sold in a butcher's in the village i was staying. So i think its probably a cultural thing here more than anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I know alcoholics who never drank at home... Always in the pub, I suppose people are different but blaming cheap booze in supermarkets as a source of alcohol problems is not fair.

I think it is fair, at least a barman can (or should) watch over its customers it serves - supermarkets can afford to sell booze cheaply, and most people in the know will tell you , that much of the problem drink, sourced by problem drinkers is sourced at Supermarkets - meanwhile pubs throughout ireland are dying - yes I know many good citizens purchase the odd bottle of good value wine, and dont cause any problems, but for many the good value, isnt really good value in the long run , or for our society - just my views

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

One death, drug related. As has been pointed out a few times before. And no, political intervention isn't nessecary unless something "new" has happened, and I'm not convinced it has.

and multiple attempted murders..

can only say that those defending it; are it. Sorry, no quarter given. Not one big love-in.. as such events are regularly advertised as. to me, they're just a big snide skobe in ghey clothing. Or vice-versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

.....because of emmigration.

FFS! Have you read this thread, or the news, or the comments on Youtube and FB? There is a huge amount of eye-witness accounts from people at the concert, in its vicinity, or in the vicinity of attendees. People are describing absolute bloody carnage, rampant lawlessness, intimidation, drunkenness, drug abuse, violence, and various lewd acts.

It is bloody clear AS DAY that we already have serious public order issues in Ireland. It's the same routine all over the country every weekend from small villages to major urban centres - young people hammered drunk, causing trouble. The police do nothing. The courts don't take it seriously.

In case you haven't noticed, 9 PEOPLE WERE STABBED. Yes, politicians need to intervene now to finally bring an end to this absolute craziness.

How in hell can you not see that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

.....because of emigration.

You're assuming emigration.
    Nodin wrote:
    As for politicians, I'd love to think they exist to do the right thing. Childish I know :pac:

Regardless of whether it was drugs or alcohol which caused the problems - I go with Alcohol, what we have here is in fact new. Seven stabbings, which could have resulted in seven deaths. The handing of security to a private organisation in its entirely, the non-existence of the Gardai on the local streets, the ceding of the city to a mob for a few hours. Not too different from St. Patrick's day right enough, but we cant keep on with doing nothing. What to do? Maybe remove all concerts from the park, push them out to the Aviva. Have riot police on hand. Stop all drunks from getting in - turnstiles are your friend.

When would you act, Nodin? Ten stabbings? Twenty? Fifty? A few deaths thrown in?

Lumbo wrote: »
    Yeah, his music's terrible.

Still making great underground music. He does the chart stuff for everybody for the bucks. The GUetta that produces most of the number ones these days is the not the real Guetta. But the real Guetta still exists. He does it all.....because he can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I had one of the best nights of my life there last night. However I did get punched in the face an kicked in the stomach by 2 different scumbags, for literally no reason.

You must have some fairly sh*tty nights if a night where you got punched and kicked at random by strangers counts as one of the best in your life.
    Awful news, but this thread is an absolute trainwreck- Kiera has closed her account!

She does that. She'll come back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

LH Pathe wrote: »
    for all the mid class electro hipsters n their vision of a chilly chill botique electronic 'music' will always bring the degenerates primarily attracted on the basis there's a sea change and musical instyments are being done away with- just about pushing the boundaries of a sound system via digtal noise which van exploit higher levels. My house in crumlin, 4 miles away was vibrating last night with tynee tempah's sub-bass bins.

try hard

But you used to be one...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

Yet crime is lower now than when young lads were sent to borstal for any little thing they did, how does that work?

brushstrokes are a bit broad there...depends on the type of "crime" you are measuring and what the statisticians consider to be "crime" plus how much of it goes un-noticed/unpunished and never even makes it into those oft quoted precious statistics

In my experience of living and working in this country...........the type of crime I'm talking about (thuggery, unprovoked attacks and general scumbaggishness, physically intimidating behavior leading to fighting on the street etc) is definitely on the increase (over that last 20 -25 years)...unless I'm imagining things, and I dont think its a case of rose tinted glasses...things were not perfect in the past but there was a lid on this type of behaviour to an extent because the punishment would be relatively quick and relatively severe enough to serve as a deterrant...that deterrant does not exist any more

now, even people who can stand up for themselves physically are afraid to because the situation has gotten out of hand....you dont know if its a set up, if you'll lose an eye, your life because the scumbags have no limits and no real consequences...when they are caught they will probably just walk out of court smirking at you

I'll be leaving as soon as Gueta graces the stage, looking forward to seeing Tommy Trash and Wolfgang Gartner.

Wolfgang Gartner. Absolutely amazing.

If you buy pills the weekend or occasionally or whenever do you not know that the few quid you throw the dealer indirectly ends up in the pockets of the biggest scummers in Ireland who cause so much pain in this county.

I try my best not to break the law in all aspects of life especially not aiding criminals.

Just can't see how someone can justify giving money to these scum in exchange for a bit of a buzz for a few hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement