Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

The amount of boardsies in After Hours that justify taking illegal drugs is mind boggling. You have no case! And that's not a matter of opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

People keeping saying that this type of music attracts "scum" but as much as I hate the genre I think it's the fact that this was an outside gig that attracted them. Thinking back over the two AC/DC concerts a few years back I was struck by the contrast in the crowds.

The O2 crowd was made up of fans and people there for the music, as such there were no fights and very few people falling all over themselves drukenly and trying to start trouble. A couple of months later and the crowd at the outdoor gig was much different, there were drunken idiots everywhere and I saw a number of fights. A lot of the audience seemed to be there solely to get as drunk as possible, they certainly didn't seem to be there for the music.

Was there myself along with 80,000 others. I didnt see a person say an aggresive word to anybody. There were thousands of people sitting in the field outside drinking for hours before the gig and not a peep from anybody. Even the ridiculous queues for the busses after the gig were civilised. Even if you go to a massive festival like Download, you would rarely see trouble from a crowd of 120,000. Its definitely the type of clientele.

And to think the likes of AC/DC and heavy metal in general was tagged as a rough crowd for years :pac:

Tusky wrote: »
    People keeping saying that this type of music attracts "scum" but as much as I hate the genre I think it's the fact that this was an outside gig that attracted them. Thinking back over the two AC/DC concerts a few years back I was struck by the contrast in the crowds.

The O2 crowd was made up of fans and people there for the music, as such there were no fights and very few people falling all over themselves drukenly and trying to start trouble. A couple of months later and the crowd at the outdoor gig was much different, there were drunken idiots everywhere and I saw a number of fights. A lot of the audience seemed to be there solely to get as drunk as possible, they certainly didn't seem to be there for the music.

Your argument is flawed though because the crowds at the gigs yesterday and on Friday were fine and there was no trouble.

Commercial dance and commercial hip-hop have extremely questionable elements to their fanbases. Combine the two - Swedish House Mafia and Snoop Dog - and you have a recipe for disaster. The problem was not the fact that the gig was outdoor, drink and drugs is not the blame - the scummy individuals who went there purely to cause trouble are the ones at fault. One guy was randomly stabbed in the back while enjoying the gig - that's just thuggery and blaming drink, drugs or anything else is just silly.

I wasn't blaming drink or drugs but rather the less than savoury element that many out door gigs seem to attract. While the other gigs were largely trouble free, friends of mine at both saw fights and a lot of drunken idiots throughout the two days.

At the end of the day there are two elements to blame for all the trouble, the scum who brought weapons to a gig and went out of their way to cause trouble and the organisers. I hope the famines of those affected by the stabbings sue the hell out of them but I fear that this will just be another scandal they weasel their way out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

According to joe.ie:
    Six people were robbed of their tickets at knifepoint outside the Phoenix Park before the show

What factors combined to give us this scum-fest? Time of year, location, line-up, people with too much money for alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

That was a serious post. The point is that, because it depends on whether he habitually carries a knife, you can't state definitively whether his possession of a knife indicates that the stabbings were premeditated.

its that sort of bollix talk that has scumbags back out on the streets after a few months instead of a few years!

nobody needs to carry a knife to a fcuking music festival! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    The amount of boardsies in After Hours that justify taking illegal drugs is mind boggling. You have no case! And that's not a matter of opinion.

Ha! Ha! Yes it is.

Was there myself along with 80,000 others. I didnt see a person say an aggresive word to anybody. There were thousands of people sitting in the field outside drinking for hours before the gig and not a peep from anybody. Even the ridiculous queues for the busses after the gig were civilised. Even if you go to a massive festival like Download, you would rarely see trouble from a crowd of 120,000. Its definitely the type of clientele.

And to think the likes of AC/DC and heavy metal in general was tagged as a rough crowd for years :pac:

It was only a tiny element causing trouble but there were a lot of less than savoury individuals there simply to get as drunk as possible. They weren't there for the music, whereas the O2 gig was made up of fans there to hear a band they loved.

The amount of boardsies in After Hours that justify taking illegal drugs is mind boggling. You have no case!

When a drug is unjustly illegal it can of course be justified.
    And that's not a matter of opinion.

Of course it's a matter of opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Someone charged with a stabbing incident at the concert:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0709/man-charged-with-concert-stabbings-due-in-court.html

I'm just going to leave this here (I have no idea if these people are related):

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/roadrage-driver-smashed-barrier-2403675.html

• Advertisement

It's a bit sad that some people need to take drugs to have a good time

And contributing to the sale of illegal drugs is a crime. If that's a matter of opinion then Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Raymond donnan from Clondalkin Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Time of year, location, people with too much money for alcohol?

too little money for alcohol maybe?

you could either line up for 20 mins and buy a plastic glass of heiniken for 5 euro a pop

or

you buy a cheap bottle of vodka for 10 euro and down it before you go in...

by the looks of the state of everyone before hand they chose the latter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

Raymond donnan seems like such a nice guy

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm just going to leave this here (I have no idea if these people are related):

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/roadrage-driver-smashed-barrier-2403675.html

sums up in one neat little article what is wrong with our country.... scumbags allowed to clock up numerous convictions and STILL get probation...

how many times prior to this did he get "probation" i wonder????

its ****ing sickening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Difference between Irish scumbags and UK scumbags?

We give ours €188 a week. They give theirs a maximum of £65.45

• Advertisement

Ever had a drink to enjoy yourself a bit more?
    And contributing to the sale of illegal drugs is a crime. If that's a matter of opinion then Lol

How about growing your own weed? Who's that hurt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Sleepy wrote: »

True - and this has nothing to do with decent families or single people falling on hard-times and trying to better themselves. It has everything with giving unparented, undereducated, uncivilised wasters plenty of money to live at home and drink and smoke themselves into an even deeper realm of wasterville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    How about growing your own weed? Who's that hurt?
    Drug dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I had never heard of this group before this, and I used to go to listen to all kinds of music. Few friends posted about it on facebook, and I thought there was a Swedish mafia living in Waterford going around stabbing people. How the **** did a no-name group get so many people there?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

it was the drink with the coke, was just drink, no it wasn't, it does that to ya, coke doesn't do that, have ya ever tried it? it was the E not the weed, was it? i doubt it was, it was the drink. poly drugs i reckon, what ya sayin? have ya ever tried it? it doesn't do that to ya spa. how do you know? ive taken poppers with cider, it does that to ya. i know cos i'm hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

*yawns*

dont turn this into a dole bashing thread,just because some scumbags abuse it,doesnt mean it should be cut for the rest of us..

if they are found to be abusing it,just cut it on an individual basis not as a whole..

I have developed a scumbag test that if you fail you get less money from the dole. This is of course easy to implement.

I offered it to the government for half a million but the fools turned me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Raymond donnan from Clondalkin Dublin.

Hopefully he's put in a cell with a big hairy rapist.

The vermin.

dlofnep wrote: »
    How the **** did a no-name group get so many people there?

Face it dude..... you're getting old!!!! :pac::pac::pac:

People have been taking mood-altering substances for 1000s of years. Nothing wrong with it when done responsibly.

LOL indeed. It must so nice having such a simplistic view of the world. Governments are always right.

He has history.
    22 previous convictions.

see thats the thing past convictions nothing done about it,they should get heavier sentences..zero tolerance

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

You've missed my point a bit. There is no murder in dealing weed in Ireland. There aren't a load of big gangs mass producing and selling, monopolising, it is mostly a few lads growing it themselves. It isn't being imported, it's not like the US and Mexico.

Cocaine is a different story, as it is certainly not produced in Ireland. I don't know about Ecstasy, haven't a breeze where that's produced.

Man, I'm a smoker myself but I have to say, you are talking through your Swiss!!! The marajuanna trade is monopolised over here. It's under control of a Chinese gang. There is a Polish gang too but the Chinese are running the show. What's worse, they are bringing over young Chinese students with the promise of work and study only for them to be forced to look after the grow farms.

Sorry man, but you are way off the mark on this one.

http://www.herald.ie/news/chinese-girls-brought-in-as-slave-workers-to-grow-drugs-2129887.html

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

I had never heard of this group before this, and I used to go to listen to all kinds of music. Few friends posted about it on facebook, and I thought there was a Swedish mafia living in Waterford going around stabbing people. How the **** did a no-name group get so many people there?

They're actually really good. If you heard a couple of their songs you'd realise you do know them, they've collaborated with some other big artists and you've probably heard them on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

People, no linking to people's personal information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yea see? No books! People need to be reading.

on his fb page it says everybody feels like mike tyson after a couple of drinks..i mean ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

giggle84 wrote: »

They're actually really good. If you heard a couple of their songs you'd realise you do know them, they've collaborated with some other big artists and you've probably heard them on the radio.
    My 6 yr old is mad into SHM I would of loved to bring her to see them but the knackfest put me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

see thats the thing past convictions nothing done about it,they should get heavier sentences..zero tolerance

Chickens coming home to roost for this society

it will only get much worse

on his fb page it says everybody feels like mike tyson after a couple of drinks..i mean ffs

I think he meant Dahmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Zulu wrote: »
    Yea see? No books! People need to be reading.

"Bukz R 4 faggitz bud"

Sounds like an insecure föök ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

davet82 wrote: »
    That was a serious post. The point is that, because it depends on whether he habitually carries a knife, you can't state definitively whether his possession of a knife indicates that the stabbings were premeditated.

its that sort of bollix talk that has scumbags back out on the streets after a few months instead of a few years!

nobody needs to carry a knife to a fcuking music festival! :mad:
    How in the name of Christ could anyone interpret my post as a suggestion that someone should bring a knife to a concert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

gcgirl wrote: »
    My 6 yr old is mad into SHM I would of loved to bring her to see them but the knackfest put me off

Good thing you didn't waste your money, I assure you you would have turned back at Heuston Station!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Sound logic: I havnt heard of them, therefore they are a no name.

Oh almighty musical guru your ideas interest me and I would like to subscribe to your news letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

She's only 6, it's not too late!

I'd start blasting her with classical music about now. She'll probably end up hating it, but it might ingrain some sort of appreciation of decent music on a subconscious level. :pac:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ever had a drink to enjoy yourself a bit more?

Yes of course I do from time to time.

But do I drink to excess? No
    Is it illegal to buy alcohol? No
    Am I contributing to crime? No
    Does it change the way I behave? No, because I know my limit. (I tend to only have one or two glasses of wine anyways)

Now substitute alcohol for drugs and ask yourself those questions. The answers will be yes

It's gas the way you can even argue this, almost every murder case in Ireland is drug related and you can be sure that this lad was off his face too. And please don't give me the lame excuse "because he combined alcohol with the drugs!" it's nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

But every time you take (some) drugs, there's a chance you're going to do something that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Like stab people.

Such a silly statement. I guess you are in favour of banning alcohol then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I was in town the night of one of the Westlife gigs and there were lots of drunk women peeing not very discreetly down alleyways, walking in front of traffic on to the LUAS line and generally making a nuisance / danger of themselves.

I was in town the night Deadmau5 was playing in the RDS saw some fairly young people acting the maggot ,knacker drinking and randomly shouting at passers by - this was before the gig I've no doubt they were a horror show at the gig and a mess afterwards

I remember Jessie J was freaked out by the state of people at the Trinity ball

I've been to many a gig and festival where there are people who can barely stand going into the event - firstly this is a massive waste as there's zero chance they'll remember much of the gig but it seems to be something we're more prone to or acceptant of here

A lot of people set out with the intention of doing the dog on it. When those people are unsavoury types unfortunately they do things that impact on others.

Tighter security and tougher policing are the only preventive measures I can think of. Certain types of people are more prevalent at certain events but it's not fair to label everyone going as scumbags.

They are like this every chance they get, just think what happens on Paddy's day and Halloween. They are a law unto themselves.

I'm not a fan of any of the acts that played on Saturday but banning certain acts from playing or labelling fans as scum seems pretty shortsighted.

It's mortifying and depressing that that is the image of Ireland that many people will have now but scumbags are scumbags on a daily basis. Until they see consequences for their actions I'm afraid the best we can hope for is their exclusion from events we're likely to be at.

In relation to the drug deaths I just think its terribly sad. I'm not going to pass any judgement on the young people involved and feel very sorry for their family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

But every time you take (some) drugs, there's a chance you're going to do something that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Like stab people.

Such a silly statement. I guess you are in favour of banning alcohol then?
    Such a silly post. Did I suggest banning any other drugs?

giggle84 wrote: »

Good thing you didn't waste your money, I assure you you would have turned back at Heuston Station!
    The walk up I'd say was teenagers either passing out or pukefest On the pavement and completely unsure of where they were at, nothing changes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

What! No Joe??

Ah Joe, what a cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA statement on concert

http://www.thejournal.ie/swedish-house-mafia-make-statement-following-phoenix-park-incidents-514724-Jul2012/

Abit arrogant and cowardly if you ask me

They could have at least gave condolences to injured and dead not lick MCDs a*se

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement