Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daithiobeag

No dope would suit you better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

in fairness did anybody hear of stabbings at concerts in the early 00's or late 90's even..?

only the raves. My sis used to regale me with tales of skanky derring-do; bless 'er.. in fact, rave n rap seemingly gave wind to our criminal underworld far as I recall, 20+ yr ago. N girls like my sis, who finds it attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Next time i go to a gig,im bringing a knife for protection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

thats the problem right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Next time i go to a gig,im bringing a knife for protection.
    That won't really help you.

See when you get into a fight with the insanely hardcore, tough, brave men here, it usually involves them (as in 5+) against one person.

Your knife won't do much when you have about 5-6 people jumping on your skull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

VEN wrote: »
    and take cocaine you'll be?

Anytime I've had cocaine, I've just felt relaxed and more alert.
    I know it causes different reactions in different people, but I don't think you can generalise this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

See when you get into a fight with the insanely hardcore, tough, brave men here, it usually involves them (as in 5+) against one person.

Also, only scum carry knives

its disgusting the way people fight now,years back it used to be the odd pushing and kicking and a punch and if a person was not any of the better of it the aggressor would leave off and the point would be made,now its overkill do young people really comprehend the damage they are doing to the victim they are about to take a life away from,or the relatives,or themselves with a criminal record that will follow them around for the rest of their life?

Collie D wrote: »
    Also, only scum carry knives

I agree. I like to just break a bottle of someone's head while Damo and Decko tackle him. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I would quite like to have one of those taser things or a cattle prod to drop these scumbags to the floor when they start to misbehave...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

eviltwin wrote: »
    funkhouser wrote: »
    It's amazing so many people who weren't there are so absolutely certain about so much to do with the concert and the people who attended it. If you're that prejudiced don't bother posting or engaging with anyone on the subject because you know it all already! One poster even blamed the "working class". :rolleyes:

Call Liveline tomorrow to decry how terrible it all is.

"That's OK....your tears say more than real evidence ever could".

Well I have had the misfortune of driving on the Navan Road every night this week after kicking out time. Not a single problem with any of the gigs so far and I don't expect any tonight either.

However last night when it was a case of dodge the traffic cone the scumbags were throwing at cars, glasses and bottles being thrown at cars from the Halfway House and I saw one young man taking a dump on the roundabout.

Not a guard in sight either.

We ordered a taxi pick up from ashington ( we were not at the gig) and a few said they were not going near the navan road as it's too much hassle. Worked out well for me, early night though there were large groups of people crawling around the estates til 3 am off the navan road.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

True.

But i go to gigs with my boys,usually about 20+ of us on a bus and ill make sure were all tooled up and ready for action.

We'll be like something out of gangs of new york.

Anytime I've had cocaine, I've just felt relaxed and more alert.
    I know it causes different reactions in different people, but I don't think you can generalise this stuff.

coke can make you aggressive and even more so if you mix it with other drugs(could even be head shop gear doing the rounds) and drink..

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

its disgusting the way people fight now,years back it used to be the odd pushing and kicking and a punch and if a person was not any of the better of it the aggressor would leave off and the point would be made,now its overkill do young people really comprehend the damage they are doing to the victim they are about to take a life away from,or the relatives,or themselves with a criminal record that will follow them around for the rest of their life?

Scum can have criminal records the size of a small novel and still walk the streets in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

people that do those kinds of things just dont care for the most part I'd say

and I firmly believe that for the majority of them the reason they dont care is because either they have not experienced severe consequences for behaving like scumbags early on enough in life or they haven't seen the appropriate consequences being visited on other scumbags behaving this way.

start punishing undesirable behavior harshly and sticking to the punishment and there will be a reduction in the amount of stabbings, random unprovoked attacks etc

Really annoying for half an hour.

coke can make you aggressive and even more so if you mix it with other drugs(could even be head shop gear doing the rounds) and drink..

It's still the person's fault. If something affects them badly they shouldn't do it.

I'm not trying to get this into a "scumbags on the dole" thread but even if you do have a criminal record etc and you're on the dole, can't you go on all these ****ing retarded FAS programmes for "drug addicts" and various anti-social stuff and still get your dole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Really annoying for half an hour.

• Advertisement

amacca wrote: »
    people that do those kinds of things just dont care for the most part I'd say

and I firmly believe that for the majority of them the reason they dont care is because either they have not experienced severe consequences for behaving like scumbags early on enough in life or they haven't seen the appropriate consequences being visited on other scumbags behaving this way.

start punishing undesirable behavior harshly and sticking to the punishment and there will be a reduction in the amount of stabbings, random unprovoked attacks etc

The evidence doesn't really suggest that though. People raised with alcoholic or drug-abusing parents are more likely to follow them, even allowing for the genetics factor. Plenty of them will have friends die in certain circumstances yet not change their own behaviour at all.

I'm not trying to get this into a "scumbags on the dole" thread but even if you do have a criminal record etc and you're on the dole, can't you go on all these ****ing retarded FAS programmes for "drug addicts" and various anti-social stuff and still get your dole?

Yup. Lads I grew up with left school early, got criminal records etc. etc. and ended up in "outreach" programmes and the like and get a higher payment than me and jollies to Canada. That's what I get for not being a scumbag eh?

The evidence doesn't really suggest that though. People raised with alcoholic or drug-abusing parents are more likely to follow them, even allowing for the genetics factor. Plenty of them will have friends die in certain circumstances yet not change their own behaviour at all.

That thing of "how you're raised reflects the person you'll be" is a load of rubbish in my opinion.

I've been raised around people getting drunk, peopleon drugs, fights, stolen cars, etc.

I don't do any of that. If anything it was a bigger deter against taking drugs and starting drinking in alleys are 12/13 years old.

Not having a go at what you're saying or anything but I personally think it's a bit of a cop out and is one of the reasons the kids still get put back out on the streets to repeat their offences.
    Yup. Lads I grew up with left school early, got criminal records etc. etc. and ended up in "outreach" programmes and the like and get a higher payment than me and jollies to Canada. That's what I get for not being a scumbag eh?

Cheers for that.
    I always wonder myself since I've currently on the dole. It always baffaled me how I'd hear people say "**** it, not going to FAS tomorrow, not like they'll cut me off" and wondered how much truth it held.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Junoesque

Sick people too much to drink, to much to snort and not enough brain to fill an eggcup, between them.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

People pour money into Evil and more evil must flow from these Venom Machines and if the money stops the evil stops too .These Acts are well attuned to the excitement of murder and mayhem that lies below the surface of human nature .They Capitalise on it and make fortunes inflaming youth and causing violence and mayhem .They leave our shores with a big Bag of money and their sort will be back because Ireland is Sleepy and Apathetic about important issues ... We were always that way .
    During the "Tiger" years Crime soared and cutbacks in the gardai went on at the same time and plenty of paople on hospital trolleys .What are we serious about ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

paddyandy wrote: »
    People pour money into Evil and more evil must flow from these Venom Machines and if the money stops the evil stops too .These Acts are well attuned to the excitement of murder and mayhem that lies below the surface of human nature .They Capitalise on it and make fortunes inflaming youth and causing violence and mayhem .They leave our shores with a big Bag of money .
    wat

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    wat
    I think he was trying to explain how the promoters of the gigs just care about money and don't care how much trouble they cause.

That thing of "how you're raised reflects the person you'll be" is a load of rubbish in my opinion.

I've been raised around people getting drunk, peopleon drugs, fights, stolen cars, etc.

I don't do any of that. If anything it was a bigger deter against taking drugs and starting drinking in alleys are 12/13 years old.

Not having a go at what you're saying or anything but I personally think it's a bit of a cop out and is one of the reasons the kids still get put back out on the streets to repeat their offences.
    It's not a cop-out, it's what happens. People have choices obviously but the odds are stacked against people raised in certain circumstances.
    Cheers for that.
    I always wonder myself since I've currently on the dole. It always baffaled me how I'd hear people say "**** it, not going to FAS tomorrow, not like they'll cut me off" and wondered how much truth it held.
    I've several rants on the topic but I don't think this thread is the place for them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

People pour money into Evil and more evil must flow from these Venom Machines and if the money stops the evil stops too .These Acts are well attuned to the excitement of murder and mayhem that lies below the surface of human nature .They Capitalise on it and make fortunes inflaming youth and causing violence and mayhem .They leave our shores with a big Bag of money .

Seriously dude..... make an appointment with your doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

your reply contains nothing that refutes my point even though you seem to think it does

I'm saying the punishment meted out by law/justice system (not by their environment/circumstances) is too lenient and not a suitable deterrant - I would contend that mandatory punishment for crimes involving unprovoked violence/thuggery (with no concurrency for each separate offence or suspension of sentences) would reduce the problem drastically and cost the state less (although the usual parasites wouldnt be able to earn a living from the reduced level of crime)

the kind of punishment I'm envisioning would not be revolving door imprisonment costing the state money in solicitors fees etc but something more onerous that would not encourage them to reoffend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Coke, alcohol and anger = trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I think people are unfairly blaming MCD here. If some knife wielding psyco is intent on causing trouble there is not an awful lot an organiser can do short of having metal detectors and riot police and even that would not be 100% effective.

It's not a cop-out, it's what happens. People have choices obviously but the odds are stacked against people raised in certain circumstances./QUOTE]

I might have been a bit harsh. I think it's a cop out to say "Damo, this is the tenth time you smashed up a car while drinking, but it's okay, we forgive you, go free and remember, don't be a bold boy! :)".

But yes, I do know that your upbringing can be a lot to do with how you turn out. But using it as a cop out to let kids go free when they clearly more help other than "we might give you a bit more of a lecture next time" isn't going to help anyone, least not the kid who understands it's okay to get drunk and start fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

People pour money into Evil and more evil must flow from these Venom Machines and if the money stops the evil stops too .These Acts are well attuned to the excitement of murder and mayhem that lies below the surface of human nature .They Capitalise on it and make fortunes inflaming youth and causing violence and mayhem .They leave our shores with a big Bag of money and their sort will be back because Ireland is Sleepy and Apathetic about important issues ... We were always that way .
    During the "Tiger" years Crime soared and cutbacks in the gardai went on at the same time and plenty of paople on hospital trolleys .What are we serious about ????
    FairPlay to them that's what I say. Venom machines FTW.

/goes looking for hash pills

amacca wrote: »
    your reply contains nothing that refutes my point even though you seem to think it does

I'm saying the punishment meted out by law/justice system (not by their environment/circumstances) is too lenient and not a suitable deterrant - I would contend that mandatory punishment for crimes involving unprovoked violence/thuggery (with no concurrency for each separate offence or suspension of sentences) would reduce the problem drastically and cost the state less (although the usual parasites wouldnt be able to earn a living from the reduced level of crime)

the kind of punishment I'm envisioning would not be revolving door imprisonment costing the state money in solicitors fees etc but something more onerous that would not encourage them to reoffend
    I agree it's too lenient morally however most crime is lower than ever while the legal system continues to get more lenient. There's no correlation with harsher punishments and falling crime rates except in very particular circumstances. The kinds of people who will go out and slash a dozen or so people aren't going to be deterred by a possible prison term or much else I can think of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

paddyandy. I think you're the Evil Venom Machine!

Namlub wrote: »
    wat
    I think he was trying to explain how the promoters of the gigs just care about money and don't care how much trouble they cause.

think he's referring to these 'acts' that show up; press play on tape usually under the sheeps clothing of 'Planet Love' or something whilst the glasgae smiles commence to their artificial sountrack of love and hearts. Then break for the border with the swag

I might have been a bit harsh. I think it's a cop out to say "Damo, this is the tenth time you smashed up a car while drinking, but it's okay, we forgive you, go free and remember, don't be a bold boy! :)".
    I agree, just saying that tougher sentences for it don't act as a deterrent.
    But yes, I do know that your upbringing can be a lot to do with how you turn out. But using it as a cop out to let kids go free when they clearly more help other than "we might give you a bit more of a lecture next time" isn't going to help anyone, least not the kid who understands it's okay to get drunk and start fights.
    Again, if someone goes out and randomly slashed a load of people I'd be fine with them never getting out of prison. I'm not saying they should be given any leeway because their daddy slapped them once when they were 5, just that consequences don't mean much to these people. I've seen people who dabbled (not junkies as such) OD and it didn't put their friends off. Someone died in a joy-riding accident, did their mates stop? No chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Real Life wrote: »
    how come there was no trouble at the stone roses when most of the crowd there would have been using drugs aswell?

There was plenty of trouble at the stone roses gig from what I could see. The gardai simply weren't doing their job when they said there were no arrests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

What kinda bad stuff was happening at the Roses gig? It all seemed very positive-natured to me.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

how come there was no trouble at the stone roses when most of the crowd there would have been using drugs aswell?

There was plenty of trouble at the stone roses gig from what I could see. The gardai simply weren't doing their job when they said there were no arrests.

the only trouble I saw was caused by security/steward refusing to open an exit after. I saw no crowd trouble at all, and I was severely impressed by the good will feeling during the whole gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I went to the gig and I had an amazing time, SHM were great and so were the other acts.

What annoys me is that there's such a bad image associated with one of my favourite types of music, it seemed that a lot of people were there for the sole purpose of getting pissed and causing trouble and not for the music. You could tell straight away from seeing the behavior of some of the people. Though it's only a small majority, they ruin it for everyone else. I just want to see some of my favourite DJs perform live without having to witness this shíte.

At one stage during Snoop Dogg I was pushed into some girl, she was pissed and proceeded to dig me in the head twice, I pushed her back and her boyfriend squared up to me, ready for a fight. I just walked away. He was a complete scumbag.

It's terrible to hear about stabbings at a gig I was at,, again a bad image for electronic music festivals. That said though I met some nice people during SHM who were there for the same reason I was, the music.

Posted this over in Gigs and Events, might aswell put it here.

I know my brothers pals were there; not typically musicality inclined lads.. Main event for em was last nights

I'm bein kind - brazen scangers. I think a lot of post-oases skanks latched onto the sr's particularly with the chavvy one's solo career. The musicianship woulda gone over their heads - any lacerations, though? The premise of techno hippie events. Trojan horeshìt on an epic scale.. girls music gives lads no requisite avenue to vent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Whats that Paddy?

A little girl is trapped down an old well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

This thread is gone to ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

LH Pathe wrote: »
    I know my brothers pals were there; not typically musicality inclined lads.. Main event for em was last nights

I'm bein kind - brazen scangers. I think a lot of post-oases skanks latched onto the sr's particularly with the chavvy one's solo career. The musicianship woulda gone over their heads - any lacerations, though? The premise of techno hippie events. Trojan horeshìt on an epic scale.. girls music gives lads no requisite avenue to vent

Is English your first language?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One dead from an overdose and nine stabbed :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

paddyandy. I think you're the Evil Venom Machine!

can I assume that mantle? sooner Kronos than some davey ravey berk, that's for sure

bless em; the disenfranchised dance hipsters with their disco biscuits, all luv'd up with heart sign in the air and knives in their sock for only god can save em. Gays and scangers, what a contrast. Yet so hard to differenciate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

LH Pathe wrote: »

I'm bein kind - brazen scangers. I think a lot of post-oases skanks latched onto the sr's particularly with the chavvy one's solo career. The musicianship woulda gone over their heads - any lacerations, though?

spot on, there was quite a few of these scumbags causing all sorts of bother. no stabbings that I know of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One dead from an overdose and nine stabbed :eek:

Interestingly, we have one of the highest rates of drug related deaths in Europe. Why that is, I've no idea though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement